L'Fay Bridal

Flexibility:
 (4.3/5.0)

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
My daughter chose to come in from California to go wedding dress shopping. This was her first day shopping and we went to one other bridal shop before coming to L'Fay. I cannot list ALL the praises we have for Laura, who assisted us. They had a wonderful selection of inventory to chose from at all different price points. We told her our budget and she showed my daughter a variety of styles to choose from. Laura took the time to talk to her about the venue, type of wedding she envisioned, about her fiance as well. After getting a good feel for the wedding my daughter was planning, she actually pulled a dress for her to try on having a great understanding of her body type & the look she was trying to achieve. We went no further...that was the perfect dress & we bought it that same day. The experience my daughter had was wonderful, and that is all a reflection on not only the exceptional customer service Laura provided but also the person she is to care about understanding "who" her bride is and "what" the bride hopes her wedding day will be. Thank you Laura, because you have made not only the bride happy but the mom of the bride as well. This is the first and only bridal shop you need to go to to find your perfect dress to make your wedding day perfect!
Wedding: 08/16/2014

Private User 3 Reviews
Ask for Laura, she makes the experience a pleasure.

Gloria the seamstress is a joy to work with.
Wedding: [Private]
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My maid of honor and I have spent the last two weeks making appointments for me to try on wedding dresses. We ended up at L'Fay and both agreed that we LOVED the shop! Laura was awesome to work with. She was down to earth and really knew her inventory.. She was open to making changes on the dresses to suit my body type as well as make the dress "my own" by adding details to the dress. Some shops were really opposed to that and felt that the designer wouldn't appreciate the changes. This store focused more on the bride, and less on the designer's vision. The dresses were reasonably priced and Laura did not show me anything out of my price range, unlike almost all of the other stores I visited. Laura agreed when dresses didn't compliment my figure and suggested beautiful dresses that would. I fell in love with a dress in the store once I was able to put my own personal touches into the dress and I couldn't be happier. My mother agreed that the dress was perfect and Laura was the girl to buy from. She was patient and genuine. Thanks again Laura!!
Wedding: 04/19/2014
0.7/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  0.5
  • Responsiveness:  1.0
  • Professionalism:  1.0
  • Value:  0.5
  • Flexibility:  0.5
Hello, I am not typically one to write bad reviews, but I am writing this so nobody else goes through what I went through hours before I walked down the aisle. I purchased a beautiful wedding dress at L'Fay Bridal for $3,000. This cost inculded alterations and taxes. Unfortunatley for me the zipper on the back of the dress was defective, and broke hours before walking down the aisle, essentially ruining a wedding day that cost $45,000. The zipper had originally broken during one of the fittings at L'Fay Bridal, but we were told it was a a "cheap zipper" and we paid extra for L'Fay paid to have it replaced. For such an expensive dress, I still don't understand why it would come with a "cheap zipper". Anyway, we paid $400 in alterations, and L'Fay promised to replace the zipper with a better quality zipper. This zipper was not replaced, but just sewen back on. Looking back it's so frustrating because I was thinner on my wedding day that I was at any fitting so there is no reason the zipper should have broken. So, there I am on my wedding day stainding in a huge ball gown dress that had a broken zipper up the back showing everything from the top of the corset all the way down to my underwear.

I called L'Fay and they were not able to help at all, so we ended up hiring an emergency seamstress to literally sew me into the dress. We ended up paying extra to all vendors (the band, the limo, the officiant, etc) because of the delay this caused.

The worst part for me was when I called L'Fay after the wedding, they sent an e-mail telling me this was unfortunate, and that sometimes these things happen. Then they told me I was lucky this didn't happen during my first dance! I was shocked. So, fair warning to any bride who uses this store.
Wedding: 04/19/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
There are not enough adjectives to describe the beauty of my gown, the professionalism of Laura my consultant, and the detail of Nina the seamstress. I am the type of person that needs to know I tried on every dress in the tri-state area before actually making a decision. L'fay was the second store I visited and the one and only gown that made my mom cry. She knew it was the one from the beginning, but I guess I was a typical girl and of course wanted to keep playing dress-up during the best year of my life. Laura at l'fay is amazing. She knew I needed to figure things out for myself and was more than happy to accommodate me any way that she could. I went to nine stores in total for my wedding gown, constantly going back to l'fay to try the one particular gown on, the one that made my mom cry. Finally, while at another gown store, I realized the inevitable, the gown at L'fay was the one ! I immediately left the shop I was in, got in the car and called Laura at L'fay cheering that I knew her gown was the one. She told me to come by and see it again! She was more than flexible and accommodating. That entire year, Laura would call me with updates on my gown and would return my calls promptly as well. My gown was French lace and therefore made in France. Nina, l'fay's seamstress is efficient, a professional and on top of her game. A detail didn't get by her and she made sure I was fitted to a 'T' and that my dress looked as beautiful as it should. Every girl needs to find "her gown" and "the one" right for them personally. If you can find your gown at L'Fay, I promise it will be a beautiful engagement and prepping experience. Laura became a friend, someone I felt comfortable with and looked forward to chatting with. The store is a boutique, so you are the only bride in the store and the attention is on YOU!! It's a once in a lifetime experience and thanks to L'Fay, I felt like a princess the entire year leading up to my wedding. THANK YOU LAURA AND NINA!!!!
Wedding: 04/04/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
LAURA IS AN ABSOLUTE DOLL!!!! I have finally purchased my wedding gown after months of trying on gowns. I went everywhere and was not happy. From the service to the gorgeous gowns, you simply can not go wrong at L'Fay. It is a personal experience and Laura is honest. She's very humble and sweet. I wish every vendor was a great as they were to me. The next day after I purchased my gown, I was not sure about the color and Laura guided me to the perfect choice. I am so happy and thrilled that I choose L'Fay Bridal. They actually care about you from the purchase of the gown to your wedding day. I choose L'Fay Bridal because my fiance decided to get involved after not finding my wedding gown and found this amazing bridal salon. We read all the reviews and this was rated #1 in New Jersey. The moment I walked in, I knew why! The gowns are all very clean and the store in gorgeous. Other bridal stores I went into the dresses were very yellow and the lace was torn. The service compared to other salons does not even compare. Everywhere else its clear to see that sale in more important than anything else. It's a very big decision and I feel that consultants should be more understanding and warm. Instead at other salons, I was being pushed to gowns I did not like. This was a wonderful experience. Even now, almost two months later, I found my dress online and the bottom seemed more full on a different bride than the one I tried on. I called Laura and she put me completely at ease. That it was going to be exactly how I wanted it. I am so happy and I just wanted to thank Laura. If you are stuck and think you won't find your dress, come here!!!! I promise, you will not be disappointed. Thank you Laura :)
Wedding: 02/08/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
L'Fay is such an amazing bridal store! I purchased my wedding dress here for my wedding in October. The store is beautiful and clean. The dresses are hung up around the perimeter of the store so you can easily see them all without struggling to push your way through racks and racks of dresses and hangers. The dresses themselves are beautiful and very reasonably priced.

The staff is AMAZING. I made an appointment and brought along some of my sisters and my mother. Laura, who works at L'Fay Chatham, was so kind and accommodating from the moment we walked in the door. The first bridal store I went into was not happy that I brought people along, but Laura could not have been more welcoming and kind to them. She is so great at her job, incredibly helpful, honest, sweet - I can't say enough good things.

This is the place you want to come to get your dress. They remember your name and your dress. You're not just a number that they try to get in and out of there. They also respect your budget and don't judge. I would HIGHLY recommend this bridal store to anyone looking to have the best possible dress-shopping experience!
Wedding: 10/19/2013
  • Responsiveness:  4.0

Anonymous 2 Reviews
I went to L’Fay Bridal because I saw online that the dresses were gorgeous. I had my mind on one dress that caught my eye and tried many others. I liked many which was already different from other places where I didn’t like a single one. Renata was so nice and seemed sincere. I felt at ease with her. Then...I found the one! They were accommodating and just plain amazing. Service and treatment were A+. They made me feel like a princess. Thank you sooo much!
Wedding: Recently Married
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
L' Fay in Chatham is amazing! I'm getting married this summer so my mom and Sister joined me past weekend to go dress shopping. L' Fay was our first stop of the day and we wound up spending almost 2 hours there! Laura was absolutely wonderful. She made us all feel the way you want to feel when you're a bride- special! She was patient, encouraged me to try on everything, and was completely indulgent of my needs to debate the qualities of every dress!
Wedding: 06/08/2013
  • Flexibility:  4.0

Anonymous 1 Reviews
This boutique is wonderful with a beautiful selection of dresses. My bridal stylist was sweet, attentive and did her best to find me the perfect dress. I found the store to be impeccable, the service outstanding and the dresses stunning. I'm so glad I bought my dress here as L’Fay is a breath of fresh air compared to so many of the other snooty or factory-like bridal shops I visited in the area . Would recommend to every Bride that is looking for unique “different” look.

• Flexibility:  5.0
I had a great experience at L’Fay Bridal. I did not know what to expect and I was not sure what silhouette I wanted.
Laura was patient and walked me through the different collections and pulled what she thought would best flatter my shape as well as venue. I am getting married in a beautiful vineyard this summer. The first one she suggested was a stunning vintage inspired lace gown that looks much better on than on the hanger! The best part is it is so light and comfortable. I love it ! We talked about adding a colored sash to it as part of my alterations to tie in it with my bridal party. I feel that I have received special personalized attention and have been please d so far by everyone at this charming bridal store.
Wedding: 04/20/2013
4.7/5.0
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  4.0

Anonymous 1 Reviews
This was the most amazing experience. Of course the dresses were beautiful, but:
- The sales staff were not just selling... they were excited for me and just really wanted me to try on anything that even slightly caught my eye.
- They listened and after they saw what I was liking and disliking, they pulled things with their knowledge and expertise that were unexpected and perfect.
- I didn't feel pressured or swayed. They stepped back and let me have some space to think.
100% incredible experience.

Anonymous 1 Reviews
I had the most amazing service at L'Fay Bridal. From the minute I walked in the door , the consultant made me feel special ! She also made it a very memeorable experience for my family and friends. My dress was gorgeous and fit my like a glove! My Winter wedding was beautiful! Thank you L'Fay Bridal!!!

Danac6 2 Reviews
Patty was amazing! From the moment I met her she made me feel so comfortable and at ease during a fun/difficult proccess. Her knowledge and background in bridal fashion truly showed throughout the appointment. She was so attentive and unbelievably helpful ( I can't remember how many dresses I tried on!) I left the store purchasing a dress I "thought" I wanted but a week later I had regrets. I called Patty right away explaining my perdicament and she was so understanding. She let me come back in the next week and try on the dress I knew I should have chosen the first time!

Their store is intimate and elegant. The lace dresses are unbelievable. Not only are you getting gorgeous fabrics but all at a reasonable price! You have the whole salon to yourself for the appointment. To me, having the store to myself made my experience that much better. In no way did I feel like another costumer or "sale".

I strongly recommend a visit to L'Fay/Cymbeline and hopefully your experience will be as amazing as mine! Thanks L'Fay & Patty! I cannot wait to start my fittings!
0.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  0.0
  • Responsiveness:  0.0
  • Professionalism:  0.0
  • Value:  0.0
  • Flexibility:  0.0

Anonymous 1 Reviews
My best friend just got married this past saturday and had nothing but trouble beginning with the first fitting with this boutique. Everytime she had a fitting, they cancelled on her and it had to be rescheduled. Nothing was ever ready by the date the boutique said it would be and they were horrendous at communicating with the bride. When the bride had to have major surgery two months before her wedding, they were not flexible or understanding when SHE had to cancel and reschedule. In addition to all of this, they never had the alterations done that they said they would by the scheduled fittings and they continuously lied. When she piicked up the veil, that was supposed to be specially ordered, it was a piece of tulle unevenly cut, which had to be redone just weeks before the wedding AND they continued to charge her more despite all the problems they were causing. In addition to this, when she attended her final fitting, just DAYS before the wedding, the dress was a mess. It had stains on it (as if they were allowing others to try on her "one of a kind", specially made, dress) and the alterations that had been made were a disaster. With only days until her wedding, the seamstress "hijacked" the dress to "fix" it. Not only were they not offering to pick up any of the cost, they also were not staying in communication with the bride. Everytime she discussed the situation, it was always, "Well we need to discuss this with all of the managers and we will call back at such and such a time"- EVERYTIME she had to call them because they did not call her when they said they would. The Bride's parents had to finally get involved, at which point the manager finally responded and luckily the dress was fixed in time. However for the prices they charge- the unprofessionalism you, and the added stress they caused for my friend's wedding was absolutely NOT worth it! I would not recommend this place to any bride to be!
L'Fay Bridal responded with the following comments:
Hello Kristen – I think that this is you and not your FRIEND. We are really sorry that you feel this way about your experience and I hope that one day you will see our side of the story. Perhaps then maybe you will correct this review. By the way, your mom sent us your wedding pictures and you looked really great in them!
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My experience with the team at L'Fay Bridal was amazing. Getting married and being a bride can be quite a stressful time, but the ladies at L'Fay made everything effortless for me. The night I got engaged I went on my laptop and started looking up dresses (can you tell I was excited?). I searched unique wedding dresses and dresses by Cymbeline Paris showed up. The first dress I saw wound up being the one I fell in love with online and in person, and also wound up being the dress I wore when I married my love. The staff helped me in making the best decision on what dress looked best on me. It fit like a glove the day of the wedding. I also purchased mine and my mother's wedding day jewelry and also my veil from L'Fay. People are still talking about my dress and accessories!! My husband and I were fortunate enough to have our wedding published in Manhattan Bride Magazine where I was lucky to show off my beautiful dress. Thank you, L'Fay. From the bottom of my heart I can't express to you my gratitude for being there for me every step of the way!
Wedding: 06/02/2012
Services Used: Dress & Attire, Jewelry
 973-556-4699
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire