Macy's Wedding & Gift Registry

Flexibility
Private User
Recently Married
3.6

We were very happy with the initial registry process -- it was easy and fun! As everyone knows, Macy's has tons of items so it was great to be able to register for everything from fine china to a humidifier in one place. I was initially very happy with registering there!

However, when we went to the store to register, our Registry Advisor pushed the "gifts with completion" promotion as part of the reason we should register with Macy's. This means you get a certain gift for free if you register for, and receive, specific big-ticket items (i.e. twelve 5-piece china place settings). However, actually trying to redeem this was like pulling teeth. For as much as they promoted it initially, you'd think they'd be willing to help us when we completed an item, but our Registry Advisor was very unhelpful, and it took many emails back and forth to finally get the gift items. In general, we found our Registry Advisor very friendly and helpful when we showed up to register the first time, but rather distant and unfriendly thereafter (i.e. many unanswered emails, or quick, blunt responses).

Another problem: A guest shipped a registry gift to our home during the week of our wedding. We were, unfortunately, so crazy that week with last minute things, that we were never home to receive it, and after the third unsuccessful delivery attempt by UPS, it was returned to the store. I had hoped that Macy's would hold it, and try to re-ship it or contact me and arrange for me to pick it up. But instead, they automatically marked the gift as returned, which meant the gift-giver was refunded his money, and it looked as if we had returned his gift. I can understand this being standard practice for most purchases from macys.com, but would think that Macy's would arrange for an alternative option for registry gifts.

Overall, I'd still recommend registering at Macy's, but make sure you read all the fine print, and you are on top of everything, because they certainly won't be.

Private User
1 Review
1+ year ago
0.9

On march 30 I placed a order off my sisters wedding registry for $222..
1- I filled out my address for shipping, they sent it to my sisters home by accident
2- they did not tell me an item was on back order at checkout, instead they emailed my sister and not me,that I was the one that ordered the item and it was on back order
3- they received payment for $185 for the products that shipped. 5 days later they charged my account again for $222 (by accident)...resulting in overdrawing my account
4: I called to resolve all these issues and the reps on the phone were very rude very dismissive and blaming me and my bank for everything.
5- I have come to find out they have shipped other guests orders to my sister by accident
6- my mother placed a large order off this registry they shipped it to my sister by accident also and put the wrong products in the box
They have made this experience a nightmare for us as well as for my sister(the bride)
I do not recommend anyone do a wedding registry with macys, they have ruined the whole experience for my sister and have taken out the fun and excitement for us,we are all very dissatisfied

ElleNHouston
07/20/2013
0.5

We've been receiving wonderful gifts for 6 months leading up to our wedding, but we made some returns last week and received gift cards to go online and finish our registry. We used our gift cards to purchase items DIRECTLY off our registry, logged in as ourselves, and they cancelled our $2000 order the next morning and lost our gift card numbers... that are now in our dumpster. They said they couldn't match our last name with the shipping address in the PUBLIC RECORDS... wow.. why are they even looking for customers this way? Why not call the phone number in the order, or verify the names and addresses listed on the actual registry itself.. right there in plain day. Why did they even have to verify our names to begin with? Are they the Gestapo?

We so far have not received any shipment confirmations or reimbursements for over $2000 worth of gift cards we used up and threw away on this order. They said they would restore our order, and days have gone by now without restoration. We are going to have to take it to court now. DO NOT USE MACY'S WEDDING REGISTRY UNLESS YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THIS!

Services Used: Favors & Gifts
Jager1219
05/11/2013

We registered with Macy's. I personally am not too fond of the store, so we only registered for a few items here. Those items were purchased very quickly, but 9 months after some of them had been purchased, I received duplicate gifts. I have to imagine it was a registry problem, but who knows. I was able to return everything without a problem for store credit.

One big turn-off for me was that they kept pushing to give me those registry inserts to include in our invitations. Thankfully I know enough to not include them and throw them out, but I didn't like how pushy they were to give me them.

Services Used: Favors & Gifts

It was the only place we registered and that's all we needed! They have everything!

Anonymous
09/29/2012

Easy to do and you can use your smartphone to add items!

Andrea
07/21/2012

Great place to register! Also you get 20 percent off the remaining things you need!

Services Used: Unique Services (Other)

I wish that had Macy's as my only registry. The wedding registry ladies at my local store were always so helpful and answered all of my questions. I had some issues with lost/stolen gifts that were delivered during my honeymoon and they were extremely helpful with resenting the gifts and providing shipping information. I would just recommend an email notification that includes a shipping tracking number when a gift is ordered so that you can expect when you need to be home to accept a package.

Services Used: Unique Services (Other)

Macy's has been around and doing wedding registry for so long that it's no wonder they have a high rating. I used a couple of places for our registry and used Macy's for the majority of bath and other housewares. Whole process was quick, easy and organized.

Services Used: Unique Services (Other)

LOved having this registry. The personal contact was great to have also! We got the toasters and matching servers we wanted!

Mrs. S To Be
10/22/2011

Macy's gift registry was easy to use, and we really liked that we got something back. Also they were full of information on little freebie items we could get from certain companies we registered for, that was a nice perk! Plus, their return policy is so easy compared to some others.

Services Used: Unique Services (Other)

One of the stores my husband and I registered with was Macys. Creating the registry was fun and easy, many of our guests purchased gifts here, and we never had a problem with duplicates!

4.2

Always stuff on sale and we had a rep that would email me when our stuff would go on sale!

Services Used: Unique Services (Other)

They handled our gift registry and it was great. They always have good discounts, making it easier for guests to buy from here and convenient shipping as well.

Services Used: Unique Services (Other)

Macy's, by far, is the best registry. They have such a range of items, they overwhelmingly bet other big name bed bath stores. I'm not sure why people prefer to shop or registry at those stores, because you get much better deals at Macy's. You also continue to receive discounts after your event date. Guests buying from the registry should realize Macy's has the best shipping, selection and use of coupons. I would have registered all my gifts through Macy's if I realized then what I see now.

Services Used: Unique Services (Other)

The bridal Registry at Macy is good. Since I live in NJ, I took the opportunity to put items on my wish list from both NJ and SC. Working with sales reps from both locations was great. I made no trouble exchanged items I received multiple of or did not want (even without the receipt).