Le's Kitchen Catering

Le's Kitchen Catering

San Francisco, CA 94109 | map
Catering services: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Family Style, Hors d'oeu...
Maximum capacity: 500

Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
(4.9 / 5.0)
Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We (My wife and I) would definitely recommend Le's Kitchen Catering to anyone. Ava and her staff truly made our wedding an extremely memorable night.

Food is so often an after thought at a wedding, however, Le's provided an amazing 8 course dinner that had our guests raving about the food. Even after the wedding, our guests were still talking about how great the food was.

Ava's commitment to us was very strong. We originally had another venue booked but plans fell through. Basically the event planner stood Ava up on an appointment and things got messed up. Ava supported us with our change and stuck with us without any issues. She is truly amazing and a really great person.

On to the actual wedding. The table decor was spot on. Everything turned out beautiful from the plates, linens, menu placement, silverware, and the every detail that contributed to a beautiful table design. Once again, I have to mention the food was great. Service, was outstanding. Ava and her staff definitely made us feel like superstars. She would personally make sure we were doing well with appetizers, dinner and basically anything we needed. We couldn't have asked to work with a better caterer and staff.

We would highly recommend Le's Kitchen Catering and would book them for any future event. Definitely top quality food, service and decorating for a very fair price.

BTW, we had a party of 320 guests, and their team was able to pull off the night without any hiccups and all of our guests had great things to say. We can't say enough good things, but this review has to end. You won't be disappointed with Le's.

• Wedding: 08/16/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Ava was really great to work with throughout the process - from tasting through wedding day. We received tons of positive feedback from our guests who loved the food we served. When we were selecting caterers, we immediately ended our search after tasting Le's Kitchen - to put it another way, their food surpasses anything you'd expect to be served at a wedding. If they had a brick & mortar restaurant I'd be there every week.

Ava was also a total pro in making sure everything was running according to schedule. She and her team handled the bar service and rentals, and we really didn't have to worry about anything that day.

I'd highly recommend Le's Kitchen for any couples looking for a turn-key solution, a caterer that not only serves delicious food with an Asian-ish flair at very reasonable prices, but also someone experienced with running multiple facets of the event. A+++

• Wedding: 06/14/2014
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had Le's Kitchen catered our wedding at the Bently Reserve in October/2012 and was happy with their service and food. From the initial process, Ava was so easy to work with and she listened to what we wanted and provided us with great service and always made an effort to assist us with our questions. She responds in a timely manner and really cares about her clients. What we appreciated most about LKC is how professional and dependable their services are. This was our first time organizing such an event (and I was quite nervous), but Ava and her team were so, so patient & helpful, crafting the menu to fit the unique needs of our families.

On the day of the wedding, they were all very efficient, friendly, and helpful. The day could not have gone more smoothly thanks to them!! And the food... Well, the food was positively sublime. From the hors d'oeuvres to the Chinese 9 course banquet menu (all the guests raved about it.)

Our wedding was everything we could ever imagine and having them catered our wedding was one of the best decision we made. If you are looking for great customer service and a modern twist to traditional Chinese and Vietnamese cuisine Le's Kitchen is your answer. Book a tasting with Ava and you will not regret it!

• Wedding: 10/14/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Five stars all around! Ava was one of the vendors i knew i needed to book right when i got engaged. I had heard great things about her from the start. She was as important to me as the venue. She is a total sweetheart and actually cares about you, not just your money. She is super attentive and responsive to emails and will help you out with whatever else you need.
Le's kitchen catering is a standout when it comes to catering. Most people are wary about asian fusion because a lot of places can't seem to do it right. We went for the three course meal for our wedding because after the tasting, we were blown away. My husband is usually very particular about his food and he could not stop talking about how good the food was after we left the tasting. Of course, we were very nervous about the wedding day because cooking for a wedding of almost 300 guests tends to come out differently than cooking for 2. However, everything came out excellent. Ava and her team arrived on time and served the food hot, which was really important to me. She even took time to come say hello during the wedding and packed us extra food to go. I can't find one negative thing to say about Le's kitchen catering. If you don't book them now, you will regret it. Choosing them was one of the best decisions i made about the wedding.

• Wedding: 06/16/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We were so fortunate for all our amazing vendors that night, but my guests could not stop raving about catering. We actually did not meet with any other caterers or attend other tastings, but we knew from our initial meeting that not only would they provide great service, but they were all just great people. They are supporters of organizations that fight against hunger and proudly acknowledge that. Given that both me and my now husband work in fields serving those in need, we knew that they would be the perfect fit for not only our wedding, but for us. And for all that are in the process of planning their own, you must know how important it is to just have that personal connection with your vendors as it gives you that extra reassurance and comfort.

We decided to go with the traditional eight course meal - and from the service to presentation to the actual food - SPECTACULAR, AMAZING, ANY OTHER WORD THAT WOULD EXPRESS MORE THAN THAT and beyond what we could have planned for. From the very start of my inquiry, Ava and her team were professional and on top of things.

One of my bridesmaids commented that she wished she could get married again so she could book them. Some have even asked if they had a restaurant so they could enjoy their food again. Many had hoped to see Le's Kitchen Catering again at other weddings they attended. The feedback didn't stop after that night. We honestly got high compliments about their food and service regularly throughout the year, and I doubt they would ever stop.

Every review you see here, we can absolutely confirm and vouch for. Ava and her team took so much detail into the execution of things as if our wedding was one of their own - looking over and taking charge on things that she didn't have to. Those details truly make the difference. Hands down - more than what we expected and if we had to do it all over again, it would be Le's Kitchen Catering. THANK YOU!

• Wedding: 11/19/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The People : Ava and her team were excellent! They were professional, reliable, friendly, responsive, and easy to work with. Ava was helpful throughout the "wedding process" and her service and work were really what made my wedding fun and perfect in my rose-shaded eyes. :)

The Food : My guests and I loved loved the wonderful food. Not a dry piece of chicken nor overcooked steak in sight. We had an eight-course Chinese-American banquet, family-style. There was soft-shell crab, lobster, filet mignon, Shitake mushrooms, prawns, garlic noodles, etc. The delicious glazed sea bass was the last thing people were commenting on as they were leaving our shindig.

Summary : I would zealously recommend Le's Kitchen Catering to anyone who is in need of a caterer whether it be wedding, birthday gathering, work event, other.

Last Note : They also provide a three-course option and several different appetizers.

• Wedding: 10/08/2011
Lily
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Perfect vendor for Hakone Gardens (Saratoga, CA): This is a difficult venue to work with as they have extremely strict rules regarding waste removal as well as a minimal kitchen. Ava has successfully handled multiple weddings at this location and works well with their staff. She also knows exactly what needs to be brought to the site in order to ensure quality food preparation. Ava was also able to give me helpful recommendations for the table layout. (Note: For venues without an extensive kitchen, be prepared to pay additional costs for equipment)

Food Quality: One word, amazing. During our tasting session, the food was amazing. My then fiancée and I brought our parents and relatives. As we come from traditional Chinese families, there was very strong opposition to a non-Chinese restaurant wedding. However, all the parents and relatives were extremely satisfied and even excited for our wedding date to arrive. The quality of the food the day of the wedding was on par with that during the tasting. This is an impressive feat considering the chef was cooking for 150 people rather than 10. Our American friends also loved the food. Ava was able to accommodate my vegetarian guests and vendors. I think of Le's Kitchen as upscale Asian fusion food (like The Slanted Door located in San Francisco)

Food Quantity: The quantity at the tasting session was more than that at the actual wedding. However, on the day of the wedding, many tables still had leftovers. Only one or two tables that had heavy eaters found the quantities to be a bit small.

Food Service: My husband and I shared a sweetheart table. Ava personally plated our meals and served us. The service to our table was perfect. We also provided take out boxes and Ava’s staff packaged the leftovers. It would have been nice if Le’s Kitchen had provided the boxes. My bridal party also found it very easy to work with Ava and her staff. She alerted my BMs when the alcohol ran low. Some guests commented that the food service was a bit slow (~2 hours for 8 dishes). I felt slower service was a fair trade for high quality.

Responsiveness: Ava responded to my many questions in clear emails. The email responses were a bit slower in the beginning (~8-10 months prior to the wedding) but were very fast towards the end (~0-2 month prior to the wedding). Ava was also very proactive and suggested a site walk through. I did not intend to do one, but found it very helpful when I did.

Flexibility: I requested multiple tweaks to the menu such as swapping out one dish for another, substituting prawns in the fried rice for meat, adding bamboo to one of the veggie dishes, etc. All the changes were accommodated with no problem. I do wish there were more types of beverage packages or custom ones. I never got around to inquiring about a custom one, but Ava did give very good recommendations of where to go and how much to buy.

Specific Dishes:
Favorites: Lobster, Sea Bass, Filet Mignon, Salad with Soft Shelled Crab
Moderate: Roasted Quail was a bit hard to eat because of the amount of bones so I would not recommend this substitute. It was especially hard for the bride and groom to eat in a refined manner!

Ava also threw in a few perks into the final contract which were totally unexpected, but a lovely surprise. My husband and I have no regrets going with Le’s Kitchen for our wedding. If you are looking for an upscale Asian Food caterer in the South Bay, Le’s Kitchen is likely the best. (Some other good Asian food caterers only do business in San Francisco). I'd like to be realistic and state that Le's Kitchen is not cheap. However, the cost we spent on food was clearly felt by our guests, so we felt it all worthwhile.

• Wedding: 08/20/2011
Grace
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Le's Kitchen Catering was definitely a superstar wedding vendor. There are not enough words to convey just how happy we are with the job that Ava and her team did during our wedding on July 23, 2011. Le's Kitchen catering was one of the first vendors we booked, as we were just blown away during our tasting. We had to have them!

We chose to do the three course seated meal menu. The food was amazing!!!!!!!!! Ava and her entire team were so on top of everything and professional. Almost everyone at the wedding was impressed with the food they had. We got a lot of "that was the best wedding food I've ever had!", "the appetizers were sooo good!", and "where did you guys find these guys, they are amazing!" The filet mignon was delicious and grilled perfectly. The sea bass just melted in your mouth. The vegetarians we had were also super happy with the vegetarian clay pot they had.

We also hired two bartenders through Ava to work our open bar. The bartenders were great too - those guys handled all those chilled shots requests without breaking a sweat. Ava definitely runs a tight ship! It's clear that she leads by example - out there managing everything while staying calm and collected. Very impressive.

Ava is also such a sweetheart and really great to work with. She was always available to answer any questions we might have, by email or phone call, and she was so knowledgeable and helpful in our discussions with her about all the other items we would need to ensure our wedding went off without a hitch. G and I were planning our wedding from across the country, so Ava was also great about being available to meet in person any time we happened to be in town. Le's Kitchen Catering may be on the pricier side, but they are totally and completely worth it. Your guests will definitely be as impressed as ours were!!!!

• Wedding: 07/23/2011
Linda
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Wow! Ava and her Mom were heaven sent!

Le's catered our wedding at Casa Real in lovely Livermore wine country. since we wanted to keep part of our wedding traditional we were so excited to hear that Le's was a preferred vendor of the casa real.
Throughout the entire process from the initial tasting to the day of the wedding Ava and her staff were flawless in both there customer service and most importantly the quality of food that to this day our guest are still in awh of.

The 8 course meal that we choose was delicious and very elegantly presented. If you are in the market for a Chinese/Vietnamese family style meal than look no further than here.

Choose Le's catering you will not regret it!

Thanks Again Ava!

Tu & Tina

• Wedding: 07/04/2011
tu
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We are very passionate about our food, and really wanted to have fantastic Asian cuisine at our garden wedding. We were starting to lose hope until we found Le's Kitchen Catering.

We had an eight course wedding banquet served outside. The quality of the food was outstanding. For example, the shaking beef was succulent and tender, and the sea bass was cooked to perfection with just the right amount of texture. Given how hard it is to ensure each course is ready for everyone simultaneously, the feat really was remarkable. For many of our guests, the food was one of the highlights of the wedding, and they still rave about it to this day.

Ava and the chef were professional, very genuine, and clearly took great pride in their creations and quality of service. The were a delight to work with, and we would not hesitate to recommend them to everyone.

After we had decided on using Le's Kitchen, we hired a very experienced wedding planner. She had worked with many other caterers in the past, but had not worked with Le's Kitchen before. Even she was truly impressed with Le's Kitchen, and had nothing but praise when talking about them after our wedding.

• Wedding: 04/23/2011
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Ava was so wonderful to work with. We couldn't have asked for a better caterer. We had family style banquet for our wedding. Ava was able to work with us to customize the soup selection, since we didn't want what was originally on the menu. After the wedding, we received so many compliments for both the fine food and the attentive service!

Just a hint for bride and groom considering hiring Le's, remember to ask them to save some food for you. We were so busy during the wedding that we didn't get to taste much of the delicious food for ourselves!

Ava made the planning process so easy and enjoyable! (Which is a lot more than I can say for ALL the other Chinese caterers in the Bay Area. Believe me, I talked to most of them.)

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

WOW, all 5-star reviews. Here is our version.

LKC is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G to work with and especially the infamous Ava mentioned in everyone's review. Ava indeed sets the bar for customer service. She is very professional, resourceful, responsive and most of all Ava's unconditional support was invaluable throughout our planning process. She gave us lots of info, advice, contacts and recommendations and to our surprise, we are so please with all of her referrals.

LKC is very accommodating to our needs- they worked with us on customizing our 8-course menu; the excellent catering service, the amazing, high-quality, well-seasoned food representing our Vietnamese & Chinese cultures, even the individual vegetarian claypots for our vegetarian guests and the chrysanthemum/goji berry tea was a talk among others who didn't received them.

LKC truly exemplifies "lagniappe", going the extra mile for our special day with the coordination and support provided to the venue- going out of their way to help set the tables, provide a last minute meal request, checking in with us throughout the evening, taking the time to meet our guests- this is far beyond our expectations from a vendor.

We received countless compliments from our families and friends- many were flabbergasted that the food was cooked on premise, "HOT & TASTY!". Our guests are asking to have the dinner again and where can they get the food on a regular basis.

We can't thank Ava and LKC enough for making our wedding celebration a success and the BEST DAY EVER! It is the most talked about party for the past couple months and for many years to come. We are their biggest supporters and can't wait to work with LKC again. We highly recommend LKC for your next event.

• Wedding: 10/10/2010
Hana

Caroyn H.
San Jose, CA
11/28/2010
I cannot say enough positive things about Le's Kitchen Catering. Ava, the owner, sets the bar when it comes to customer service. We hired Ava to cater our 100-person wedding at the Presidio in San Francisco. She provided outstanding service from the day we hired her one year out from our wedding date. She was highly responsive in my MANY questions to her (bless her heart). She also offered to meet with me in person in the months leading up to the wedding to discuss my questions/concerns in person.  Ava was also sensitive to my budget constraints and helped me find ways to trim on costs. However, I must say, she may actually be the nicest person I think I've ever met. Given the number of bridezillas she likely works with on a daily basis - I give her loads of credit for her patience, reasonableness, and organization. She also helped me organize all my rentals with a third-party vendor at no additional cost. Amazing. Finally, on the day after the wedding, she personally delivered the top tier of our wedding cake to us. Do I need to say more?

Customer service aside, the food was also spectacular. Months after the wedding I am still hearing compliments on how great the food was. During planning, I was in search of a off-site, full service Vietnamese caterer. I was fortunate that the only one that happens to exist in the bay area also provided exceptional quality food. The hors d'ouerves were tasty and unique. We also chose the 6-item buffet which she typically allows guests to serve themselves (and to the guests pleasure, as much as they want).  Her crew was professional, efficient, and polite. While our bartenders were becoming overwhelmed with their duties, her staff seamlessly stepped in and helped out. The night ended with perfect organization. In the end, I was provided with so much more than initially expected. I would hire Le's Kitchen Catering again in a heartbeat :)

• Wedding: 09/18/2010
Carolyn
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Ava and Le's Kitchen Catering is easily my favorite wedding vendor!!

These are the reasons why:

1. Their Vietnamese cuisine is AUTHENTIC AND DELICIOUS with a contemporary flair. It is exactly what we were looking for. It's just like mom's home cook meal but presentable. I can't keep track of the numerous times our guests complimented how the filet mignon was perfectly seared or how amazed they were with the vegetarian claypot. And now, 3 months after the wedding, we are still receiving inquiries about how we managed to have such sumptuous food at the wedding. I am seriously jumping for JOY with each comment!

2. Ava Tran, the manager, is a DOLL! She made the entire process a BREEZE! All I remember doing is contacting Ava, eating their food, and paying them. It really was that easy!! Questions and concerns were quickly addressed each and every time. It's was so quick, I seriously don't even remember any glitch. I showed Ava a picture of a dessert bar that I wanted to replicate with classic Vietnamese desserts, and voila!, I got it at the wedding. The incredible part is, they don't usually even do desserts and they did it for us. It is these little things that Ava does that made it so wonderful. I felt like she genuinely cared about us, our wedding and went above and beyond her call of duty. It's almost as if she's my sister, wishing the best for me on my big day. This truly made the difference!

3. The staff working with Ava is phenomenal! They are all young, efficient, friendly and professional. The guests kept telling us how well they were treated by the staff and they don't remember a wedding with such great service! ;) Personally, for me, these comments were such a surprise because guests don't usually notice the waitstaff. So it spoke volumes for us!

Ava and Le's Kitchen Catering is a MUST-HAVE caterer. They were completely worth the extra fee by going off the preferred vendor list. They completely ROCKED IT at our wedding! We LOVE LOVE LOVE them!!!

Seriously, give them a chance to rock yours!

• Wedding: 09/19/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We received numerous compliments about the food at our wedding prepared by Le's Catering. The food was excellent and the table layout was very attractive. We chose Le?s because this was a day for my wife to be the show, and the choice of food needed to satisfy her Asian preferences and avoid her family's complaints (at least minimize her family's complaints). At the same time, I needed to make sure the food was meat and potatoes enough for mid-westerners. I did not want my guests asking, what is that? I even warned many of my guests that the food would be Asian, and served family style. I think we were successful in all respects, and guests universally liked the food. In fact, I heard the food is amazing many times. My wife received praise, and I know that pleased her greatly. One note about the family style: the food was not served on a lazy susan or put in the middle of the table or anything similar. The food was served dish by dish, and was classy even though not a plated dinner (which was our choice). By choosing family style, we were able to select seven or eight different dishes, which meant a lot of choices for our guests.

Ava, Le's owner, is polished and professional and manages the event well. She did us a great service when she had her team help me 30 minutes before the ceremony to finish last-minute projects. She could see that we were scrambling to finish decorations before guests arrived. She was not obligated to help us, and she volunteered the help even though it was beyond her duties.

The positives were excellent flavor and quality food and ingredients, good value, plenty of food for guests and professional service. One additional note is Ava did not charge us for the tasting because there were only two of us at the tasting. I thought this was a very nice gesture and we were sold on Ava after the first few dishes at the tasting.

No event or person is perfect, so I will also note the few aspects we would change if we did it again. First, regarding food, my wife and I did not eat much at the reception, which meant we were hungry at the end and hoped there would be food to take with us. We assumed that there would be leftovers because we had approximately 12 guests that did not attend, and we are not sure what happened to their portions. As we said, the food was excellent and it would have been nice to enjoy throughout the week after the wedding to help keep the event in our minds. Second, our planning meeting was scheduled the week prior to our wedding, which did not leave much time to discuss options and choose rentals. We asked for a meeting the month before our wedding so that we would have time to consider options and make decisions, shop for the best price and avoid last minute stresses. We learned at our planning meeting that we were supposed to know our table layouts or, at the very least, have a strong opinion about the layouts. This may be the normal process with caterers and obvious to readers of this review, but this was our first (and, hopefully, only) wedding and we needed guidance. This meant we were scrambling the week before our wedding clipping pictures and evaluating table layouts. I will note that we were late to our planning meeting, so part of the scramble was our fault because we had to schedule a second planning meeting.

I hope the review helps you choose Le?s Catering. You will be pleased.

• Wedding: 06/27/2009
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

When researching the list of approved vendors for our venue, we were faced with the same standard wedding fare of chicken or salmon. Knowing our wedding would be different and unique, we sought to find something more ethnic and culturally diverse - thank goodness we were given the name of Ava and Le's Kitchen Catering!

Ava was so different from the other vendors - she promptly responded to emails! She remembered us! She called back! After the tasting - we were sold! The food was divine, our tasting participants still raves about our little private delicious dinner party.

The day of the wedding, Ava was the calm in the storm of wedding chaos. We had a fantastic event to which people are still raving about the food. Ava is splendid and the service was fabulous. You will not regret booking Le's Kitchen Catering.

• Wedding: 09/27/2008
415-377-1316
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards