Mathews Manor

Value:
(4.8 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Having our wedding at Mathews Manor was the best decision we made. From day one Stephanie made us feel like family. Stephanie was very helpful in helping us plan all the details which took a lot of stress off of me. We had our wedding in Grace Hall and everything was absolutely gorgeous. On the day of the wedding Amber was right there to do whatever we needed her to do. She knows how to get these done and is very good at having everything organized and making sure everything is perfect. Our wedding cakes were gorgeous and very delicious. Our guest just raved over how delicious the food was. The entire staff at Mathews Manor did an amazing job making sure our wedding was perfect.

• Wedding: 09/21/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Awsome place to get married everyone is so friendly and most of all very helpful!

• Wedding: 09/14/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Amber and the staff at Mathews Manor made my wedding dreams come true. From the itty bitty details to the wedding cake, everything was PERFECT.. Everything went so smooth. Though I'm glad that the staff had a rain plan in place, I'm so glad we didn't have to use it :) if you want a stress free wedding day, choose Mathews Manor!! :))

• Wedding: 05/11/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Mathews Manor was the best experience EVER!! I couldn't have dreamed it would be as stress free as it was!!! Stephanie & Carol were amazing to work with & took care of the decor, the cake, and the food! Stephanie did a great job of listening to the things I wanted & the things I didn't. The day of Carol was my coordinator and she was incredable! She took care of everything and was really on the ball! My husband, Myself & our entire family was impressed with Mathews Manor and with Stephanie & Carol! They worked hard, so that we wouldn't have to. LOVE THEM!

• Wedding: 01/15/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Mathews Manor had everything I wanted for my wedding! I had a lot of out of town guest and needed everything in one place! The Mathews Family was awesome to work with! They truly brought my dream wedding to life! Everyone that attended the wedding just complimented the food and everything about the wedding! Thank you Mathews Manor! I highly recommend this location for any occasion and for the sweetest and most organized planner you could ever ask for...ask for Tammy Mathews! She just lights up the room when she walks in!

• Wedding: 08/21/2010
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My daughter was married at Mathews Manor on June 4, 2010. We could not have been more pleased with the staff and services we received at Mathews Manor. The wedding coordinator, Stephanie, did a fantastic job. She guided us through the whole wedding process. She helped orchestrate the entire event from the flowers, decorations, cakes, food, etc. Everything was perfect. The flowers were absolutely the prettiest I have ever seen and the cakes were not only beautiful but delicious. Our guests continue to rave about the beautiful flowers, wonderful food, etc. The wedding director, Tammy, helped make my daughter feel like a princess on her wedding day. It was as though she could read my mind. If we needed something it was there. We were her main focus from early afternoon till late that night. Tammy, Stephanie and their staff took care of every detail. We didn't have to worry about anything. The day was the most perfect day for all of us. Every bride should be able to experience what my daughter experienced. We highly recommend this venue to other brides.

• Wedding: 06/04/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We recently had my daughter�s wedding at Mathews Manor. They just opened up a new outdoor venue in a meadow area across the street. It was so beautiful! The decorations were everything we had asked for, and every detail of the layout was perfect! The flowers were amazingly arranged, it was so pretty! The wedding director, Tammy, was very friendly and helpful, and took care of everything we needed. She was very detailed and made sure the ceremony went smoothly and exactly the way we wanted. I was very happy also, because the wedding coordination was very well priced, as well as the venue itself. The reception from the staff, to the food, to the cakes, was amazing. The cake was so moist and beautifully decorated, and Celeste (the cake decorator) worked with us and helped us to design the perfect cake for my daughter�s wedding, and she made it just like we asked. The owner, Debbie, was very friendly as well. She made sure that everything went wonderfully, and that the food was impeccable. The reception is fully customizable. We were able to have whatever we wanted as far as food, from a potato bar, to a carving station, some beautiful hors d'oeuvres, and even a Mexican food station (which was my daughter�s favorite!) We had two bars, one inside and one outside, which we thought, created a nice flow. We were even able to customize where we wanted the tables placed! They were even able to get the linens exactly the way we wanted them, down to the color and style. The rest of the staff were also very courteous and efficient. Overall, my daughter�s wedding was a very pleasant experience, and very stress-free. Mathews Manor really does take care of everything. I would highly recommend this venue to anybody!

• Wedding: 08/28/2009
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had the privilege to get married at Mathews Manor a few months ago. It was truly one of the best experiences of my life! I am very particular in the way that I want things done and I can honestly say that the staff at Mathews Manor met my desires in every way. First of all, I got married at the new venue that is across the street from Rebecca Gardens and Grace Hall. It is beautiful! If you dream of having a beautiful outdoor wedding, like I did, this is the place for you! We got married under an enormous oak tree with a huge chandlier over us. The platform we go married on was a great size. I had a about 30 people in the wedding party and they were all able to stand on it. Also, the seating for the guest was limitless. I had a total of about 550 guest and there would have plenty of seating if I wanted more. One of my favorite parts about this new venue is the bridge that crosses over the creek. Absolutely stunning! You really have to go and see it to be able to appreciate it! And, when I say bridge I do not mean a little place to stand to take pictures. (although we did take pictures there and I can not wait to see them!!) It was big enough for my husband and I to ride a horse and carriage over it after the ceremony.
After the ceremony, we had our reception at Grace hall and Rebecca Gardens. Again...it was stunning! The lighting was just right and the flowers were gorgeous. Stephanie, the main coordinator for Mathews Manor, was such a blessing! She treated me as if I was her own daughter. The linens were gorgeous as well! They were exactly what I had pictured in my mind. The entire staff at Mathews Manor went out of their way to make this the most memorable day for me and my husband!
Ohh yea...the FOOD! My guest are still telling me how much they loved the food and the cake. Debbie, the owner, has been doing cakes for over 25 years and is known for how moist and delicious they are. Her new assistent is able to design anything! She showed me some of the cakes she has done and I was amazed at all that she could do!! We had appetizers and then served a buffet dinner. We had chicken with a delicious apple sauce and fish and three side items. We also had three bars set up and had a band (B. Haskins and Third Floor).
I also want to mention the director, Denise. She was wonderful! She was assisted me the entire day and did a great job at taking care of the wedding party..which was no easy task! She was very professinal, yet personal. Overall, I loved my wedding and would not change anything if I had to do it over again. I looked at Mathews Manor's website and it does not do it justice. You definately need to go out to the Manor and look around yourself! At the time I got married I lived in Homewood and thought it would be a long drive but it only took 25 minutes to get there! Not bad at all! A lot of my guest came from Montgomery and were so glad that they came because they had never heard of Mathews Manor and were so glad that they were able to see this beautiful venue! If you are looking to get married....definately go and see the Manor and meet the staff. I am confident you will be impressed!

• Wedding: 08/08/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Mathews Manor was a wonderful choice for our wedding venue. They made the entire process so easy. The flowers, food, decorations, and staff were fantastic. I used the wedding planner, Mrs. Denise Gardner, and she was fantastic. The day of the wedding everything went as planned. I had people comment on how calm I was that day and I know it is because Mrs. Gardner went above and beyond to make the day stress-free and special. From the moment we arrived until we left that evening, Mrs. Gardner took care of all of our needs. I did not feel that I had to worry about anything because of her professionalism and her desire to make this day special. I would highly recommend Mrs. Gardner as a wedding planner and Mathews Manor as a venue for any bride.

• Wedding: 04/25/2009
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My daughter got married at Mathews Manor, and we had a wonderful experience. We met with Stephanie and she walked us through the entire wedding planning process and made what I thought would be an overwhelming experience so easy. She was so good with my daughter as she selected the flowers, cake, etc. The wedding was in Rebecca Gardens, and it was so beautiful with the pool, fountain, and gazebo. The wedding planner, Denise, was incredible. She was so helpful in walking us through the ceremony. When my daughter was not quite sure in certain areas, Denise was so kind in giving different options, letting us know what was traditional along with anything else she knew would work well at the venue. My daughter is highly organized and a planner, so working with Denise was a great match for her personality. We didn't have to worry about a thing because Denise gave us the confidence that everything was under control. She treated our family with such kindness and professionalism, and made the day so easy. When we arrived to get ready for the wedding, it was raining and my daughter was pretty upset, but Denise was so good to put her (and all of us) at ease. (It did stop raining just before we started pictures!). When my daughter's bouquet was not exactly right, I tried to get her to just go with it, but Denise was so kind to take the bouquet and get the correction made very quickly, even in time for the pictures! The cake, flowers, food, everything was just great. Each time I drive by the location, I look at the gazebo and have the greatest memories of that night.

• Wedding: 06/30/2007
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Flowers, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The staff at Matthews Manor are wonderful, experienced and flexible with whatever wedding needs you have! I loved the "one-stop shopping " that Matthews Manor provided and convenience of not having to coordinate music, venues, flowers, catering, etc by myself.

• Wedding: 06/04/2005
4.9/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Absolutely loved working with Stephanie and Carol. They were a pleasure and really did everything they could to make our day perfect. Stephanie was happy to accommodate all of my ideas and Carol helped make everything go so smoothly. For the price and the convenience of having everything done there, you HAVE to go with Mathews Manor! You even have a choice of actual location with the indoor Grace Hall, the semi-outdoor Rebecca Gardens and the beautiful outdoor Micah's Meadow.

• Wedding: 09/28/2013
4.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Matthews Manor was great to work with for my floral arrangements. I simply brought in a picture of the bouquet I wanted, and they were able to reproduce it at a reasonable cost.

• Wedding: 06/04/2005
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Flowers, Wedding Planning
4.5/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Great venue with so many options for amazing pictures. Staff is very friendly and helpful...they are very good at what they do since they do it all the time...hard to just trust them to take care of it all out when you don't know what to expect, but they make it happen well. Could be a totally stress-free day if you allow them to figure it out for you. They also work very well if you want to help with the details.
Food was wonderful...I recommend a basic sit-down meal!
Enjoy!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Profile Picture
Private User
4.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Mathew's Manor is a beautiful venue for weddings. Everything looked amazing for our wedding and they did a great job setting everything up. The wedding coordinator is great to work with and also does a great job. The catering did an amazing job with our food and cake. The food was incredible!

• Wedding: 03/10/2007
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Cake
3.2/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 2.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 3.0

My wedding at Mathew's Manor was absolutely gorgeous. The weather was perfect and their grounds were ideal for a "garden/backyard" wedding. The manager was very easy to deal with and we had no problems requesting what we wanted. We paid extra for a wedding coordinator who was helpful the day of the wedding and during the ceremony. Everything went wonderfully and I have no complaints with who my wedding went.

However, Mathew's Manor has three areas that they do weddings on their grounds. Rebecca Gardens, The chapel, and an outside area in between the gardens and the chapel. The day of my wedding, they double booked. Another couple was suppose to get married inside the chapel after sundown and I was getting married outside at 5pm. Which would have been fine. But, they allowed the other couple to move their wedding outside 2 months before the wedding day; Which put our wedding overlapping each other.

Mathew's Manor called me to ask me to change my day around b/c of this other wedding, after I had booked outside and made all my arrangements. I couldnt b/c my invites had been printed with the time, etc. Long story short..... they ruined my reception, made my dj STOP PLAYING at the start of that other wedding, and people left early! I was VERY VERY mad. My dad was aswell, considering he was the one paying for all this.

That was the only problem I had with them during the whole process. It was a pretty big one but...looking back, my wedding was definately gorgeous and memorable!

I would recommend using them but just make sure they don't double book!

Mathews Manor responded with the following comments:

We had great joy in helping plan your Wedding. We are so glad that you would recommend using us to others. We are sorry for the confusion of when you actually booked and we understand the overlap of the music was a slight inconveince. Too remedy that problem we have changed booking hours to not overlap any ceremonies. We hope you are doing well.

• Wedding: 10/20/2007
205-467-3935
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
Schedule Appointment