Maxie B's

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

The cake is excellent, and they are very flexible and affordable.

Rachael
06/27/2015

The taste of the cake speaks for itself but the service is fantastic too! I didn't have a traditional wedding cake, so I can't comment on the details but it was worth the slightly higher prices to get a cake that tasted amazing. Maxie B's has some of the best cake in this country!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Maxie B's was very accommodating and created a fabulous cake for our wedding day! The cake itself was delicious as well as a piece of art work.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Great service and Cake. Maxie B's created our wedding cake and a grooms cake; both where delicious. They are very easy to work with and their cake beautiful.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Maxie B's was the first vendor we knew we would go with when planning our wedding. Having visited the bakery and had their cakes many times before, my husband and I both knew the quality and taste of their cakes to be excellent. Working with Shannon during the planning process went smoothly, and she was extremely helpful and professional to work with. While we knew how amazing their cakes tasted, we were blown away by their service. They were flexible with our budget, and working with us to create the cake and cupcakes we wanted. We are so happy to have worked with them for our wedding!

Private User
1 Review
Recently Married
4.7

I've always loved Maxie B's so I didn't hesitate choosing them to make my wedding cake. The cake was perfect (as expected) and the entire experience was flawless. They have the process down pat!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We LOVED our cakes!!! From taste down to design and presentation - we couldn't be happier with the turnout. We used the Death Star from Star Wars movies as the groom's cake and the comments on FB had our event trending the next day!!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Easy to order. Pretty to look at. Yummy to eat!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Everything was delicious and looked amazing!

Private User
Recently Married

Great Cakes and Desserts, Very Friendly staff.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

The cake was absolutely delicious! All of our guests continually commented on how great the cake tasted and it was everything we could've asked for!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I'm not a very big cake person, so when it came to finding my wedding cake it wasn't high on my list of priorities. I did my searching online, and when I saw Maxie B's my husband (who is from the area, I'm not) said we should definitely go with them. We went for the private cake tasting, which was well worth it. There was more cake than I ever could have imagined, and we both loved the cake with fresh strawberries! Shannon was fantastic to work with, she showed us many different ideas and helped us come up with exactly what I wanted the cake to look like. My husband was very disappointed I would not let him have the banana pudding cake, so when I contacted Shannon about making a groom's cake it was not a problem. I will have to say the grooms' cake was probably my husband's favorite part of the whole wedding (well maybe minus marrying me...). He is a watch fiend and it was made exactly to look like a Rolex, complete with amazing detailing. We loved working with Maxie B's!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Maxie B's has always been a favorite of mine for indulging on sweets. When we decided to get married, my husband and I knew we wanted a Maxie B's cake. Our wedding was a low key affair, out in a field ceremony and reception, so my idea was farm house cakes. We went with our favorite five favors that we tried at our tasting appointment, Hummingbird, Pineapple Coconut, Chocolate with Cream Cheese icing, German Chocolate( hubby's favorite), and Strawberry Butter-cream ( which is the one we cut for pictures). Shannon at Maxie B's worked with us to get the five cakes at a super reasonable price and is very attentive when emailing back and forth. My mom and I picked up the cakes on the morning of the wedding and they were beautiful, iced like normal, nothing decorative but beautiful to me. We got married on 9/5/14 and it was warm weather day so the icing did start to melt soon after the cakes were displayed but that didn't hurt the wonderful taste. Our guest raved about the varieties we had and took slices home since we ordered for 100 but only about 60 showed. My husband and I had cake for a week after the wedding and it stayed pretty fresh. I would highly recommend Maxie B's for any type of function that calls for cake. The quality and craftsmanship are worth the price. My husband and I plan to get at least a slice every year on our anniversary!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

They were absolutely professional and created the cake I sent an image of. Shannon was on time and when my decorator did not have anything ready she offered to help my wedding planners! The cake was delicious and exactly what I ordered. Shannon is experienced and wonderful! HIGHLY RECOMMEND !

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Maxie B's was a great vendor for wedding cake and dessert bar. They were very flexible and accommodating in helping us select or dessert menu. They offered more options than any other vendor that we had visited and were willing to create cake flavors to our liking. Thanks again for making our day special and unique to us!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

This has been our favorite bakery since moving to Greensboro 4 years ago. Every birthday and special occasion is accompanied by some sort of Maxie B's creation. As soon as we began planning our wedding, we knew we had to have them provide the cake for that, too. Our wedding was in Wilmington, NC so we decided to have cupcakes and cookies instead of a traditional tiered wedding cake. Everything was packed up nicely and traveled very well. We had so many compliments from guests on everything. Even my Mother and Aunt, who have a wheat allergy, were able to enjoy dessert with their Cup 4 Cup gluten free cupcakes. These guys never disappoint - highly recommended!!