Live Oak DJ

Live Oak DJ

Favorite
Austin, TX
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

Quality of Service
Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
Recently Married

My DJ was Jonathan and he was AMAZING! It rained like crazy on the day of my wedding and he was able to roll with the punches flawlessly. He played exactly the type of music we requested, which was old school funk with a dabble of 90's hip-hop. It sounds strange, but our guests loved the throw-back. I'm still getting compliments on the music! It was also important to me to have a DJ that didn't steal the show... only talking when necessary. Jonathan was kind, enthusiastic, and did a fabulous job! I can't recommend him highly enough!

Recently Married

Thanks DJ Bradley for an awesome evening of music selections for our daughter's wedding. The whole night was fun and flowed perfectly. We found Bradley extremely helpful with music selections and for responding to all our questions. The sound was great and I highly recommend using Live Oak for your DJ needs!

Services Used: DJ

We had DJ Ray and he was very easy to work with over email. We sent him all our songs and he downloaded them and played them for us at the wedding. There was one time during the ceremony when he didn't get a music cue for some reason, and the song was played late and them moment got pretty awkward. There were also songs played during our reception that weren't on my "love it" or "like it" lists. For the garter and bouquet toss, he was a little too passive and late on the announcements as well so there wasn't a good crowd to throw them to. I wish he would've been a little more animated and outspoken. But other than those things, the night went very smoothly and all the equipment worked great!

Services Used: DJ

The company was easy to work with, provided a site to select songs, went out at found songs that we specifically wanted that were not in the play list. Payment was easy, I didn't have to worry about a thing. We talked a few times via phone and e-mail saving me a lot of time avoiding lengthy face to face meetings (not to say Ray wouldn't have met face to face, this was more convenient to me. I don't leave a lot of reviews but this company did a great job and was well worth the review. Highly ,highly recommend.

Recently Married

Absolutely in love with Jonathan. Captured every moment with song that we wanted, kept the party going, and was fantastic to work with. Could not have asked for a more fun and personal guy. Highly recommend if you're in the Austin area!!!

Recently Married

DJ Mike was amazing. He was thorough, professional, and really knew his stuff. We had several folks at our wedding who are involved in the music business, and they were very impressed at how well Mike matched the music to the mood and changing tempo of the evening.

Services Used: DJ

We had DJ Mike for our wedding and he was awesome. He was extremely professional and always very responsive with email. He made sure to play everything we asked him to play and nothing we didn't want, and he was just great at reading the crowd. I would have felt comfortable even if we had had no requests at all. Definitely worth it to have him. Thanks Mike!

Services Used: DJ

We found David Miranda through Live Oak DJ and we are so glad that we decided to hire him for our wedding! He met with us several times to go over the music choices and timeline and his service was fantastic. David mixed in our favorite songs and the mood was just right for the ceremony, cocktail, and dinner. Our guests had so much fun dancing until the very last song. He really made our big night memorable! Thank you!!

4.7

We loved Mike and so did our guests. He was very nice and very profeesional

Services Used: DJ

Larry Page of Live Oak DJ was incredibly professional, knowledgeable about the sound system and technology, and easy to interact with. I would highly recommend him for any gathering that required music of any type. Larry has a great personality and is definitely a people person! My husband and I are so glad Larry put our music together for our small, intimate wedding ceremony!

Services Used: DJ

Mike was an absolute pleasure to work with from start to finish. He was extremely flexible about meeting times and locations, and was sensitive to our competing priorities as the wedding date arrived. He had any song you can think of, and was willing to download all of our requests. We had a few unique ideas about the song list, and he was amenable to all of them.

On the day itself, Mike was a rock star. He handled all of the announcements and emcee responsibilities very professionally, and came to us to make sure we were okay with any requests from guests. The dance floor was full the entire night, over-flowing at times, and Mike made sure the party kept going from start to finish.

In terms of pricing, you won't find a better value. Mike took care of our cocktail hour at a reduced rate compared to the reception, and also handled our uplighting at the cheapest price we found.

Thanks Mike for helping to make our wedding such a fun night for us and our guests!

Services Used: DJ

DJ Bradley was AMAZING!! He was genuinely interested in the grooms and my musical styles and played all of our favorite songs. He was very flexible especially with price. He was able to adjust his rate with what we needed him for (4 hour long reception).

Services Used: DJ

We hired DJ Mike Marischen for our wedding and couldn't be more pleased! Music is what we cared about the most as we wanted our guests to let loose and have a good time that evening.

We had several phone and skype meetings with Mike leading up to our big day. He was always organized and made us feel like we were his only client. We wanted an eclectic mix of 70s, 80s, 90s, 2000s, country and even current hits and he seamlessly tied every song together. Earlier in the night he started with music that he knew the older crowd would enjoy while the younger generations were at the bar. When our friends were ready to move to the dance floor, Mike effortlessly switched up the music and we stayed dancing the rest of the night. I've been to many weddings where the music either makes or breaks the reception and DJ Mike helped us have the party we always wanted. He guided us on our ideas and was honest on what would and probably wouldn't work. He even did a beautiful job editing our first dance song to take out a long instrumental piece. And quickly switched the version of the mother-son dance at the groom's request.

DJ Mike was also incredibly responsive and professional in all of our communications. At the end of each meeting he told us the exact "next steps" and would always send follow up emails as reminders of what information he still needed from us. One of our concerns early on was having a DJ that was too vocal and he assured us that, unless his client wants him to, he stays off the microphone outside of the major announcements. He was always attentive and confirmed with us that we were happy with requests as long as it made sense at the time. When an immediate family member requested a slow song when the entire crowd was enjoying dancing at a faster pace, he made sure to ask us first since he knew it would change the vibe. I am thrilled we found DJ Mike Marischen -- his work ethic is incredible and he made our reception one we (and our guests!) will never forget

Services Used: DJ

DJ Larry Page was a pleasure to work with in planning the music and lighting for my daughter's wedding. DJ Larry is professional, upbeat, listens to suggestions, and really knows how to appeal to the crowd at hand. He is ethical and honest, and always does what he says he is going to do. DJ Larry worked well with the wedding planner and the facility staff as well. DJ Larry comes highly recommended by our entire family! Way to go Larry!

Services Used: DJ, Lighting & Decor
1+ year ago

Mike Marischen from Live Oak DJ is hands down the best! We found Mike through one of my friends who had gotten married in Austin. He came highly recommended and definitely lived up to his reputation. From our initial meeting Mike was great to work with. He is extremely down to earth and professional.

Live Oak's online system where you can choose songs was very helpful. It gave Mike a feel for our taste before our second meeting. He met with my husband and I for over an hour and a half to make sure he understood our vision. You can tell he is passionate about music and it shows. He recommended some great bands (which I now listen to after the fact haha). He helped us pick out songs for special dances and even edited them for us!

The day of the wedding Mike arrived wayyyy early to set up, meet and greet some of the guests and was available for our ceremony if needed. He stuck to our tentative schedule and was able to really read the crowd and adjust music selections as needed. Throughout the night he communicated with us to ensure everything was going well.

I couldn't have been more pleased with our DJ. Mike was wonderful and I highly recommend him!! Our guests keep raving about how great our DJ was.

Services Used: DJ

This review is specifically for DJ Ray of Live Oak DJ. He was great! He kept the music flowing all night, made announcements at the appropriate times, was very professional, and did a great job of setting up the up lights we requested to boot. He responded to all of our emails and requests leading up to the wedding, and he really stuck to our no play list (despite the complaints of our older relatives). Live Oak was a great company to work with overall (they also did our photo booth and lighting) and I recommend them, especially because they are kind of a one stop shop.