Le Star Bridal and Formal

• Responsiveness:  0.0
  • Professionalism:  0.0
  • Value:  0.0
  • Flexibility:  0.0
My sister went online and requested an appt for 2pm at the Virginia Beach store. After not being contacted she called the store and was told you can't make appts online and she set a 3pm appt. when we walked in at 2:45pm we stated we had a 3 pm appt and was told no it was at 2. There was nobody in the store and she refused service to us. 5 possible sales turned away rudly all because she couldn't admit she had messed up or misunderstood the appt time. Worst service ever!
Wedding: 05/30/2015
4.3/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  3.5

Paula 5 Reviews
My daughter's wedding dress was breathtakingly beautiful and unique. She looked so incredible, and was so wonderfully happy!
Wedding: 04/20/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I cannot say enough great words about the ladies at Le Star Bridal in Old Town Alexandria, VA. I purchased my dress from Kleinfeld's in NYC and spent more than I had intended, and knew that I would be unable to afford the additional $3,000 that they were asking for the gorgeous lace and crystal mantilla that they had suggested to wear with the dress. After living in Spain for over 4 years, I knew that I wanted a Spanish-style mantilla and knew exactly what look I wanted. After going over budget on the dress, the most I could spend on a veil was $1,200, and that was pushing it.

I searched at 3 different bridal salons in Alexandria, and had absolutely horrible experiences at the first 2 (Hannelore's of Olde Town and Ellie's Bridal). I was so put off by the customer service, as well as the lack of mantilla options and overpriced price tags. After appointments with the first two salons I left completely frustrated and upset at the staff.

At a friend's suggestion, we went into Le Star about 10 minutes before closing time. We did not have an appointment and they were about to close, but the staff was still very accommodating and nice anyway. Within minutes I found the perfect lace mantilla with crystals, and it was $900, a little over $1,000 after tax. Not only was it stunning, but it was hundreds cheaper than the lesser impressive options at the other 2 salons. The ladies were so warm and friendly and even encouraged me to send photos of the wedding and let them know how it went.

Since the wedding, I have had dozens of people comment on the veil and tell me how stunning and gorgeous and unique it is. I cannot praise this small salon enough for their range of styles and prices and total professionalism.
Wedding: 11/10/2012

Anonymous 5 Reviews
We had a wonderful experience with Le Star. I purchased my wedding gown, my bridesmaids dresses, and the mother of the bride gown there. The alterations were perfect! My dress turned out amazing!!!
Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
When I first came to this store i felt comfortable, I didnt feel as though I was being rushed into finding and buying a dress. the staff was friendly yet professional. They run their business in a timely manner. I remember them setting out a dress that had just came in out on display because they knew I was coming in and i was having trouble finding the dress i envisioned and when i walked in I immediately fell in love and they were smiling and said they knew that was my dress when it first came in and I must say i made a beautiful bride in it. I honestly believe they would not let any bride walk out their doors unhappy.
Wedding: 06/02/2012
0.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  1.0
  • Responsiveness:  1.0
  • Professionalism:  1.0
  • Value:  0.0
  • Flexibility:  0.0
Dress arrived and sat in the salon for at least 6 weeks before I found out about it, then had a hole in the back and several snags in the satin. They claimed to have left me a message when the dress arrived, but no message or incoming call was recorded on either phone I game them, and no follow-up was ever made. They did offer to discount alterations by 50%, but I elected to resolve the problems elsewhere because of the phone problem. Total disaster, go someplace else!
Wedding: 05/17/2009
4.2/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.5
  • Professionalism:  3.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I purchased my wedding dress here. Not only do they have a beautiful selection of wedding gowns, but also of formal attire for any occasion. they were very friendly and helpful in my search for the perfect dress.
Wedding: 09/26/2008
3.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Value:  2.5
  • Flexibility:  3.5
I loved my dress, but it was very expensive to get alterations done here. I would reccommend taking it somewhere differentif you have a seamstress that you trust!
Wedding: 04/21/2007