Mariah Gentry Photography

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Mariah is awesome! She was great to work with and our pictures turned out perfectly.

Mariah has a genuine talent for photography and her images make me feel beautiful. Every bride wants to look perfect in her wedding pictures and Mariah did just that.

Not only were the pictures great, Mariah is fun to be around. During our communications she was always friendly and professional, quick to respond, and enthusiastic about our shoots. We had our engagement and wedding photos done with her and both sets of pictures are images I will treasure for a lifetime. Her turn time is quick and the value of the packages she offers is great! We have full access to a digital gallery, she provided slide shows (and was great when I requested special music), as well as providing disks of all of our images. Mariah went above and beyond and more than fulfilled her contractual agreement when it came to the number of images provided.

I would happily recommend her to anyone looking for a photographer and she will be my first call the next time I need professional pictures done.

Services Used: Photography

From the very beginning through the ongoing relationship, Mariah Gentry has provided professional, reliable and excellence in her photography service. We struggled to find a quality photographer to fit our non-traditional wedding ceremony at an affordable rate. I was fortunate to find Mariah Gentry Photography while reading a wedding blog on elopement/city hall weddings.

Mariah listened to our needs and offered us an affordable rate on a fun, intimate documentation of our special day. She offered much needed feedback for this young couple and was consistently responsive and friendly in her suggestions. The day of the wedding, she was open, funny, and sweet. She was flexible to our needs and quirks. :) Then, the final product arrived! Her photographs were absolutely stunning. She included a touching slideshow that told our story better than words! I am thrilled to have found Mariah to document such a special day and feel excited to have found a photographer to capture life's future events!

Wendy
1 Review
09/06/2014

We loved Mariah and would highly recommend her. She did such an amazing job! She was very professional and an expert at what she does. Everyone really liked her...she was so friendly and personable. She even jumped in and showed us all how to do a dance on the dance floor...I don't know many photographers that would do that! We were all very impressed. And of course, the wedding photos turned out beautifully. We couldn't be more pleased. Mariah made our wedding day very special and we now have memories to last a life time.

Services Used: Photography

We haven't seen the pictures yet but Msriah and her assistant, Roddy were awesome and perfect to work with.

We will send another review after viewing the photos but highly recommend talking with Maria if you are planning a wedding, she is awesome and reasonable.

Mary
08/23/2014

This young woman is fantastic and I highly recommend her. She is good and so is her assistant Roddy. We haven't seen the pictures yet but know they will be fabulous. They are very good, observant and reasonable.

Services Used: Photography

BEFORE THE WEDDING: Mariah was always responsive. If we emailed her, she would respond that day or the day after. The questions that she asked us were right on and got us to the shots and the feel of the day that were perfect. We live out of town, so we didn't get to meet Mariah in person, but I never felt that we missed out on anything because of how quickly she responded when we had questions, the plans that we put in place, and the questions that she had for us made me feel like she was really getting to know us and had a great idea of who we were.

DAY OF THE WEDDING: Mariah and her 2nd photographer arrived 30 minutes early and had everything set up by the time we arrived. She was so warm and welcoming from the very start. Mariah was the perfect balance of directing us to the right places, but without the rigid feeling of being super posed all the time. She was knowledgeable about our location and the great places for photos, that we didn't have to worry about giving her ideas. Also, as a lesbian couple, we worried about typical heteronormative poses. But, we never felt that the poses were typical male-female, and we felt that she respected both of our femininity the entire time. Throughout the wedding she was a perfect balance of being present, but not being intrusive at all. She was also SUPER flexible and we asked her to stay an extra hour and she was more than happy to stay! We constantly said the day of how LUCKY we were to have found Mariah.

AFTER WEDDING: Mariah was still very responsive and sent such a kind, heartfelt email to us about how special the wedding was. And, the pictures were SPECTACULAR! She edited more than she initially said, and she sent us two beautiful photo videos she created that brought us, and everyone we show them to to tears.

We feel SO LUCKY to have found Mariah. She is so kind, professional, an incredible photographer and SO FUN! We wish we lived in Seattle so we could see Mariah more often and be friends.

Services Used: Photography

Mariah is a wonderful photographer. She created amazing memories for us that captured the spirit of our wedding day. She took and edited more photographs than were required of the packaged we purchased and created a wonderful video also. The editing was done quickly, prior to the time promised and she also sent us the disk with all the images she took.

Several of our guest thought that Mariah was a close friend because she was so friendly, approachable and comfortable with everyone. We would definitely recommend Mariah and will be requesting her services in the future.

Services Used: Photography

We found Mariah through Craigslist and feel so lucky we did!! Our engagement photos were perfect. We had great couples photos as well as photos with our 4 yr old. Mariah brought another photographer with her to the wedding so we were able to get pictures from 2 angles instead of 1. There was a photographer with the ladies and the guys while getting ready. Mariah knew how to keep everyone organized and get the kids to smile in the midst of chaos. They captured how special our wedding was and we will have amazing pictures to remember that day forever. We love Mariah!!!

Services Used: Photography

Mariah is awesome. I have been to and been in plenty of weddings. I have been to over 25 wedding in the last 3 years. When I was searching for our photographer I looked into photographers portfolios and met with them to gain a perspective on if their personality would work with my husband and I's personality. We met Mariah and we instantly connected. She could finish our statements. Best of all Mariah loves photographer she is passionate about it. ANd we all know if you love your job you are better at it.
Mariah was on point the whole day. She was early to meet me and my bridesmaids in the morning at Gene Juarez. She made sure to shoot every bridemaids and I. she didnt miss a thing. When at the venue she listened to the few request I had and she made tons of suggestions. She was not pushing but guiding. And when your in the moment of your day less face it your scattered. Mariah helped keep me calm and she was so caring. She helped me pin my dress up (which was not her job-but she knew how and was more than willing to help).
I felt like Mariah was close friend cause she was always there and reading my mind before I could say take a picture she was. My bridesmaids all loved her as well. We all said she was so talented, on point, professional, sweet and always there for those special moment and candid pictures.
WE went with a package that included a 2nd photographer. She introduced us to Eric in the morning and he left to meet my fiance and groomsmen. It was nice having two photographers and I would say much needed. Eric as well was on point and professional. He worked side by side with Mariah. He helped with lighting and positioning. We are so thankful because we also received two sets of photos from 2 points of view (mostly the candid/reception photos).
Lets talk about Turn around. Mariah had all the pictures edited and returned to me before I was home form my honeymoon. We had all edited images via Flicker in less than 7 days (and she edited bonus amounts).

Private User
1 Review
Recently Married

Mariah is truly special. I have worked with a bunch of photographers in the past and her service and the quality of pictures are second to none. I booked her for a family portrait session.

Her sweet and professional demeanor put us all at ease, including my 7 week old daughter, who cooed and smiled at her the whole time. We had a great time taking our photos and they turned out BEAUTIFULLY! We were told exactly what the next steps were in the process, that we would receive a slide show and gallery, followed by a CD in the mail, and all three were delivered very promptly.

I honestly can't rave enough about Mariah and her services. We will be using her again... SOON!

Services Used: Photography

Mariah was great. She was fun to work with and had great ideas and was easy to work with. Our photos turned out beautifully and she was so fast in getting them to us. We loved the slideshow that she put together. You could not go wrong using her for your special event.

Private User
Recently Married

My fiancé and I were married at the Edgewater Hotel and we could not be happier with our wedding pictures. Mariah was recommended to me by my wedding consultant and she met and exceeded every expectation that I had for a photographer. She was on time, took great pictures and most of all was amazingly kind to all the guests. Everyone at the wedding/reception said that she was the nicest and most professional photographer that they had ever experienced at a wedding. Now that I've received the pictures, its apparent that she was able to capture all of the wonderful moments that happened at our wedding. I can't tell you how grateful I am that I picked Mariah Gentry as our photographer. The pictures are magical and I will treasure them always.

Services Used: Photography

Mariah was recommended to me by a colleague to photograph our daughter's 1st Birthday Party and could not have been more thrilled in being able to meet with Mariah and have her there to capture so many special moments.

Mariah was fantastic to work with - she was warm, kind and adaptable to a house full of children and adults! She took the most incredible pictures and captured the personality of our daughter on camera.

She put together an amazing slideshow as well as editing a lot of pictures and I actually shed a tear when I saw the finished piece! I would absolutely recommend her and we will definitely be using her to capture other special moments as our family grows!

Services Used: Photography

We worked with Mariah for family photos just two weeks after our second child was born. She was amazing and so nice to work with! She was very flexible about scheduling since we could not predict when the baby would be born, which I really appreciated during the busy holiday season. She also did a wonderful job engaging our 2-year-old and getting many great photos of her with our family. When we got the photos I was extremely impressed with how well she captured the four of us, including some very endearing and emotional moments. And I loved that her policy is to give you all the images outright without a bunch of extra costs to purchase them. Her prices were also extremely reasonable. What else can I say? We have already scheduled her again for an upcoming family event.

Services Used: Photography

Mariah was a dream to work with for our wedding! As someone who is shy in front of a camera, she had a natural way of making me feel comfortable and at ease. She and her 2nd shooter captured so many moments so beautifully and it has been amazing to look back over all of the photos, thank you Mariah!!!

Jeff
09/02/2012

Mariah truly is amazing! Her photography is incredible and she makes it really affordable. We enlisted her services for our engagement and wedding photos and we very much appreciated the quality of the pictures along with her kind personality and complete professionalism. We couldn't be happier and would highly recommend her to anyone -- thanks so much, Mariah!