Maplewood Country Club

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
Recently Married

Have your wedding at the Maplewood Country Club and you'll be treated like royalty! The venue is beautiful, stylish, warm, welcoming and spotlessly clean. The living room fireplace mantel can be adorned with any photo theme you choose ~ vintage family weddings, photos of you and your sweetheart growing up, present day, etc. Your guests will love walking around the spacious adjoining rooms that flow from the living room, the bar and the patio ... all while enjoying a fantastic cocktail hour. The food is amazing! The variety is outstanding - delicious and plentiful. Our guests are still talking about it. The ballroom is classically beautiful with two magnificent chandeliers and marble tiled dance floor, the night seemed magical. The assistant manager is a pleasure to work with, no request is too big. The staff will take care of you and your guests from start to finish. Have your wedding here, you will be very happy!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

My daughter's wedding at Maplewood Country Club was awesome. They helped us every step of the way from the time we booked the wedding last year until the day of the wedding. The guests loved everything!! They loved the food, thought the service was awesome and loved the outdoor space. Not all venues can offer all three--my daughter wanted to be able to have outdoor space and not have guests feel like they were stuck in a building for 5 hours. I cannot say enough about Michael and Weisser and the help we received whether through phone calls or emails we always got an immediate response. Maplewood is not your typical wedding factory. My husband and I have been to a few weddings in the past year and although they were nice they all had flaws. My family could not think of anything that went wrong that night!! I would not hesitate to go back and book another party. I wouldn't waste my money anywhere else knowing I can sit back and let them work their magic. The food doesn't compare to any venue I have been to in the past year. We can't say enough about Maplewood!! Love! Love! Love!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Where do I begin? We were ecstatic with our choice of Maplewood Country Club for our wedding ceremony and reception. It was even better than we could have imagined. The ceremony was beautiful and the room looked amazing. Weisser Millien (assistant manager/coordinator extraordinaire) was there every step of the way to be certain there wasn't one glitch. From providing food and drink to the bridesmaids in the bridal suite, to hiding the bride from the early arrivals, he was amazing! The cocktail hour was awesome with many stations and passed hors d'oeuvres as well. All our guests commented on how delicious it was. Dinner (filet mignon, sea bass, or stuffed chicken breast) was incredible. Who would think 186 dinners could be that perfect?! Then, as our guests were leaving at midnight, there were White Castle burgers, hot dogs, onion rings, and Good Humor ice cream! Wish we could do it all again! Love you Weisser!!!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake
1 person found this review helpful

I cannot say enough great things about Maplewood Country Club. My wedding was amazing!!! If you do not have your wedding at Maplewood Country Club, you are crazy. You will not find a better place, with better food, at a better cost than MCC. Let me tell you why – MCC knows how to throw a wedding. From the beginning stages of booking the venue, Weisser was nothing but flexible and easy to work with. He asked me to trust him with my wedding and it was one of the best decisions I have ever met in my life.
The menu MCC puts together is out of this world and EVERY single guest at my wedding (yes, all 230 of them) agree with me. Cocktail hour was full of food from their famous lamp chops, pizzas at the bar, sushi, and the best lobster raviolis I have ever tasted. The Italian and Chinese stations were such a hit, especially the Chinese stations because it was something different than your typical wedding. People were so full after cocktail hour that they barely had room in their stomachs for their entries. The filet mignon was the best I have ever tasted, trust me it was better than a steak at Ruths Chris. Now, here’s the scoop on the dessert, chocolate soufflé, passed baked goods on the dance floor (cake pops, other pastries), ice cream bars, hot dog stand, devil dogs and rings dings; you name it, Weisser made sure we had it – not to mention the delicious wedding cake and the white castle food served as guests were leaving! I am not exaggerating when I tell you that six weeks later and people are still talking about the food at my wedding. I am am begging friends to get married there so I can go back as a guest and eat all of this! Another amazing feature of MCC is their service. Their wait staff is TOP NOTCH. We had one server per table and these ladies and gentlemen were on top of everything all night long. Please have your wedding at MCC, I promise you will have the best night of your life!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We stumbled upon Maplewood Country Club after a disappointment at another venue. Everything happens for a reason!!! Maplewood Country Club created my dream wedding. The assistant manager, Weisser, is amazing and worked so hard to make our day perfect. Knowing he had everything under control put me at ease, and I didn't have to worry about a thing. Anything I asked of him, it was "no problem" or "don't worry about it", he had it all under control. The atmosphere was exactly what we wanted, with the beautiful backdrop of the golf course, creating the ideal pictures. The food was outstanding, from beginning to end, right down to the White Castle that guests could grab on their way out!! Everyone we speak to raves about our wedding, saying it was the best they've been to in years.

Recently Married

I recently had my wedding at MCC in early March 2015. We had 8 inches of snow the night before and the premises were cleared perfectly the next day for the event. MCC was the 3rd venue that we looked at and from the moment we walked in I knew that it was the right place for us. Michael Lusk and Weisser are so incredibly accommodating and can literally make anything happen. What they offered was so much more than I would have expected! The other 2 venues that we looked at were ok, but didn't seem personal. From the moment you walk in to MCC they treat you like family. The night of the wedding was perfect. Weisser was there every step of the way to fix my dress, grab by bouquet, wipe off my husband's forehead and when it came time to cut the cake he magically showed up with my husband's suit jacket and seamlessly helped us through. I can not say enough about MCC. There was not one flaw throughout the night and if there was, Weisser took care of it before I could even notice. I would recommend MCC to everyone. Our friends just booked MCC for their April 2016 wedding and I could not be more excited to attend as a guest and eat the food. We have been getting non stop text messages and phone calls about how phenomenal the food was. Thank you to MCC for giving us the perfect wedding!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

We had our wedding in November at the Maplewood Country Club and it was absolutely amazing! Weisser, the Maitre D' was great to work with and I always felt confident our wedding would go smoothly. The food was outstanding! It is now March and we still have guests talking about our wedding and the amazing cocktail hour! We did an extra hour and had white castle burgers and onion rings for when people left and all of our guests LOVED this!! People are still talking about how cozy the Maplewood Country Club is and it isnt your typical wedding venue with two big rooms. The different rooms make it feel like you are in someone's house. The firepits were also a great touch! I would definitely recommend Maplewood Country Club for your event! The service was impeccable and the food was amazing!! They truly made our wedding the best night of our lives!!

Erica
10/24/2014

I just got married here last week--and let me tell you, it was a DREAM WEDDING. This place is amazing. Weisser was an absolute pleasure to work with. He is very resourceful. He answered all my questions, and had every detail of my wedding perfected for me. The food is out of this world. We are still getting phone calls from our guests telling us how amazing everything was. The service they had, the food, the atmosphere. Was just absolutely perfect. There is no better way to describe it. If you are looking for a great place to have a wedding, that your guests will continue to talk about, and you know they mean it, MAPLEWOOD COUNTRY CLUB is where you need to go. You will not be disappointed. I will be referring this place to everyone, in hopes i get invited back! :)

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Maplewood Country Club was the PERFECT place to my have my wedding. 15 years ago I had the reception to my Bat Mitzvah here, and there are so many reasons why my husband and I decided to get married here. The club is just beautiful and the golf course grounds make for stunning photographs. The manager, Weisser Millien, is just amazing to work with. Every detail of the wedding (ceremony through cocktails through reception) was perfect. At one point during dinner, my 92 year old grandmother-in-law requested a specific food from cocktail hour, and Weisser happily fulfilled that request. Additionally, it was my mother-in-laws birthday. After we cut our wedding cake, a special birthday cake was brought out and all of our guests sang Happy Birthday. Our guests RAVED about the food (both quality and quantity) all night long. The food was ridiculous - beyond amazing. There was so many choices everywhere and people couldn't believe how delicious it was.
I am so grateful to Weisser and his staff at Maplewood Country Club for the stellar service, food, and all-over professionalism during the entire planning process and execution of my wedding.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Favors & Gifts, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake
10/17/2014

Our wedding could not have been more perfect at maplewood! The food was incredible our guests are still raving about it! The venue was gorgeous and unique compared to other venues we looked at in nj! Weisser made our wedding incredible and was there to answer our many questions over the course of the year. I cannot thank the staff enough for our incredible day!

Olivia
10/10/2014

I had my wedding at the Maplewood Country Club on Friday, October 10th and it was absolutely perfect. Weisser and his very attentive and caring team made sure we had our dream wedding. Everything went off without a hitch. From the moment we first met Weisser when we were looking for venues, we felt at ease and like we would be well taken care of. We came in for dinner a month before the wedding and got a preview of the food that would be served at the wedding. I had heard rumblings that the Country Club's food was really good, but it surpassed ALL my expectations. It was simply divine and there was no shortage of food. Everyone says you don't get to eat much at your own wedding, which was definitely true in our case and that's our only regret! I would have eaten more if I could! The pasta station during cocktail hour was a big hit and the lamb chops at the carving station during our dinner was second to none! The memory of the succulent lamb chops will live in my memory forever! EVERYONE was raving about the food.

I looked around online for venues before visiting the Maplewood Country Club, but this was the first venue we actually visited and it was love at first site. The decor is tasteful and modern without being overpowering - allowing us to add our own touches easily. We feel we got a great value - as our price per head covered use of the club (along with linens, glasses, etc), the open bar (all top shelf liquor), cocktail hour, dinner, cake AND dessert tables, which included a flambe station!! Weisser was beyond accommodating and helped us coordinate the signature cocktails we featured (which were a big hit and truly delicious). He gave great suggestions on table coordination, outside vendors and more.

Another highlight was the outdoor terrace with lit firepits with comfy chairs around it. The guests really loved sitting out there throughout the night.

I only wish the night didn't go by so fast, but I know it's the mark of a truly great wedding!!

Recently Married

UNBELIEVABLE. That is the only word to describe how amazing our wedding at Maplewood Country Club was. I literally cannot say enough good thing about the wedding that we had!!! Anyone who is looking for a venue needs to go here. The cocktail hour was like none we've ever seen. Our guests have been raving about the vast selection and how delicious everything was. From the cocktail hour, to the dinner, to the deserts to "late night" snacks, Maplewood goes above and beyond. Anything that we requested, they made happen. We requested a certain type of beer and liquor and it was stocked for us. The venue space is spread out so your guests aren't crammed into 1 small room during cocktail hour. You get to spread out and have the entire 1st floor of the club. Maplewood allowed my bridal party to come as early as we needed for hair and makeup. Weisser, the assistant GM, is great and so knowledgable about how to run the perfect wedding. The entire staff made sure we were taken care of throughout the entire day. If you are looking for a venue, go straight here. Don't waste your time checking out other places. The best wedding I could have asked for!!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

Wow!
My son and daughter in law got married last Sunday and what an amazing wedding it was!
This was our 3rd affair at Maplewood, 2 Bar Mitzvahs and a wedding. We couldn't be happier!
They are consistently fantastic.
The staff and food were amazing as usual. There was nothing missing. The phone calls have not stopped from our family and friends, raving about how great the wedding was.
We have family memories in the catering business and they are still in awe from the beautiful venue, quality of food and terrific service.
Weisser couldn't do enough for us, to make this special day, extremely memorable and enjoyable.
Thank you Michael and Weisser!!!!
Alyse & Ed

HEN-SEY
08/16/2014

After checking out 8-10 wedding venues in north / central NJ, I was pleasantly surprised when I set foot into MCC. From the beginning, they were extremely flexible and accommodating. Weisser made us feel so at home, even as non-members of the club. He was helpful and responsive throughout the year prior to our wedding. The wedding day was perfect. Weisser, Michael, and the staff were extremely attentive and we will be forever grateful.

I think more and more people are finding out about this hidden gem. As a heads up, if want want to have a Saturday night wedding during wedding season, you probably need to book over a year in advance.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding was absolutely perfect, thanks to Weisser Millien, the assistant general manager at Maplewood Country Club, and the rest of his amazing staff. From the very beginning of the planning process, Weisser made us feel at home and made the choice to book there an easy one. He was accommodating from the start, and his energy and effervescent personality alone set Maplewood above all the others we visited. Weisser was in touch constantly, always prompt with responses and put us at ease during an exciting yet stressful time. Any possible wrench that could get thrown into the works was met with his trademark smile and “That’s not a problem!”

The food was spectacular, going so far beyond the standard chicken, prime rib and salmon. Everything we tasted — hors d’oeuvres during the cocktail hour, dinner entrees, not to mention the plethora of desserts — was beyond delicious. We just hope one of our friends or family members follows suit so we can enjoy all the food that we were too busy to partake in (but not to worry, fellow busy brides; Weisser will grab a plate of all the greatest stuff you missed out on and have it ready for you at your dinner table).

Maplewood Country Club is down to earth with an understated elegance that is just perfect. The ballroom is magnificent, with high ceilings, a gorgeous chandelier and an intimate charm unlike any other we’ve seen. There are so many reasons to get married there, but one of the biggest is that unlike numerous other venues, the country club only entertains one wedding at a time.

We were just blown away by how breathtakingly beautiful every aspect of our wedding was. It’s a month later and our guests are still showering us with compliments, saying that ours was the best wedding they have ever attended. A big thank you to Weisser and the entire Maplewood Country Club staff for making our wedding day the most wonderful, magical and downright awesome day of our lives.

Alyssa and Gavin Strube
Aug. 3, 2014

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I had our wedding at this stunning country club in July. Every little detail was breathtakingly beautiful and well-orchestrated. Weisser was our coordinator, and he was the MAN! He took care of everything, kept us informed, did everything we asked, and kept the party moving on a timeline. I don't know how there could be anyone better at his job! He's always smiling and full of infectious energy! The manager, Michael, also made sure we were happy and well-taken care of. He's a man who knows how to get things done the right way!

The venue itself is gorgeous, set on a golf course with stunning views and ample photo-friendly locales. The inside is old-world chic and classy! Beautiful staircase, open, airy ballroom, inviting cocktail areas and other cozy spots to relax!

The food was out of this world! Anything you could possibly imagine for a fantastic wedding day feast was one-upped by Maplewood's staff! The presentation was lovely and the food was delicious. They also offer some really cool ideas for food--vodka luge, ice cream bar, exit food (whitecastle... yes, it was a huge hit), and the cocktail hour stole the show!

The service by wait-staff was impeccable. This place is a well-oiled machine. Everything ran smoothly, and I would recommend Maplewood to anyone/everyone!

Our guests were literally blown away by everything (especially the food)! They are still talking about what an awesome time they had. We are forever indebted to MCC for making such a beautiful wedding fantasy our reality.

I can't say enough nice things about MCC, Weisser, and Michael Lusk. A huge thank you to them and to all the employees who helped make our night unforgettable! Well done and BRAVO!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake