Makeup Artistry by Tish

4.7
Value
Flexibility
Recently Married

Tish was friendly, attentive, and professional. She is talented and a expert on her craft. Not only did she do beautiful applications during my trial and day of but she explained why she was choosing cetrain colors and types of makeup for my face. My pictures are FLAWLESS because of her. Tish was definitely my good luck charm on my special day!

Jenny
10/04/2014

I found Tish on a google search for nearby makeup artists that specialized in airbrushing. She was easy to get in touch with and we set up an appointment for a trial meeting. As soon as I walked into her studio we were talking like old friends and laughing. I showed her a few pictures of what I liked and she worked her magic and created exactly what I was hoping for. It was no question that I booked her for my wedding that instant. She showed up on site for my wedding on time and in a great mood. She was her usual happy, warm self and met all the bridesmaids and kept my nerves calm. She not only is an amazing makeup artist but also an amazing person!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Tish made me look amazing for my wedding day! I got my make-up done at 3pm and it lasted until the end of night (midnight) with no touch ups needed.

1+ year ago

I was recommended to Tish by a friend and I'm thankful for the recommendation. I used Tish for my bridal portraits and wedding day - she had me looking nothing short of amazing. She was extremely professional and detailed oriented with her craft, without a doubt I will use and recommend her services in the future.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Tish was wonderful to work with from start to finish! Although I was attending a Marine Corps Ball, and not a wedding, as well as booking an appointment for just myself, she was quick to respond and helpful in coordinating a time that gelled with both of our schedules! Her application was flawless, and came out better than I could have imagined-If only I could carry her around in my makeup bag!! I have no doubt she could execute the perfect look regardless of your event or desire, and she is dear to work with! I will DEFINITELY return, and recommend her to anyone and everyone even thinking of having their makeup professionally done!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Tish did a beautiful job on my makeup! She listened to my needs created the look that I was looking for.

1+ year ago
1.4

I was very excited when I found Tish, my sister-in-law actually found her and we were impressed by her indian wedding makeup photos and we were both excited to get our makeup done. I searched at least 6 months to find a artist that would be able to do our wedding. Most businesses turned me down because the size of my party was small. We didn't have the traditional bridesmaids/maid of honor etc etc. So when Tish responded we were excited. Due to being in and out of the dr's I had to continue rescheduling our trial date, it was hard to find the time in my schedule and having it match up with her's. Which that wasn't her fault and she was very accommodating when it came to find the time. The trial time unfortunately wasn't scheduled until 5 days before the wedding (it was the only time we could do it). But the night before the trial I get an email from her telling me that she had to cancel and couldn't do my wedding. She offered to refund my deposit but didn't do anything else to help me out. She canceled 5 days before my wedding. She didn't have a back-up plan or anything, I was extremely upset about her leaving me high and dry with nothing but a refund. I would not recommend her to a friend or family. This is not how you run a business.

Makeup Artistry by Tish responded with the following comments:

My contract states that in the event I have to cancel a wedding for an unforeseeable reason I will refund all monies, which is what I did. It does not state that I am obligated to find the client another artist.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Great service... Highly recommend!!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Tish this a wonderful job. I loved my makeup and everyone in the party looked great as well. I loved my makeup.

Anonymous
2+ years ago

I was extremely pleased with Tish! She was very professional and did such a great job on my makeup. I would def recommend her to anyone!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Tish was amazing. She was very experienced, very professional and did exactly what I wanted. I didn't want to look too over the top for my wedding and she did an outstanding job of making me look and feel absolutely beautiful for my big day while still giving me a natural look. She does some costume makeup as well so I was a little nervous by looking at pictures on her website but there is absolutely not reason to be nervous at all. She knows how to do anything. I recommend doing a "trial run" before the wedding. We did this a few weeks earlier and it allowed her to get to know me and my desired "look". I wanted to change the color of my eye shadow and she was willing to go back and revise it. I wouldn't ever look to use anyone else after using her for my wedding. Can't say enough positive things about her.

Nakeina
03/09/2013

I cant say enough about Tish and her work. I went to the bridal trial about a month before my event and was blown away by her skills. She was fantastic. I have a bit of scarring and was able to walk away from the trail with flawless skin. She works well with your ideas and hits them spot on. My MOH and MOB also received makeup on the day of the event without a pretrial and also raved about the experience. My MOB has scarring left over from radiation treatment and Tish did her magic and covered the scarring completely. My mother was so emotionally overcome with joy. Everyone raved about how flawless we looked. The make up is not heavy, looks very natural, and wears all night long.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Tish is the best in town! Hands down she will always be my choice for being glammed up. She was professional and again just the best. Thank you so much for making me look like the best version of me on my big day!!

Stacy
11/10/2012

Ms. Perkins did the bridal makeup for myself and my entire bridal party. I would highly recommend her as she is extremely professional and GREAT at her job. Given that I experienced so much stress with other vendors leading up to my wedding it was absolutely refreshing to have someone so polite and professional. Every time I contacted her she responded quickly. I received countless compliments on the makeup at my wedding as well as the trial run.

If you are considering Makeup Artistry by Tish I would advise you to look no further. She is wonderful!

2.6

Tish is a highly talented artist; I had a trial with her and she did a great job.

We had signed an agreement, I paid my deposit, and then four days before my wedding she told me she had to cancel (some family related event she wanted to go to).

So although she was pleasant to be around and did great work, I just caution you that she is not 100% reliable, at least in my experience.

She also recommended another MUA to contact in her stead but didn't even check to see first if that MUA was free (I contacted her and she was already booked). That just left a bad taste in my mouth.

Luckily I scrambled and found someone else to do make-up on my wedding day for me and my bridesmaids and mother-in-law. It really stressed me out to have to scramble like that at the last minute though.

I understand family events come up and you want to be there to support them, but I also think a wedding is a once in a lifetime event and to cancel at the last minute is not professional.

Though Tish said she was sorry she also flaked at the last minute (bottom line). So just beware that that is possible for you, too.

Makeup Artistry by Tish responded with the following comments:

My contract states that in the event I have to cancel a wedding I will refund all monies. I am not obligated to find the client another artist. My recommendation was me wanting to offer a kind gesture. It also wasn't just any family event. My husband had been informed he was being honored as Engineer of the Year and he wanted me there with him to receive this honor. The event was out of town thus preventing me from doing the wedding. I gave my sincere apologies to the client and again refunded all monies.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Tish was amaizing, she arrived ontime was extremely professional and performed an outstanding job. She made my day remarkable. She transformed me into the world's most beautiful bride and moments. I loved my makeup and the make up of my bridesmaids.

I highly recommend Tish to all brides out there....

Love you Tish!!!