Mathers Bakery

Flexibility:
 (4.6/5.0)

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
Marci, was the most professional in the field. we are a Gay couple and she treated us with the upmost respect as we had gone to 3 other bakeries and were treated poorly. They really were not interested in our wedding cake because we are Gay. Not very professional...
Marci, welcomed us in to her bakery and treated us as the only customers she had, even though she had others walk in. the cake was absolutely beautiful !! We had so many compliments on the cake , it tasted fantastic . she came in, set it up even took pictures of the cake all set up.
all we can say is thank you so much Marci.

Wedding: 09/20/2013
2.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.0
  • Professionalism:  3.0
  • Value:  2.0
  • Flexibility:  3.0

Anonymous 5 Reviews
I was disappointed with my cake's appearance. I bought a fondant cake and the ends were all smooshed and you could see finger marks. It was not a crisp fondant cake that I expected to get from a cake shop. The icing was delicious but the cake was not as moist as I wanted either.
Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
WONDERFUL! This bakery has been around for 80 years and is family owned. Marci is the nicest person you will ever talk to. I never met with her prior to the wedding, but talked to her one the phone and emailed her some of my likes. My cake was perfect. We had so many compliments on the flavor too - lemon! I had tons of people going back for seconds and talking about it the next day at brunch. You cannot go wrong with Mathers Bakery.
Wedding: 06/02/2012

Stephanie 5 Reviews
Our cake was absolutely beautiful! She did exactly what I had in mind plus some! It tasted amazing and all of our guests enjoyed it. The strawberry filling is so good!
Wedding: 06/02/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
beautiful and very delicious cake. made my day perfect!! Marci is a wonderful woman to work with. designed the cake to fit our personalities. will use again for other occassions :)
Wedding: 11/26/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
This cake so is so amazing!!! She made us a cup cake wedding tower with lots of flowers and butterflies. The cup cakes looked like fresh cut grass. Its was so unique and wonderful. It was such a great hit!!!!
Wedding: 06/18/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Ms. Marcy did a wonderful job! Set everything up beautifully and the cake tasted just delicious. Call her for your special day!
Wedding: 01/01/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The owner/baker was completely open to what we wanted, and the cake was in our budget and turned out beautifully!
Wedding: 11/13/2010
3.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  3.0
  • Value:  2.0
  • Flexibility:  3.0
We were not very happy with the turnout of the cake. The quality of work wasn't up to par with what was promised, and it wasn't exactly what we talked about. The women who run the shop are very nice, but unless you want a traditional buttercream cake, I would look elsewhere. I don't think they are very good with fondant/modern designs. they also forgot our cake stand. My cousin got married a month before me and had the same issues. Including forgetting the cake stand again.
Wedding: 10/02/2010
4.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Our cake from Mathers Bakery was included in the cost of the venue. However, we did add some sugar flowers that ended up costing us $120 over. The cake was pretty, but not exactly what I visioned. BUT the cake taste was amazing! We had a chocolate with raspberry filling.
Wedding: 03/05/2010
3.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Value:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0
Our cake didn't really turn out as planned.
Wedding: 04/18/2009
4.0/5.0
  • Professionalism:  3.5
  • Value:  3.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Marcy is so nice and willing to make anything you can think of. I live in a different state than the wedding and had to do all business with her over the phone and through mail. She was able to make this process so easy. The cake came out beautiful.
Wedding: 01/03/2009