Mario Tricoci Hair Salon & Day Spas

(3.9 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(4.0 / 5.0)

Mario Tricoci's does a fantastic job making you look your best for the big day!
Ashley (hair) and Karli (make-up) made my hair and make-up really a show stopper on my wedding day. These two women are extremely talented!!!

• Flexibility: 5.0

I got my hair and make up done here along with my bridesmaids. They had us out by the time I needed and everyone looked beautiful. I will be using them again for makeup.
David did a gorgeous job on my hair.

• Wedding: 11/17/2012
4.6/5.0
  • Value: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

These guys did an awesome job making my bridesmaids and myself look amazing for the day! We were on time w/ everything and got out 10 minutes early! It was a fantastic experience and would use them again!

• Wedding: 10/09/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I used Mario Tricoci in Schaumburg and couldn't have had a better experience. From setting up the group appointment to walking out of the salon ready to walk down the aisle it was flawless. Since we came as a group, MT included bagels, juice, water, and coffee for us, which was a nice treat for a busy group of gals.

For my services I used:
(week prior) Cut-- Nathalie
(week prior) Color-- Khrystle
(week prior trial, plus day-of service) Makeup- Madison
(week prior trial, plus day-of service) Updo- Bryn

I have been seeing Nathalie for over 15 years and she is fantastic. Each cut better than the last. And the same goes for Khrystle with color. I have only used her for a few years but it's always flawless.

Madison did my makeup and did an amazing job. I looked so natural. I got a few individual false lashes and they looked completely natural, not to mention they stayed on ALL day and came off with ease once we got to our hotel at the end of the night. I didn't feel like I was being "pushed" to buy makeup product (although earlier in the week I had a facial and when they touched me up to send me home, I did at that point feel pushed to buy makeup. But it wasn't by Madison.). The makeup colors were perfect for my skin tone, and my pictures came out great. There's one where you can see my big luscious lashes and I LOVE it!

Bryn did my updo. I had never seen Bryn before (the reason I didn't use Nathalie is that she doesn't specialize in bridal updos) but was recommended to her by several of the MT staff. Besides the fact that she was sweet and personable, she did a great job. I had an idea of what I wanted but we worked together and found a better style. I had an organza birdcage-style blusher veil, and not all hairstyles work with these veils. Bryn found the perfect updo to compliment both the down-the aisle style as well as the reception style for the veil. I got many compliments on my hair.

Also, the week prior I was feeling really stuffy so I got a facial and opted for a chemical peel and collagen treatment just for the heck of it. I can not say enough how awesome it was. I didn't wear makeup for the entire week and I was getting stopped by random people in stores about how radiant my skin looked. I have NEVER before received so many compliments on my skin. It was totally worth the ~$200. Totally, completely, no questions asked!

In short, I would definitely recommend MT in Schaumburg. Go in and interview the techs so you can find ones you enjoy spending time with and who you think "get you;" you will certainly find someone who meets your needs, and you won't worry on the day of your wedding. MT never fails to deliver great service.

• Wedding: 10/16/2010
4.6/5.0
  • Flexibility: 3.0

I used Mario Tricoci in Schaumburg!!! This was my very first time getting my make up professionally done. I went for a trial and for the day of. The lady who did my make up was GREAT. She was very sweet and she was known for the "natural look". The only down fall is that she did push the make up products and she didn't listen 100% to what I wanted.. HOWEVER, she still took in what I told her, just made it more natural, and I'm telling you, I'm glad I let her. I loved my make up! I felt naturally pretty :) And having fake eyelashes on for the big day was sooooo natural looking! And they didn't bother me at all, which is something that concerned me! And they came off with just warm water.. No tugging, nothing! :) Easy peasy! And I still use the wedding make up that I purchased to this day. I love it!

• Wedding: 06/12/2010
Adrienne
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Mario in Naperville is Number one!!! These stylists and makeup artists went out of their way to make me and my bridesmaids feel like celebrities!! They did exactly what we wanted and were patient and kind. Their products are top of the line. You can bring in food and drink (no alcohol) into the spa and have a light breakfast inbetween appointments. Karli and Brandi and Dina are the best!!!

• Wedding: 05/15/2010
4.8/5.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I went to the Mario Tricoci in Oak Brook and was so happy I chose to have my wedding hair and makeup done there. Mandy did my hair and she did a wonderful job! She listens to you and does what you want and can actually make it look like a picture you show her. Penny did my makeup and was amazing! She made me look gorgeous and glamourous, but not like I had a face of pancake makeup. I was the biggest skeptic about having my hair and makeup done by others but I was so glad I chose to do this and do it here. I was very happy with their work and didn't even need touch ups!

• Wedding: 06/06/2009
4.7/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had a great experience with the Mario Tricoci salon in Naperville. My makeup artist, Karli, in particular was fabulous. She was fun, provided exceptional customer service (including giving me a complimentary makeup session for my rehearsal), and did a great job. We had a minor mishap when the salon called me 2 days before my wedding to tell me that the lady who did my trial had quit, and so they offered me a choice of either going in for a second trial the next day with someone new, or just to get my hair comped the day of the wedding. Since I didn't want anything too intricate done, I opted to have my hair comped, so I got free hair, which I thought was great customer service. The lady who did my hair did a good job as well, as did the ladies who did my manicure/pedicure. Everyone was friendly and helpful - they even arranged a private backroom for my bridesmaids and I to eat a little something between hair and makeup.

• Wedding: 05/30/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Mario Tricoci although very costly was recommended to me by several of my friends who have used their services for hair and make up for their weddings. This is one area I really splurged on and did not regret that decision. I loved the way my hair and makeup came out and my husband was just in awe when he saw me. He couldn't believe what they did to my hair on my wedding day and said he wished I could wear it like that all the time. Ha, if only I could have married a millionaire. Several other people raved about the way my hair looked as well. If there is one area to spend big bucks on, this is it. The whole day is really about the Bride and how she looks and when the music begins, the groom doesn't become the center of attention and walk down the aisle for all eyes to look at, the bride does so to me, this was a very important part of my wedding planning.

• Wedding: 05/23/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Lisa did my hair for my wedding (and she does my hair whenever I need a special hairdo) and she did a fabulous job. I could not have been happier. She's the best.
However, I would not recommend the make up being done at Mario's. They constantly try to get you to buy their products and the girl that I did my trial with could not put the eyelashes on! I had to go out that night for my birthday and the lashes kept falling off. Plus, she did a terrible job with the whole make up thing from start to finish. She also told me that she could tell I had "bad acne" as a teen, which is not true and she wanted me to buy this lotion for $70 to "erase the scars". There was a girl next to me getting her makeup done for Homecoming and when the make up tech walked away, she looked at me and said "don't even think of buying that stuff because you have NO scars on your face!!". I was not at all happy with the make up service.
For hair, Lisa is the absolute best.

• Wedding: 11/15/2008
2.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 2.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.0
  • Professionalism: 3.0
  • Value: 1.0
  • Flexibility: 3.0

I had my hair colored, highlighted and cut. The color and highlights looked great, but faded really fast for the amount of money I spent. The person who cut the hair barely spoke to me about what I wanted and seemed like he was rushing me out of there. My hair turned out fine but I did not appreciate the attitude. Also, the cost was exorbitant.

• Wedding: 09/28/2008
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jenness did my hair for my wedding day and she did a great job.

• Wedding: 07/19/2008
4.4/5.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 3.0

I had all of my bridal party (including the moms) go to get their hair and make-up done there. They did a great job working with the different skin tones and hair types/preferences of the members of my party. Both my hair styles and make-up artist really listened to my feed-back from our trial session and so i got exactly what I wanted on my wedding day.

They were very good about working with me to schedule 7 hair and make up appointments (which took several email to get right, since I kept pushing back the start time) and get us out the door (almost) on time (we were about 20min later than anticipated).

The only unfortunate thing was that the groom's mom (now my mother in law) got sick the morning of the wedding and couldn't make it to her appointment. MT still charged us for the appointment (as is their policy for t find anything better (and it was literally right across the street from my hotel!).

• Wedding: 07/11/2008