Marriage 101 Online - Basics of True Love

Value
4.2
Flexibility
4.2

My husband and I wanted to do pre-marital counseling before we got married. I just wanted to be sure we had talked about everything, we communicate well, but I still wanted to be sure nothing was missed. Our officiant for our wedding was our friends mother who is a pastor at a local church. My husband is shy and i thought it would be best if we could take an online course so that we would be able to talk though items and he wouldn't need to feel guarded with a 3rd person.

This program does focus on God and Christian beliefs. If you and your partner do not follow or want to follow a christian faith this may not be for you. If you use the workbooks and videos together along with the test it can be a very good and growing time in your relationship. I would rather find out before I say "I do" that we do not agree on topics then after.

Marriage 101 Online - Basics of True Love responded with the following comments:

Lori, thank you for your kind review. We are greatly encouraged and trust God that your marriage will last a lifetime. 10,000 couples have now used Marriage 101 online. We truly appreciate your support.

Services Used: Officiant

Marriage 101 Online is an amazing course. It's very affordable and you even get $60 off the marriage license! The workbooks are great and easy to use. The topics are what we need to make our marriage last. I'll recommend it to all my friends.

Services Used: Officiant

We’ve learned so many unique ways to handle any issues that may, better yet (will) arise in the years to come. I mean, these were things that we as everyday people wouldn’t typically think of implementing in our daily lives with one another. Now that I am actually putting these methods into play, I can see such a dramatic change in even the way my husband and I speak and communicate with one another. I could have never imagined our marriage even close to being this rock solid! Now I know exactly what “feeling married” entails. When you find out not only what it’s like to be in such a successful marriage, but what it means for you as a couple to be “Married to your relationship with God” you will rise to unforeseeable heights in your life! What we’ve received is more than we could ever ask for!

Services Used: Unique Services (Other)
Profile Picture
aaron
1 Review
04/13/2013
3.0

If you are looking for an evangelical, Christian, sexist, and heterosexist premarital counseling program, this is for you.

I, as a liberal clergy person who was getting married, found the concept of doing premarital counseling intriguing and it did spark some great conversations with my fiancee. We were unable to travel to do the TwoGether in Texas training elsewhere, and needed to get the marriage license with no waiting period due to our travel schedule. The videos are cheesy, and depending on your political leanings, can seem offensive. We both found the session on financial planning to be bizarre and rather off-putting.

When we picked up our marriage license, we found out that providers of this course are normally not supposed to charge for this. It's sad that they are the only game in town currently.

Services Used: Officiant, Unique Services (Other)