McEntyre's Bakery

Value
Flexibility
Brittany
05/23/2015

I will definitely recommend McEntyre's to any bride that I know. The cake was not only gorgeous but was very tasty. My guests were raving all night about it. I had the yellow cake with cream cheese icing and had them use the strawberry cream cheese icing as a filing between the layers. It was delicious!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

The best wedding cake ever!! Very Yummy!

Recently Married

Miranda at McEntyre's did a phenomenal job and ensured we had everything we needed along with helpful cost savings options to ensure we did not spend unnecessarily. They have provided bakery needs for my wedding as well as standard events ie birthday, shower etc and I definitely consider them my family bakery!

Recently Married

Working with McEntyre's for our THREE wedding cakes was fantastic. From the tasting to the day of the event, they were very helpful and really made us feel like family along the way. The cake choices (and taste, of course) were excellent and above our expectation. We can't wait to get into some leftover cake from the event!!!

Recently Married

The cakes we ordered were delicious and beautiful! Service was also top notch! The only negative I have is that they don't deliver on Sundays, which was somewhat difficult to work around. Everything else was outstanding!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Yum, yum, yum. Not only did our cake look beautiful, it tasted amazing as well which was really important to me. I didn't want our guests to be disappointed once it was served and I don't think anyone was. Their tasting was such a fun process. I mean who wouldn't want to try all their delicious flavors. We even left with a box of goodies after our tasting. Our venue supposedly served all the cake at our reception, so we didn't get to eat any besides the little we fed each other, but my parents loved the cake so much that my dad had a birthday cake made with the flavors we chose for my mom!

Mandy
11/09/2013

As others have stated, the price is great here. Even with a delivery fee, they are much less than most in the city for extremely delicious cakes! Their traditional almond pound cake with the buttercream was exactly what I wanted. The only snag I really had was that we discussed pictures upon booking them as well. I also touched base the week of the wedding with pictures again of how I wanted our monogram done on the cake. They said we were all set, and then the cake wasn't as I had asked for with that design. It still looked very nice overall, but I just really wanted that specific feature.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

McEntyre's Bakery in Smyrna created our amazing wedding and groom's cake for our wedding. Our wedding cake was a simple three tier almond pound cake with buttercream icing. The cake turned out beautifully, just as I had requested and it was delicious. They also did our groom's cake, which my husband is still raving about. We took them a picture of the mascot from my husband's alma mater and the cake was even Bette than we could have imagined...it was perfect. The staff at this bakery are kind and professional. My family has been using them for years and will continue to. You should definitely give McEntyre's a try! You won't be disappointed!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

The cake was exactly what I had in mind. It was executed effortlessly and everyone enjoyed the flavors of the Wedding cake and the chocolate grooms cake. They are very organized and professional every step of the way.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

If you have a wedding on Sunday they don't deliver on Sunday so know that first. However, very affordable and good! The cake tasted delicious and looked fantastic. While I could have paid $600 or &700 for our wedding cake we only paid $350 for 125 guest!!!! I def would go here again!

2+ years ago
4.7

Pricing was very straightforward. The cake was gorgeous and delicious.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

McEntyre's was very helpful when selecting a cake, and everyone we talked to was friendly and professional. When we wanted to change the color a few months later, we had difficultly reaching someone that could assist. However, the cake was beautiful and tasted great. The cake was also delivered on time the day of. I would use this bakery again.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Miranda at McEntyre's is so wonderful to work with! Our wedding cake was absolutely delicious, gorgeous and people are still talking about it! We also wanted something fun and different for our groom's cake, so we opted for a rice krispies treat cake, drizzled in chocolate - it was not only fun and great looking, it tasted amazing. Actually the rice krispies were still delicious when we returned home from our honeymoon after only being wrapped in some saran wrap! Delivery happened when and as promised, no issues with the cake at all. The gumpaste flowers that I purchased online and brought to the bakery were placed beautifully with no issues what so ever. I have used McEntyre's Bakery for other needs, and they will continue to be our family bakery!

In one word: YUM!!

Okay, let me get to the feedback that people may find helpful. McEntyre's Bakery is located near my office, and I found out about them when my boss brought in some of their yummy donuts for a breakfast meeting one morning (and yes, I do joke with my boss that it's all her fault I know about this place and had to watch what I ate before the wedding!). So, I was already about 90% certain I was going with McEntyre's before I even checked out other places.

When we went in for the cake tasting, we met with Ryan, who is one of the owners. He had a slew of cake samples for us to try, and they were all amazing. He gave us suggestions and recommendations on what would work well based on the style of cake that we wanted, flavor combinations, money-saving tips, and so on. In the end, we went with a 4-tier cake. The two top tiers were real, the 2 bottom were fake, and we had sheet cakes in the back that saved us a TON of money. At the end of the tasting, he asked us if we wanted some more cupcakes as samples to take home, since I didn't ask to try all of their flavors at the tasting. I was expecting 1-2 items, but he sent us home with a dozen cupcakes loaded in a box! (This eventually provided the inspiration for the groom's cake.)

On the wedding day, the cake arrived at the perfect time and in perfect condition exactly as I wanted. We had decided on their traditional vanilla pound cake with raspberry filling and homemade cream cheese frosting, and their amazing red velvet cake. The cake tasted AMAZING, and I cannot wait to have our top tier on our anniversary.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I ordered an assortment of pies from McEntyre's Bakery for my wedding and they turned out absolutely amazing. I ordered over 20 pies and they were very helpful each time I had questions. Everyone loved the pie idea for the wedding and there weren't any left at the end of the night. They were delicious!

Elizabeth
09/22/2012

YUMMMM!!! McEntyre's Bakery was the perfect bakery for our wedding cake needs!

We had a fairly limited budget when it came to our wedding cake, and McEntyre's accomodated us to the penny! Our tasting was amazing - they gave us lots of choices and combinations to try, and ultimately we decided on orange marble poundcake with cream cheese icing - and it was absolutely delicious! Our guests loved the unique and fresh flavor!

McEntyre's created a "faux cake" for us - we chose a three-tier cake to serve around 100 guests (we only had 88 in the end). So the bottom two tiers were actually styrofoam and the top tier was our "cake cutting" tier so we could still have our spotlight moment. Then, they sent sheetcake, also decorated with cream cheese icing to look like the fancy cake, to cut in the kitchen and then bring out to our guests. No one could ever tell the difference, and this option saved us over $100 on our costs! Amazing! It's the only bakery I've heard of in Atlanta to offer this great cost-saver! They delivered the cake on time, and it was beautiful!

Couldn't be happier with McEntyre's - can't wait to order a mini cake for our anniversary!!!