Main Event Caterers

Main Event Caterers

Creating Delicious

3870 S Four Mile Run Drive
Arlington, VA 22206 | map
Catering services: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Family Style, French Ser...
Maximum capacity: 2500
Bar services: Cash Bar, Limited Bar, Open Bar
Alcohol services: Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Premium Liq...
Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
(4.9 / 5.0)
Value:
Flexibility:
(4.9 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I am very happy that I retained Main Event caterers for my wedding reception. I sampled menus from two other area caterers with similar price points, but none could compare to Main Event. Their menu options are astounding and they can modify according to special requests. I wanted hints of Persian flavors in my buffet menu and I got just that with dishes like pistachio rice pilaf and pomegranate-glazed carrots. They also had fantastic vegetarian options--I absolutely loved their eggplant entrée. And there are no words to describe how perfectly cooked and seasoned their roasted lamb loin and chicken entrees were. They also accommodated my request to have a warm apple cider bar for our colder than usual fall wedding. Planning a wedding reception can be a pretty daunting task on your own and Main Event made sure that our plans were executed perfectly. Our event coordinator was Spencer McCormack and he was a delight to work with. He made such helpful suggestions throughout the planning process and I felt comforted knowing that he had planned hundreds of weddings at the venue we chose. The catering team did a fantastic job with the food, set-up, break-down and even boxed up the few remaining leftovers for my family to take home. My family and friends are still raving about the food! I highly recommend Main Event.

• Wedding: 11/15/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I love Main Event! I worked with Spencer and his team and really couldn't be happier with both the process of getting everything together, as well as the final result on our wedding day. They are super responsive, professional and definitely get to know you throughout the planning. They have a really cool studio where you go for the tasting (which was spectacular!) and they have rental samples on-site (linens, flatware, chargers, etc.).

Our food was delicious and really reasonably priced for what you get. We had a seasonal menu (fall) that had really personal touches throughout, like apple cider to warm everyone on a cold day. Delicious beef, chicken, and roasted veggies—my vegetarian and meat-eating guests were all happy.

We heard so many compliments on the food—even from extremely tough critics, during dinner and all night long. They were accommodating and fun/easy to work with. Spencer is a gem. Highly recommend!

• Wedding: 11/08/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Main Event lived up to all the promises made during this process. We went to our tasting and was blown away right from the beginning. Their attention to detail is fantastic, and they are absolutely flexible. We mixed and matched our menu options, and added a pasta course with sauce provided by the grooms father as part of a family tradition, and no one even batted an eye. They are incredibly responsive, every question and email was answered immediately. The food on the day of the wedding was exactly what we had tasted during our tasting over a year before. Everyone there on the day of the wedding was a perfect professional, they were kind, courteous and helpful and did a great job ensuring all our guests had everything they need. If you are looking for restaurant quality food at a great value, Main Event is your caterer.

• Wedding: 11/01/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Wow! Spencer was amazing at working with us to come up with a proposal that would meet our budget. We were so impressed with Jack and his staff at the event. He made sure everything ran smoothly and in a timely fashion. The food was amazing. AMAZING! Everyone at the wedding was raving about how it was "the best food they have ever had at a wedding." Choose Main Event Catering. You will not regret it!

• Wedding: 10/25/2014
Justin
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We used Main Event for our wedding in Washington, DC on 10/25/14. Our event designer (Spencer) was incredibly helpful and provided ideas and a menu from which we could design a buffet-style dinner that suited our wedding perfectly. The wait staff at the event were perfect -- not only at ensuring that everything ran smoothly with the catering, but also worked to keep us on track with our schedule. Finally (and perhaps most importantly) we got tons of compliments on the food. Many guests were traveling from North Carolina, so we had a "southern chic" cuisine, which included southern honey fried chicken and the best mac and cheese we've ever had. Highly recommended.

• Wedding: 10/25/2014
Nathan
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Main Event Catered wedding of my best friend Nadia at Rose Hill Manor in Leesburg, VA

Setting looked so elegant, room looked immaculate
the food during both the post - ceremony cocktail hour as well as buffet was absolutely superb
Everyone is still raving about the food.
Main Event Staff who served us were All very polite and kind. Especially Launy, Jahn and Eddie were so helpful, capable and provided us an amazing service.

I would highly recommended Main Event Caterers to anyone !

• Wedding: 10/12/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Main Event Catering did an absolute wonderful job for my wedding. They literally took care of everything, the food was amazing and the service was great!! I highly recommend them!

• Wedding: 10/12/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had the absolute greatest experience with Main Event Caterers and would definitely recommend them to anyone who is looking at catering companies in the DC area for a wedding or any other event! Our event coordinator was Spencer McCormack and he was so incredibly organized, professional, creative and helpful! He was very experienced with our particular venue (The Meridian House) and had so many great ideas about staging and flow, and I am so happy we worked with him because everything on the day of was perfect! The caterering staff was very attentive and my husband and I even had our own waiter, Jack, who was responsible for making sure we got enough food and drink since we were running around trying to talk to everyone. All of our guests commented on how delicious the appetizers and dinner were, and the portions for dinner were quite large so everyone was happy and full! We had them provide our cake, which was beautiful and delicious, and we also did a dessert bar with mini pastries which our guests loved! We could not have been happier with our selection of Main Event, and we definitely will use them again in the future!

• Wedding: 10/04/2014
Services Used: Catering, Wedding Cake
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Main Event did a fantastic job at our wedding. All the details went smoothly and everybody complimented the food. They also provided us a shadow server to get make sure the two of us got everything we needed throughout the night. We worked mainly with Elizabeth during pre-wedding preparations and Michelle was present to oversee the wedding itself. Both were very professional, easy to work with, and helpful when we were making our decisions. They were even able to adjust without any problem when we wound up running late due to a slightly delayed ceremony. Overall, we could not be happier with our choice and would recommend Main Event to anyone.

• Wedding: 09/27/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our wedding was flawless and now nearly a month beyond our day, we are still receiving compliments about the quality of the food and the exceptional level of service from our guests. Meg Terry was our coordinator and I can not say enough glowing things about her level of attention to detail and willingness to happily work with a bride (me) who is a little not traditional and on a very small budget. Never once was I treated as if I were not important and you could not tell that we had a budget wedding. The menu was stunningly delicious, the personal attention before - especially during - and after was supreme.
The set-up and layout of our event was gorgeous and I never once felt that there would be a problem.
This is not a caterer that will charge silly fees. Bring your own cake, provide your own bar - they will make it work without making you go broke.
I hope that I will have a reason to throw a large catered event just to have the chance to work with Main Event again.
I highly recommend this company.

• Wedding: 09/20/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Main Event Caterers were our number one choice when we looked at caterers for our wedding! From the moment we met with Scotlyn and Liz, it was clear that they understood what we wanted and would be able to provide fantastic food for our wedding. They were extremely professional, attentive, and helped us make sure our wedding was fantastic. All of our guests raved about the food!

• Wedding: 09/14/2014
Carolina
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Main Events was my favorite vendor to work with in the wedding process. Spencer was very helpful with all his knowledge especially about our venue (Woodend) but also kept it a fun experience and the entire staff was very responsive to emails. In regards to the day of, all the tables looked beautiful, staff was flawless and the food was delicious. We received a lot of positive comments about the pie and pretzel bars. Would definitely recommend to other. Organized, creative and professional. Thanks!

• Wedding: 09/13/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

They were great!!!!!! I worked with Spencer and he was so helpful, and had a fun personality. Definitely a great caterer to work with!!

• Wedding: 09/06/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Main Event truly excelled in their service the day of our wedding. While we had a few hiccups leading up to the wedding day (our original event designer left the company so we had some issues during the transition but our new coordinator, Andrea, quickly resolved those issues), Main Event exceeded our expectations on our wedding day. All the staff on site were professional and friendly and set-up and clean-up was a breeze. Our personal server was attentive and helpful, making sure we were well taken care of. Everything ran on time and was as we had planned -- super easy!

• Wedding: Recently Married
ShujandNed
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I would wholeheartedly recommend Main Event to any brides and grooms searching in the area, without any reservations! They are responsive, flexible, generous, and have very respectful, kind, and fun staff members! Our wedding was literally perfect thanks to Main Event–I really can't thank them enough! Meg T was our Event Designer, and she is an absolute dream to work with!! Set up an appointment!!!!

• Wedding: 08/31/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We are so happy that we picked Main Event Caterers for our wedding last weekend at St. Francis Hall. Our guests can not stop raving about how amazing the food was--multiple times we heard this was the best wedding food the guests had ever had. Our planning was handled by Taylor Rose, who was extremely communicative and professional. She was a pleasure to work with and always responded to our (many) questions with cheerful and thorough answers. During the reception, our waitstaff was nothing short of amazing. After a long session of (very hot) pictures, we were given ice water in the bridal suite without even asking for it! The staff remembered that I am a vegetarian and packed us amazing to-go boxes of food that included a separate vegetarian meal and a box of wedding cake. I am so glad that we picked Main Event, they made our wedding the huge success that it was! Thank you!

• Wedding: 08/31/2014
703-820-2028
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
Schedule Appointment