Main Event Caterers

Professionalism
Value
4.7
Flexibility

First, let me say that Spencer at A Main Event Catering is fabulous. He put together a menu that incorporated my wedding theme to a tee and fit my budget. My party arrived 1 hour late for my scheduled tasting due to traffic, but Spencer was completely gracious and gave us a wonderful food experience. We talked and laughed so much that I think the kitchen staff had to prompt us to wrap things up! While we loved Spencer and his offerings, we ultimately chose another vendor based on an offer from a family friend. That said, I would absolutely recommend Spencer and his team at A Main Event. Do not pass this one over!

Services Used: Catering

We had an incredible experience working with Main Event! They did an incredible job listening to what we wanted and making it a reality. They answered every single question I had and were super patient with all my emails and flexible with me as I had a last minute 2-month international work trip that I had to take 3 months before the wedding. In addition to their customer service, the food that Main Event served was incredible. Every guest that I've spoken to has commented on how great the food was, a couple have even tried to get me to ask for recipes. I would highly recommend Main Event to anyone and will definitely look to use them again for any event that I host.

Services Used: Catering

We worked with Michelle and Liz at Main Event Caterer for our wedding in May 2015 at the Carnegie Institute for Science. Both were fantastic and helpful throughout the entire process. We had chosen they based on reviews and after our first meeting with Michelle we walked away and immediately knew we wanted to use Main Event for our wedding. They worked closely with us on our meal choices, incorporated our requests and comments during the final tasting, and even switched up our whole catering menu 4 months prior to the wedding! The day of, the food was amazing, beautifully presented, and served to 130 guests very quickly. The wait staff was helpful and pleasant, and the bartenders were efficient and knowledgeable in serving various cocktails. Main events was also flexible in providing a third bartender outside during the cocktail hour, which helped cut down the wait time for drinks and prevented people from bunching up. Would highly recommend Main Event for your wedding!

Services Used: Catering

Main Event was incredible to work with! The food was amazing, and I had multiple guests tell me how delicious it was! The tables were set beautifully and were exactly what I wanted! I'm so glad we went with Main Event for our wedding!

Services Used: Catering

We were very impressed with the service and quality of food at Main Event. Jackie was always quick to respond to all of our questions and requests. She helped us create a delicious menu that got many compliments from our guests. We had several guests with food allergies and dietary restrictions. Main Event was very accommodating with creating specific dishes for them. They set up everything beautifully and were prompt and professional with clean up at the end of the wedding. The best part was the personal butler service just for us. They had ice water ready for us right after the ceremony and made sure we got to try all our favorite hors d’oeuvres!

Katherine
05/02/2015

We were so glad we used Main Event to cater our wedding reception. From the very first phone call with Jen Sibel, our event designer, I could tell that she understood the type of meal and event we wanted our reception to be. During the planning process, I really appreciated that Main Event provided a detailed quote, so I could see the cost breakdown, and didn't bat an eye when I needed a event plan for an outdoor setting (without a tent) as well as a indoor/rain plan. Working with Jen and Rebeccah Propp made planning our reception - from food, to linens, to table/dance floor rental, to event timing - so easy. We ended up having beautiful weather on our wedding day and had a fabulous cocktail hour and dinner in the garden. The quality of food and service by Main Event was superb. My husband and I felt completely taken care of (thanks to the Main Event staff who made sure we actually ate!). We also got lots of rave reviews from our guests who loved our buffet menu and appreciated the professional service provided by Main Event. They come with our highest recommendation.

Services Used: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths

We went with Main Event Caterers for our spring wedding at the Torpedo Factory, and they did a fantastic job. Out of the four quotes we got from caterers, they were the only ones who could deliver a plated meal on our tight budget. We initially requested a fusion of Vietnamese and Southern food, but since my Vietnamese relatives were sticklers on exact authenticity (and not fusion, which was what we wanted), we ultimately went with more American dishes. We weren't disappointed in the slightest -- the appetizer were delicious, and the entrees we went with were amazing and looked great. All of our guests commented on how delicious the food was, and that was very important to me. Jackie was very responsive to all of my emails (and there were quite a few of them). Doing an event at the Torpedo Factory can be a challenge, since they can't set up until 5 pm, and our ceremony started at 6:30. However, they executed the set up perfectly, and were able to stick to our tight timeline. I highly recommend Main Event Caterers, not just for value, but for the quality of service that they deliver. Thank you so much for everything -- you were a big part in our wedding success!

Services Used: Catering

From our very first contact, I had a fantastic experience working with the MEC team. We wanted to serve dinner family style and had a hard time finding caterers that were willing do to so, but MEC helped carry out our dinner dreams. The food service struck the exact tone we were hoping to achieve and our guests couldn't stop raving about the food. We made a few tweaks after our tasting, and they were always responsive to our questions and changes. While cake initially wasn't high on our priority list, we ended up having an amazing cake through them. They also did a wonderful job in pulling different linens and serveware for us to choose from, and I was thrilled with our final selections.

Services Used: Catering

Main Event is literally the BEST. My wedding planner recommended them to me, and I'm very glad she did that. From the food tasting to the wedding day, they make everything so smooth, and so customized to whatever you want.

Since most of our guests are Asian, we kinda wanted American food with an Asian twist, and Main Event definitely made it happen. The cocktail hour's food is amazing that some of my guests joked to me that they were kind of chasing the servers. Our main courses are short ribs, duck and vegetarian. I cannot tell you how many guests told me that they cook like Michelin star level food. We had a dessert BAR including probably 6-7 desserts after the dance floor is open, that was a KILLER. On top of that, we used their dark chocolate truffle box as our wedding favor, and all of the guests loved it. Main Event did a great job packing and arranging the logistics, that made me completely stress free.

Seriously, you won't find anyone better in town, in any sense.

Services Used: Catering

We were recommended Main Event Caterers by our venue. I also got a recommendation from a co-worker who used them for her wedding. Jen and Liz were our event planners and worked within our budget. We went to a tasting with a tentative menu selected, and we were able to try 2 of our main courses at the tasting. The salmon and the boneless beef short rib are DELICIOUS! We also highly recommend the corn souffles - of which we got many compliments. They also provided all the linens, tables, and chairs. The staff and servers were very professional. We would definitely recommend Main Event Caterers!

Services Used: Catering

Main Event Caterers has incredibly friendly staff throughout the company -- from their accounts receivable department to their in-house sales staff to their on-site catering staff. Everyone was very easy to work with and always responded quickly.

MEC's menu offerings are unique and delicious and the displays at our wedding were beautiful.

We highly recommend!!

Services Used: Catering

I am very happy that I retained Main Event caterers for my wedding reception. I sampled menus from two other area caterers with similar price points, but none could compare to Main Event. Their menu options are astounding and they can modify according to special requests. I wanted hints of Persian flavors in my buffet menu and I got just that with dishes like pistachio rice pilaf and pomegranate-glazed carrots. They also had fantastic vegetarian options--I absolutely loved their eggplant entrée. And there are no words to describe how perfectly cooked and seasoned their roasted lamb loin and chicken entrees were. They also accommodated my request to have a warm apple cider bar for our colder than usual fall wedding. Planning a wedding reception can be a pretty daunting task on your own and Main Event made sure that our plans were executed perfectly. Our event coordinator was Spencer McCormack and he was a delight to work with. He made such helpful suggestions throughout the planning process and I felt comforted knowing that he had planned hundreds of weddings at the venue we chose. The catering team did a fantastic job with the food, set-up, break-down and even boxed up the few remaining leftovers for my family to take home. My family and friends are still raving about the food! I highly recommend Main Event.

Services Used: Catering

I love Main Event! I worked with Spencer and his team and really couldn't be happier with both the process of getting everything together, as well as the final result on our wedding day. They are super responsive, professional and definitely get to know you throughout the planning. They have a really cool studio where you go for the tasting (which was spectacular!) and they have rental samples on-site (linens, flatware, chargers, etc.).

Our food was delicious and really reasonably priced for what you get. We had a seasonal menu (fall) that had really personal touches throughout, like apple cider to warm everyone on a cold day. Delicious beef, chicken, and roasted veggies—my vegetarian and meat-eating guests were all happy.

We heard so many compliments on the food—even from extremely tough critics, during dinner and all night long. They were accommodating and fun/easy to work with. Spencer is a gem. Highly recommend!

Services Used: Catering

Main Event lived up to all the promises made during this process. We went to our tasting and was blown away right from the beginning. Their attention to detail is fantastic, and they are absolutely flexible. We mixed and matched our menu options, and added a pasta course with sauce provided by the grooms father as part of a family tradition, and no one even batted an eye. They are incredibly responsive, every question and email was answered immediately. The food on the day of the wedding was exactly what we had tasted during our tasting over a year before. Everyone there on the day of the wedding was a perfect professional, they were kind, courteous and helpful and did a great job ensuring all our guests had everything they need. If you are looking for restaurant quality food at a great value, Main Event is your caterer.

Justin
10/25/2014

Wow! Spencer was amazing at working with us to come up with a proposal that would meet our budget. We were so impressed with Jack and his staff at the event. He made sure everything ran smoothly and in a timely fashion. The food was amazing. AMAZING! Everyone at the wedding was raving about how it was "the best food they have ever had at a wedding." Choose Main Event Catering. You will not regret it!

Nathan
10/25/2014

We used Main Event for our wedding in Washington, DC on 10/25/14. Our event designer (Spencer) was incredibly helpful and provided ideas and a menu from which we could design a buffet-style dinner that suited our wedding perfectly. The wait staff at the event were perfect -- not only at ensuring that everything ran smoothly with the catering, but also worked to keep us on track with our schedule. Finally (and perhaps most importantly) we got tons of compliments on the food. Many guests were traveling from North Carolina, so we had a "southern chic" cuisine, which included southern honey fried chicken and the best mac and cheese we've ever had. Highly recommended.