Mike Staff Productions

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Soooo Helpful. If we had more money we would have done all 3 services from them but we got a killer deal on photography from someone else. Very professional and will try to figure something out to help with your budget.

Chrissy&Tom
Recently Married

Great DJ! They helped us customize our ceremony, cocktail hour, and dinner music to reflect our taste and were so helpful and kind throughout the planning. When it came time to get the guests on the dance floor, they really brought it! The dance floor was packed all night and no one wanted to leave! I highly recommend their services!

Services Used: DJ

We used Mike Staff for videography and Dj. Derek, our Dj, was PERFECT! We really wanted to put our own spin on the ceremony and cocktail hour/dinner and he matched our personalities perfectly, as I looked out over our guests everyone was dancing in their seats, including myself. Then the after dinner dancing all I wanted was the dance floor full and that is exactly what I got. Our guests danced all night and Derek read the crowd so well! As for the videographer, he was amazing as well, everyone felt comfortable all day/night and I can't wait to see the final product. If you are looking for the best services I would not recommend anyone other than MIke Staff!!!!!

Kent & Brittany
Recently Married

Our photographers and videographers were professional, fun, and, from what we've seen so far, did amazing work! We could not have been happier and they made us so comfortable. Our dance floor was ALWAYS packed and our DJ was absolutely perfect. Mike Staff was one of the best choices we could have made for our wedding!

Mike Staff Productions responded with the following comments:

Thanks so much Brittany and Kent! Our crew wanted me to share that you were "AWESOME" to work with! Thanks for sharing your experience with other brides and grooms!

Recently Married

I had Randy for my DJ for my New Years Eve wedding. He did a great job and was a super nice guy to work with. The dance floor was filled the entire night!

Michelle
12/27/2014

Randy (DJ) and Aaron (Videographer) of MSP did a fantastic job at our wedding! They helped keep everything organized and stress free. The party was a big success! I definitely recommend MSP to future brides and grooms.

Recently Married

We worked with Chris sowa as our dj and mc for our wedding reception and he was phenomenal!! Love love loved working with him and he threw us a great party! Lots of people dancing all night and major eye for detail! He really picked up on the cues from our guests as to what to play next. Would DEFINITELY recommend Mike Staff Productions and Chris Sowa as your dj/mc!

1 person found this review helpful

Working with Randy at the beginning was easy and fun! He was friendly, honest and very helpful. I went there to look into DJ and photography but after Randy found out I had found a photographer that I really liked he said go with my gut and if I found one I liked I should go with it. I appreciated that he didnt go into "pushy salesman" mode! After booking our DJ, I sent him a few emails that were always answered asap. Mike Staff was a pricier than other "budget" dj's but my DJ, Steve Miller, pretty much cued my whole wedding reception. I never had to clock watch because he had a copy of my agenda and when it was time to cut the cake, he announced us to the front, when it was time for the dinner blessing, he made the announcement, I mean it was truly AWESOME! He followed my playlist for the ceremony to a tee and the few songs he didnt have in his library - he added. I saw Steve at the beginning of the night and only at the end, which sounds bad, but thats because he did his job so well I had nothing else to do than sit back and enjoy the party!

Recently Married

We used Mike Staff for our photographer, DJ, and videography service. We got a bundle package, which cost a bit more than other vendors in terms of price, but it was well worth it. The whole team (You pick out who you want for each service, after watching a short introduction videos on each person) works together in a way that makes it STRESS FREE for the bride. Our DJ, Josh Baker, was seriously amazing! He was so professional, kind, remembered EVERY little detail I told him, and helped everyone have a great time on our big day! I seriously could not recommend this company more. They are on top of everything and everyone is so friendly and easy to deal with, by far the most accommodating and stress free part of the wedding. When we were originally looking at other vendors, my fiancé was hopeful to sign with someone else in an effort to save some money, but now we are both more than happy we went with Mike Staff!

1 person found this review helpful

Tim Stolkey was our DJ and he did a phenomenal job! He over delivered on all of our expectations and we are still talking about how great the music was at our reception (and so are our guests)! When we first met with Tim he was very thorough and didn't put any pressure on us to make an immediate decision. We were very impressed with everything he presented and were thrilled to choose him as our DJ for our wedding reception. When Tim called the week of our wedding I was a bit anxious about how everything would come together, but he did a great job of talking me through each and every aspect of our wedding reception. During the reception he was present, helpful, and took control. He did a great job of ensuring that all of our guests had a good time (young and old), and most importantly, he made sure that the events were not drawn out & monotonous. We could tell that he genuinely cared about our wedding reception, and for that we are truly grateful! His music selection was outstanding and he definitely made our night memorable! Tim and Mike Staff Productions deserve to be recognized and rewarded for an outstanding performance. Our guests continue to comment about how much fun they had on the dance floor! I encourage anyone looking for a DJ to choose this company, and if you are in the Chicagoland area make sure to connect with Tim so that he can DJ your wedding reception!

Mike Staff Productions responded with the following comments:

You are too kind! Thanks so much for sharing :)

1 person found this review helpful

"Tim with Mike Staff Productions was absolutely fantastic. From the very first meeting, we felt comfortable with him. He makes everyone feel heard and we knew that our preferences and ideas for the wedding music were really being listened to. In addition, because of his years of experience in the business Tim had a lot of his own ideas too, which we were always very grateful for. The wedding ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception went without a hitch and the guests really enjoyed the music and MCing by Tim. In addition to having a great MC voice, Tim is both calm and upbeat- a difficult balance to find sometimes. Tim is also very flexible. At the last minute we threw a curveball at him- letting Tim know that we were going to have a guest surprise performance and that he would have to do the background music for it. Tim happily agreed and did an awesome job on the day. I would recommend Tim and Mike Staff Productions to any bride who is looking for a great MC/DJ who can get your party going with the utmost class and style."

Recently Married

Music was hugely important for my husband and I, and Jade really went above and beyond to deliver the most amazing evening we've ever seen at a wedding. We may be a little biased, but we truly can't think of another DJ who brought the amount of talent, thoughtfulness, personality and crowd-pleasing that Jade did. She took the time to get a sense of our preferences (a challenging mix of blues, jazz and Top 40) and totally nailed it. We are so thankful for Jade and the whole Mike Staff team for making our day so wonderful.

Marie
10/18/2014

I used Mike Staff for all 3 services, best choice I ever made. I had Jim for photography, Daniel for videography and Chuck and Deb as our DJ's. All of them were beyond amazing, I truly could not have asked for better people to be a part of our special day. They were so friendly, accommodating and just made this day perfect. Do yourself a favor use Mike Staff for any of your services snd you would be disappointed! I am so grateful to have had them for our special day everything was perfect!

Mike Staff Productions responded with the following comments:

Thanks for trusting us with your wedding! We LOVE when we can work together to provide DJ, Photo and Video services!

1 person found this review helpful

They were amazing and very cooperative. I had a very small wedding but they made it amazing and I enjoyed it every way. Thanks guys for making my day special! !!!!

Mike Staff Productions responded with the following comments:

Just because you're having less guests doesn't mean you should expect less from your DJ, Photographer and Videographer ;) We're so happy we could help!

Services Used: DJ, Photography, Videography

We used Mike Staff Productions for their DJ Services. We used Tim as our DJ. He was the best DJ ever! We had a large number of guests rave about him and ask what company he is with. A fellow friend hired him for her wedding. Tim worked so well with us. He is so easy going and fun! The dance floor was always packed with my guests and no one wanted to stop dancing! If you are looking for a DJ that guarantees you will dance the night away, you absolutely have to hire Tim! He is amazing!

Christine
10/04/2014

Shaun Piazza was seriously the best dj we could have asked for on our special day. He took all the stress away from us and made sure everything went well. I cannot stop raving about how awesome he was.