Maravela's

Maravela's

Tasty food & friendly service since 1982!

4 Washington Street

Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

They are very easy to get a hold of and send very detailed emails with charts that are easy to understand what you are spending your money on (down to the smallest detail). Which I loved! They are flexible and easy to work with. The linens they provided were beautiful, they even decorated the buffet table to go with my country rustic theme. They really went above and beyond! The food was wonderful, I heard many wonderful things from my guests. So glad we chose them to cater!

Hi Vicky,

Thank you for taking time to write such wonderful words about our staff and company. We are always so glad to hear feedback from our brides. It was a joy working with you and your mother. Best wishes to you all!

-Maria and the Maravela's Staff

• Wedding: 08/02/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Maravela's was by far the most outstanding caterer we could have had at our wedding. The food was delicious, the service was impeccable, and the help with tear down at the end of the night was amazing. We were married at the Byron Colby Barn where all set up and tear down is done by family and friends. Maravela's came in the morning of to set up all tables, linens and china. Maria at Maravela's helped to make our day seamless and her staff was so easy to work with. Couldn't be happier to have worked with them! Would recommend to anyone!

Danielle,

Thank you for the kind words. We couldn't be happier that we got to be a part of your special day. It's our job to make things easy for you so you can enjoy and remember all of those special moments. Congratulations to you and your new husband!!

From all of us here at Maravela's!

• Wedding: 05/10/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Maravela's was exceptional. We had the ceremony and reception here and things couldn't have went smoother. They worked with all my vendors without any issues. All my emails, phone calls, and questions were answered promptly. The food was amazing, the price was amazing, everything was set up the way I wanted it and Maria made sure everything flowed as it was supposed to on our wedding day. From beginning to end Maria had everything covered as my day of coordinator and more! I would definitely recommend Maravela's for any event!

Maravela's responded with the following comments:

Thank you for the kind words Melissa! We can't thank you enough for choosing us to be a part of your special day. It was absolutely wonderful working with you and your new husband. We wish you all the best!

-Maria and the Maravela's Staff

• Wedding: 03/02/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Maria made it so I truly had nothing to worry about!! Such a wonderful company and I wish you all the best of luck!!! Thank you for being such a fantastic company!!!

Maravela's responded with the following comments:

Thanks for taking the time to write such a great review! We appreciate it and look forward to working with you again the next time you need catering/banquets. Best Regards, Maria.

• Wedding: 03/01/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Maravela's did such a wonderful job catering our wedding and their food was delicious! We had a buffet style dinner and the food was perfect temperature. We had the beef carving station, stuffed shells with alfredo sauce and chicken vesuvio as our main dishes. All of the sides we had were to die for, especially the mashed potatoes and gravy! All of our guests really enjoyed their dinner. For dessert we had delicious brownies that my wife absolutely loved! Maria and her staff were all so helpful and friendly, they made planning our wedding a breeze when it came to catering. Overall, Maravela's is a wonderful company with awesome food, reasonable prices and a very friendly staff!

• Wedding: 01/18/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Everyone LOVED our food! Maria was wonderful and easy to work with!

• Flexibility: 5.0

AMAZING!!!!!!!! We were so HAPPY. We had our wedding reception here and the food was delicious. All of our guest enjoyed the food so much and even had seconds! The service was fantastic and the entire wedding reception was fabulous. They did a great job with decoration and the tables looked beautiful. Maria was so sweet and very nice to work with. She made sure everything went smoothly and we have no complaints at all. This is an AWESOME wedding venue and i would reccomend this place to anyone looking for great service, beautiful venue and EXCELLENT tasting food.

• Wedding: 09/06/2013
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We loved Maravela's! They were so friendly and accommodating. Maria was especially great to work with. They had lots of options and helped fit everything we wanted into our budget.

The food was delicious both at the tasting and the wedding! My husband and I two meals boxed to go with us when we left, and I'm so glad we did since I did not get to eat much during the reception.

The service was very professional and the staff was great to work with during the reception. They brought in tables and set up all the place settings two days before the wedding which was so helpful in preparations. They even decorated the buffet table with flowers that matched my wedding colors perfectly. Would highly recommend them!

4.9/5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

All I can say is if my new husband and I could give more than 4 stars we would.Everyone connected to our wedding was FANTASTIC,the food,bartenders,waitstaff and of course the Maravela family for knowing how to pull it all together-a memory we wish could do over and over again-extremly happy with the service.

AMAZING!!!
Maravela's was my favorite vendor to work with, Maria is wonderful and treated us with outstanding service. Personal and professional!!

Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We absolutely loved our wedding reception at Maravela's. The food and service was outstanding and working with Maria was wonderful. Thank you!!!

• Wedding: 10/27/2012
Terri
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Maravela's set up a lovely buffet lunch for my wedding. The food was good, the staff was very attentive and friendly, and they really kept things running smoothly. They were great about being flexible about needing an extra table, or shifting the tables around to accommodate a band. Really really great experience, and reasonably priced. I would ABSOLUTELY hire them again for any event requiring smooth service and tasty food :)

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had a great experience with Maria and her staff. Had our wedding on Aug 17, 2012 received the best service from owner to staff. My husband and I had been there New Years eve prior to our wedding Loved the event they really know what they are doing. As for the food everyone of our invite loved it, and severed on time not like many weddings you wait for ever to eat, and it arrives cold. Maravela has the best in all areas. We will use them again if ever another large event comes up. As for our Cake was included in our price and it was to die for!
Thank you Mary and staff!
Love Kollar family.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Services Used: Band, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Dress & Attire, Entertainer, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Favors & Gifts, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Party Supplies, Transportation, Travel, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Diane K
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Maravela's was a pleasure to work with and did a fantastic job at our wedding. From the very beginning, they showed genuine interest in our desires and were open to customizing the menu to meet our needs. We had a pig roast, teriyaki and sweet and sour chicken as main course (luau buffet menu). Maria was helpful with selection of the food, quantities and very flexible to changes. Maravela's has an extensive selection of table linens, and Maria was extremely helpful in offerring us options that fit our theme and venue. On the wedding day, Patrick, the head server, lead a very professional and courteous staff. The set up was smooth, and their experience with catering showed throughout the event - they aniticipated our needs and the needs of our guest and we never had to ask for anything. Our friends and family gave many nice compliments on the delicious food and the service - which was also a very good value. We were very pleased with every aspect of the experience and highly recommend Maravela's catering.

• Wedding: 11/11/2011
Tanya
4.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Would definitely recommend. Food was really good at a really reasonable price. We had an appetizer buffet, no sit down dinner, and they were totally flexible with us. Only critique is that they stopped butler serving our appetizers when we asked them to do it the whole time we were at pictures.

• Wedding: 10/07/2011
4.8/5.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Maria and the Maravela's crew are absolutely WONDERFUL!!!
She took care of so much and went out of her way to do some things!
The food was amazing!!!
I am very happy that i booked my reception here

• Wedding: 08/27/2011
847-587-6100
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards