Maplewood Country Club

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
Recently Married

I recently had my wedding at MCC in early March 2015. We had 8 inches of snow the night before and the premises were cleared perfectly the next day for the event. MCC was the 3rd venue that we looked at and from the moment we walked in I knew that it was the right place for us. Michael Lusk and Weisser are so incredibly accommodating and can literally make anything happen. What they offered was so much more than I would have expected! The other 2 venues that we looked at were ok, but didn't seem personal. From the moment you walk in to MCC they treat you like family. The night of the wedding was perfect. Weisser was there every step of the way to fix my dress, grab by bouquet, wipe off my husband's forehead and when it came time to cut the cake he magically showed up with my husband's suit jacket and seamlessly helped us through. I can not say enough about MCC. There was not one flaw throughout the night and if there was, Weisser took care of it before I could even notice. I would recommend MCC to everyone. Our friends just booked MCC for their April 2016 wedding and I could not be more excited to attend as a guest and eat the food. We have been getting non stop text messages and phone calls about how phenomenal the food was. Thank you to MCC for giving us the perfect wedding!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

We had our wedding in November at the Maplewood Country Club and it was absolutely amazing! Weisser, the Maitre D' was great to work with and I always felt confident our wedding would go smoothly. The food was outstanding! It is now March and we still have guests talking about our wedding and the amazing cocktail hour! We did an extra hour and had white castle burgers and onion rings for when people left and all of our guests LOVED this!! People are still talking about how cozy the Maplewood Country Club is and it isnt your typical wedding venue with two big rooms. The different rooms make it feel like you are in someone's house. The firepits were also a great touch! I would definitely recommend Maplewood Country Club for your event! The service was impeccable and the food was amazing!! They truly made our wedding the best night of our lives!!

Erica
10/24/2014

I just got married here last week--and let me tell you, it was a DREAM WEDDING. This place is amazing. Weisser was an absolute pleasure to work with. He is very resourceful. He answered all my questions, and had every detail of my wedding perfected for me. The food is out of this world. We are still getting phone calls from our guests telling us how amazing everything was. The service they had, the food, the atmosphere. Was just absolutely perfect. There is no better way to describe it. If you are looking for a great place to have a wedding, that your guests will continue to talk about, and you know they mean it, MAPLEWOOD COUNTRY CLUB is where you need to go. You will not be disappointed. I will be referring this place to everyone, in hopes i get invited back! :)

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Maplewood Country Club was the PERFECT place to my have my wedding. 15 years ago I had the reception to my Bat Mitzvah here, and there are so many reasons why my husband and I decided to get married here. The club is just beautiful and the golf course grounds make for stunning photographs. The manager, Weisser Millien, is just amazing to work with. Every detail of the wedding (ceremony through cocktails through reception) was perfect. At one point during dinner, my 92 year old grandmother-in-law requested a specific food from cocktail hour, and Weisser happily fulfilled that request. Additionally, it was my mother-in-laws birthday. After we cut our wedding cake, a special birthday cake was brought out and all of our guests sang Happy Birthday. Our guests RAVED about the food (both quality and quantity) all night long. The food was ridiculous - beyond amazing. There was so many choices everywhere and people couldn't believe how delicious it was.
I am so grateful to Weisser and his staff at Maplewood Country Club for the stellar service, food, and all-over professionalism during the entire planning process and execution of my wedding.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Favors & Gifts, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake
10/17/2014

Our wedding could not have been more perfect at maplewood! The food was incredible our guests are still raving about it! The venue was gorgeous and unique compared to other venues we looked at in nj! Weisser made our wedding incredible and was there to answer our many questions over the course of the year. I cannot thank the staff enough for our incredible day!

Olivia
1 Review
10/10/2014

I had my wedding at the Maplewood Country Club on Friday, October 10th and it was absolutely perfect. Weisser and his very attentive and caring team made sure we had our dream wedding. Everything went off without a hitch. From the moment we first met Weisser when we were looking for venues, we felt at ease and like we would be well taken care of. We came in for dinner a month before the wedding and got a preview of the food that would be served at the wedding. I had heard rumblings that the Country Club's food was really good, but it surpassed ALL my expectations. It was simply divine and there was no shortage of food. Everyone says you don't get to eat much at your own wedding, which was definitely true in our case and that's our only regret! I would have eaten more if I could! The pasta station during cocktail hour was a big hit and the lamb chops at the carving station during our dinner was second to none! The memory of the succulent lamb chops will live in my memory forever! EVERYONE was raving about the food.

I looked around online for venues before visiting the Maplewood Country Club, but this was the first venue we actually visited and it was love at first site. The decor is tasteful and modern without being overpowering - allowing us to add our own touches easily. We feel we got a great value - as our price per head covered use of the club (along with linens, glasses, etc), the open bar (all top shelf liquor), cocktail hour, dinner, cake AND dessert tables, which included a flambe station!! Weisser was beyond accommodating and helped us coordinate the signature cocktails we featured (which were a big hit and truly delicious). He gave great suggestions on table coordination, outside vendors and more.

Another highlight was the outdoor terrace with lit firepits with comfy chairs around it. The guests really loved sitting out there throughout the night.

I only wish the night didn't go by so fast, but I know it's the mark of a truly great wedding!!

1 Review
Recently Married

UNBELIEVABLE. That is the only word to describe how amazing our wedding at Maplewood Country Club was. I literally cannot say enough good thing about the wedding that we had!!! Anyone who is looking for a venue needs to go here. The cocktail hour was like none we've ever seen. Our guests have been raving about the vast selection and how delicious everything was. From the cocktail hour, to the dinner, to the deserts to "late night" snacks, Maplewood goes above and beyond. Anything that we requested, they made happen. We requested a certain type of beer and liquor and it was stocked for us. The venue space is spread out so your guests aren't crammed into 1 small room during cocktail hour. You get to spread out and have the entire 1st floor of the club. Maplewood allowed my bridal party to come as early as we needed for hair and makeup. Weisser, the assistant GM, is great and so knowledgable about how to run the perfect wedding. The entire staff made sure we were taken care of throughout the entire day. If you are looking for a venue, go straight here. Don't waste your time checking out other places. The best wedding I could have asked for!!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

Wow!
My son and daughter in law got married last Sunday and what an amazing wedding it was!
This was our 3rd affair at Maplewood, 2 Bar Mitzvahs and a wedding. We couldn't be happier!
They are consistently fantastic.
The staff and food were amazing as usual. There was nothing missing. The phone calls have not stopped from our family and friends, raving about how great the wedding was.
We have family memories in the catering business and they are still in awe from the beautiful venue, quality of food and terrific service.
Weisser couldn't do enough for us, to make this special day, extremely memorable and enjoyable.
Thank you Michael and Weisser!!!!
Alyse & Ed

HEN-SEY
08/16/2014

After checking out 8-10 wedding venues in north / central NJ, I was pleasantly surprised when I set foot into MCC. From the beginning, they were extremely flexible and accommodating. Weisser made us feel so at home, even as non-members of the club. He was helpful and responsive throughout the year prior to our wedding. The wedding day was perfect. Weisser, Michael, and the staff were extremely attentive and we will be forever grateful.

I think more and more people are finding out about this hidden gem. As a heads up, if want want to have a Saturday night wedding during wedding season, you probably need to book over a year in advance.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding was absolutely perfect, thanks to Weisser Millien, the assistant general manager at Maplewood Country Club, and the rest of his amazing staff. From the very beginning of the planning process, Weisser made us feel at home and made the choice to book there an easy one. He was accommodating from the start, and his energy and effervescent personality alone set Maplewood above all the others we visited. Weisser was in touch constantly, always prompt with responses and put us at ease during an exciting yet stressful time. Any possible wrench that could get thrown into the works was met with his trademark smile and “That’s not a problem!”

The food was spectacular, going so far beyond the standard chicken, prime rib and salmon. Everything we tasted — hors d’oeuvres during the cocktail hour, dinner entrees, not to mention the plethora of desserts — was beyond delicious. We just hope one of our friends or family members follows suit so we can enjoy all the food that we were too busy to partake in (but not to worry, fellow busy brides; Weisser will grab a plate of all the greatest stuff you missed out on and have it ready for you at your dinner table).

Maplewood Country Club is down to earth with an understated elegance that is just perfect. The ballroom is magnificent, with high ceilings, a gorgeous chandelier and an intimate charm unlike any other we’ve seen. There are so many reasons to get married there, but one of the biggest is that unlike numerous other venues, the country club only entertains one wedding at a time.

We were just blown away by how breathtakingly beautiful every aspect of our wedding was. It’s a month later and our guests are still showering us with compliments, saying that ours was the best wedding they have ever attended. A big thank you to Weisser and the entire Maplewood Country Club staff for making our wedding day the most wonderful, magical and downright awesome day of our lives.

Alyssa and Gavin Strube
Aug. 3, 2014

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I had our wedding at this stunning country club in July. Every little detail was breathtakingly beautiful and well-orchestrated. Weisser was our coordinator, and he was the MAN! He took care of everything, kept us informed, did everything we asked, and kept the party moving on a timeline. I don't know how there could be anyone better at his job! He's always smiling and full of infectious energy! The manager, Michael, also made sure we were happy and well-taken care of. He's a man who knows how to get things done the right way!

The venue itself is gorgeous, set on a golf course with stunning views and ample photo-friendly locales. The inside is old-world chic and classy! Beautiful staircase, open, airy ballroom, inviting cocktail areas and other cozy spots to relax!

The food was out of this world! Anything you could possibly imagine for a fantastic wedding day feast was one-upped by Maplewood's staff! The presentation was lovely and the food was delicious. They also offer some really cool ideas for food--vodka luge, ice cream bar, exit food (whitecastle... yes, it was a huge hit), and the cocktail hour stole the show!

The service by wait-staff was impeccable. This place is a well-oiled machine. Everything ran smoothly, and I would recommend Maplewood to anyone/everyone!

Our guests were literally blown away by everything (especially the food)! They are still talking about what an awesome time they had. We are forever indebted to MCC for making such a beautiful wedding fantasy our reality.

I can't say enough nice things about MCC, Weisser, and Michael Lusk. A huge thank you to them and to all the employees who helped make our night unforgettable! Well done and BRAVO!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake
Denisse
07/18/2014

My husband Joe and I had our wedding at the Maplewood Country Club on July 2014 and we cannot say enough amazing things about this place and the wonderful people who work here! It has been two and a half weeks since our wedding and our friends and family are still telling us it was the best wedding they have ever been to! Talking about the delicious food, refreshing drinks, beautiful venue and engaging staff.
We started looking at venues about a year before our special date and we saw a few places before coming to the MCC and weren't thrilled with any of them. However, as soon as we met Weisser we knew we were in good hands. Not only was he very approachable but he made us feel like our wedding was the most important event of the year! From having the personal food tasting with him, yes personal - not a 100 table event, but a table of 6 (we brought my parents with sister and brother in law) sitting directly with Weisser showed us only again his attention to detail.

Food is still today a discussion item that blew everyone away! Not only was it tasty and delicious but an incredible variety!

It was really amazing working with someone who obviously loves what they do and genuinely cares about the couples and making their day special. We highly recommend Maplewood Country Club because it offers more than a place to celebrate an event, it offers an experience where memories can be cherished. Maplewood Country Club is truly New Jersey's hidden gem for your special day to remember!

Joe & Denisse

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

From the moment I walked into the Maplewood Country Club, I knew this venue was the perfect choice. We first worked with Mike who was so kind and did a great job answering all the questions we had. We booked with the Maplewood and the day of our wedding, we couldn't have picked a more perfect place. Everything was so excellent and Weisser was so wonderful to work with. He made sure every detail was perfect. I loved everything about our wedding and have ZERO complaints about our venue. Everything was absolutely delicious. I do not like fish but we put the Chilean Sea Bass on our menu and my husband got it. I tried it and it was amazing!! Weisser was so wonderful to work with. He was there every step of everything and didn't miss anything. Even when my husband smashed cake in my face, Weisser was right there with a napkin haha. It was awesome. Our guests are still raving about the food from our wedding. It was wonderful. We had family who said they have never been to a wedding like ours and it was fabulous!! We highly recommend this venue to any bride! People came to me saying they wanted to have their wedding there. Such a magical place! Thank you Weisser and all the staff at Maplewood Country Club for exceeding our expectations and making our wedding so wonderful!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

WOW sums it up!!Our daughter just got married there on June 13, 2014 and what an amazing experience it was!!!! EVERYTHING was just perfect, Weisser is your man!.The feed back we got back from EVERYONE was unbelievable, they rated her wedding an 11. Off the charts. I would want the rest of my children to be married there.

Recently Married

If you want the most incredible wedding then look no further! Let me start off by thanking Weisser and his unbelievable staff, every single person went above and beyond in everything they did. THE FOOD IS OUTRAGEOUS. Our guests are still talking about our food.. from cocktail hour to dinner, the dessert spread (ice cream cart!!) to the end of the night treats as you walked out the door. The venue to beautiful and elegant and we really had the wedding of our dreams.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding at Maplewood Country Club on May 25, 2014 and it was the most perfect day! Upon meeting Weisser, I knew we were in good hands and I was calm and relaxed the whole day/night. Any questions or requests I had were answered right away. Weisser is just a pleasure to work with.
The great thing about Maplewood is that there is only one venue at a time. We had the whole day to get ready in the bridal suite, we got married there and had the BEST reception!
All of our guest raved about the food. The cocktail hour was to die for, the dinner was excellent and to top everything off the dessert was delicious!
If you want an incredible experience with the best food you will ever have, look no further. I highly recommend Maplewood Country Club and hope I know someone who will get married there so I can enjoy it as a guest!