Longfellow's Wayside Inn

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

We had a fantastic wedding reception at the Wayside Inn. The planning process went fairly smoothly, but I felt like the main functions coordinator could have been a bit better at responding to my questions - it seems as though some of my communications got lost in her inbox and my questions/issues went unaddressed for longer than expected. Linda, the on-site day-of coordinator, is wonderful to work with, very professional and knows what she's doing. We only had about 70 guests in the main dining room and it was very comfortable, I would say anyone planning on having more than 90 guests would not do as well here just because it can get rather tight. The venue was exactly what we wanted, and our reception was a huge hit. Highly recommend this reception venue for weddings on the smaller side.

4.7

I had a private wedding last summer, did not have a big reception. Although we had only 8 guests, they were able to find me a decent private room and Caroline from their reception team contacted me to confirm every detail before the event.
My only complaint was since our room is at the corner and there were other 2 weddings on that day. A few waiters used our room as shortcut through to other rooms. I could understand it would be helpful to have a shortcut when you carrying a heavy tray, and it was not like we were having a formal reception.... So over all, I recommend this historical place if you are the person who wants a cozy and vintage style wedding.

Profile Picture
moorekos
06/26/2011

The place was beautiful, the service and help was awesome. I asked if they could save a room for me and the said yes, but then they booked it and i had to change at another place. small mix up but over all i had my fariy tale wedding.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Wayside Inn and its Martha-Mary chapel provided the ultimate colonial backdrop for our perfect country wedding!

We found the sexton, the hostess and her waitstaff to be nothing but professional and very attentive to all of ours and our guest's needs.

Our reception was held in the Main Dining Room of the Inn. We had 90 guests and everyone was in there very comfortably. All of the dinner courses were perfectly timed, and Linda the hostess was on top of everything. She really did a great job of putting the room together.

The only thing that did bug me were the columns in the middle of the room, which the dance floor was contained within. Sometimes guests were hidden behind the columns, so the photos are going to show half of a guest behind the columns. That was only a minor bug though.

For the beauty and charm that The Wayside Inn possesses, The cost value is an incredible deal! All one has to do is check out the property to see that it is indeed something very special. And the price per guest is in the $40 range! Places with twice the guest cost DO NOT have the same kind of charm that this place has!

We are very satisfied, and hope that we help another couple experience the same here!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We fell in love with the Wayside Inn from the first time we visited. If you are looking for historic charm and natural beauty in your wedding venue, this is the place to go. The atmosphere inside is warm, rustic, and romantic. There are tons of spots for picture opportunities. We got rave reviews on the food, cake, and staff from our guests. We have been to Wayside countless times before and after the wedding, and always have a wonderful experience with the staff. The wedding planning team made it effortless for us. We opted for the hostess (Linda) for extra wedding day help, and it was well worth it. The horse/surrey was also worth it and everyone loved that touch. We cannot say enough good things about the Wayside Inn. Our wedding day ended up being exactly how we had imagined, and the ambience and history of the Inn really created unique, special memories for us and our guests.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The staff at Wayside Inn were extremely helpful and easy to work with. They made my day ext6remely special!

4.7

I love the Martha-Mary Chapel. Our Jp was unable to make it to the rehearsal, the Sexton stepped in and helped us with everything.

4.3

We LOVED having our ceremony at the beautiful Martha-Mary chapel. It was perfect and just what we wanted.
Yes the Wayside did bring in new wedding consultants over the course of our planning, but THANK GOD! We had first worked with Amy who was unorganized, unwelcoming and unprofessional (those are the reasons for the 1/2 stars).
But then we got connected with their new wedding staff Kathy, Melissa and Sandy. These women are amazing and will stop at nothing to make sure you are comfortable, organized and informed.
We also had our reception in the great room and it was wonderful!
Everyone there is super friendly and helpful, I wish I could relive my wedding over because it was perfect!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We are so, so glad we went with the Wayside Inn for our wedding this September. As another reviewer mentioned, there was some recent turnover in the functions office, and we did encounter some bumps related to that handoff, but the new coordinator and the rest of the staff were fantastic to us the rest of the way. We had our ceremony in the chapel, followed by a buffet reception in the inn's main dining room, and our guests raved about not only the New England charm, but the food (especially the prime rib - I think I heard more about the prime rib than anything else about our entire wedding!) and service. I was a tiny bit wary at first about booking a venue that had a "wedding package" because I was worried it would be too generic and not as good quality as if we had chosen things ourselves (like going and finding our own bakery for a cake with fancy flavors), but decided it was well worth it not to have to coordinate with a bunch of separate vendors. As it turned out, I was right that it was worth streamlining, but wrong that it would be blah -- everything still felt very warm and personal, and the cake from the in-house baker (to provide one example) was fantastic - I don't think I've ever had cake with such delicious frosting at a wedding. The functions staff were very good about letting me know where upgrades were available but never pushing or trying to upsell, and were reasonably prompt in sending a refund check when our guests turned out not to drink as much as we had prepaid the bar tab for.

As far as the ceremony in the chapel, the sexton was *enormously* helpful and basically ran our whole rehearsal -- twice, really, since the groom & two groomsmen were stuck in traffic and very late -- since we didn't have our officiant for the rehearsal. I think more than any single person, she set my mind at ease and made me feel comfortable going in to the wedding day.

1.9

We used The Wayside Inn for their chapel. The chapel was fantastic, however their funtion staff was not. We had our rehearsal dinner with the Inn as well. During our engagement, the Inn changed personnel, in the fuction office. I had never been more disappointed in service. The new staff was awful to deal with. Totally unprofessional, and not thorough at all. I got little to no response when contacting the functions office. I was treated rudely, and never felt comfortable. If they did not have such a nice chapel, I would have walked away months ago. The dinner did go off without a hitch, but I will not recommend this venue to anyone, nor will I be doing business with them in the future.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Kathy and team provided outstanding service. The tent and grounds made for a beautiful evening for our family and friends. The bride and groom had a carriage ride from the Grist Mill to the Wayside Inn - complete with the children in their bridal party. Our guests said the food was outstanding - Filet Mignon and vegetarian. We had 200 guests and everyone danced all night in the test - uplit by Rafi and outstanding DJ. They do a lot to make it easy for the couple to enjoy themselves. Location is everything.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

A great Vendor, my wife and I are very satisfied with this company. We had the greatest time with top notch customer service. Great pricing and a great staff

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This location is wonderful. every aspect was beautiful

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Absolutely wonderful. I couldn't have asked for more. A very helpful and professional staff, beautiful grounds, amazing food, and a reasonable price. I would recommend the Wayside to anyone.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My wedding day was perfect at the Wayside Inn. The chapel is absolutely beautiful and the tent we had our reception in was gorgeous. Sandy, the functions coordinator, was very easy to work with and always responded promptly to my questions. Everyone raved about the food! The cost was very affordable!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Martha Mary Chapel at Wayside Inn is an amazing place for a wedding ceremony. The chapel is very quaint and the pictures both inside and out came out amazing. There is also a Grist Mill and beautiful area across the street where you can take great pictures, but it is open to the public so there could be other brides or just couples taking pictures there. There was another couple there when we went, but my photographer was able to photshop them out of the pictures. Also, unless your wedding is the last ceremony of the day (mine was 5:30pm), you only have 45 minutes from beginning to end so you can't have a receiving line outside of the chapel. My ceremony did happen to be the last of the day, so they let me have an extra 30 mins which worked out perfectly. When booking, you may want to ask for the last ceremony slot if that works for you.