Melissa Coe Ceremonies

Value
Flexibility
Brenna
12/12/2014

I don't really even know where to begin. Melissa is so much more than an officiant. She held our hands through family craziness. Her warmth, kindness, & witty sense of humor kept us sane. She took the story of our love and turned in into the most beautifully written ceremony, reading it still brings both of us to tears. What more could a bride want? Choosing Melissa as our officiant was the BEST decision we made while planning our wedding.

Melissa Coe Ceremonies responded with the following comments:

Brenna and Dave are so delightful, separately and together and the ceremony they envisioned was all encompassing of the love they shared as well as for their families. It was a stunning day on the Oregon coast in DECEMBER and the waves, mountains and weather in Neskowin cooperated to celebrate their love THEIR WAY and it was my delight and true pleasure to help them do just that.

Brian
10/05/2014

Melissa Coe is enthusiastic about her work -- her energy never fades. She helped us write a memorable ceremony that everyone loved. Throughout the process, she was assertive but comforting. Melissa was always available to work through questions or ideas. She’s a natural performer, engaging with guests warmly and earnestly. I highly recommend her.

Melissa Coe Ceremonies responded with the following comments:

Brian and Rene are generous and lovely and I was THRILLED to help them celebrate their love story and commitment! I adored the heart they put into their ceremony, their willingness to be both brave and tender at the same time while sharing their love with their family and friends from both the East and West coasts.
They are a very special, loving couple and it was my absolute honor and delight to be the one making their love “official”!

jason
09/20/2014

this lady will not only make your special day one to remember and exactly how you personally see it happening in your dreams but she includes all your guests in the event and ceremony and this changes everything and makes for the most moving shared experience.

Melissa Coe Ceremonies responded with the following comments:

Jason and Ronnie are such sweethearts - completely smitten with each other from their very first meeting to their wedding day and beyond! What an absolute JOY to celebrate their love for each other with the VERY enthusiastic approval and participation of all of those gathered while video sharing their ceremony with their families in Wales. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!

Private User
09/13/2014

Melissa was the perfect choice to officiate our wedding! We received endless compliments on the ceremony and her chemistry with the crowd. Everyone from my grandmothers to my college friends told me how much they loved the story, how personal it was and how they "never cry at weddings, but did at this one" :) It was truly tailor-made for my husband and I, and I could not be happier we met Melissa and hit it off. I would absolutely recommend her services!

Melissa Coe Ceremonies responded with the following comments:

N and A are a wonderful couple, committed to a lifetime of loving each other. It was a beautiful day full of making memories while remembering those who could not be there either because of distance or who had passed. A particularly tender moment was their Ring Blessing when it was noted that..."his wedding band has special significance because it contains her grandfather’s wedding ring who is definitely here today in spirit and will always be remembered in this symbol, providing a firm foundation for their commitment to each other. Her grandfather was married to the love of his life for over 60 years and his ring will now be part of another love story." It was such an honor and delight for me to be part of their wedding day!

Private User
09/12/2014

Melissa was warm, engaged, enthusiastic and super knowledgeable. She helped us select our vows while encouraging us to modify and add to them truly making them our own. Her graciousness and kindness on our special day will never be forgotten!

If we could give her a 6-star rating - we would!

Melissa Coe Ceremonies responded with the following comments:

These two ladies are so warm, loving, committed and JOYOUS in every way! I adored celebrating their marriage with them and their family members, excited to see their happiness and thrilled that I had the honor of pronouncing them "well and truly married!"

Susie
09/07/2014

Full disclosure - I am a Celebrant, and like Melissa Coe, create and Officiate wedding ceremonies. But the one thing I could not do .... be the Officiate at my own wedding last September!

Melissa Coe was the first choice for our Wedding Officiant, and happily, she was available! Her multitude of talents and experience helped make our wedding so touching and memorable. Because my husband and I were active partners in the creation process, and worked with Melissa to include ceremony elements that were meaningful to us, our wedding was truly OUR wedding. She offered great suggestions throughout the planning process. We are still hearing from guests that it was the best and most personal wedding they had ever attended. I give Melissa the well-deserved credit here because her creation and delivery of the ceremony was perfect. She is an excellent writer and our love story, which she delightfully wove into the ceremony, was a sweetly balanced mix of emotion and humor. Melissa is also a natural storyteller; the beautifully timed pauses and voice inflections kept the ceremony moving smoothly, our guests attentive and my husband and I smiling.

I also learned a monumental lesson from being THE BRIDE on the other side of the ceremony! Choosing Melissa as our Officiant was key, and because my husband and I helped create the ceremony and had given our final approval days before our wedding, we knew exactly how our ceremony would be officiated. No unwelcomed sidebar comments. And to my complete surprise, this really allowed the two of us to relax ....and be fully present with each other during the ceremony, and especially during our personal vows. Quite a gift for this somewhat harried DIY-er, list-driven, but deliriously happy bride.

Really, every couple has a different vision of "their perfect wedding." Melissa Coe was a great choice to Officiate our perfect wedding.

Melissa Coe Ceremonies responded with the following comments:

Susie and John are two people who just make you smile with happiness whenever you see them. Their joy, fun and delight in each other just spill over into everything they do, especially when they are together. What a compliment (& PRESSURE, LOL!) to be asked to officiate another Celebrant professional's wedding!!! And what satisfaction to see, feel and hear the unmistakable excitement of everyone there who were so, so THRILLED to see them get married! And I LOVED that they included 5 children from the neighborhood AND 4 of their grandchildren! Such a special, special wedding!

Services Used: Officiant

Melissa Coe is a professional, spend the money. She’s worth every penny and then some. In fact, I’d use Melissa for any family occasion requiring a celebrant also known as a wise, kind woman to bring people together. Her ability to capture my husband’s & my relationship in a ceremony that fit our personalities and blended spiritual beliefs was wonderful. Our families had a role in the ceremony, which was so special. I can’t imagine what our wedding day would have looked like without her there. The best part was the meetings before the wedding, the questionnaires and the editing—she was with us all the way and the process honestly made me feel ready and excited for our ceremony. Trust her process and you'll be glad you did when you have a smooth, happy day. Thank you Melissa for being a part of our special day!

Melissa Coe Ceremonies responded with the following comments:

Liz and John were sooooo much fun to work with. Besides the fact that they are crazy in love with each other, they also had an amazing love story (which included a Super Bowl Party and ceviche). And they loved knowing that EVERYTHING they wanted included in their custom wedding ceremony should, would and could be done -their wishes were my command and absolute pleasure!!!

Thomas
08/31/2014

As the groom I knew exactly who the boss was during the wedding planning process. My wife-to-be lived in Seattle and gave me one seemingly simple task…. find an officiant. After several underwhelming meetings with prospects I felt discouraged by the entire situation. I told my fiancée that it felt like the potential officiants were going to present the same wedding we have always been to. It just didn’t feel right hiring one of them for a day I that I couldn’t be more excited for.

Through a referral I met Melissa Coe and everything changed. Her enthusiasm for the wedding was just what I wanted to hear. I knew I was sold after we met for the first time. Melissa went above and beyond with the planning process. She was extremely organized, excited, and kept us on track throughout the months and weeks leading to the wedding. Every detail was on paper and thought of prior to the wedding. Melissa meet with us numerous times to capture every detail.

The best part was that this wasn’t your typical wedding. Everyone in attendance had a chance to experience our love, the college years, the first time we met, and many important moments. Melissa presented “The Cloutier’s” with a touch of humor and class. Her look & presentation appealed to everyone in the crowd, from grandparents to high school friends. I cannot tell you how many people came up after the wedding complimented how unique and wonderful “our love story” was.

Melissa continues to keep in touch with us. She truly cares about my wife and I. On your big day Melissa Coe is the perfect choice.

Sincerely,

Thomas Cloutier
Married by Melissa Coe on August 31, 2014

Services Used: Officiant

Working with Melissa was a wonderful experience. She is patient, kind, flexible, funny and a great person. Our ceremony was lovely and true to who we are because she took the time to listen and come up with creative ideas. Many people have told me that our wedding ceremony was truly the most heartfelt ceremony they've ever attended :)

Melissa Coe Ceremonies responded with the following comments:

Andrea and Jeff are such a deeply loving, unique, intelligent and wonderful couple from different backgrounds and countries, who found each other (randomly!) at an Oregon Hash House Harriers run!!! It was soooooooo much fun to write their Love Story and to work with them!

Services Used: Officiant

Mellisa Coe did our ceremony for our wedding and she was fabulous! We had a friend whom she married and we liked it so much we asked her to do ours. Though we did not know each other before hiring her, she was able to piece our story together making it seem as though we had known her for years. This really gave the audience a sense of our relationship and made it that much more intimate. She weaved together humor and sincerity and did a fantastic job of highlighting the importance of our day without being cheesy. We had people tell us over and over how great a job she did for us and we could not have been happier. She was a cinch to work with despite our own hectic work schedules, meeting us whenever and wherever to go over important details. On the day of, we didn't have to do anything but be in the moment. Highly recommended!

Melissa Coe Ceremonies responded with the following comments:

Both J & J are very busy doctors with CRAZY medical schedules who bought a house while also planning their wedding - each of those things would make most people exhausted! But it was their great and deep love for each other that carried them through - and that's what they wanted everyone to see and know on their wedding day. What an absolute pleasure and honor it was to write their story, witness everyone's happiness to see them get married, greet their friends (many of whom I had met three years earlier at J & A's wedding), celebrate them AND to see Jason's grandmother Betty as their FLOWER GIRL (she said she had never been one before)! PRICELESS. What a great day, what a fabulous couple!!!

Lori
07/13/2014

Melissa was such a joy to work with. She is a wonderful person, a consumate professional and was instantly a member of our family. My wedding was a complete success, thanks to Melissa. I asked her to create a ceremony that was unique and celebrated the love between myself and my new husband. The guests stated that "they just basked in the love" between us. One other stated that she "enjoyed the journey of our love". I could not have been happier. Dreams of the perfect wedding do come true and it was the people, and especially Melissa, which made this one so special. Please call her and just meet her for your Celebrant needs. I hope you'll love her as much as we do.

Melissa Coe Ceremonies responded with the following comments:

Lori and John are such originals!!! Working with them was such a delightful, loving and creative process. From incorporating different elements from their family traditions to their wonderful love story - their approach to their wedding ceremony was fresh, outside the box and totally unique, just like the two of them. I adore Lori and John!!!

Steve
07/12/2014

Melissa Coe was our officiant for our wedding on July 12, 2014. She was a delight from the first time we met her. She took the time to get to know us and craft a ceremony that was unique to us and very personable. She was professional, knowledgeable and paid great attention to detail. She always responded right away whenever we had questions and made us feel very comfortable. It was always about us and the ceremony with Melissa and we felt she was very sincere with her sentiment. We had several people tell us it was the most beautiful ceremony they had ever witnessed. I can't say enough about Melissa except that we would recommend her without reservation to officiate your wedding!

Melissa Coe Ceremonies responded with the following comments:

Steve and Anthony were amazing as well. From their love story and vows to the way they included all of their family and friends, their ceremony reflected them and their great love for each other - their joy was positively contagious! What a FABULOUS couple - it was an honor for me to help them celebrate their day!

DBrohoski
07/04/2014

Melissa was amazing as our officient. She made preparation as easy as she could while getting what she needed to create the most special service I've ever been to (not to mention that it was my wedding:). We had a small gathering of 45 people who were all family members or life time friends. She had everyone in the audience laughing, crying, excited, happy - you name it - she brought out the whole range of emotions and made everyone feel like they were engaged in a very, very special ceremony. I personally heard compliments from at least half a dozen people on my wedding day of what a great Officient she is, and one of my friends who is getting married wanted her contact information for their wedding. I would highly recommend Melissa Coe to anyone!!

Melissa Coe Ceremonies responded with the following comments:

It's always such a delight to help a couple like Denise and Mike celebrate their wedding. Their love story was wonderful and touching, their joy that they were getting married to the love of their life was infectious and everyone there was thrilled that they had found each other! It was a WONDERFUL day!!!

Sara
06/22/2014

Melissa was wonderful to work with from our first e-mail through announcing us as husband and wife. She was professional, friendly, open, full of great ideas, and by far the best investment we made in our wedding day. She really took the time to get to know us and guided us in creating a ceremony that was truly personal and "us", one that our family and friends are still commenting on. We even had one guest tell us they wished they had found Melissa before they got married a few years ago! Ultimately, the ceremony is the most important part of your wedding day, and with Melissa we got everything we wanted and more than we ever hoped for.

Melissa Coe Ceremonies responded with the following comments:

Sara and Dan were truly reflective of the kind of couples I LOVE to work with - personable, unique, sure of what they liked (or not) with a great sense of humor and TOTALLY IN LOVE, eyes and hearts wide open! They knew that their ceremony would set the tone for their entire wedding celebration and give their marriage a great start so they did it right - their way! It was an absolute pleasure to work with them!!!

Services Used: Officiant

We first came to Melissa with a strange but fantastic idea: to weave into our small and intimate same-sex wedding ceremony an Indochine cooking class that captured and reflected our individual cultural heritages and consummated into our new transcultural heritage together. As we conveyed our vision to Melissa, her eyes widened and pupils dilated—likely due to all the endorphins bursting with excitement in her brain—as ideas of our wedding began to vividly materialize, unfurl, and coalesce in her ingenious mind. // Upon meeting her, our fears and anxiety allayed immediately. We felt resolved and knew deep we could entrust Melissa to craft us a bespoke wedding ceremony and be ensured our guests had active roles in its unorthodoxy. Even through countless exchanges of ceremony drafts with follow-up phone calls and video chats, Melissa was always patient, kind, and adaptive. She even helped us coordinate/approve our venue because we lived across the country. In short, generosity describes her. // As with an unconventional wedding ceremony, woven in between periods that required guests to roll up their sleeves, drink wine, share stories, cook, eat, and share more stories, our wedding was long. Despite its lengthiness, we, our guests, the chef and her assistant, and the photographer could not stop from being enraptured by her genuine love, compassion, candor, wit, and gaiety throughout. And because our friends in attendance were spontaneously-inclined, she remained accommodating and curiously engaging. This genuineness of hers carried through until… has it ended? I don’t think it has. // Now, months after our wedding, Melissa continues to check-in and provide us with support in our union together, much like family. Thank you Melissa for creating and sharing in our wonderfully nostalgic memories from our wedding. // = new paragraph

Melissa Coe Ceremonies responded with the following comments:

I am both overwhelmed and humbled by the generosity of words and spirit that Colin and Ritesh have presented here. They are truly two of the most amazing, sweet, authentic and TOTALLY in-love individuals that I've ever had the pleasure to meet! Their creativity, intentions (in their cultures it is traditional for the families to cook the wedding feast. In the absence of much of their cradle family, we - their guests - became their family as we prepared the meal) and obvious delight over getting legally married was pure euphoria for everyone. I LOVE creating ceremonies which perfectly "fit" the couple, showcasing their love and lives together and Colin and Ritesh allowed me to do just that! Pure JOY!!!

Melanie
02/15/2014

Melissa is low fuss, open, helpful and flexible while also being amazingly joyful, generous and celebratory. Highly recommend her.