Lochel's Bakery

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Lochel's made the most incredible cupcakes for our wedding!!!! Our guests RAVED about them. I can't wait to go to the bakery and pick up some more! They have so many flavors to choose from. They looked as good as they tasted!

1 Review
1.0

*This is for customer service post wedding day*

My wife and I ordered our wedding cake from Lochel's Bakery. The experience of choosing the cake design and flavor was pleasant. The employee guiding us through the process was professional and helpful. We decided on the Raspberry Swirl as the bottom and top tier of our cake since it was our favorite flavor.

The horrible experience began on our wedding day. When we cut our cake and it was being served, we realized that the entire cake was vanilla, and there was no Raspberry Swirl. My wife was extremely upset by this so our wedding venue called Lochel's to make a complaint. They "remedied" the situation by offering us a free Raspberry Swirl cake and a second complimentary cake on our 1st Wedding Anniversary.

We went to pick up the first free cake and we were treated in the most disrespectful and unprofessional manner. I first noticed a particular employee being extremely impatient and rude to a customer in front of us with two children. Clearly, the children were excited, and they couldn't make up their mind on exactly what they wanted. It was clear by the face of the employee serving them that she was extremely annoyed, and she proceeded to make faces and mumble under breath, as she turned her back to ring them up. She asked the mother "are you sure this time" in a condescending and disrespectful tone.

We were next in line to be served. As we approached the counter, she asked my wife in a smug manner, "you are the no charge cake, right?" She had a grin on her face as if she said this to further upset us and make a point. Considering the fact that this was Lochel's mistake in the first place, we were caught off guard with how we were being treated. This employee should not be working anywhere near the customers. She completely ruined our opinion of the bakery and made a bad situation much worse. The bakery called to apologize. We will never do business with this place again, even for FREE.

Lochel's Bakery responded with the following comments:

Thanks so much for you time in reviewing Lochel's Bakery. First, congratulations on your nupitals, we wish you the absolute best! Secondly, to correct the wedding cake and give accurate information, yes your bottom wedding cake was supposed to be Raspberry Marble but Instead you were given Lemon Marble. It was an unfortunate accident for which we approached the very next morning after your wedding to try to rectify and of course apologize for. When we caught the mix of of your wedding cake we wanted to approach it, we took FULL responsibility for and know it was an error that the cake decorator made. We have apologized in writing and verbally, again took full responsibility for. The person whom did the mix up called to apologize and on her own will offered a new raspberry marble cake, which was ordered. Sadly after us taking responsibility you didn't have the best experience with an assistant, again we apologized and the employee in question we will handle. This employee gets numerous compliments but we value all opinions and will handle. You then took to social media bad mouthing us, neglecting to inform all information, a customer whom your friends with on social media called us and said they thought we should know of the post, we called to address you. We wished you would of asked for a manager then because we need to be told about wrong doings so we can better all experiences instead of taking to social media, however that's your choice and again we respect all opinions. We have apologized numerous times and took full responsibility. Your opinion matters as everyone's does. Again we wish you the best.

Cheryl
05/24/2015

Our Wedding cake was exactly what we wanted. Everyone loved the flavors and loved the design we did. The sunflowers were great!!!!!

Lochel's Bakery responded with the following comments:

Thanks so much for your review! We appreciate the time and of course thank you so much for letting us be a sweet part of your day! We wish you the best !! Thanks again, Lochel's Bakery

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Lochel's Bakery is the vendor the Radisson Hotel in NE Philly uses for their wedding packages. We had our cake tasting and consultation at the bakery, and Maura made it fun and easy! Also the pound cake is absolutely delicious, and very light and fluffy, not at all heavy or dense. The flavors were fantastic too and we ended up getting both lemon and raspberry almond for no extra charge. Lochel's was so great in taking our ideas and colors and making a beautiful and unique cake for our big day!!

Lochel's Bakery responded with the following comments:

Thanks for your time reviewing us and your kind words! We truly appreciate being a sweet part of your day and look forward to more cakes in the future! Congrats and we wish you a world of happiness!!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Our wedding cake was made by Lochel's. The cake was absolutely delicious and looked beautiful. The designing process was seamless and so easy! Thank you Lochel's!

Lochel's Bakery responded with the following comments:

Thanks for your time reviewing us!! We are so thrilled to hear and happy to be a sweet part of your day! Congrats and we wish you both the very best!

Recently Married

Yum!!!! Our cake was super delicious! We requested the raspberry cake and it was out if this world. They even made a special "extra" piece just for my husband! They were amazing!

Lochel's Bakery responded with the following comments:

Thanks for your time reviewing us and the kind words! We are so happy to be a part of your special day! Congrats to you both and may you both have health and happiness!

1 Review
1.0

Lochel’s made my wedding cake for my wedding at a local country club. I thought it was wonderful because the cake payment was included in my payments to the country club. When I went to pick out the cake I wanted, I picked a cake that had an upcharge. I was told with the number of guests we were inviting that it would warrant a 5 tier cake. (over 200 guests and a $75 charge). I thought this was steep so I asked how I could make it cheaper. Then I was told that if our number came in under 200, we would have a 4 tier cake and a $50 charge. So we came in under 200 and low and behold, I found a $75 charge on my credit card! When I asked for a refund, I was greeted with the rude owner who refused to give me my money. Don’t do the upcharge at all costs! They will rip you off. I will certainly never buy anything here again.

Lochel's Bakery responded with the following comments:

As anyone reading our reviews can see Lochel's Bakery getting such a review is not common. We have a written threat from this Bride. All the facts are not correct. Again as other brides and clients can see this is not common. The is a totally other side to this.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Our wedding cake was amazing! It was above and beyond our expectations! We fell in love with the picture upon choosing and were even more in love with the final product. The cake itself was absolutely delicious! Maura was extremely helpful when I had questions as well. The cake was delivered to our reception with no issues. I could not have asked for anything better or more beautiful!!

1 person found this review helpful

We got our wedding cake from Lochel's Bakery for our wedding and we couldn't be happier. The tasting experience was so fun, and we were so surprised that our venue had included so many upgrades. We were thrilled with the choices of designs and picked one that perfectly matched our feel for our wedding.

A few days before the wedding, we confirmed the guest count and Lochel's took it from there. We didn't have to worry about a thing. The cake was there on time, looking beautiful, and just how we ordered it. We got so many compliments on how beautiful it was, and I'm so happy with how it came out.

AND the most important part - IT WAS DELICIOUS! The best wedding cake I've ever had. I had people stopping me to tell me how delicious the cake was. I definitely recommend Lochel's for any bride.

Maureen
12/06/2014

Our wedding cake was amazing. It looked good and tasted delicious. It blew us away when we saw it in person. It was exactly what we were looking for. They are great to work with. When went for our first tasting at the Radisson and then we went for a second tasting at the bakery to decide on the flavor and style. The staff was nice and they really took care of us.

Cathy
11/29/2014

Lochel's provided the wedding cake for my daughters wedding. Coming from a family that bakes all cakes homemade I've never found a bakery cake that comes close to the flavor or texture of a homemade cake until I tasted this wedding cake! The cake provided by Lochel's was the most flavorful bakery cake I've ever eaten. I highly recommend Lochel's for any function. I liked their product so much that I will be looking into making a Christmas purchase!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Our wedding cake was included with our venue package. The cake came out so much better than what I was expecting. We did have to change the design a little bit because our guest numbers dropped below the minimum for what we chose, but it still looked just as amazing, and it was yummy too! The girls at the bakery are pretty nice and easy to work with as well.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Lochel's Bakery was where our wedding venue outsourced their cakes to and we could not have been luckier. Lochel's is a wonderful store with tons of charm and nostalgia. When we went there for our tasting their staff was friendly and helpful. We had tons of options to choose from for our cakes in terms of style and there were so many delicious flavors. I am not normally a huge cake fan but even I loved all the choices that we tried. The cakes were so delicious and so moist - any flavor you choose would be a winner. For our 2 flavors we selected chocolate chip and raspberry marble. We had an amazingly beautiful 4 tier wedding cake with a rhinestone band that was part of their normal package. On the day of our wedding, the cake looked so great in the pictures and we barely had any leftovers, an indication of how delicious it was. If your venue is associated with Lochel's or if you have a choice in where you can get your cake, Lochel's is a first class bakery!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Amazing! My cake and cupcakes were as zing on our wedding day! My guests loved them!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We were recently married on September 27th, 2014. One of the details of the wedding planning that my husband and I were both looking forward to was cake selection! We went for our cake testing and it was one of my favorite days. We had a variety of flavors to select and taste. My husband and I have the same "taste" (pun intended) in cake flavors. We went with chocolate and chocolate chip. We selected a beautiful ivory 4 tiered square cake with a touch of "bling" on it. In the back of our minds we both couldn't stop thinking about the awesome sprinkle cake that Lochel's had. About 4 weeks prior to our wedding I emailed Maura the store manager to ask if we could make a change and select the sprinkle cake. It was no problem at all! My hubby had no idea until the day of the wedding that our cake would be "talked about everyday" sprinkle cake. One of the best pictures we have is my husband seeing the surprise sprinkle cake. It was the most BEAUTIFUL cake ever. Our wedding was formal and elegant and this cake added a bit of fun. It was simply perfect. It was fun with a touch of elegance with the ribbons added to it. Until this day- 47 days later- everyone is still talking about our cake. Not only was it beautiful- it was one of the best tasting cakes we have ever had - and we take our cake eating seriously :). If you want a beautiful cake (they have SO many selections), great taste and excellent service- Lochel's Bakery is the way to go for sure! We also got our awesome hamburger cake for our rehearsal dinner there. Next up- Thanksgiving dessert will be ordered from Lochel's :)

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Thanks Lochels the cake was amazing!!! There was none left over it was so good thanks again!!!

Lochel's Bakery responded with the following comments:

Thanks so much for your time in reviewing Lochel's Bakery! It means a lot to us to have been a part of your beautiful day! We wish you both the very best in life, the happiest of days and health!