Long Island Sound

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Long Island Sound was out of this world! Our guests havn't stopped talking about how good the music was. The dance floor was packed the entire wedding. We explained exactly the kind of music we wanted and they listened to our requests. We saw them do a demo at a bridal expo and I immediately got chills. I KNEW they were the ones! The drummer was definitely a nice addition. I never got his name but he was phenomenal. We also had a steel drummer for the cocktail hour- he also did fantastic job and our guests really liked the mood that he set. We are so glad we used them! Thank you LI Sound!

Services Used: DJ

We used LI Sound for our wedding on June 12th. They were amazing!! They had our guests up dancing the entire time and played all of the music we requested. They played a ton of great songs that kept the party going. Our MC Leo was awesome as well - highly recommended. Our reception was at the Cottage at East Wind and with the LED uplighting, light towers and beautiful white DJ system from LI Sound the room was totally transformed and looked even more amazing. We highly recommend LI Sound - the music is a huge part of a wedding and we definitely made the right decision!

Services Used: DJ, Lighting & Decor
1 person found this review helpful
1 Review
Recently Married

We had Our wedding This Past weekend and I cannot tell you how awesome LI Sound did!!!…everyone of our guests danced the entire time. At first I was a little worried, because I have a unique taste in music and my wife's family is Dominican, But The MC and the DJ read my guest perfectly. They blended the different styles together and everyone was entertained and dancing all night. One of the biggest reason we went with LI Sound was because they understood exactly what we wanted without being pushy or trying to "sell" us everything they had. I really enjoyed the planning process with them and my wife was really happy that the MC and DJ really understood her families culture. All and All LI Sound was a great choice and would recommend them to everyone

Services Used: DJ

Li Sound was AMAZING!!! Rusty was by far the best DJ I have ever heard. Vito and Rusty had the dance floor packed all night and always knew the right music to play. One of the best vendors we worked with for our wedding!

Recently Married

UNBELIEVABLE PARTY! If you want all your guests dancing and having a good time non-stop you should go with LI SOUND. They listened to my husband's and I requests and made our dreams come true. All of our guests told us that our DJ was great! We were not disappointed! We are trying to figure out how we can throw another party just to have them again! Our MC was Leo and he definitely kept the party going!

Clara
1 Review
02/07/2015

LI Sound was without a doubt a pleasure to use for our wedding. There was absolutely nothing we had to worry about before or on the day of our wedding. When we met with Chris for our finalization appointment, he gave us professional input based on his experience. The lighting/equipment/sound was like no other. Chris and his crew at LI Sound did a phenomenal job with music choices. Our guests were on the dance floor the entire night having the time of their life, along with us. We highly recommend this vendor without breaking the bank!

Services Used: DJ

LI Sound was great and Scott really worked in our budget. Our DJ was Craig and our MC was Leo. The music was great, the energy was high and people were dancing all night long. Thank you for a great wedding!

Services Used: DJ

We were initially introduced to Long Island Sound at our friends' wedding. We were impressed by their ability to keep the party going throughout the wedding while playing a variety of music. Naturally, when it was time to choose entertainment for our wedding, we visited Long Island Sound. Upon meeting with Scott, it became evident that we did not need to look any further. He was accommodating and knowledgable. In fact, we liked Scott so much we asked that he be our MC for the wedding. About two weeks before we met with Craig to finalize music, as well as our selections. He, too, was accommodating, patient and knowledgeable and it again solidified that we made the right choice.

The night of our wedding, we asked our Maitre D to show us the reeception space prior to our guests entering. It literally took our breath away. From the lighting and vertical truss placement to the plasma tvs, photo booth, and lounge- they completely understood and executed our vision. We were awestruck. They kept the party going though out the night and clearly love what they do. In fact, I think thats our favorite part about this company. They love what they do and it emanates through their work, music, decor and overall vibe. Our guests can not stop talking about the party and we cannot begin to fully express our gratitude. Thank you so much for helping to make this a night we'll never forget!
-Dave and Lisa

Long Island Sound responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. It was a pleasure working with you as well. We appreciate the opportunity to be part of your special day!

Services Used: DJ, Unique Services (Other)

I had LI Sound as my DJ for my wedding last week at Giorgio's. I cannot stress enough how wonderful they were and how fantastic the music was at my wedding. Scott was our MC and he did a great job sitting down with me to figure out the perfect blend of music for my ceremony and reception. I was having an interfaith wedding involving various ethnicities and age groups and Scott was great with helping to pick music to fit the crowd as well as my wishes. Craig was our DJ and he was also awesome. He played my song list as well as other tracks that went perfectly with mine and my husbands' musical tastes. Other than dinner time the dance floor was literally packed. Everyone raved about the music, even some of the pickier guests! Scott and Craig really worked well together and created such an amazing balance and experience. I am so happy they were the music team for my wedding, I wouldn't have had it any other way! Thank you so much to Scott, Craig and LI Sound for helping to make our wedding day so special!

Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ
Jackie
10/11/2014

After deciding to go with a DJ rather then a band, we were searching for a company that we felt comfortable with, and LI Sound was it. They came recommended by a couple different people, and were outstanding. We met with Craig who set up us up with everything we could possibly want, including live musicians to play with the DJ, and we worked from there to figure out the best possible options. We ended up with a live electric violin player to play during the reception with the DJ, and a Spanish guitar player for cocktail hour and for dinner. LISound allowed the best of both worlds. We requested Craig to be our DJ, we felt like we had "bonded" even prior to the wedding, and Leo was our MC - he was awesome! Leo kept everything running smoothly, accommodated our requests, and kept everyone happy and dancing! Craig was super helpful in choosing songs and remixes to use or not use, and was able to "read" the guests to keep them on the dance floor - he was awesome. We also had an interactive photo booth thru LISound, with an attendant. The attendant was helpful when he was around, but was often MIA when my guests needed his help - that it our ONLY complaint. Otherwise, LISound was absolutely amazing. They were easy to contact and able to answer all our questions along the way. We 100% recommend using them!

Recently Married

Long Island Sound is the most amazing dj company! Chris was our MC and he had the party roaring. The DJ had everyone up and dancing all night. Weeks later we are still getting compliments about how amazing the music was. There was never a dull moment! We even had a piano player for the cocktail hour. We had the package with zap shots and it was so unbelievably worth it! Pictures were flashing on the large, very clear, tv screens (including the huge tv screen that was the dj booth) all night and everyone loved it! The pictures came out amazing and we got them all on a decorated CD within the two weeks after the wedding! We also got the wedding mash-up and people cannot stop talking about that either! Honestly, Long Island Sound absolutely provides the greatest dj entertainment in NY! I highly recommend them, you won't be disappointed!!!

Services Used: DJ, Unique Services (Other)

Wow!!!! My wedding was absolutely amazing and I have to give a lot of that credit to our DJ craig and MC dave. They were absolutely amazing. There are NO words to explain how thankful I am. The dance floor was crowded all night. The music was perfect. They listened to my every request and the request of our guests. I cant say enough good things. Thank you!!!!!! LI SoUNd is awesome

Services Used: DJ

Amazing Everyone was on the dance floor, I didnt not stop dancing the entire night. The maitre d told me its rare a bride has that much fun at their own wedding and I play that off to how great the DJ and Mc were. We asked for an odd request and the got it fully correct. Also we booked our photobooth through them and that was a huge hit !! THANK YOU for everything we will 100% recommend them to everyone

Services Used: DJ

We had booked LI Sound over a year in advance and good thing we did! My now-husband and I had worked with both Leo and Craig and they put together the greatest package of any wedding I had ever been to. My husband was very involved in the planning and they all worked well and everything was perfect! Our MC Chris and DJ Matty had kept the crowd going all night long on the dance floor, and Chris did an amazing job announcing our wedding party. Unfortunately I didn't get the names of our zap-shot artist and photo-booth attendant but they were both great as well. They had also did a great job keeping a surprise quiet that my father-in-law had planned for me. I highly recommend them to anyone looking to book the happiest day of their lives.

Tara & Jake
Recently Married

My fiancé and I agreed that music was one of the most, if not THE most, important component of our wedding. A friend of mine recommended Long Island Sound after using them for her wedding, and I am very glad she did! Our wedding was a non-stop dance party! Vito was our emcee and Mike P. was our DJ and they were the ideal team for our event. They looked at our playlist and instead of just playing the songs on there, they played those songs and more that really reflected our style - a mix of old & new music that would just get everyone out on the dance floor. They really nailed it! They also did the music for our on-site ceremony and provided a mike for our officiant and everything on that end worked out perfectly also. And at the end of the night, we got more complements on our music than any other part of the wedding. I would recommend these guys without reservation to anyone planning a wedding where you want your guests to have a GREAT time!

jennifer
08/31/2014

So happy with it all. They kept the party going all night long and had everyone involved. I worked with Craig and he was always available if I needed him. They are all true professionals and they helped make our day even that much more special.

Services Used: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Photography