Reviews (49)
Flexibility:
 (4.7/5.0)

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
LOVE LI SOUND!! Chris is an absolute pleasure to work with. The value that we got from LI Sound is incredible and worth every penny! The entire staff that I've dealt with were always very friendly and professional.

When I first saw Gene sing live Frank Sinatra-type songs at a showcase, I knew I HAD to have him at my wedding! You just can't help but smile when he sings - it definitely brought a different element to the reception!

James (who was also our MC) is an incredible live performer. We love the live singer/acoustic guitar bar-vibe for our cocktail hour. As an MC, he is equally as incredible! His energy and personality definitely got the crowd up and dancing the entire night. Many of our guests had great things to say about James. He was just the right amount of energy that was appealing to all age groups. He clicked with us from the moment we met - knew exactly what type of party we wanted and delivered!!

The DJ was also great - played all the right music that we (and our guests!) wanted. All personal song choices were played without a hitch ... entrance songs, first dance, parent dances, etc.

We also booked the Super (Photo) Booth which was talk of the night!! We LOVED that we got a flash drive of all the pictures taken in the booth at the end of the night ... SO much fun!! The interactive booth made it so much more enjoyable for our guests and kept them going back in for more pictures! I was just bummed that John and I didn't get a session in the booth that night - we were just so distracted with everything else going on! We definitely could've used a reminder from the booth attendant ... but not a big deal!!
Wedding: 10/18/2013
Services Used: DJ, Entertainer, Unique Services (Other)
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I want to thank Mike N (mc) and DJ Orente ( sorry if spelt wrong. The music was perfect. I was happy to see Mike N was my MC. We hit it off at a showcase and was excited to see him show up. I couldn't ask for a more perfect team.
They were able to keep the floor packed all night and we had a wide age range from young kids to grand parents. Thank You so much.
Wedding: 09/29/2013

Private User 8 Reviews
The LI Sound DJ’s rocked our wedding! We had Chris as the MC and Joey as the DJ and they were an excellent duo. From the very first day we met Chris at a bridal showcase, we knew he would be the perfect fit for our wedding. He was professional, maintained great poise and was very likeable. We worked with him from day 1 and communicated to him what we wanted and what we didn’t want for our wedding. They followed-through and put on a great show! Everyone, from age 5 to 85 were rocking the dance floor ALL NIGHT LONG. We had guests coming up to me during the night asking me where we found this DJ…

As a control freak, I created a timeline which I communicated to Chris. At our final meeting, he did not commit to my schedule and told me to let them do their job. Thankfully, I did that because everything was so perfectly executed. People had time to eat, cry, dance and party.
Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Choosing a DJ was the hardest part of wedding planning for my husband and I because we were concerned we would end up with someone who played rap and techno music (not our style) and yelled into the microphone all night. When we met with Scott and LI Sound we immediately trusted him and believed he understood the vision for our reception. He proved us right! Scott did an amazing job as MC, and the DJ listened to our musical tastes and kept the whole room on the dance floor all night! The white sound system, light towers and uplighting looked amazing at our venue. I recommend the spanish guitar player for cocktail and Gene Santini singing Frank Sinatra for parts of your reception. Thanks again Scott & LI Sound for making my reception a blast!
Wedding: 09/14/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
LI Sound made my wedding! I had a violinist play during the ceremony. They were awesome. Exactly what I had envisioned for my ceremony! For my reception I had Mike B as my MC and Craig as my DJ. We made a last minute request to do the Harlem shake and they incorporated it into our entrance perfectly. Everyone had so much fun! I definitely give credit to LI Sound. Mike kept the party going and even danced with my husband's 85 year old grandmother. She was loving it! LOL. I would totally recommend them to anyone planning their wedding. Mike kept making sure I was on the dance floor all night long enjoying my wedding. Any future events that I plan will definitely include LI Sound. One of the best decisions I made for my wedding!
Wedding: 09/13/2013

• Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Value:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  3.0
Long Island Sound was one of the recommended vendors from our wedding venue. Overall they ended up being a good choice; our ceremony music was GORGEOUS and throughout the reception our guests were up and dancing all night. Their ceremony musicians were very professional; my husband and I wanted music selections that were not on their regular list and it was very easy for me to get in contact with the trio and request this other music. I didn't even have to provide it...they found it on their own and played it perfectly! It couldn't have been easier. As far as customer service goes; while from time to time LISound was a little hard to get a hold of via phone or email (we live out of town); they always followed up and answered any questions we had, and were flexible with scheduling meetings for us. I was a little disappointed for the following reasons:
We provided a list of songs we wanted played, and also went over the order of events and how we wanted the evening to flow. While many of these songs were played at the reception, so much of what we discussed was thrown out the window. There was one song in particular I wanted to hear....I wrote it on our request list and then also FOLLOWED UP with an email (and got a response!) because it was so important that the song was played. And it was not played. Also, we did an Anniversary Dance (all the married couples get up on the floor and the couple who has been married the longest is the last couple dancing) and for some reason they waited until 10:30 or 11 pm to play this song. The couple we wanted to honor with this tradition had actually already LEFT. It seems like common sense to me that you would play this Anniversary Dance song early in the night....either they forgot they were supposed to do it or didn't have common sense.
We had an amazing wedding and in no way did LI Sound ruin anything....but for the money we spent and the service we were promised we did not get exactly what we were expecting.
Wedding: 07/26/2013
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Long Island Sounds is a fantastic DJ/Music company to use for your wedding or event. The only reason they did not get a full "5" for us was because they forgot to play one of the songs we put on our "must play" list. Additionally, we had originally requested a wood setup, and they called a week before the wedding to say it broke and that they had to provide a different setup instead. They did throw in a free lighting package due to the inconvenience. However, none of our guests noticed and everyone commented on how wonderful they were. Would definitely recommend despite the few hiccups!
Wedding: 07/13/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Scott and everyone else at LI Sound are incredible. So friendly and enthusiastic, it's easy to see that they love their job! They were so flexible and easy to work with. They helped lessen the stress of wedding planning; I knew I had nothing to worry about with them. We also got SO many compliments on the music from all of our guests! The dance floor was jumping the entire time!
Wedding: 05/25/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
LI Sound did and amazing job. Chris and staff come highly recommended!
Wedding: 05/19/2013
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I had seen their work at the Great Bridal Expo in NYC. We booked them becuase Leo was amazing on that stage and you just couldn't not dance to the music. They worke with us for the pricing and all the planning was simple and quick. We did feel they were a bit pricey but based on the Expo performance, I was all for it. During the wedding, it felt like there was little MCing and they played zero line dances. We had marked wanting some played as I LOVE line dancing and knew Leo would really get everyone involved. The father daugther dance was done toward the end of the wedding and by that time a lot of people had already left. They ceratinly had people up and dancing and I did enjoy myself but felt something was lacking.
Wedding: 04/28/2013
Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Professionalism:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  4.5
Long Island Sound provided all of the entertainment for our wedding and they were wonderful! For our cocktail hour we had a live singer (Gene) who has an amazing voice and really set the tone for our party. His renditions of the classic "rat pack" songs made our guests feel as if Frank Sinatra was there! Our MC Mike N. was great- we didn't really want an overly involved MC (we have a big dancing/party crowd that doesn't need much encouragement) and he was EXACTLY what we wanted. Our intros were great, and the dance floor was PACKED all night long- the DJ played all of our favorites and made sure that all requests were ran past us first. It's great that they have a Mineola location for Nassau county/out of town customers, however, the only (small) negative is that the guy (NOT our MC) they usually send there wasn't as professional as I would have preferred or prompt in keeping appointment times- which can be frustrating when you have relocated to NJ and have rearranged your schedule to attend an appointment and are on a tight schedule. But that small blip is no reflection on the company as a whole. Overall, they kept our party going and the dance floor was always packed- to the point that people from the other event at our venue told our guests they wanted to crash our wedding!
Also- the White system is beautiful! It was so worth it to pay for this upgrade- most of our pictures will be on the dance floor, and this created an clean and classy backdrop. A must see!
Love love love LI Sound!
Wedding: 04/20/2013
Services Used: DJ, Unique Services (Other)

Melanie 5 Reviews
Long Island Sound was amazing! We used Scott for our engagement party and our wedding. The music was perfect for each part of our day. The staff is professional, on time and truly listens to your input and requests. We will continue to use Long Island Sound for every occasion!
Wedding: 03/16/2013

Vanessa 7 Reviews
I do not even know where to start. Well the had Dj my brother wedding which is were I decided on them instantly. Scott... Made my dream wedding come to life. Everything that I explained to him between lighting and music went above expectation. He also was my mc and a awesome one. The staff was very professional and friendly. Thank you for everything!! Would recommend them to anyone!!
Wedding: 01/19/2013

Anonymous 5 Reviews
The best DJ we have ever heard!! Mario did an awesome job performing for our wedding! We couldn't have asked for a more lively & enthusiastic. DJ! He was the best!!
Wedding: 1+ year ago
3.1/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.5
  • Responsiveness:  3.0
  • Professionalism:  3.5
  • Value:  2.5
  • Flexibility:  3.0
I had mixed feelings about LI Sound. I should start by saying that our DJ and MC were PHENOMENAL on the day of the wedding - our guests were literally on the dance floor the entire night, they accurately judged the mood of the group and got people of all ages to get on out and boogie :) My problems with them came before the actual event. I made an appointment to go into their office (which is about 45 minutes from where I live) and when I called to confirm, the exact same woman I had originally spoken to told me that she had never written down my appointment. When I asked if I could reschedule she said she'd call me back and never did. I called back the office a little while later and was told she was gone for the night. When I finally rescheduled for another day, I was told we could go into the office and that we had an appointment on the books, only to get to the office and find out our DJ was in a meeting with another client and we had to wait an hour and fifteen minutes to talk to him. We would have gone home except it took us so long to drive there. Like I said, all of my complaints are based on a lack of communication between individuals located at their various offices.

We also had a lighting technician who was amazing, and a ZAP photographer who was HORRIBLE. We paid extra money for him because I loved the idea of having live pictures taken and then shown on flat screens throughout the party, but he literally only took like 30 pictures in the 4 hours he was there, which kept repeating over and over again. When I spoke to him and told him I would like him to take more pictures, he took another maybe 15 and then seemed to give up for the night. I wish we hadn't paid for the ZAP photographs or the flat screen tvs - they were a waste of money. But our DJ and MC rocked! So don't count out LI Sound for their music and getting the crowd on their feet!

PS - If I was only going to rate LI Sound based on our MC/DJ I would give them at least a 4.5!
Wedding: 10/07/2012