Maui Catering Services

Maui Catering Services

po box 790336
paia, HI 96778 | map
Catering services: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, French Service, Hors d'o...
Maximum capacity: 150

• Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

We were very pleased with the professionalism and presentation of the the appy hour plates. They were very accommodating with our special dietary needs. They even displayed detailed ingredient cards for our guests with food sensitives and allergies. We were impressed and would you them again.

• Wedding: 11/12/2013
Sarah and Paul
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Tiffany is wonderful to work with, I could not recommend her more. She created the most beautiful wedding for us, I will always be so grateful!

• Wedding: 10/13/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Owner and Chef, Tiffany Ward, has such a great positive energy that you know your day will be a success with her! She did our day of coordination as well and really fit in with our family and crowd and made sure we were taken care of! It was raining most of the day but she and her amazing team just jumped into action to make sure we had a back up plan. I never worried.. And of course, the food... almost a year later our guests still talk about how good it was! And, if you've ever been to a wedding, you know the food isn't usually the highlight. That is not the case with Maui Catering Services! Highly recommended
Sincerely, Leah and Ryan Boevree

PS I noticed the not so great review below. I have to share that from my experience, Tiffany had someone working for her for a short time that unfortunately was not a great representation of her and her company. That person is now gone and the most recent reviews are reflective of what you will get with Tiffany and Maui Catering Services. True Aloha Spirit.

• Wedding: 09/21/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

These guys were amazing, Thank you Tiff! Guests raved about the food. At dinner time, it started to rain and the catering staff were so accomodating, they rushed all the food in and set up makeshift tables. I was very disappointed that it was raining during our dinner, but they did the absolute best they could to help out in the situation. Everyone ate, was happy and loved loved loved the cupcakes. Thank you so much for all your help guys! Awesome.

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Services Used: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Private User
2.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 2.0
  • Responsiveness: 1.0
  • Professionalism: 2.0
  • Value: 1.5
  • Flexibility: 3.5

I honestly wish I could say that we had the same excellent experience with Maui Catering Services (MCS) as the others did. MCS was referred to us by the estate where we had our venue and accommodation. Because of this, we thought that they would be great being that they would be most familiar with the location and layout. We didn't have such a great experience with MCS.

1) The budget was a constant issue. I was very clear on our budget to start, and after saying it would be do-able, the initial invoice amounted to twice our budget. We cut, cut and cut until it was pretty much doing everything on our own! After I found another catering company that would do more for less money, MCS refused to refund my deposit to me. I was not told that this deposit was non-refundable nor did I sign any contract. They said that since they had already booked the vendors, they would gladly keep my $1000 deposit for the work that they had done and call it even! I had no choice but to work out services with them. They finally agreed to be my onsite coordinators but not to do the catering. Maybe the whole quarrel made them sour because it seemed like they did not care to do put in any worthwhile effort after that.

2) The correspondence was always slow. I would not hear from them for weeks at a time, not even the day before our wedding. She showed up the day of the wedding with 2 other WC's. There was no run through of the ceremony and the vendors were an hour late. Although the WC's seemed to be running around, I'm not sure what they were doing!

3) The WC's all left early. If they would have stayed, they would have found that we had technical lighting difficulties that they should have foreseen.

MCS needs much help on their wedding coordination abilities and customer service/professionalism. They may know how to cater food but they could learn a thing or two about how to properly coordinate!

Honest Bride

• Wedding: 04/30/2013
Services Used: Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We wanted to write a review for Maui Catering Services because our wedding was amazing! It's not easy planning a destination wedding from California, but Tiffany made the entire process smooth and stress-free. There were multiple menu options available to choose from, and we were able to make changes as necessary for our guests with food allergies. Tiffany was able to accommodate our guests' restrictions which was great!

When we got to Olowalu Plantation House on our wedding day, we couldn't have asked for more. The venue was decorated exactly as we had imagined: Maui Moons lighting, tiki torches and beautiful centerpieces. Her staff was so helpful in greeting our guests and making sure everyone was well fed, including us, throughout the night! We had a luau style buffet and every dish was AMAZING, lots of flavor! Kalua Pork and MacNut crusted fish were sooooooo delicious :)

All of our guests kept complimenting the food for days after our wedding!

Our wedding day was spectacular!

We highly recommend Tiffany from Maui Catering Services to cater your wedding day :)

~Dave and Iris
August 18, 2012

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Anonymous
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My wedding was absolutely gorgeous and way beyond my expectations. I personally can't thank Tifffany enough for all that she did! The services were beyond amazing! She was a delight to work with by being caring and friendly. Your customer service was perfect! Once I understood all the pricing I realized I was good hands. They took care of the lighting, the layout, chairs, tent, and everything! I would have been happy with something very simple but what I got was spectacular. The trees were lit, tiki torches were up, we had maui moons and the layout was amazing. We even asked for specific things on our menu and they customized it just for us! I seriously don't think I can explain the gratitude I have to this company and their service!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Love,
Jessie and Maka

• Wedding: 06/26/2012
Services Used: Catering, Lighting & Decor
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Tiffany at Maui Catering Services provided A+ service at our wedding! The food was excellent, her helpers made my wedding venue look amazing with all the decorations, flowers, etc. Tiffany is extremely professional, caring, enthusiastic and overall an amazing person to deal with! She's always upbeat and just puts a smile on your face every time you talk to her! She makes your wedding planning exciting and stress free. Not to mention the quality of her food! WOW! Everyone at our wedding mentioned how amazing the food tasted. I highly recommend Tiffany for your wedding, you will not be disappointed!

• Wedding: 05/09/2012
808-344-0058
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire