Melanie Jones Beauty
"Creating timeless blushing beauties"
D.C. - Atlanta

Value:
Flexibility:

Sort By:

Ashli 4 Reviews
Melanie jones did a great job on my bridal make-up. I felt really beautiful and all of my photos looked great. The pre-wedding consult was great to get an idea of what I liked but she blew me away. She made me look gorgeous! She was also on time and very considerate of my time and schedule for my wedding. Would definitely reccomend her.
Wedding: 09/02/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Melanie did a wonderful job on my make-up for my engagement photos and for my wedding! I was pleased both times!!! She is an excellent artist and my bridesmaids looked beautiful as well. I honestly wish I could have my make up done all the time because she makes you look and feel like a princess. She is very professional and personable. I was always seek her services for any events that I need to look stunning!
Wedding: 08/25/2012

Tonya 1 Reviews
I absolutely LOVED working with Melanie!!! We had a great consultation and the wedding day finished product was flawless! She was communicative, punctual, very personable, and on point with the makeup. If I could, I would have her around daily!! :-)
Wedding: 08/25/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My make-up was flawless on my wedding day thanks to Melanie but yet I still looked liked myself. I contracted Melanie late in my wedding planning process because I originally contracted with Leoloni Cooper who cancelled our arrangement several weeks before my wedding. I was so stressed out because of this, but little did I know, that was a blessing in disguise because it lead me to Melanie!! Melanie was professional, responsive, friendly and an overall joy to work with.

On the wedding day, she arrived a few minutes later than i expected and that is only because of the bad traffic surrounding my wedding site due to an accident. However, she communicated with me continuously about her whereabouts via texts which calmed my nerves greatly. She arrived and got to work on my face, and to my suprise, she airbrushed my face, instead of using the brush technique, which gave me a flawless finish. When I looked in the mirror for the first time after she finished, I just cried! I still looked like myself but it was just a glamorous me. My mother said that I looked like a "Basketball Wife". lol

I know for a fact that I will be working with her in the future and recommending everyone I know to use her services. Thank you Melanie!
Wedding: 08/04/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I went through several sites looking for a make-up artist for my wedding when i found Melanie. I saw some of her photos and was very impressed with her work. I was so elated when she was free for my wedding date. Due to time constraints I did not get the consultation prior to the wedding so it was sort of a blind faith. Melanie Delivered!!!!! I really don't wear make-up, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I got SOO many compliments on my wedding day about how pretty I looked. Melanie was on time, very professional, and she came prepared! I think she had every shade a person could possibly be! She worked quickly and intently and the final result did not disappoint! I looked amazing!! I definitely recommend Melanie Jones Beauty and will be using her again for my cosmetic needs.
Wedding: 07/22/2012

k 1 Reviews
MJ Beauty is the absolute best! They enhanced the best features on my face, and those of all my bridesmaids and mother! Everyone felt gorgeous and had a look that was tailored to them. A true artist! So happy on the results. I couldn't get over how awesome the colors used looked and complimented to the whole vision that I was going for. A transformation, yet...still me :) AWESOME!
Wedding: 07/07/2012

Anonymous 9 Reviews
Excellent work and was very prompt.....I really enjoyed her makeup expertise and was very happy with her services.....:-)
Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Melanie was amazing! She provided makeup services for my wedding. She only did my face and she was well worth every penny! She was on time, and responsive. Before the wedding, she gave me a consultation and even came to my house to give me an idea of what my makeup would look like the day of. She is very talented at what she does, doing makeup to her is almost like second nature. I plan on definitely using her again if I have another special event. If you choose Melanie, you definitely will not regret your decision.
Wedding: 06/23/2012

Shadawn... 1 Reviews
Stunning, gorgeous, beautiful, elegant, flawless... Those were just a few of the compliments I received. Two of my favorites were, "You look like a real life barbie doll" and "You should be on the cover of a magazine."

I mentioned to Melanie that I have never had my make up done before, like how she did it. And she asked if I wanted to change anything. I quickly responed to her no!!! I love it, its beautiful, I feel like I'm a model. The funny thing was, I still had rollers in my hair. My face was that amazing!!!

She was very professional, courteous and fast. My wedding reception was outside and I have naturally oily skin. The make up withstood all elements and amazingly enough - my face never looked oily. Melanie Jones' make up artistry was done to absolute perfection.
Wedding: 06/09/2012

Nakia 1 Reviews
For my best friend's wedding, we selected a different make up artist months before the event. Because of unforeseen circumstances, two weeks before the wedding we were unable to use her. I found Melanie after a mutual friend "liked" one of her pictures on Facebook. I instantly fell in love with her artistry after viewing her portfolio and I knew immediately she would be perfect to do the make up for my best friend Shadawn (The Bride), myself and the Bride's 16th year old daughter. Melanie was very responsive and professional on the phone and emails which made the last minute booking painless and stress-free. Upon meeting her on the actual wedding day, her personality made us feel comfortable and not the slightest bit of concern about not having a pre-wedding consultation. The work she preformed on the bride can only be described as GORGEOUS! Shadawn is already beautiful but the artistry of Melanie transformed her into a real life Barbie doll. For Trinity, being 16 years old the make up was age appropriate and flawless. As for me, I have very oily skin and for the first time ever I didn't have any visible shine and for that alone I was in awe and highly impressed. Depending on her schedule I will always look to use Melanie personally and will recommend her to any and everyone I know in need of a professional and all around awesome make up artist. Thank you again for coming through for us!!!
Wedding: 06/09/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Melanie was very responsive and flexible! I set up my consultation a few months before my wedding date to be done at my sister's house. We discussed what "look" I was going for. As a women who rarely wears make-up...I really had no clue. So I began to explain how I felt about husband to be and how I saw our day unfolding. I was a stress free kind of bride and liked to keep things very simple but classy. She heard my thoughts and made it come to life...like a painting. I loved the outcome of the consultation. My 6 year old neice said "Auntie...Your look POPULAR!" HAHA Only hot, popular girls get all dolled up. I loved it!
Truly there are no words that I could say to express how beautiful I felt on my wedding day. Melanie created a look for me the was cohesive to our theme...Simple Elegance. Queen! She is very passionate about her craft and it shows through her ability to capture and enhance each woman's unique features. Fabulous! I highly reccomend!
Wedding: 04/28/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Melanie was awesome!! She came to my house to do my consultation where she did my full make-up based on exactly what I asked for. I wanted makeup to last the duration of my wedding but I didn't want to look "made up". She showed up early on the day of my wedding andmy face was flawless! I had a few stres break-outs the week of my wedding on my back and chest and Melanie even airbrushed these areas to cover the redness and marks left from the break out. If I ever need a make up artist again i will def. be contacting MJ Beauty!!
Wedding: 04/21/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I was very very pleased with the services I received from Miss Jones. She came on time even though she wasn't feeling her best, she did an awesome job on all my girls (even my 13 year old looked beautiful and still looked 13), she actually was ahead of schedule (so much so she was waiting on us), and she was very patient with everyone. I truly enjoyed the experience and I appreciated her just making my day special. She actually stayed the whole time until I left for pictures and I couldn't have asked for a better makeup experience. So if beautiful is how you want to look, professionalism is important to you, and a flawless face is on the top of your list, then you have hit a home run by choosing Miss Melanie Jones.
Wedding: 11/12/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Melanie Jones of MJ Beauty is the absolute BEST. My make-up for our wedding day was absolutely flawless. I wanted a look that was not overbearing but enhancing. I wanted my groom to look at me and see his beautiful bride and not an overly made face. Melanie accomplished just that. It was also just enough make-up for beautiful pictures. Melanie not only applied my make-up, but the make-up of my bridesmaids and mom. They were so beautiful. I greatly appreciate Melanie's expertise, flexibility and calming nature. If you want a true professional with immense talent, then MJ Beauty is the way to go.
Wedding: 10/08/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I got married on October 1, 2011 and didn't have a make-up artist a month before my wedding. I contacted Melanie to inquiry about her services and availability to meet. She was very responsive and we were able to schedule a consultation prior to the wedding. I received so many compliments on my "consultation make-up" that I knew Melanie was the make-up artist for me. She transformed me and my bridal party from beautiful to gorgeous!!! I have to say there is not one wedding picture where I can say my make-up doesn't look good. All of my pictures turned out beautiful thanks to Melanie.

Melanie is a true professional and a joy to work with. I would definitely (and have) recommend her services to a friend.
Wedding: 10/01/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
It was such a relief when I found out 2 weeks prior to my wedding that Melanie was available to do makeup for my bridesmaids and I! She was very down to earth and understood the look I wanted to achieve for my big day. EVERYONE was talking about how good my makeup looked. It wasn't too dramatic and it wasn't understated. It fit me well as I don't wear makeup on a day to day basis and it lasted ALL day. My bridesmaids loved their eye makeup also. She did such an amazing job and was well worth the money. I would definitely use her again for another big event and recommend her to future brides or anyone looking for a true makeup artist to enhance their look.
Wedding: 10/01/2011
 202-344-7339
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire