luthy botanical garden

• Responsiveness: 0.5
  • Professionalism: 0.5
  • Value: 0.5
  • Flexibility: 0.5

I was not allowed access to the gardens at the time of my contract.

• Wedding: 09/06/2014
2.7/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.5
  • Responsiveness: 2.5
  • Professionalism: 3.0
  • Value: 0.5
  • Flexibility: 4.0

I am getting married at the Gardens this October. The gardens are beautiful, but I don't think they are worth the money. I went to pay the rest of my bill the other day and they wouldn't credit me the $75 deposit I put down to hold the date. I don't know any company that doesn't credit the deposit or put it towards the final payment. Plus it's an extra $75 to have the rehearsal there the night before. And you have to pay $2 per chair, on top of the over $500 just to use the space for 2 hours. I feel like the $500 should include like 50 or 100 chairs and then you have to pay if you need more chairs.

Also, when I went in to make my final payment I noticed they had changed my rehearsal time from 5-6pm to 6-7pm without even telling me. We had dinner reservations for 6:30pm so we couldn't do the 6-7pm time slot. Luckily, they were nice enough to change it back, but if I didn't notice it, we would never have known that they changed the time on us.

While Ann and everyone at the gardens is very nice, it does take awhile to hear back from them if you have any questions.

I hope my wedding there turns out well for how much i am paying for this place.

• Wedding: 07/03/2013
5.0/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Luthy Botanical Gardens is one of the most beautiful outdoor locations to be married in Central Illinois. The people there were great to work with and tried their best to help with everything I needed. Everything was set up perfectly when we arrived the day of the wedding. Ann is very flexible and a pleasure to work with as well. She went above and beyond to help me out with all of my concerns. If you are wanting an outdoor ceremony I highly recommend Luthy Botanical Gardens, and Lodge at The Peoria Zoo is right next door and makes a GREAT reception site!

• Wedding: 05/18/2013
4.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.5
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.0

Our wedding turned out beautiful, thanks to nature. The chairs we paid to have set up were arranged in straight rows with very little leg room for taller guests. I had to ask my father-in-law to re-arrange the chairs at the last minute. We also paid to rent a table for the sand ceremony and it was a ugly white fold-up one that looked terrible in the pictures. I didn't see a single worker the day of the rehearsal or the wedding. Other than that, everything was great! The guests really enjoyed the beauty of an outdoor wedding and we did too.

• Wedding: 09/17/2011
4.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

The garden setting was very beautiful and everything turned out great!!

But when we did the rehearsal no one from the garden was there so when we got there the day of they had the chairs set up wrong. They set them up how they felt we should stand in the section we picked. My husband had to find someone and make them fix them.

They also tried telling my husband we couldn't come in early to take pictures. Then another worker told him we could. My photographer had called a few months prior to make sure we could. Plus the entire time we were taking our pics and up till the ceremony I saw prom kids entering and taking their pictures.

• Wedding: 05/07/2011
4.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

We used the Rose Garden for our ceremony, and it was absolutely beautiful. I definitely recommend a rain plan, just in case, because the conservatory does not hold many people! There doesn't seem to be much communication among the employees at the garden. Every time I talked to someone about details, someone else would tell me a completely different answer. The only thing I didn't really like about the venue was that the garden was not closed down for the time we reserved, even though that's what we were lead to believe would happen. So while we were waiting to walk down the aisle, there were random people wandering through our ceremony area. Other than that, everything worked out beautifully!!!

• Wedding: 05/07/2011
Profile Picture
Katy
4.8/5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My wedding turned out great. When I would email the event planner, it would take a few days to get a response back. The garden is strict on the event times. They provided the chairs and tables that we needed. I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Wedding: 09/11/2010
5.0/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Everything about Luthy was wonderful. We loved being outside for our ceremony, and luckily the weather cooperated! Make sure you have a rain plan if you have more than 75 guests, because that is the maximum that Luthy's Conservatory can hold. The wedding coordinator (Ann Kizer) was excellent to work with. We were very happy with the costs and the set-up, and the beauty of the gardens.

• Wedding: 09/26/2009