Marco Polo Caterer

Marco Polo Caterer

245 Maple Ave West
Vienna, VA 22180 | map
Catering services: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Family Style, French Ser...
Maximum capacity: 3000
Bar services: Cash Bar, Limited Bar, Open Bar
Alcohol services: Champagne Toast, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Spe...

Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
(4.5 / 5.0)
Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
(4.5 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

About 5 months ago I had an amazing blessing in discovering Marco Polo Restaurant. Xochitl is an outstanding manager, organizer, you name it.

The food was delicious and the place settings were beautiful. My husband and I were very proud to entertain our guests with your meals and service.

My highest compliments and thank you for the easiest part of the wedding planning.

Sincerely,

Tess Brown

• Wedding: 09/13/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Everything was set up so beautifully - better than I could have imagined. Xóchitl Gutiérrez ran everything so seamlessly and professionally. She was everywhere but unobtrusive. All the staff were wonderful. So many people told us they really loved the food. We did, too, it was delicious! I would recommend Marco Polo without hesitation.

• Wedding: 08/09/2014
4.9/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Xochitl is so helpful and responsive. The food was good and the venue set up beautifully!!

• Wedding: 05/25/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I just recently got married in May at Top of the Town in Arlington, VA. The venue had a list of approved caterers you could pick from and with being on a budget I contacted all of them! Xochitl hosted not only me and my husband for a free tasting at the restaurant but also allowed us to bring 2 friends. Xochitl and her team are easy to work with with reasonable pricing for the DC area. She listened to my ideas and was so courteous and kind. We got married on a Sunday afternoon so we decided to have a breakfast/brunch menu and it came together beautifully. Not only was the food delicious, Xochitl and her team made sure the room was set up just how I had envisioned it. I would absolutely 100% recommend Marco Polo for any event in the future!!

• Wedding: 05/11/2014
Amanda
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Bottom line: Marco Polo's food and service were excellent. They catered our wedding at the Carnegie Institute for Science in DC, and the guests loved the food and the service.

We researched and collected proposals from several caterers during our caterer selection process. One thing that MP did that several other caterers didn't do was deliver an initial proposal that was tailored specifically to our tastes and requirements; we received a lot of boilerplate stuff from other caterers, but this caught our attention because it hit all the right points on the first iteration. One of us has a very specific food allergy and we had some guests that had some specific food requirements, so it really made a difference for us that in the proposal the MP team was able to clearly reflect that they were competent and skilled enough to work with us to deliver a menu of food that all the guests could eat. It was clear when we went to the tasting that the team had nailed the right approach for a menu to fit our wedding. As part of one of the special adjustments to their food, the chef altered the recipe for their horseradish sauce to use goat's milk instead of cow products - not only was this a hit with us, but the guests couldn't stop talking about it. They also made this delicious chicken breast stuffed with feta cheese that the guests couldn't get enough of (we had a buffet service). After the wedding we had some leftovers that the MP team wrapped up for us which we brought to our impromptu after party, and the food was completely gone before the party was over.

If you're looking around for a caterer, and Marco Polo's cuisine is in the zone of what you're looking for, we recommend you put Marco Polo on your list to consider!

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Marco Polo Caterers of Vienna VA catered our 50th Wedding Anniversary Party on 16 June 2012. The food and service were outstanding. This is actually the fourth time we and our family members have used Marco Polo Caterers for wedding receptions and paties. Why mess with success!

• Wedding: 06/16/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Xochitl and her staff were 100% terrific from beginning to end. The food was delicious, the tasting very personalized, she listened to what we wanted and did everything she said she would do for us at an extremely reasonable price. We could not have asked for better food, more value, or nicer people!

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Xochitl and her staff at Marco Polo were amazing! Right from the start of planning, she was very helpful and responsive. She worked with us to come up with a menu that represented my husband and I as a couple, but also fit our budget. I had planned a few surprises for my husband and she helped orchestrate them perfectly. I even added food on at the last minute (a week before the wedding) and it was no problem. A few days before the wedding the forecast was calling for a cold day and Xochitl was able to find us heat lamps for our cocktail hour at the last minute. They also provided all of our tables, chairs, linens, flatware, etc for the ceremony and reception. They did a wonderful job setting up the place. Now on to the food, it is amazing! We have received so many compliments on how delicious the food was. I was very impressed. A few recommendations-bacon wrapped scallops, cocktail shrimp, caeser dressing, and the ravioli filled with ricotta and spinach. Hands down that pasta is the best thing EVER! Marco Polo did a wonderful job at our wedding. They provide great service and delicious food at a reasonable cost. I highly recommend!

• Wedding: 11/06/2010
Services Used: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths
2.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 2.5
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 3.0
  • Value: 2.0
  • Flexibility: 2.5

First the good things - Marcello was always responsive to our calls and emails. The food tasted great and was presented in a very lovely way. The table settings were also very nice and the wait staff were professional.
However... they ran out of food. Some of our guests did not have anything to eat. Marco Polo obviously ran out to get something, but instead of a southwestern black bean salad it was just black beans - like right out of the can. The other fill in food was just as sub-par and those that didn't get food were unaware that more appeared. Maybe just as well as this was humiliating to me as the hostess. We provided our own beverages and I talked with Marcello about how much to buy and went on his recommendation. We ran out of beer and had to send them out with my credit card to buy more. I would not recommend them.

• Wedding: 06/19/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Marco Polo Catering was so helpful. Marcelo was so professional every time we met or spoke together. I got so many compliments on how delicious the food was and how smooth the event went. We missed our cocktail hour since we were having photos taken. They set a plate of our passed appetizers at our table during dinner so we could have some too which I thought was nice. I would highly recommend this caterer.

• Wedding: 06/12/2010
4.8/5.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Marco Polo Caterers did an excellent job in handling the catering responsibilities for our wedding. Marcelo did a great job of being flexible and communicating with us as the planning changed and evolved. His knowledge, expertise, and patience helped to make our wedding day even more enjoyable because we were able to relax and be completely care free knowing that Marcelo and Marco Polo Caterers were there doing a great job. Thank you Marcelo!

• Wedding: 05/14/2010
4.4/5.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 3.0

Food and service day of were great. Xochitl is wonderful and I really felt at ease working with her. Unfortunately she was not the pesron in charge on the day of the wedding. I found there to be some inflexibility with the timing of food service which wasted some valuable (and expensive) time at the venue. Otherwise great.

• Wedding: 10/04/2009
4.5/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.5
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We were quite happy with the food, and Marcelo Solari and his team took great care of us at our wedding. Several of our wedding guests remarked that my husband and I ate more than any bride or groom they’d ever seen. Their site manager even brought my husband seconds! I do regret that we ran out of the vegetarian option at the buffet before the last table (and one of our vegetarians) was served, I think because it was so warm and more people opted for the pasta than we expected.

I did feel like after we signed the contract and paid a substantial deposit, the response time between when I called or emailed and when I got a response did increase. It all worked out, and I actually had forgotten that, but I was frustrated at the time. I don't think that's a reason not to use them, but it might be helpful to know going in.

• Wedding: 07/26/2009
4.7/5.0
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.0

I can not say enough good things about Maro Polo Caterers. They did a great job of getting what I wanted on the menu, and making it taste great. Very excellent staff, all went above and beyond the necessities of their jobs, and had great work ethics. Although it was a bit pricey, I feel as though the service received and phenomenal food made up for the extra cost.

• Wedding: 07/10/2009
4.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

On the whole, Marco Polo was great to work with. There were a few times that I felt my questions/concerns weren't being addressed in a timely manner during the planning stages, but then I insisted on conducting all business via email. If there had been something urgent enough for me to pick up the phone, I'm sure it would have been addressed promptly. Also there were some small issues during the reception -- two bartenders were booked and only one was there on the day of (though that one did a very good job), and also we had a problem where a screen fell over on a guest and the personnel were not very polite in addressing the injured guest. The supervisor quickly handled it, however. I thought Marco Polo was a good value for the food and services provided. Of our venue's approved caterers, they were among the least expensive. The food was basic, but delicious and well-presented.

• Wedding: 05/16/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Xochitl and her team at Marco Polo Caterers were WONDERFUL! They made our wedding a dream come true. We had many email exchanges and a few in-person meetings so everything was set for our plated dinner reception. Not only did they provide delicious food, they also provided all the tables, chairs and linens for the entire event. They color coordinated with our wedding colors, and added special details like bunching of the table linens and candles on the tables, which added a beautiful touch. Every since detail was above and beyond outstanding. The team accomodated all of our requests, and I could not even believe how smoothly everything ran. Several guests commented on how great our caterers were. I highly recommend Xochitl and her team!!

• Wedding: 05/08/2009
703-281-3922
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire