Madonna Inn

(5.0 / 5.0)
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Madonna Inn in SLO is by far the best value for a wedding venue on the Central Coast. Years ago, Alex Madonna built a gorgeous, eclectic, funky, over-the-top resort hotel and wanted people to be able to enjoy it and so keeps the venue costs reasonable. The event staff is wonderful and very helpful, the hotel staff is very accommodating, and the restaurant (who caters the weddings) serves up some of the best the best prime rib and salmon to be found! The main ballroom, where our wedding ceremony was held, was stunningly elegant in a Walt Disney meets old-school glamor Hollywood way. Did I say eclectic? The Garden Room for the reception was beautiful. The hotel rooms are all themed, over-the-top and so much fun! Check out the Caveman Room for example. I can't wait to have another event so I can plan it at the Madonna Inn!

• Wedding: 10/31/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Transportation
Margie
  • Flexibility: 5.0

All I have to say is: Magical.
Perfect in every way.

Kristen and her team were great - always responded in a timely manner, answered my bajillion questions and concerns. We couldn't have had a better wedding ceremony and reception anywhere else.

• Wedding: 10/11/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake
Tamara
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Had my wedding in the Venetian room and it was so beautiful. More than I had ever imagined. This place is incredible. I had a blast and will always cherish these memories. Thank you to all the Madonna Inn staff for all of your help. You all did awesome!!!!

• Wedding: 07/12/2014
Yvette
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The sparkly venue matches the service. I worked with Kristen, and she was amazing. We had the wedding in their new Secret Garden in January, and I was concerned about the weather, so Kristen helped orchestrate serving hot apple cider and tea for our approximately 175 guests. It ended up being a beautiful day, hovering a little under 70 degrees, but it's still a little chilly in the high 60s, and the small detail was truly appreciated by our guests. We had a Persian ceremony, and the Inn was extremely accommodating to every request to make the ceremony seamless. Our wedding was in the Garden Room, where the chandeliers sparkle in every photograph, and our rehearsal dinner was in the Gay 90s dining area, which fit our large family of 80 people. I wish for the rehearsal dinner I had ordered the steak instead of fish for guests, since it is a steak house, but I wanted to hold off until the reception (I highly recommend the rib eye.) I wasn't crazy about the chairs in the Garden Room, so Kristen helped organize bringing in chairs from an outside vendor. We also had a cocktail hour in the Venetian Room the day before. I love the versatility of the Inn, and that every space made every event have it's own unique vibe with it's carefully coordinated decor. We also opted to give our guests portraits as our wedding guest favor, and they found their way into the pages of the Huffington Post. Each room is stunningly special, and this venue will inspire your guests and is for a couple looking for something creative and a one-of-a-kind experience. Our wedding party moved over to the pool after the reception, and the Inn was super kind, leaving it open a little late. I highly recommend this location for the decor, versatility, food, cake (so delicious!), service and convenience. My only regret is having hired an outside coordinator. Kristen mentioned that it wasn't necessary and she was right. The Madonna Inn is a well-oiled machine and their service really made my wedding planner

• Wedding: 01/04/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Wonderful cake! Worth every penny.

• Wedding: 06/01/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Madonna Inn is awesome!! I chose this place to have my wedding ceremony & reception! I just have to say working with Kristen Trevino (Event Coordinator) was one of the easiest, stress free experiences I have ever come across. Everything was so prompt and professional and my guests absolutely LOVED the wedding! It was so beautiful and not at all gaudy or too "pink". My wedding was a blue and orange theme and it was gorgeous having it at the Madonna Inn. I was given so much room and freedom to work with that basically anything I could come up with, Kristen would work the magic. :) I can't even describe everything that I loved about this venue. I would highly suggest any business meetings, parties, and weddings to take place here! We also got to bring in a live band, do our own funky lighting, and set up wine tables! I would also suggest walking down the stair case for the ceremony if you are a bride :)

They have killer deals if you buy the dinner plan. Let's just say that I did not have to do a lot of things other brides would have to do. The wedding cake, linens, place settings, table & chair set up, portable screen for the slideshow, and so many other things were just tasks I did not have to worry about! I just told Kristen what I was thinking, and it happened! We also got our reception room fee waived for 4 hours!! Who does that?! Madonna Inn does! The food was phenomenal! I had 6 hor dourves, prime rib & teriyaki chicken, tons of salads and fruit, rolls, rice pilaf, jumbo shrimp, A FIVE TIER WEDDING CAKE!, champagne and house wine, and I have to say my guests were full and HAPPY! They also gave us a room block and gave us a discounted price! Tova is the lady that will be working with you on that and she was pretty awesome too!

Great service + great people + great venue = GREAT WEDDING!

• Wedding: 01/05/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Alway delicious and beautiful!! We ordered there cakes right out of the bakery, 4 different cakes all spectacular! And guests loved them!!!

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

On each of the tables at the wedding reception we used the Madonna Inn's famous cakes. What a treat for my guest. They were so excited to enjoy the wonderful flavors of the cakes. They are still talking about what a treat it was!

• Wedding: 11/05/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Madonna Inn cake is a must have for not only your wedding, but any occasion. My husband and I met at Madonna Inn, so having their wedding cake was a must. It is the best in SLO County and their staff is wonderful to work with. Our guests were sooooo excited to learn that the cake was from Madonna Inn...everyone's favorite!!!

• Wedding: 08/07/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Madonna inn was the best place to have a wedding! My friends still talk about what a cool venue it was and how much fun they had. Everything went off without a hitch and the staff was impeccable.

• Wedding: 06/05/2010
Sarah
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We are so happy we had the reception at the Madonna Inn. It was the best valued and most beautiful wedding I could have ever imagined. And we just got the pictures back, and all the backgrounds are amazing!

• Wedding: 07/17/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We planned a farewell wedding breakfast at the Madonna Inn for all our family and the wedding party. From the muffins to the fresh squeezed juice, the morning was perfect. The value of the breakfast was very reasonable for the quality of food and especially to get your own private room for 3 hours!! The Madonna Inn is a definite!!

We also stayed there for 3 days and switched rooms 3 times and they were very accommodating!

• Wedding: 07/04/2009
Services Used: Unique Services (Other)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We stopped by the Madonna Inn and taste tested their cakes. Each cake was amazing! The people were so friendly and helpful when it came time to order. We ordered the basic daily cake for the cake table and a sheet cake for the caterers to serve to the 100 guests. Everything turned out perfectly and it was a great way to save money!

• Wedding: 05/02/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We worked with Alexis in planning our ceremony and reception at the beautiful and unique Madonna Inn. It was a total dream come true. They handled everything and my stress level was zero. Every went off without a hitch. A wonderful, perfect day. I'd get married there every day if I could!

• Wedding: 03/21/2009
4.9/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Having our wedding at the Madonna Inn was a dream come true! I was pleased to find what they offered was well within my budget. Our guests continually rave about the venue and especially the food! My husband and I plan to visit the Madonna for many years to come. :)

• Wedding: 01/30/2010
4.8/5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

We love the Madonna Inn!!!!! After planning for over a year and having high expectations we were not let down. Kristen is amazing!!! She worked with us every step of the way and was awesome at communicating and extremely organized.
Our wedding was flawless. Our guests had the time of their lives and loved the food, wine and cake of course! We couldn't have asked for more.
The whole staff was so helpful and organized, I was stress free and was able to enjoy every minute of our wedding.
Tova in reservations was also amazing! So helpful and accommodating.
Thank You to everyone at the Madonna Inn for helping us have our dream wedding!!!

• Wedding: 09/20/2014
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
805-784-2410
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire