Laura Luis Photography

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Laura went above and beyond what my husband and i had hoped for in a wedding photographer. From the moment we met her everything just clicked! She was super easy to talk to and work with which made taking photographs a lot easier on the wedding day! She also let the guests take pictures (as they were kind of crowding around us unfortunately) but she made it super easy!
she got amazing shots of everything that we wanted! truly an artist!
totally wish we could have taken her on our honeymoon to take pics!

Services Used: Photography

Laura did an absolutely beautiful job on our wedding photos at Brookside Gardens. They turned out beautiful -- she has an incredible talent for taking amazing pictures of people (she makes them look great even when they are dancing!!). I got many compliments on how professional Laura was during the whole event -- she was able to balance directing everyone with being unobtrusive, which few photographers pull off. Her photos are unique in the wedding photography world -- balancing creativity and taste. Finally, she is a very sweet person with a very interesting background! Highly recommended!

Services Used: Photography

Laura, is the best photographer I have ever worked with. She is very organized, flexible, and I found it very easy to be comfortable around her during not only the wedding but also the engagement session. I would recommend her to anyone who wanted a great photographer.

Services Used: Photography

The pictures Laura took are spectacular! Looking at the photos makes me want to do it all over again. She made everyone look so amazing in every photo. . . there aren't words to describe how truly grateful I am that she captured the best day of my life in such beautiful detail. Laura was so easy to work with - she scouted the site and found the best locations prior to the wedding and was also very accommodating with all the last minute requests my mom had, no matter how difficult. She was also excellent at putting this camera-shy bride at complete ease. My only problem with the photos will be determining which ones to put in the album!

Services Used: Photography

Laura was in a word AMAZING. My husband and I are still talking about what a wonderful job she did. Laura had great vision on where to have the photos taken and was an absolute delight to work with. She went to the sites we were thinking of having pictures taken to check out the scene before we actually got there. I was truly impressed with how prepared Laura was for the date. The wedding day is so overwhelming that it is a true blessing to have someone take control to make sure you get what you want without having to stress yourself out too much. Laura continues to be responsive in getting back to me with questions even though the wedding is over! She was AMAZING and you wont go wrong if you hire her. In fact she is doing my best friends wedding in August! Laura was also flexible in offering different packages for us. We were able to find exactly what we needed. We love her so much!!

Services Used: Photography

Laura Luis and her assistant photographer are AMAZING!!!! She was very flexible when trying to arrange my bridal portraits - even after going back and forth to find an appropriate venue, she made it happen! For all of our sessions (engagement, bridal portrait, and wedding), she was very professional, helped us to relax, gave us great feedback on our ideas, and always responded in a timely manner. Not that I'll get married again, but I would definitely use her services again! I am more than satisfied with my photos and the attention I got with her services.

Thanks, Laura, for an absolutely amazing experience!

Services Used: Photography

Laura is such an amazing photographer! She shot both our engagement and wedding photos. She has such a great vision and is a true professional. She captured every single detail and moment of the day from all of us getting ready until the very end. She took so many wonderful photos! During the ceremony and reception we hardly noticed that Laura was there but when we saw the pictures there were so many wonderful candid moments. Laura is a true artist and a wonderful person. We could not be happier with the experience we had working with Laura and the photographs.

Services Used: Photography

My husband and I were fortunate enough to come across Laura's work and hired her right away. The quality of her work and her professionalism went above and beyond what we expected. Her attention to detail, commitment, and creative eye was something we couldn't live without on our special day. I felt like I had my best friend there looking over my shoulder to make sure everything is going right. I keep looking at the pictures and so thrilled that they were captured by a true artist. I would highly recommend Laura anytime, anyplace. She is what every photographer should be, a quality person and professional who takes on a challenge with a smile and is able to be versatile when need be. It was so obvious that she truly enjoyed what she does for a living instead of treating it as another "job". I can't wait to use her services down the line for other events.

Services Used: Photography

Laura is beyond amazing! I would recommend her to anyone, anywhere, anytime. She took the most perfect photos from our wedding – they were all my favorites! She was extremely professional, personable, and easy to be with – everyone loved her and was so impressed by her incredible talent. I truly respect her work and the photos speak for themselves. She has the most amazing vision for lighting and backdrops, and creates the most beautiful photos.

Working with Laura for your wedding is one less thing to worry about on your big day. Laura will take care of every detail and deliver amazing results! I can’t thank Laura enough for capturing the most special day of our lives perfectly. Every moment was captured perfectly and now we have the privilege of having those photos forever! I feel so lucky to have found Laura for our wedding day and could not be more thrilled with the gorgeous results!

Services Used: Photography

Three Lights Photography and Laura Luis did an amazing job for our wedding in May! We are incredibly happy with our pictures, and very glad that we decided to work with Laura. First of all, Laura's personal demeanor is patient, friendly, professional and, as we discovered on the big day, very calming. Laura conveyed in us a lot of confidence in her work. We were impressed by how she was able to quickly survey the ceremony site and "find" the best spots for lighting and formal pictures. Even with her formal shots, they did not feel or look posed; we were incredibly comfortable. Laura captured the experience of the day for us, and we and our families are thrilled!
Jon and Heather

Services Used: Photography

Laura was terrific and a joy to work with. We got married just a few days after the snowstorm double-whammy hit DC and the region was still semi-paralyzed, but Laura showed up on time and got straight to work (we wanted to do most of our photos before the ceremony). She cheerfully and unobtrusively kept everything moving right along, and put us both at ease for our formal shots. But of course the finished product is what counts. Her photos came out just as we'd hoped -- well-composed and well-lit, with everyone relaxed and enjoying themselves. We couldn't have asked for better.

Services Used: Photography

Laura was wonderful to work with and took the most beautiful pictures. She shot both our engagement and wedding photos, and we couldn't be happier with the quality of her work. She was extremely professional, and knowing that she was in charge of our pictures made the day much more stress-free for the both of us.

Services Used: Photography

We simply cannot praise Laura enough for the exquisite way in which she captured every moment of our wedding. When we saw our engagement photos, we knew that we made the right choice in using Three Lights as our wedding photographer, and Laura did not disappoint! Too often photographers rely upon posed and unnatural photographs during weddings; however, Laura focused on taking natural, interactive photos that beautifully represented our love for each other and for our close family and friends. From the moment that Laura and her assistant Mira arrived at the hotel for the getting ready photos until the end of our reception, they moved among our family and friends taking hundreds of photos while keeping their presence relatively unknown. When we received our wedding album and parent albums, we were speechless. Both of our mothers cried when we gave them their albums. With any other photographer, you would have to pay thousands of dollars for the quality and exceptional craftsmanship of Laura's albums, which are highly affordable and reasonably priced. We will always remember Laura's personal care and attention in photographing our wedding and creating our albums. We have recommended Laura and Three Lights to every person and couple we know who need photography services. We will continue to use Three Lights in the future for the other important moments in our lives because we know that we can trust Laura to capture every moment perfectly!

Services Used: Photography

We found Laura because she lives next door to my parents, but we chose her because she is an excellent photographer! I love her style-a blend of journalistic and artsy without seeming artificial. I especially liked the fact that she does more than wedding photography; her experience with architectural and landscape photography add a dimension to her work that is unique. She is true artist and a perfectionist who will make sure that your final photos and album are flawless. However, she is also low-key and made everyone in our wedding feel comfortable during the formal photo sessions. During the ceremony and reception, she got the shots she needed (and we wanted) without being obtrusive. We highly recommend Three Lights photography for high-quality photos with a low-stress approach to capturing them.

Services Used: Photography

Laura Luis is a masterful photographer. She captured so many priceless shots of family and friends that I will have to purchase a parent album of one thousand photos! Her attention to detail was phenomenal--even remembered names of family and wedding party--we were all impressed. I would recommend Three Lights Photography without reservation.

Services Used: Photography

Laura Luis was the photographer for our wedding in October, 2008 at Whitehall Manor. We met with a number of photographers and decided to go with Laura because she was affordable and because two couples we are friends with had hired her for their weddings and highly recommended her. She was easy going, friendly and professional throughout the whole process. On our wedding day she got the shots we wanted and made us all feel comfortable. She posted a slideshow on her website soon after the wedding and many of our relatives and friends said they had never seen such nice wedding photos before. We didn't plan to order an album since we had all the negatives but we changed our minds at the end of last year when Laura told us about some less expensive options. We spent a couple months going back and forth with her over which photos to put in the album and how to arrange them. Laura was very patient and accommodating all along the way. We just got our album last weekend and we love it!