Lilly Photography

Value
Flexibility
Jamie
06/20/2015

Lilly Photography is by far the best wedding pictures we have ever seen and we are so lucky to have them capture our big day. We worked with Jiho for our engagement session and wedding and could not have been happier. He is a fun, friendly, guy with an eye for photo ops like no other! His work is truly brilliant and he made everything fun. He definitely helped ease my nerves on the big day and was timely and worked with our budget. We chose not to go with a videographer and have no regrets after seeing the amazing work Jiho has produced with our photos. He captured the day perfectly! Book Lilly Photography now, you will not be disappointed!!

Private User
Recently Married

Lilly Photography went above and beyond for my husband and me on our wedding day (and our mothers, and our friends, and our venue coordinator, and anyone else who happened to be in their presence). The turn around time for their pictures was MUCH sooner than anticipated - especially since we had a June wedding! I received all of my photos, available for download, only three full weeks after the wedding. The color, artistic design, and overall quality of the pictures goes unrivaled. I am also incredibly happy about the amount of coverage the company was able to provide (we booked 2 photographers). I gave a 4/5 for value (because I am crazy nit-picking! They really are amazing!!!) only because they are quite expensive for the area and tend to use their own poses and ideas. While their experience obviously tends to show & they know what "works", it would have been nice if they would have took interest in a shared Pinterest board or requested to see some ideas we were interested in capturing. However, in the end, I do feel they were "worth" the money spent and I am incredibly grateful for their patience and dedication.

Elia
06/13/2015

I knew, when I got engaged, that photography was going to be one of my biggest splurges. I researched and contacted various photographers, but I finally chose Lilly Photography for their excited demeanor, their gorgeous online photo sessions, and their pricing. My photographers were Stephanie and Kathleen and they were an absolute delight. They were unobtrusive, yet they captured moments I thought they couldn't have seen. I chose two photographers because I wanted to make sure that both my husband's and my family could be represented. Through their pictures, I have been able to see various angles of the entire wedding day and I don't feel like I missed a single minute. Our portraits came out gorgeous and creative, and having them online has made them much more accessible. The turnaround was an impressive 3 weeks. I highly recommend this team of photographers, they rock!

Tanya
05/23/2015

Missy and Stephanie were our photographers and they were simply the best people to work with!! Absolutely stunning photos, very professional and so fun!

Jessica
07/26/2014

We worked with Lilly Photography's associate photographer, Missy and second shooter Stephanie. They were both awesome; very professional, a pleasure to work with and gave great direction!

Jiho was also great when we first met with him to go over everything and was very quick getting us our pictures back!

Kelly
07/12/2014

It has been such a pleasure working with Jiho (Lilly Photography) as our wedding photographer! We have received countless compliments on both our engagement and wedding photos. He captured every moment perfectly and by far exceeded our expectations. Jiho is a phenomenal photographer and well worth the investment. We will cherish these photos for years and years to come – THANK YOU Jiho and Ellie!!

Becky
07/05/2014

Everything was above average! The quality of our pictures was outstanding. We loved working with Jiho's associate photographer Missy and her assistant Ellie. They were awesome. :)

Megan
06/28/2014

Outstanding service, always responds to emails and calls ASAP, the constant professional that is there for the customer. It was amazing what Jiho and his team created...true works of art.

Private User
1+ year ago

We worked with jiho for our engagement session and wedding. When we first met jiho he brought a "suitcase" full of examples of his work. He is very professional and very easy to work with. As first timers, looking for a photographer he stood out with his kindness and knowledge and made it easy for us to feel confident in choosing him. His website has hundreds if not thousands of photos of his work and they're all excellent. I must say that he knows what he's doing and knows how to interact with his customers. And he also responds to emails fast!!

Melissa
06/07/2014

Jiho and Missy were flexible, fun, and took amazing photos!

Silvia
05/17/2014

My fiance and I spent long hours searching for just the right photographer for our wedding - we ultimately narrowed our choices down to Lilly Photography and another photographer. We were initially drawn to Jiho for his creativeness and "architectural" eye (we loved the way he used space and noticed architectural elements) and Jiho's enthusiasm during our initial Skype meeting sealed the deal. We were thrilled to be able to book him (he books early and quickly!) and I'm still so glad we did - I have nothing but good things to say about our experience. Jiho was always very professional - quick to answer questions/emails, timely, and also clearly very experienced with photographing weddings (he was efficient and captured everything beautifully). He's also so fun to work with - multiple members of the bridal party (including my parents) commented on his great energy/enthusiasm and I couldn't agree more - you can tell he loves what he does. The final products were also stunning. We loved our engagement photos and we loved our wedding photos even more. Jiho and his assistant Stephanie (who was the sweetest!) were able to capture so many lovely moments and expressions. The standard shots were all covered wonderfully and Jiho's signature style resulted in some gorgeous and unique shots that we will always treasure. As far as pricing goes, having thoroughly researched the wedding photography market in the Chicago area, I thought pricing was reasonable and on point for the quality of Jiho's work. We can't thank Jiho and Stephanie enough for their great work and will definitely be recommending Lilly Photography to our engaged Chicago-area friends!

Services Used: Photography

There was one profound statement I remember from our first meeting that Jiho said: “I’m looking to be a friend through this process. I don’t want to feel like an outsider at your wedding but that you want me to be there.” That type of personal attention really stood out with me, and I walked away from that meeting believing him. Our Engagement Shoot was on a cold October Thursday. We were to meet in the afternoon outside of Wrigley Field. Low & behold, Jiho was there 15 minutes early, freezing just like we were. This was a terribly cold day for “causal clothes” but Jiho not once rushed us through the process. We were cold, so we can only imagine so was Jiho. However not once did he show it, complain, or make us feel like he didn’t want to be there. There were some very light flurries and it was extremely overcast. Sounds like awful weather for romantic photos but Jiho was so excited about the light, and after seeing the five preview shots on Facebook a few days later I could see why! He has such an amazing eye for light and juxtaposition. The second part of our shoot was downtown by Michigan Ave. and the Chicago River. One of the sights I REALLY wanted was Lauren and I standing on the median of Michigan Ave facing North during rush hour. Jiho immediately understood the shot we wanted. We wanted the traffic and the crazy scene of Chicago but for a moment our love at a standstill. We stood in the middle of Michigan Ave for almost 20 minutes. The shot wasn’t there with cars stopped; we need traffic and cars blazing by. We were over our time at this point and I was getting worried. Jiho wasn’t and was so patient to get this shot. And when we finally saw that shot a few weeks later – it made the whole day worth it! THAT couldn’t have happened without Jiho! Jiho & Lilly Photography (& Missy) made all of our wonderful memories possible and we will always be grateful to them for their professionalism, abilities,and wonderful eyes to create such magnificent art!

Mindy
04/05/2014

Jiho and his assistant were wonderful, we hardly even noticed they were there, yet they captured amazing photos. Couldn't be more pleased with their service and professionalism.

Meredith
02/15/2014

My husband's and my biggest priority was our photography for our wedding. We both enjoy photography as a hobby - not only taking photos but viewing others, so we had a fairly high standard of what we wanted. Jiho and the staff at Lilly Photography blew our expectations out of the water. The composition was perfect and they got all the right shots.

In addition, we had a winter wedding and they were extremely accommodating with not only dealing with the freezing temps, but getting those amazing snow shots.

Lastly, Jiho and his staff were efficient and responsive. We planned our wedding from 1,000 miles away and everytime I emailed Jiho I had a response within hours (usually minutes, but I did have a few middle of the night emails). The website and services used for viewing pictures was great too.

If you're looking for someone who can really capture the emotion, fun, and overall day, definitely go to Lilly Photography!!

Services Used: Photography

I consider the photographer the most important wedding vendor so when looking for one I was super picky! No joke, looked at least 50 photographer's websites! I stopped on Lilly's Photography's page and absolutely loved his (Jiho) work. He was a little above our budget, but in the end I knew it would be worth spending a little more. Not only is he hilarious on Facebook, he is very professional when it comes to his work. Jiho also did our engagement pictures and they turned out great. He is extremely creative and it is AMAZING how all his pictures turn out.

Jiho also made sure he was prepared for our big day by setting up a call a week before to go over our expectations. On the day off, we was on time and was professional at all times. And most importantly, he made sure we were on schedule and not late going back to the reception, as we had limited picture time. I watched a video sent from a wedding guest of our reception entrance and we saw Jiho moving around us like a ninja (lol) - seriously though he was great at being hidden and not interrupting us.

We also had a second photographer which was a "second photographer." She was good for the "posed" pictures, but I felt she was not very creative and at one point I was a bit frustrated with her because she took about 15 minutes to take a picture of our (mine and bridesmaids) shoes. And on any wedding day you do not have 15 minutes to spare! Other than that, working with Lilly Photography went smoothly. No complaints about Jiho, except he did reject our tray of sliced cake pieces to take home. LOL

Jiho posted a couple pictures from our wedding on Facebook and we cant wait to see more!!! If we could do it all over again, we would definitely choose Jiho as our photographer!!! BEST CHOICE EVERRRRR!!! THANK YOU JIHO!

- Janice and Joe

Services Used: Photography

I’ve wanted to use Lilly Photography ever since he shot my best friend’s wedding in 2011. Her pictures were AMAZING! So beautiful, creative, fresh and timeless. I could tell Jiho had a great eye and on top of it I was impressed at the lengths he would personally go to get the right shot. When we got engaged, I knew there was only one photographer for me – Lilly Photography. Jiho was literally the third piece of my wedding that I booked. We had our engagement pictures in September of 2012 and I was beyond thrilled. He is so comfortable to work with and really puts you at ease right away. We really got some fun, unique and innovative shots. Exactly what I was looking for! Flash forward to our wedding in September 2013, again I was beyond thrilled to work with him and his second shooter Jessica. A few weeks before the wedding, Jiho and I chatted and walked through the flow and format of the entire wedding day. For a crazy planner/control freak like me that was just what I needed to make sure that everyone knew where to be, when, and what to expect. On the actual wedding day, Jiho and Jessica were a dream to work with. I didn’t realize how busy they were until I saw the final images weeks later. They captured so many wonderful, candid and memorable moments. I can’t help but smile when I look through all of my pictures. I don’t know how they did it, but they really captured the love and the warmth of the day. Everyone glowed! Pictures were one of the most important things to me and I’m so happy I made the decision to go with Lilly Photography. Jiho is one of the nicest people I met through the whole wedding planning process. He (and Jessica) really captured the essence of the day and have made me so happy with each and every wedding picture they gave us. And I know they will make me happy for years to come – which is exactly what I wanted! This is one of the best decisions I made for our wedding. Thank you Jiho and Lilly Photography!