Reviews (20)
 (4.8/5.0)
Flexibility:

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
We found David Miranda through Live Oak DJ and we are so glad that we decided to hire him for our wedding! He met with us several times to go over the music choices and timeline and his service was fantastic. David mixed in our favorite songs and the mood was just right for the ceremony, cocktail, and dinner. Our guests had so much fun dancing until the very last song. He really made our big night memorable! Thank you!!
Wedding: 09/20/2014
4.7/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Professionalism:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We loved Mike and so did our guests. He was very nice and very profeesional
Wedding: 09/19/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
DJ Bradley was AMAZING!! He was genuinely interested in the grooms and my musical styles and played all of our favorite songs. He was very flexible especially with price. He was able to adjust his rate with what we needed him for (4 hour long reception).
Wedding: 08/17/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We hired DJ Mike Marischen for our wedding and couldn't be more pleased! Music is what we cared about the most as we wanted our guests to let loose and have a good time that evening.

We had several phone and skype meetings with Mike leading up to our big day. He was always organized and made us feel like we were his only client. We wanted an eclectic mix of 70s, 80s, 90s, 2000s, country and even current hits and he seamlessly tied every song together. Earlier in the night he started with music that he knew the older crowd would enjoy while the younger generations were at the bar. When our friends were ready to move to the dance floor, Mike effortlessly switched up the music and we stayed dancing the rest of the night. I've been to many weddings where the music either makes or breaks the reception and DJ Mike helped us have the party we always wanted. He guided us on our ideas and was honest on what would and probably wouldn't work. He even did a beautiful job editing our first dance song to take out a long instrumental piece. And quickly switched the version of the mother-son dance at the groom's request.

DJ Mike was also incredibly responsive and professional in all of our communications. At the end of each meeting he told us the exact "next steps" and would always send follow up emails as reminders of what information he still needed from us. One of our concerns early on was having a DJ that was too vocal and he assured us that, unless his client wants him to, he stays off the microphone outside of the major announcements. He was always attentive and confirmed with us that we were happy with requests as long as it made sense at the time. When an immediate family member requested a slow song when the entire crowd was enjoying dancing at a faster pace, he made sure to ask us first since he knew it would change the vibe. I am thrilled we found DJ Mike Marischen -- his work ethic is incredible and he made our reception one we (and our guests!) will never forget
Wedding: 07/19/2014
  • Flexibility:  4.5
DJ Larry Page was a pleasure to work with in planning the music and lighting for my daughter's wedding. DJ Larry is professional, upbeat, listens to suggestions, and really knows how to appeal to the crowd at hand. He is ethical and honest, and always does what he says he is going to do. DJ Larry worked well with the wedding planner and the facility staff as well. DJ Larry comes highly recommended by our entire family! Way to go Larry!
Wedding: 06/14/2014
Services Used: DJ, Lighting & Decor
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
This review is specifically for DJ Ray of Live Oak DJ. He was great! He kept the music flowing all night, made announcements at the appropriate times, was very professional, and did a great job of setting up the up lights we requested to boot. He responded to all of our emails and requests leading up to the wedding, and he really stuck to our no play list (despite the complaints of our older relatives). Live Oak was a great company to work with overall (they also did our photo booth and lighting) and I recommend them, especially because they are kind of a one stop shop.
Wedding: 03/29/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
AMAZING. We had DJ Mike for our wedding and he was AWESOME. He was so much fun to work with in the weeks leading up to it, he had awesome recommendations, and really took time to know what we wanted. He had a great balance of listening to our wishes and making recommendations. He read the crowd and kept the dance floor full the entire time! He went above and beyond to set up speakers all over- we had him for our ceremony and reception- so there was music inside and outside. He was super professional, on time (early, even!), awesome on the microphone to introduce us (but not on it much else, didn't try to 'entertain' or overuse it), very flexible, and a genuinely good guy who wanted to make our day as special and as fun as possible. HIGHLY recommend!
Wedding: 03/01/2014

Jaci 3 Reviews
DJ Sean Alan was worth every dollar!! Our wedding was in Austin but we live in Houston so didn't have a chance to meet before the wedding. Sean came to our venue after our rehearsal so we could meet and he could get a feel for what we liked. He asked us a few questions and totally got what we wanted! No one left the dance floor the entire night and he is seriously the NICEST person ever. He was there to help with everything, and answered every email immediately. You won't regret hiring Sean and will seriously love him!!
Wedding: 12/31/2013
4.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  2.5
  • Value:  2.5

Kimberly 9 Reviews
I struggled with maybe not leaving a review because I didn't want to say anything not nice about our DJ. Maybe I should have been more clear with our music tastes- although we spent hours and hours filling out our "love it" and "like it" playlists and I think maybe we just have very picky music tastes. This is not to say that our guests didn't have fun- he did get our ceremony and specific songs like first dance, cake cutting, etc correct... it just seems like when it was time to play anything else - he had that "I know what the crowd wants" approach, as my Maid of Honor says. We didn't want your typical wedding music. DJ Ray was super nice, super laid back and a really good guy. Our guests were happy, but I would have wanted a little more unique song choices. Good company, nice guy... just not everything we were hoping for.
Wedding: 10/20/2013

A+B 10 Reviews
Mike Marischen from Live Oak DJ did a phenomenal job with the sound for our ceremony and reception! We interviewed DJ's from four companies and Mike was the most down-to-earth, easy to talk to, and clearly passionate about providing "perfect" service to give your wedding the sound you want it to have. He was also one of the lower prices (albeit all within a similar range) for what we needed. Our event was entirely outdoors and the venue already had a lot of string lights so we really only used him for sound services - no additional lighting was needed.

For the ceremony, the sound was always clear and at just the right volume. He had wireless mics for the officiant and groom and a standing mic for readers. I'm not actually sure where the speakers were because I never noticed them on the day and haven't spotted them in any photos so his setup was kept out of the way, but in such a way that it was still effective!

We used Live Oak's online system (super easy) to tell him what we definitely wanted played, what we liked but didn't require to be played, and what we absolutely did not want played. The music he played was exactly what we were going for, the energy level was always appropriate for what was going on, and the transitions throughout the night always felt easy - never jarring as we've experienced at other events. Mike only made the announcements we requested and was very professional. Per our request, when more than one person requested a song from our do-not-play list, he checked with us before playing it. We had multiple people request a list of the songs that were played and comment how fantastic the music was all night!

With Mike, we got exactly what we were looking for - an easygoing DJ who went perfectly with the flow, understood our varied musical taste, and enhanced the experience of our wedding by being a part of the event rather than someone who was in the spotlight/running the show. We highly recommend Mike from Live Oak DJ!
Wedding: 10/19/2013
Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ

Private User 2 Reviews
Our DJ was Mike Marischen with Live Oak DJ. He was the best DJ we could have ever asked for. He sat down with us several times to work out exactly how we wanted the reception to go (schedule & types of music). Then at the reception he showed up early, was very professional and so friendly to everyone. He really knows how to move with the audience's mood. I would highly recommend him.
Wedding: Recently Married

Private User 5 Reviews
Jonathan of Live Oak DJ was fantastic! He played great music all night long, and he was always super responsive when we had questions for him. The computer program that Live Oak DJ has that allows brides and grooms to select their music was super helpful, and it was really cool to hear the music I selected played throughout dinner and into the dancing. We felt like Jonathan really listened to us and did a great job!
Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We were really happy with DJ Jacob Noack from Live Oak DJ. He was so nice and helpful in helping us craft our set for the reception and he was also about to mic our officiant and play the into and exit music during the ceremony. He did a killer set during our reception based on the music we told him we liked and was all around a great vendor!
Wedding: 05/05/2013
  • Quality of Service:  4.5

Anonymous 5 Reviews
Our DJ, Bradley was wonderful! He went above and beyond preparing our complicated bridal party entry music and with days before the wedding our best man requested a projector which Bradley was able to provide, set up, take down and man throughout the speech. The two meetings we had beforehand were very helpful too!
Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Mike Marischen was our wedding DJ and he was wonderful!! Stop looking and book him now! He was so patient, kind and prompt in answering all of our questions, and he took time out to drive to our wedding venue twice to meet with us in person before the wedding to plan out everything. Great taste in music of course, and he had everyone on the dance floor, one of the happiest surprises of our wedding reception. We saw people dancing that didn't dance at their own weddings! Thank you so much Mike!!
Wedding: 03/09/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Back in July 2012, I booked with Live Oak DJ and was promised DJ Sean G. I spent an hour talking to DJ Sean, and I was comfortable with his services and the fact that he's DJ'ed at the Wildflower Center several times. In December 2012, 3 months before my wedding, I received an e-mail stating DJ Sean G was no longer able to fulfill his wedding obligations due to a family situation. I was upset and devastated, but Live Oak DJ offered to give me DJ Ray Lopez. I spoke to Ray briefly and felt okay with his services, but I didn't get quite the same feeling about him as I did Sean G. I didn't even meet him until the day before my wedding. We met to go over the timeline and song requests. Even then, it was a brief meeting, but I gave him free range to play songs based on what the crowd was feeling at the moment.

HE DID AN AMAZING JOB!! He far exceeded my expectations and was able to get my guests up and dancing right away, which was one of my biggest concerns. About half my guests dance, and the other half don't, so it was a toss up if it would be a fun or awkward night. Although I provided a love it, like it, and don't play list, he was smart enough to NOT strictly adhere to the "love it" list. He played many songs that were crowd pleasers that weren't even on the list, which I sooo appreciated. He was even able to get the Harlem Shake (youtube version) at the last minute when we decided to do a surprise Harlem Shake. I couldn't have asked for a better night. He played awesome dance music. I'm just so blown away by his skills and ability to read the crowd. I'd give him 10 stars if I could.
Wedding: 03/02/2013