McMenamins Edgefield

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
4.3

Couldn't have gone better. Cynthia was great! Service was great! Definitely recommend it. Especially if you're on a budget. Quality of food and drinks well worth it and for me (bride) I didn't have to worry about setting up and breaking down. Just showed up and had fun:)

Molly&Averyl
09/08/2014

Great price for an all-inclusive package. We had our wedding on a Monday, so it would be cheaper and ended up paying roughly $5,000 for the venue, food, drinks, and set up. So happy with our decision. Our families and friends all loved staying at the hotel. The soaking pool is amazing. Most importantly, our event coordinator from Edgefield was always easy to reach, a calming/realistic presence during the whole planning of our wedding, and all around a big help in making our wedding perfect. We 100% recommend this venue!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had both our ceremony and reception in the Administrator's House yard at Edgefield.
It is such a beautiful and intimate space and was the perfect size for our 60 guest wedding. Having the entire house to ourselves was fantastic and provided us with fantastic privacy.
The food was wonderful- we had a vegetarian pasta buffet. Having all of the tables and chairs already set up, and torn down at the end of the night saved us so much time and effort.
Mandy and her team are so awesome and flexible and I can't thank them enough for making our day so great.
Plus, it was an amazing value and helped us have our dream wedding for our not-so dream budget.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Recently Married

I just want to do it again! Our wedding was amazing, it would not have been the same anywhere else. Our coordinator, Mandy, was endlessly helpful (and I was not an easy bride to please). Thank you, to the end of our days, for making the most special day of our life also one of the most enjoyable!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

McMenamin's has been a favorite family location for many years. We were so pleased that they could accommodate our daughter's wedding reception. The staff, buffet meal, venue, etc were all fantastic. The grounds and entertainment were a bonus for our party. Fun and fantastic!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Edgefield was a perfect place for our rehearsal dinner. We were given the ballroom on the second floor which had plenty of space for all of our guests. The food was delicious, great bar services, and the set up of tables was great!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We had an outstanding time at the Edgefield. Larissa was a great guide, helping all along the way and working well with our various vendors. The space is fantastic, just the right size, gorgeous and fun. Our guests loved the food and drink, the service and their time. Thanks for wonderful wedding!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We stayed here the night of our wedding, after having our venue at the roadhouse location . Edgefield staff were wonderful, grounds are beautiful.Our favorite part was the unique rooms and the gorgeous soaking pool.-Jeff and JeannineTurner

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Recently Married

My husband and I worked with Mandy to plan our wedding/reception in The Attic. She was fabulous. I know that she's busy and Edgefield hosts a TON of weddings, but she was professional, patient, and personal. They "have it down."

The Attic is a small space, but for our wedding of 85, it was perfect. I can imagine it would feel pretty cozy with the 100 max they indicate. We chose to have the ceremony and then allow for an hour set-up break. An hour seemed like a lot of time to move chairs, but my guests went with it.

We had 15 people stay at Edgefield, and the only complaint was the noise. So, make sure you warn out-of-town guests that it's not your "standard" hotel.

If you are looking for a reasonably priced, quaint venue for a smallish wedding, I highly recommend The Attic-or any of the Edgefield venues. Our wedding was perfect.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Edgefeild was easy to work with, and a great location since there is so much to do on the property. We booked off season on a Friday, which is a deal, but Edgefeild is already a deal even if this wasn't the case. In house catering, cake, most all the other services you need, chairs, tables, linens etc, some AV, etc. You need to rent very little, we didn't have to do anything. We did get cupcakes, not a cake. The in house bakery doesn't do wedding tiered cakes. If that's your thing, you can bring in a vendor. The cupcakes and the food got rave comments from our guests and everyone had so much fun on the site. It was really relaxing for my husband and I as well. We wanted a low stress wedding and we got it. The grounds are beautiful. We loved it! Since we were off season, we were glad to have picked an indoor venue on the property since Oregon weather is capricious this time of year, but the raid stayed away long enough for outdoor pictures. Staff was all awesome, professional and easy to work with.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We traveled from PA to OR, bringing friends and family with us to celebrate our special day, and everything was perfect! Everyone enjoyed the food, drinks, and service. Edgefield is very unique, theres nothing like it on the east coast.
I would recommend Mcmenamins to anyone having a special event, we had complete control over every decision in our wedding planning, and the staff at Edgefield was very friendly and accomodating.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I can't thank McMenamins enough for our AWESOME day! We were able to meet with Larissa prior to the wedding to hash out all the details and everything worked out great. I had about 125 guests and ALL of them said, "This is the coolest venue we've ever been to" We had family and friends come from all over, so it was great that they could stay at a place for the whole weekend and were never bored (even just looking at the walls is an outing!) I am NEVER getting married again, but I wouldn't hesitate to do it all over (the venue- not the planning) haha! I can't say enough about how happy I am about how everything turned out!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
1+ year ago

Easy to work with! Fun venue! I loved having the spa on site as well. Dream come true!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The venue was beautiful and fit the personality of my daughter and her new husband. The staff was helpful and worked hard to make the event go smooth. Everything was in order - just as it should be and I didn't have to think about anything but enjoying the wedding and reception.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Blackberry Meadow and Hall at Edgefield are beautiful spaces that are well maintained. The staff at Edgefield are helpful when determining menu and quantity. You don't need to order as much as you think - we had plenty of food. It is delicious. BBQ chicken doesn't present so well.
There is a fair amount of flexibility in how you want to set up the spaces, so if you want to do something, feel free to ask as they may be able to accommodate. We were able to do more customization than I expected (within reason of course). The staff who worked our event were awesome and very helpful.
Our guests enjoyed our ceremony and reception and I believe that is in part due to the professionalism of the staff we hired to work our event and the staff at Edgefield.
Ruby's Spa was a great place for me and my bridal party to get hair, makeup, nails done. We all looked great!
Overall, I do wish Edgefield catered a bit more to wedding parties although they do more than they informed us they would do - we had a bottle of bubbly waiting in our room. Did not expect that!

Services Used: Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
1+ year ago

Our contact Mandy was terrific. She made the planning so easy - with great options, suggestions and overall responsiveness. I never did feel like all Edgefield was looking for was more billing - I felt they really cared about our event, and our guests. Mandy had great suggestions for menu, how to handle happy hour, and was great on helping price our bar minimum. She was right on!