Maria Licari

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

I worked in the beauty PR industry when I was looking for a hair/makeup artist for my wedding, and I had very high standards during my search process knowing that I wanted an experienced professional, and that I considered my bridal look one of the most important elements of the wedding. I heard about Maria through the grapevine as she often works alongside a celebrity stylist that I worked with on behalf of my client at the time, and she actually did the wedding hair/makeup for one of my colleagues and a sister of one of my colleagues - both of them RAVED about Maria and I was excited to connect with her and schedule a trial. I lived in Hoboken, NJ at the time and she had no problem driving to my apartment from NY for an at-home trial. She used extensions to create a half-up/half-down look and I loved it. The makeup was equally as good. I follow Maria on Instagram and Facebook and it was great to keep in contact throughout the year in between the trial and the wedding, especially as she posts a lot of photos of her hairstyles that I knew my bridesmaids could look at for inspiration. The week leading up to my 'big day' she made herself available to hop on a phone call to finalize and review all details. Fast-forward to the wedding day and Maria arrived at my venue on-time. One of her greatest strengths is to work fast without sacrificing quality, and also her reassuring conversation and calmness when working, which especially helped me calm my nerves that morning. I looked at my hair when she was almost done, and wanted a bit more texture along my top/sides, and she was able to quickly revise the style so I was more comfortable, and happy to do so. Her #1 priority is to make sure brides feel beautiful and have the end-look that they truly want, even if that means her needing to make a few changes and being flexible along the way. I would highly recommend Maria to any bride looking for a professional who is experienced in the NYC beauty industry - she is amazing!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

I have had many hair trials and many people do my hair . I am very picky when it comes to this and nothing compared to Maria's work . I didn't even have to tell Maria much of what I wanted she just did it . I can't believe how beautiful my hair came on my wedding day. I received so many compliments and I still do . She did my hair plus 12 others she did amazing work on all of them with no help !!! You would show a picture and she would replicate it . She is very professional and very personable you feel like she is one of your friends . Thank you again for everything you have done for myself and my wedding party and family . Even my wedding trials were great and she also did my hair for my bachelorette. I will definitely use Maria in the future for upcoming events !!!!

Christina 6/27/14 Bride

Recently Married

Extremely professional and talented-- perfect makeup on my wedding day. Kept me calm the entire time!

Gloria
04/27/2014

Maria is extremely talented. She listens to what you want and makes your visions a reality. She stays updated on the latest trends in both hair and makeup to helps you look stylish and fresh. She is a professional and a true pleasure to work with. 5 stars all the way!!!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

I am so lucky to have worked with such a talented hair and make up artist like Maria Licari for my wedding day. She was confident, professional and respectful of my time I felt I was in good hands and knew that she would make me look amazing for my wedding day. Maria was excited about my superhero wedding theme and supportive of my updated Wonder Woman costume she really had fun with it and offered fresh ideas for my look. I was fidgety and nervous at first but she helped me feel confident and relaxed. Maria was super flexible and even cut my husbands hair for our wedding day, and exceeded my expectations of the beautification process. Her punctuality was greatly appreciated and offered two original hair and makeup looks for my wedding and superhero reception. I would recommend Maria's hair and make up services to anyone and I would love to work with her again in the future.

Maria
02/15/2014

Marie it's an amazing artist and professional she doing exactly the look I was looking for!!! I was so happy that a friend of mine gave me a highly recommendation to use her on my special day I think every bride should have experience of getting their hair and makeup done by Marie Lacari!! She made me look perfect I don't know what I would have done if I didn't use her thank God that she was sent my way

1+ year ago

Maria was a very good makeup artist. I told her what I like and she made sure she had all products. I used her for of my wedding events. I started with engagement party, we tested out the airbrush on my skin realize it didn't work in my skin. On my bridal shower she was prepared with foundation instead. Maria was always on time and responsive to my needs. Hire her she is great.

Patrizia
08/11/2013

Maria is a true artist! I left it up to her to decide my hair style and makeup, and she worked her magic! Her experience and talent shines through... my hair/makeup was flawless and lasted ALL day! She knows what will work or won't work simply by looking at you! I use Maria for all of my events, and am beyond satisfied each time!

Jaimie
05/17/2013

Maria was amazing!! She did both hair and makeup for my wedding and hair for my 5 bridesmaids and flower girl. She brought in an assistant for their makeup. We had a trial a few months before, she listened to what I wanted and I couldn't be happier! There was not one complaint the day of and everyone looked flawless! I still get compliments to this day about both the hair and makeup! I would highly recommend her!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

I've had the pleasure of working with Maria on many occasions in addition to my wedding. She is always professional, creative, attentive and prepared. She made me look and feel beautiful. My makeup lasted all day for my wedding - pictures look incredible! She is very patient and thorough in her work.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

What can I say, I have never felt more beautiful than on the day of my wedding, thanks to Maria! :)

Lina
09/09/2012

Maria and her staff were extremely professional and I would reccomend them to anyone looking not to worry about looking good on any special occasion. She was time efficient and made everything look so easy! Maria did a great job with my mom's (mother of the bride) hair, which my mom always has insecurities about. My mom loved the way she looked which made me so happy! Love Maria and her work!

2+ years ago

Maria is amazing!! Not only have I used her for my own wedding (for hair and makeup) but I've also had her do my hair for a friend's wedding when I was a bridesmaid. She really listens to want you want and makes sure you are happy with the final results. On my wedding day, we realized we weren't clear about my hair extensions prior to my wedding day. Basically I needed extensions but didn't have any. Maria immediately ran out and was able to get hair extensions that perfectly matched my hair. She was absolutely flawless while working under pressure and I could not have felt any more beautiful on my special day. You're a fool if you don't contact her asap!!!!

Christine
07/22/2012

Maria Licari is the best! She was always so easy to reach and quick to get back to me when I had questions about her services for my wedding. She was so calming on the morning of the wedding too! She listened to what I asked for and I felt special and beautiful because of her! A true professional who has a genuine love and care for her clients. She is amazing!!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Maria is a wonderful hair and make-up artist. I got a lot of compliments on how beautiful my sister, my mother and I looked. All of who had hair and make-up done by Maria. She is extremely professional and knows exactly what she's doing in terms of making sure you look great in photographs. She is also an extremely sweet and wonderful person who is a joy to be around on your wedding day.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Maria was hired to do the make up for me and m ydaughter for my son,s wedding.
she was fabulous... our make up lasted the entire wedding ( 5 + hours)

I would definitely use maria again....She did a spectacular job woth our make up