Lochel's Bakery

Lochel's Bakery

57 S YORK RD
Hatboro, PA 19040 | map
Desserts: Cookies, Cupcakes, Dessert Buffet, Groom's Cake, Pas...
Additional services: Consultations, On-site Delivery, On-site Setup, Pick...
Dietary options: Gluten Free

Value:
Flexibility:
(4.8 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We got our wedding cake from Lochel's Bakery for our wedding and we couldn't be happier. The tasting experience was so fun, and we were so surprised that our venue had included so many upgrades. We were thrilled with the choices of designs and picked one that perfectly matched our feel for our wedding.

A few days before the wedding, we confirmed the guest count and Lochel's took it from there. We didn't have to worry about a thing. The cake was there on time, looking beautiful, and just how we ordered it. We got so many compliments on how beautiful it was, and I'm so happy with how it came out.

AND the most important part - IT WAS DELICIOUS! The best wedding cake I've ever had. I had people stopping me to tell me how delicious the cake was. I definitely recommend Lochel's for any bride.

• Wedding: 12/13/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our wedding cake was amazing. It looked good and tasted delicious. It blew us away when we saw it in person. It was exactly what we were looking for. They are great to work with. When went for our first tasting at the Radisson and then we went for a second tasting at the bakery to decide on the flavor and style. The staff was nice and they really took care of us.

• Wedding: 12/06/2014
Maureen
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Lochel's provided the wedding cake for my daughters wedding. Coming from a family that bakes all cakes homemade I've never found a bakery cake that comes close to the flavor or texture of a homemade cake until I tasted this wedding cake! The cake provided by Lochel's was the most flavorful bakery cake I've ever eaten. I highly recommend Lochel's for any function. I liked their product so much that I will be looking into making a Christmas purchase!

• Wedding: 11/29/2014
Cathy
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our wedding cake was included with our venue package. The cake came out so much better than what I was expecting. We did have to change the design a little bit because our guest numbers dropped below the minimum for what we chose, but it still looked just as amazing, and it was yummy too! The girls at the bakery are pretty nice and easy to work with as well.

• Wedding: 11/01/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Lochel's Bakery was where our wedding venue outsourced their cakes to and we could not have been luckier. Lochel's is a wonderful store with tons of charm and nostalgia. When we went there for our tasting their staff was friendly and helpful. We had tons of options to choose from for our cakes in terms of style and there were so many delicious flavors. I am not normally a huge cake fan but even I loved all the choices that we tried. The cakes were so delicious and so moist - any flavor you choose would be a winner. For our 2 flavors we selected chocolate chip and raspberry marble. We had an amazingly beautiful 4 tier wedding cake with a rhinestone band that was part of their normal package. On the day of our wedding, the cake looked so great in the pictures and we barely had any leftovers, an indication of how delicious it was. If your venue is associated with Lochel's or if you have a choice in where you can get your cake, Lochel's is a first class bakery!

• Wedding: 11/01/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Amazing! My cake and cupcakes were as zing on our wedding day! My guests loved them!

• Wedding: 10/31/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We were recently married on September 27th, 2014. One of the details of the wedding planning that my husband and I were both looking forward to was cake selection! We went for our cake testing and it was one of my favorite days. We had a variety of flavors to select and taste. My husband and I have the same "taste" (pun intended) in cake flavors. We went with chocolate and chocolate chip. We selected a beautiful ivory 4 tiered square cake with a touch of "bling" on it. In the back of our minds we both couldn't stop thinking about the awesome sprinkle cake that Lochel's had. About 4 weeks prior to our wedding I emailed Maura the store manager to ask if we could make a change and select the sprinkle cake. It was no problem at all! My hubby had no idea until the day of the wedding that our cake would be "talked about everyday" sprinkle cake. One of the best pictures we have is my husband seeing the surprise sprinkle cake. It was the most BEAUTIFUL cake ever. Our wedding was formal and elegant and this cake added a bit of fun. It was simply perfect. It was fun with a touch of elegance with the ribbons added to it. Until this day- 47 days later- everyone is still talking about our cake. Not only was it beautiful- it was one of the best tasting cakes we have ever had - and we take our cake eating seriously :). If you want a beautiful cake (they have SO many selections), great taste and excellent service- Lochel's Bakery is the way to go for sure! We also got our awesome hamburger cake for our rehearsal dinner there. Next up- Thanksgiving dessert will be ordered from Lochel's :)

• Wedding: 09/27/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Thanks Lochels the cake was amazing!!! There was none left over it was so good thanks again!!!

Lochel's Bakery responded with the following comments:

Thanks so much for your time in reviewing Lochel's Bakery! It means a lot to us to have been a part of your beautiful day! We wish you both the very best in life, the happiest of days and health!

• Wedding: 09/13/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

They made the most GORGEOUS wedding cake EVER for my husband and I! It was a unique leopard print cake and they even created a start line on it for us! OUTSTANDING! It really exceeded my expectations and you guys kept it so classy and so US!!!! We absolutely loved it!!! And not to mention the cake was AMAZING!!!! Highlight of our reception. Thank you thank you thank you!! :)

Lochel's Bakery responded with the following comments:

WOW this is awesome! WE are so happy to hear how much you loved your cake as we did too!! It is actually going into our album of cakes now:) Congrats to you both and may you both live a healthy and happy life together! s Bakery

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had a delicious and beautiful cake from Lochel's at our wedding at Centre Bridge Inn. We chose raspberry almond and mocha chocolate chip for different layers of our cake. Both were delicious--we've especially gotten compliments about the mocha chocolate chip. It was easy to schedule a tasting, and we had fun looking through all of the beautiful cake photos. We chose a gorgeous one with sunflowers, which were the main flower we used in our floral arrangements.

Lochel's Bakery responded with the following comments:

Thanks for reviewing us Laurie! It was a pleasure to work with you and be a sweet part of your Wedding! We wish you the very best and anything we can do for you in the future please ask~ Kathleen

• Wedding: 06/28/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We did not use Lochel's Bakery for my actual wedding cake as we went with a bakery contracted into the package with our venue. We did use them, however, to make our wedding favors (huge black & white cookies). The cookies were SOOOOOO yummy! They were made fresh the day they were required, and they even put our "Thank You" stickers on the boxes for us so that we did not have to do it ourselves....SUCH a time saver! We go there all the time now just for treats!

Lochel's Bakery responded with the following comments:

Thanks so much for your review! We are so happy you enjoyed the Black and White cookies just as much as we did making them! You both are wonderful people and I hope you live a happy, healthy life together! Thanks for inviting us to be a sweet part of your day! Fondly, Kathleen

• Wedding: 06/14/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Lochel's provided cupcakes for my wedding, which I had in lieu of a cake.

When I scheduled a tasting, I gave almost no notice saying I'd be in Philadelphia that weekend (i'm about 2 hours from Philadelphia). No problem, Kathleen (the owner) found a time that worked our jam packed weekend. She greeted us with a huge list of flavors and let us do a lot of sampling. I told her about our wedding, and she immediately picked up on what we wanted - variety, some classic favorites, some kid-friendly flavors, and some unique flavors. She didn't try to sell us anything we didn't need, she told us the best flavors for groups (and was right on). She recommended that we buy our own cupcake tower as it would be sturdier, and gave us ideas for where to get one cheap. You can tell she's very invested in her work and extremely dedicated. Every time I emailed her she got back to me immediately, and the bakery as a whole was very professional. I asked for a custom flavor and she made it for us - pistachio icing with chocolate cake! I didn't ask for the top tier of my cake to be decorated, but she did some gorgeous piping that I loved. each cupcake was its own work of art as well.

Best flavors: lemon delight, orange creamsicle, chocolate peanut butter, cosmopolitan, french toast, carrot cake, and plain old vanilla icing on chocolate cake. :)

Oh, and if you order a zillion flavors like me be sure to bring LABELS so people know what they are eating instead of guessing. I forgot to do that!

Lochel's Bakery responded with the following comments:

Thanks so much! The pleasure has been all ours! We loved working with you and glad we could be a sweet part of your day. Your cupcake choices were amazing, as you both are:) May you both have a healthy and happy life together! <3 Kathleen

• Wedding: 05/24/2014
2.2/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 2.5
  • Responsiveness: 3.0
  • Professionalism: 0.5
  • Value: 2.0
  • Flexibility: 3.0

I had booked my reception where Lochel's was the contracted cake company. I went to the tasting with my parents and husband. We tried different cakes, which were all good. Due to the size of my reception, I needed a cake that would accommodate. They suggested a fourth tier to add onto the cake. We all agreed that would be exactly what we needed. We ordered the cake, design, color scheme, tiers - all of it.

After the wedding, I received a call from Lochel's saying I owe an outstanding balance. When I called the store, the manager was "too busy" to speak with me. What was relayed to me was that since we added the fourth tier, I owed over $100. This was never a written agreement, we were never billed and we were never told that we would owe additional funds. Since nothing is in writing, it is not enforceable. However, the customer service from Lochel's leads more to be desired.

Lochel's Bakery responded with the following comments:

Thanks for your time in reviewing Lochels Bakery. All information regarding the upgrade was clearly stated and 3 call attempts were made including 1 the week of your Wedding. We in good faith delivered your Wedding Cake because at the appt you requested 4 tiers if your count fell below a certain number, we did a 4 tier cake which was beautifully done! With 1 call before your Wedding we called twice after and calls went to a voice mail which noted mail box was full. Again we thank you for your review. Many, many people get Wedding cakes from us and are happy with them. Congratulations and best wishes on your marriage!

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Lochel's Bakery did an incredible job with my wedding cake. Not only were they able to replicate the design of my dress onto the cake, they also decorated the top with roses stunningly. Kathleen really took the time to listen to my requests and executed them perfectly. It was the cake I always dreamed of. Not only was it beautiful, but also extremely delicious. I had multiple people ask me where it was from for future events of their own. Needless to say, I will also be using Lochel's from now on. Thank you so much!

• Wedding: 05/10/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The experience I had with Lochel's from beginning to end from choosing my wedding cake and decorations to the finished product was phenomenal! The staff was outstanding, incredibly friendly and more than willing to help and give suggestions when necessary but by no means pushy or overpowering. They were definitely out to make the experience about what we wanted and using their expertise to ensure that happened. We chose 2 different types of pound cake and it was beyond delicious, I've never had a fresher cake and the guests could not have loved it more! The decorating on it was absolutely stunning and tasteful! I can not do this bakery justice for the service they provided me. I would highly recommend them to anyone; you will NOT be disappointed!

Lochel's Bakery responded with the following comments:

Thanks so much very much for your kind words and time in making this review! We truly appreciate it, greatly! It has been a pleasure to work with you and make your day "sweeter" with a delicious, beautiful cake! We work very hard to make things right, although we can make mistakes, we truly take great pride in our work. We wish you both the VERY BEST in life and look forward to seeing your friendly faces in the bakery! <3

• Wedding: 05/10/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We didn't have direct contact with Lochel's because everything was done through the Radisson where we were hosting our event. We had originally picked out a cake at the tasting that we liked but before the wedding we were told that they bakery couldn't find the design. They have beautiful cakes so finding another one that we liked wouldn't be a problem. They were very accommodating and took care of our concerns. I couldn't believe how absolutely delicious the cake was & the presentation was beautifully done. Everyone kept raving about how gorgeous the cake was and how great it tasted. Thank you so much!

• Wedding: 05/09/2014
215-773-9779
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards