Melissa Scrofani Westchester Hair-Stylist

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

I can't thank Melissa enough for making my hair perfect, elegant and making me look the most gorgeous on my wedding day! From the day of the trial, I knew she was the hair stylist I was going to choose. She was able to capture the personal vision I had for my wedding hair style using a mix of styles from the pictures I had at my trial. She has pure talent and is amazing at her craft. On my wedding day she arrived to my parent's house early and brought an assistant with her (I had myself, 8 ladies and 1 Flower Girl getting their hair done that day). Melissa and her assistant were super efficient, professional, thoughtful, and diligent. They catered to the needs and wants of myself, mother-in-law, flower girl, and 7 bridesmaids and achieved the vision each individual woman gave them for their hair perfectly. My bridesmaids and family are still talking about how amazing Melissa was in creating a unique style for each person who got their hair done on my wedding day! Our hair stayed in perfectly all night and we all looked absolutely stunning and flawless. Melissa achieved the elegant, classic hair style I wanted perfectly and even put in my veil for me on my wedding day. She taught my bridesmaids how to put the veil in my hair and take it out appropriately as well. Melissa was professional from start to finish on the wedding day. She made the morning of my wedding stress-free with her calm, genuine personality. She gave me a hair kit for the wedding day which was super special. She exceeded my expectations and went above and beyond to create the most individualized, personal hair style for each person getting their hair done. Melissa is super prompt with email responses and has very reasonable prices for all that she does. I would highly recommend Melissa over any other hair stylist for your wedding. She is a wonderful professional and the BEST at creating the perfect hair style. I am so blessed to have found Melissa. She is the number one hair stylist out there!

Recently Married

Melissa did a wonderful job on my hair and my bridal party.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

I absolutely love Melissa! From the trial to the wedding she was an absolute delight to work with. Very upbeat, happy and full of ideas. She was easygoing and accommodating when I decided to change my hairstyle on the day of my wedding from what we tried at my trial. The end result was perfect. Everyone's hair from my bridesmaids to family members looked amazing.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Very direct but pleasant and professional - no hidden punches

7/7/15
Now I can give a REAL review of Melissa since our wedding was 7/4/15.

She was on time at the hotel, courteous and professional. She did my hair and one bridesmaid's hair. Everyone loved her work. She listened to what I wanted and didn't want and didn't make my head hurt.

I received compliments all day long on my hair and it lasted. No issues on anything (my tiara especially) coming loose or out.

Very pleased!

Kristen
1 Review
Recently Married

Love Melissa's style! Very natural, beautiful, hairstyles. Definitely recommend!

Recently Married

Melissa was great! I was going for a slightly less traditional wedding look for my hair, and she made my vision come to life just beautifully. She listened to my ideas and also offered suggestions on how to make it look the best! Everyone commented on how pretty my hair looked! Thanks, Melissa!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Melissa was crucial to making my wedding day absolutely flawless. She is such a professional. She takes her job extremely seriously and invests a ton of effort into making sure you and your bridal party looks and feels their best. From the first trial I had with Melissa, I felt assured that she was there to work with me until I was happy with my look. She prepared me very well for the big day throughout the planning process and when the wedding day came, it was an absolute breeze. She was early, kept on schedule and made sure everyone was happy. I would recommend Melissa without reservations.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

I can't say enough wonderful things about Melissa. I went for 3 trials because I couldn't decide what I wanted to do for my wedding day hair. Melissa was super patient and extremely knowledgeable..telling me what would work/not work with my hair. My mom, bridesmaids, and I all got our hair done and LOVED our looks not to mention had a great time hanging out all day. Melissa is super attentive and makes sure that everything looks perfect before she leaves. I think one of my bridesmaids took her contact information for her own wedding in October. I would definitely recommend her!

Julia
04/11/2015

Melissa is wonderful! Not only did she style my wedding hair exactly the way I had wanted it (and everything stayed put the entire night!), but she is so sweet, calm and friendly and a true delight to work with. She is prompt, professional, and a very talented stylist and I highly recommend her. Thank you again, Melissa!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

First I will say that Melissa is incredibly talented and extremely knowledgeable about wedding hair. Melissa truly knows her stuff in terms of what will last throughout the day, what will hold while dancing, etc.

I live and work in NYC so coming out for a trial was challenging and Melissa originally insisted that this take place during the week. However, after some back-and-forth, I was able to jump on some availability she had on a Sunday. Melissa gave me the style I wanted and it looked great. For brides who want/wear extensions: Melissa is a pro at this. She helped me pick out the perfect extensions that matched my hair exactly, and even cut them for me to the desired length!

All of this being said, I have to say - Melissa is very blunt and does not come off as the warmest. If this does not matter to you and you only care about how the hair looks, go for it. But it did make a difference in how comfortable I felt emailing with her and on the big day. Even my family and friends commented on this. Maybe we're more sensitive than most, but my other wedding vendors were an absolute joy to work with and just had more...upbeat and approachable personalities.

Planning a wedding can be a very emotional and stressful process, filled with unplanned circumstances along the way. I had a large bridal party - and let's just say they can be pretty opinionated. When some of them decided to change their mind about their hair about a month prior to the wedding, I was not allowed to remove a few girls from the list of bridesmaids getting hair done.

Melissa's contracts are very strict and that is just because she is in demand, but the contract is signed far in advance, things can change, and other vendors were more flexible. Just make sure you communicate this to your bridesmaids well in advance!

Overall, Melissa is awesome at what she does and my hair held up all evening. She will make you feel beautiful, even if she is not the "cheerleader" type!

10/03/2014

I cannot say enough wonderful words to describe how AMAZING & ELEGANT my hair looked on my wedding day. I loved working with Melissa both for the trial and on my wedding day. My hair was truly a one of a kind and Melissa worked extremely hard to make sure every piece of hair was exactly where it needed to be. Furthermore, my mother looked fantastic as well as my bridal party. I was delighted to have no concerns and no stress on my wedding day! I hope to work with Melissa again!!

Arianne
07/26/2014

After booking my wedding venue, Melissa came next! I met Melissa two years prior, when she did my hair for my best friend's wedding. All of us looked so beautiful, so I knew when I got married, I had to find her again! When I went for my hair trial, Melissa was extremely accommodating, and showed me three potential ways that I could wear my hair for my wedding. Melissa also recommended me to Nancy to get my hair highlighted. The highlights looked phenomenal, and it was exactly how I hoped my hair would look! On the day of our wedding, Melissa did hair for me, my mom and 7 bridesmaids. Everyone was thrilled with the way our hair looked! I felt absolutely stunning on my wedding day! And I would highly, highly recommend Melissa to any future bride!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Not originally from westchester Melissa Scrofani was recommended to me by a vendor. I knew Melissa was the one the second I met her. She is very professional and gave great advice for my wedding day hair. I knew I wanted to have my hair down and being that my wedding was in July I was worried about the heat. Melissa did an amazing job making sure my hair would last all day and into the night. She also did an amazing job on my bridesmaids, mother, mother in law, and flower girl. We all looked absolutely beautiful! I would recommend her to every bride that is looking for a reliable wedding hair stylist.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

All I have to say is WOW! Melissa has truly blown me away with her services and entire process. My wedding day hair was beyond gorgeous and nothing shy of perfect. Since our initial consultation, Melissa kept the process stress free, which you know is not easy for any bride! She also did my mother's and bridesmaids hair as well. We were not rushed and done in ample time to start taking pictures. And the best part, it stayed perfect the entire day! I HIGHLY recommend Melissa Scrofani for your wedding or any event - not only is she professional and completely on point with her work, she is the sweetest person ever!

1+ year ago

I cannot thank Melissa Scrofani and her team enough for making our wedding a success. Prior to the wedding day Melissa came to my home and worked magic with my hair. I received so many compliments on my hair at the rehearsal dinner I felt like a beauty queen! A couple of days later her and her team joined us at Hunter Mountain to help my mom, 8 bridesmaids and cousin from out of town create an in-room beauty salon. They moved through each girl with a calm, ease, precision. With different hair types, lengths and preferences, Melissa and her team were able to make everyone happy and beautiful. She is sweet, kind, funny and most of all an expert in her field. I would recommend her to any bride or anyone wanting to look fabulous!

Lauren
06/29/2014

Melissa was wonderful to work with. I was nervous going in to my hair trial for my wedding since I was really undecided about what style I wanted. Melissa reminded me that it was MY choice (not my mom's or sister's or fiance's choice!) and she helped me come up with an amazing look that made me feel beautiful! On the day of my wedding my bridesmaids and I all got ready together and Melissa (and her assistant) listened to all of my friends and gave them great styles! We changed the look just a bit on the day of the wedding and I could not have been happier. Melissa was flexible and helpful and I really appreciated that - especially when I was getting nervous/emotional. I would definitely recommend Melissa to anyone in the area!