Lochel's Bakery

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Lochel's Bakery is the vendor the Radisson Hotel in NE Philly uses for their wedding packages. We had our cake tasting and consultation at the bakery, and Maura made it fun and easy! Also the pound cake is absolutely delicious, and very light and fluffy, not at all heavy or dense. The flavors were fantastic too and we ended up getting both lemon and raspberry almond for no extra charge. Lochel's was so great in taking our ideas and colors and making a beautiful and unique cake for our big day!!

Lochel's Bakery responded with the following comments:

Thanks for your time reviewing us and your kind words! We truly appreciate being a sweet part of your day and look forward to more cakes in the future! Congrats and we wish you a world of happiness!!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Our wedding cake was made by Lochel's. The cake was absolutely delicious and looked beautiful. The designing process was seamless and so easy! Thank you Lochel's!

Lochel's Bakery responded with the following comments:

Thanks for your time reviewing us!! We are so thrilled to hear and happy to be a sweet part of your day! Congrats and we wish you both the very best!

Recently Married

Yum!!!! Our cake was super delicious! We requested the raspberry cake and it was out if this world. They even made a special "extra" piece just for my husband! They were amazing!

Lochel's Bakery responded with the following comments:

Thanks for your time reviewing us and the kind words! We are so happy to be a part of your special day! Congrats to you both and may you both have health and happiness!

1 Review
1.0

Lochel’s made my wedding cake for my wedding at a local country club. I thought it was wonderful because the cake payment was included in my payments to the country club. When I went to pick out the cake I wanted, I picked a cake that had an upcharge. I was told with the number of guests we were inviting that it would warrant a 5 tier cake. (over 200 guests and a $75 charge). I thought this was steep so I asked how I could make it cheaper. Then I was told that if our number came in under 200, we would have a 4 tier cake and a $50 charge. So we came in under 200 and low and behold, I found a $75 charge on my credit card! When I asked for a refund, I was greeted with the rude owner who refused to give me my money. Don’t do the upcharge at all costs! They will rip you off. I will certainly never buy anything here again.

Lochel's Bakery responded with the following comments:

As anyone reading our reviews can see Lochel's Bakery getting such a review is not common. We have a written threat from this Bride. All the facts are not correct. Again as other brides and clients can see this is not common. The is a totally other side to this.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Our wedding cake was amazing! It was above and beyond our expectations! We fell in love with the picture upon choosing and were even more in love with the final product. The cake itself was absolutely delicious! Maura was extremely helpful when I had questions as well. The cake was delivered to our reception with no issues. I could not have asked for anything better or more beautiful!!

1 person found this review helpful

We got our wedding cake from Lochel's Bakery for our wedding and we couldn't be happier. The tasting experience was so fun, and we were so surprised that our venue had included so many upgrades. We were thrilled with the choices of designs and picked one that perfectly matched our feel for our wedding.

A few days before the wedding, we confirmed the guest count and Lochel's took it from there. We didn't have to worry about a thing. The cake was there on time, looking beautiful, and just how we ordered it. We got so many compliments on how beautiful it was, and I'm so happy with how it came out.

AND the most important part - IT WAS DELICIOUS! The best wedding cake I've ever had. I had people stopping me to tell me how delicious the cake was. I definitely recommend Lochel's for any bride.

Maureen
12/06/2014

Our wedding cake was amazing. It looked good and tasted delicious. It blew us away when we saw it in person. It was exactly what we were looking for. They are great to work with. When went for our first tasting at the Radisson and then we went for a second tasting at the bakery to decide on the flavor and style. The staff was nice and they really took care of us.

Cathy
11/29/2014

Lochel's provided the wedding cake for my daughters wedding. Coming from a family that bakes all cakes homemade I've never found a bakery cake that comes close to the flavor or texture of a homemade cake until I tasted this wedding cake! The cake provided by Lochel's was the most flavorful bakery cake I've ever eaten. I highly recommend Lochel's for any function. I liked their product so much that I will be looking into making a Christmas purchase!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Our wedding cake was included with our venue package. The cake came out so much better than what I was expecting. We did have to change the design a little bit because our guest numbers dropped below the minimum for what we chose, but it still looked just as amazing, and it was yummy too! The girls at the bakery are pretty nice and easy to work with as well.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Lochel's Bakery was where our wedding venue outsourced their cakes to and we could not have been luckier. Lochel's is a wonderful store with tons of charm and nostalgia. When we went there for our tasting their staff was friendly and helpful. We had tons of options to choose from for our cakes in terms of style and there were so many delicious flavors. I am not normally a huge cake fan but even I loved all the choices that we tried. The cakes were so delicious and so moist - any flavor you choose would be a winner. For our 2 flavors we selected chocolate chip and raspberry marble. We had an amazingly beautiful 4 tier wedding cake with a rhinestone band that was part of their normal package. On the day of our wedding, the cake looked so great in the pictures and we barely had any leftovers, an indication of how delicious it was. If your venue is associated with Lochel's or if you have a choice in where you can get your cake, Lochel's is a first class bakery!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Amazing! My cake and cupcakes were as zing on our wedding day! My guests loved them!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We were recently married on September 27th, 2014. One of the details of the wedding planning that my husband and I were both looking forward to was cake selection! We went for our cake testing and it was one of my favorite days. We had a variety of flavors to select and taste. My husband and I have the same "taste" (pun intended) in cake flavors. We went with chocolate and chocolate chip. We selected a beautiful ivory 4 tiered square cake with a touch of "bling" on it. In the back of our minds we both couldn't stop thinking about the awesome sprinkle cake that Lochel's had. About 4 weeks prior to our wedding I emailed Maura the store manager to ask if we could make a change and select the sprinkle cake. It was no problem at all! My hubby had no idea until the day of the wedding that our cake would be "talked about everyday" sprinkle cake. One of the best pictures we have is my husband seeing the surprise sprinkle cake. It was the most BEAUTIFUL cake ever. Our wedding was formal and elegant and this cake added a bit of fun. It was simply perfect. It was fun with a touch of elegance with the ribbons added to it. Until this day- 47 days later- everyone is still talking about our cake. Not only was it beautiful- it was one of the best tasting cakes we have ever had - and we take our cake eating seriously :). If you want a beautiful cake (they have SO many selections), great taste and excellent service- Lochel's Bakery is the way to go for sure! We also got our awesome hamburger cake for our rehearsal dinner there. Next up- Thanksgiving dessert will be ordered from Lochel's :)

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Thanks Lochels the cake was amazing!!! There was none left over it was so good thanks again!!!

Lochel's Bakery responded with the following comments:

Thanks so much for your time in reviewing Lochel's Bakery! It means a lot to us to have been a part of your beautiful day! We wish you both the very best in life, the happiest of days and health!

Recently Married

They made the most GORGEOUS wedding cake EVER for my husband and I! It was a unique leopard print cake and they even created a start line on it for us! OUTSTANDING! It really exceeded my expectations and you guys kept it so classy and so US!!!! We absolutely loved it!!! And not to mention the cake was AMAZING!!!! Highlight of our reception. Thank you thank you thank you!! :)

Lochel's Bakery responded with the following comments:

WOW this is awesome! WE are so happy to hear how much you loved your cake as we did too!! It is actually going into our album of cakes now:) Congrats to you both and may you both live a healthy and happy life together! s Bakery

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We had a delicious and beautiful cake from Lochel's at our wedding at Centre Bridge Inn. We chose raspberry almond and mocha chocolate chip for different layers of our cake. Both were delicious--we've especially gotten compliments about the mocha chocolate chip. It was easy to schedule a tasting, and we had fun looking through all of the beautiful cake photos. We chose a gorgeous one with sunflowers, which were the main flower we used in our floral arrangements.

Lochel's Bakery responded with the following comments:

Thanks for reviewing us Laurie! It was a pleasure to work with you and be a sweet part of your Wedding! We wish you the very best and anything we can do for you in the future please ask~ Kathleen

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We did not use Lochel's Bakery for my actual wedding cake as we went with a bakery contracted into the package with our venue. We did use them, however, to make our wedding favors (huge black & white cookies). The cookies were SOOOOOO yummy! They were made fresh the day they were required, and they even put our "Thank You" stickers on the boxes for us so that we did not have to do it ourselves....SUCH a time saver! We go there all the time now just for treats!

Lochel's Bakery responded with the following comments:

Thanks so much for your review! We are so happy you enjoyed the Black and White cookies just as much as we did making them! You both are wonderful people and I hope you live a happy, healthy life together! Thanks for inviting us to be a sweet part of your day! Fondly, Kathleen