Martoca Beach Garden

Martoca Beach Garden

Custom packages and options to fit your budget!

Ave. Los Picos 834

Value:
(4.9 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We celebrated our wedding in Bucerias, Mexico on January 19 and were impressed FAR beyond our expectations with Martoca. So many destination wedding information only provides information on larger hotels, etc. and searching out Martoca meant our wedding went from what would have been 'nice' to 'sensational'! "Right out of a magazine" was a comment heard from several of our guests and we felt the same way.

Planning a destination wedding to a location you've never been too is stressful, which is why we initially decided to hold our wedding at the Dreams Villamagna in Nuevo Vallarta. However, we decided to switch locations only after months of frustration with the hotel (we still didn't have a contract or firm idea on how much the wedding was going to cost at 3 1/2 weeks out!

At the last minute we decided to switch and will be eternally grateful that we did. Martoca offers a unique (as opposed to cookie-cutter) location, service, details, food, etc. over the larger chain hotels. Also, holding it there made us feel like we were actually in Mexico instead of a generic beach somewhere. Our party could last until midnight as opposed to a firm 10 p.m. stop time at the hotels AND the whole affair cost us approximately $3000 less (guestimating of course given we didn't really know how much were were going to have to spend at the hotel).

Martoca offered EVERYTHING the hotel did in terms of ammenities, a proficient wedding planner who was fluent in English, and in our opinion, a FAR superior product over all.

We were VERY impressed with them (especially consider what they pulled off in the 3.5 weeks time frame we gave them to pull everything together!).

Regards, Doris

• Wedding: 01/19/2012
Services Used: Band, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Entertainer, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Photography, Transportation, Travel, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Helllo! I got married here in October of 2011. And in all honestly this was the wedding of my dreams I never knew I wanted! And that’s because I never fantasized of how my wedding would be. I would describe myself as a flexible, yet very detail oriented and demanding in professionalism. I work for a nonprofit, but assist in a lot of high end event planning so details are so important!

We had our Catholic wedding ceremony at a nearby Church that was beautiful. And the reception was held at Martoca. Transportation was provided from the hotel to ceremony to Martoca as well as back to the hotel. Transportation piece of cake! Also a few days prior to the wedding Martoca helped us coordinate a fishing trip for the boys and girls day trip that involved sun bathing on the boat, snorkeling, visiting yelapa and jumping around in waterfalls! Our wedding was a blast! Awesome Food, Drinks, Decor, Fireworks and gorgeous place.

I found Martoca Beach Garden through an extensive web search and informal interviews with other venues and when I connected with Jimmy Basanez, the owner of Martoca, I was sold! Jimmy is fluent in english and spanish and grew up both in the US and Mexico. Being in a bi-cultural relationship (I’m Mexican-American and my husband is American) it was so great to have someone that can understand and bridge both the spanish and english speaking worlds. It was so important to me for our wedding to feel like “us”. Connecting with Jimmy and his team was like joining a great group of friends -you the ones you can depend on, trust and have fun with.

Jimmy was very honest about the process --it is a business after all! He has a wedding planner, Odette, that he pays a salary to, so you are not working with someone who receives commissions from vendors and and you avoid being guided to subpar vendors. They do have their preferred vendors (which they have worked with for years and they trust) and you are able to reach out to them directly if you had any doubts or questions.

What sold me is the intimate private space and beach area you and your family and friends all have to enjoy. --And of course the great people at Martoca! If you are thinking of hosting your wedding at some resort, I strongly encourage you not to do it! It would be such a great disservice to your special day and honestly all the people that are flying out for your special day. Having it at resort means no privacy (seriously a few yards away people are in the pool gawking) and not having a special edge to it. Your guests are already staying at the resort -get them out of there so they can enjoy and see a special part of Mexico! I’d be happy to be a reference for Martoca --so if you are thinking about hosting your special day here and just need to talk to a former Bride. Tell Jimmy to connect you with me. Wishing you Brides the best!

• Wedding: 10/08/2011
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
4.9/5.0
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

If you are looking for a special place for your wedding or just a wonderful little place to get away....then you must go to!! It was so over the top. They made every detail perfect and made us feel so special. I had a wedding there April 15th and I was extremely happy with everything...it was so beautiful...we plan to go back for our Anniversary. I will recommend Martoca Beach Garden to all my friends and family!!! Love it!!

• Wedding: 04/15/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We got married here in February 2011. Absolutely fantastic place. I hope this wonderful place will not be affected by the constant news about the Mexican drug war when in fact this area of mexico hasn't been affected by the violence at all. /Lars (Denmark)

• Wedding: 02/12/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Martoca Beach Garden! I too researched many other locations and when I came across Martoca online, I knew we wanted to get married there. I came into contact with Jimmy and from the first email( and there were many!) he was always so helpful and flexible and would answer any questions I had right away. He found me an amazing wedding planner and helped me set a "package" that suited us.
We had 40 guests there for our wedding in January and every single one fell in love with the beauty of Martoca Beach!
If you're looking for the most beautiful,magical, romantic destination wedding...THIS is the place!

• Wedding: 01/11/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had the lovely pleasure of getting married at Martoca Beach Garden and I can honestly say, as someone who has been in the events industry and researched locations across Mexico and the U.S. that this place is magical.

From our planner on-site to the DJ's to the set-up staff and the caterer (who might be the best in all of Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta and beyond), they delivered beyond our expectations! As the bride, that's easy to say but we also heard from our 75+ guests that they too loved the experience, even having a few friends ask me to "plan their big event there next."

If you're looking for an experience that is truly memorable without all the chaos and frankly "cost" that come with expensive planners, I highly recommend looking here.

If I had to do it all over again, I'd do everything the same! Thank you Jimmy and team at Martoca Beach Garden for being gracious hosts and for setting the bar high!

• Wedding: 11/22/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

As a wedding planner I truly recommend this place. Beautiful view to Banderas Bay and Jimmy is an excellent host. I do also recommended it on my page =)http://spectacularwedding.blogspot.com/2011/03/weddings-at-martoca.html

• Wedding: 03/27/2010
52-322-120-6098
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards