Mayfair Bridal

Value:
Flexibility:

Sort By:

dculwell 1 Reviews
Mayfair bridal saved my life. I was having a copy of a Maggie stattero dress made and 18 days before we left for our destination wedding the lady tells me she she can make the flowers which are all along the sholder strap. Mayfair found me the dress made sure it was altered and perfect for my wedding day.
Wedding: 10/15/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Nothing but wonderful experiences from this company. I have been doing business with them for 17 years (starting with my wedding dress) and my family over the years has gone to them for their weddings. We always receive wonderful service! Now I'm enjoying working with them as I take my daughter for her formal dress alterations!
Wedding: 03/29/2014
4.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Responsiveness:  4.5

Private User 2 Reviews
From the moment I called to schedule a consultation to the time I paid for my dress, it's been a great experience. The consultants were very nice, I saw the owner everytime I was here, and they even made an exception because I was paying with an Amex card. They changed their alternations prices before I ordered my dress, but they honored the old price. Now that's customer service. There are many places to shop but they got the customer service down! :)
Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility:  5.0
They were amazing. I added sleeves to my gown and they were perfectly beaded to match my dress.
Wedding: 08/18/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I love everything about Mayfair Bridal and the lovely ladies who work there. This was the 6th shop I stopped in after looking at a few places in Austin and San Antonio. They have an amazing selection from various collections with prices for every budget! I went in looking for a specific designer dress I had tried on in Austin and came out falling in love with a completely different dress that was more than perfect! I was able to buy the dress in stock and with all the alterations being done at the store it is basically a bride's dream "one-stop-shop!" I am so thankful for Mayfair Bridal!
Wedding: 08/04/2013
3.3/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  2.5
  • Responsiveness:  3.5
  • Professionalism:  3.5
  • Value:  3.5
  • Flexibility:  3.5
I found my dream dress at Mayfair Bridal! Heads up ladies, if you're looking to shop and look through dresses on your own, that won't happen here. The shop itself is very small and the dresses are crowded together in such a way that it's impossible to peruse for yourself. The woman who was helping me wasn't quite getting what I wanted but my sweet sister and mom went digging and found my dress for me. The fitting area is also very small and on a crowded day, you can only have 1 or 2 people there with you and it's still pretty stuffy. In short, if you're looking for a "Say Yes to the Dress" experience where you're on a pedestal surrounded by more than 2 of your nearest and dearest, you should look elsewhere.

There were also a few hiccups: I found out after leaving the salon that my dress was going to cost $200 extra because I didn't want beading. I kind of wish I had known that before putting the down payment on the dress. Also, when I went back to pick up my dress, they had me try it on and I found safety pins still in the dress where they had not finished the alterations. I had to wait another week to pick it up.

Overall, it was an okay experience. I got the dress I wanted and at a reasonable price. I would recommend this shop if you already know your dress and style number and just need a cheap place to buy it.
Wedding: 05/04/2013
4.3/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0

Mary 5 Reviews
My daughter fell in love with her dress. It was gorgeous. Fittings were superb and accessories selection was good. The dress fit her like a glove and she was stunning.

It was a bit of a challenge communicating with employees some days. All records are kept manually so keep good records yourself. If someone doesn't manually record your payment in your folder you might get charged again or at least have to go through the hassle of digging out your receipts.
Wedding: 05/04/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I could not have picked a better dress shop, which I found from other brides recommendations. I loved that they never had more than 2 brides at a time every visit, it really made you feel like you had all their attention.
Wedding: 03/16/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Mayfair Bridal not only offers beautiful wedding gowns but provides extraordinary service. Due to unexpected medical surgeries, I was unable to begin shopping for my wedding gown until 3 months before the wedding date (which is way too late in the normal wedding planning cycle). Angelica @ Mayfair Bridal did everything possible to order the dress and have it altered on time for my wedding....and she did as promised. Mayfair Bridal truly dedicates their heart in making every brides day the best day of their life!
Wedding: 03/08/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Heroes, Angels, they saved my dress from a previous seamstress just 2 weeks before the wedding.
Wedding: 11/10/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
They are my angels, my heroes. Saved my dress from a previous seamstress who doesn't have a website, but was recommended by Idothedressido.com. Don't go to Blanca, but Linda at I do the dress i do has great deals on dresses. Mayfair Bridal, should have gone there first for my alterations. They are so gifted and talented.
Wedding: 11/10/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I have nothing but great things to say about Mayfair Bridal. All of the girls are super sweet and extremely helpful (especially Tabitha). The alterations were done in a timely manner, and when I needed additional adjustments, they were done perfectly! I definitely recommend Mayfair Bridal to anyone in the market for a wedding dress. :)
Wedding: 08/04/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Mayfair Bridal is the best bridal salon in San Antonio, Texas!!! Angelica and her staff helped me find the perfect dress for my intimate garden wedding in Windsor, Maine. They paid attention to every detail. My dress fit perfectly! They had it pressed and ready for me to take on the plane. When I got to Maine, the dress looked like it had just been pressed! Yasmin also helped me pick out my veil and hair piece for the reception. I couldn't have asked for more! Thank you, Angelica and staff!
Wedding: 06/23/2012
3.7/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  3.0
  • Value:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  3.5
I think that you can search for better prices elsewhere and try to negotiate down with this company. It is a small shop and they are very nice and very personalized. They have lots of dresses. The only thing I did not like is that they are kind of forceful with payments needed and they also say that the maxiumum amount for alterations is $267 or so and will never charge less than that. Overall, they were okay.
Wedding: 05/19/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Great shop! So glad I found my dress here. The women were so patient and so helpful. The alterations were perfect. Flexible appointment times. Low stress environment. I have no complaints and highly recommend them.
Wedding: 04/13/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Such wonderful service! The ladies here are absolutely fantastic to work with and were extremely patient and that helps when making a decision as big as a wedding dress purchase. They would offer their suggestions and opinions when asked and made me feel so comfortable. Alterations were spot on and my dress fit me like it was made just for me on wedding day! So impressed! If you're looking for a great place to find gorgeous gowns, go to Mayfair!
Wedding: 03/24/2012