Larkin's Catering and Events

Value
4.7
Flexibility
Recently Married

I had the ceremony on the lawn outside and the reception inside at the Sawmill. Everything was beautiful and exactly what I wanted! You tell them what you want and they'll find a way to make it work! Food was great also!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths
Recently Married

No worries when using this caterer.

Thank you so much!

Shannon
01/03/2015

Working with Larkins was one of the easiest and first decisions we made when we began planning our wedding. They are one of my favorite restaurants in Greenville and I knew their food would be leagues above the typical wedding food you see. Our contact Jessica made our every request come to life! Our reception started with a cocktail hour with passed hors d'oeuvres. I chose some of our appetizers from their catering menu but the chef was also able to create some custom foods just for us. After cocktail hour we had a sit down dinner. Dinner service was so smooth, and even with 22 tables of guests the servers were still so efficient and calm when passing out courses and making sure each table was attended to. And of course the food was FANTASTIC! Everyone complimented our catering and just raved about the menu! I loved that going into the day I didn't have to worry one bit about the catering, I trusted our contact completely to handle everything and pull together just what we wanted. I just got to look forward to eating the delicious foods we chose on the best day. They are definitely worth every penny!!

Larkin's Catering and Events responded with the following comments:

Thanks for the kind words, Shannon! You were a pleasure to work with. Cheers!
-Jessica

Services Used: Catering

Larkins is our favorite restaurant in Greenville, so from the beginning we knew we wanted them to cater our daughter's wedding. The food was outstanding. Many of our guests said it was the best they've ever had at a wedding. The chef was wonderful in working early on with my daughter (the bride) on the hors d'oeuvres menu.

We had a sit down dinner (duo of filet and crab cake) and enjoyed every bite. The service was stellar, unobtrusive and attentive without being bothersome. And I cannot say enough about how wonderful their Events Specialist, Jessica Latif is to work with. Professional, helpful, reliable, and organized. Once we booked with Larkins I did not have a single worry about the catering. Highly recommend and will use them again at the first opportunity.

Larkin's Catering and Events responded with the following comments:

Thank you, Joyce! We look forward to working with you in the future. Cheers!
- Jessica

Services Used: Catering

We had our Rehearsal Dinner in the Shirley Roe Cabaret Room, and it was something out of a dream! The exposed brick, beams and lighting created a beautiful setting, and the staff was wonderful. They helped my In-Laws carry everything in and decorate/set up, and made sure that everyone had anything they needed throughout the night. The food was great, we did the pulled pork, chicken, corn, potatoes---a truly southern meal, and the specialty drinks were delicious--bellini's and a raspberry drink (in addition to a variety of beer and wine).
We had about 60-70 people, and there was plenty of room for tables, the dance floor, buffet line, and the couch/lounge area next to the bar. We were also able to replace some of the pictures they have hanging up with several canvases of our engagement pictures so it made the room really ours for the night! The proximity to the Westin Poinsett (where we were staying) made for a very easy walk so we didn't have to worry about driving/parking, only about a block and a half away, so it was easy for the grandparents and the other elderly members of the family to get there as well.

Services Used: Rehearsal Dinner Location
The
10/19/2013

We worked with Billy! We used the courtyard and the Shirley Roe room. Billy was fantastic and the rooms were great! Food was outstanding, and well worth the cost.

1+ year ago

If you don't want to worry about an event, it's worth it to hire a professional outfit like Larkins. They deliver and are extremely well organized. worth it.

Jessica
06/15/2013

Larkin's Catering and Events created our dream wedding! I loved working with Kristina and the team at Larkin's. We conducted our Ceremony and Reception at Larkin's and they took care of everything. They set up all the chairs and tables for both locations and they food was outstanding. At our tasting, we had made a few changes, and they honored those changes exactly and we could tell on the day of our wedding. One thing I loved about Larkin's was that everything was included and they worked with all the other vendors we had. We would pay Larkin's, who turned around and payed our other vendors making it easier on us and not having to keep up with who was paid and who wasn't. They were a dream to work with and I would most definitely recommend them to anyone for an event or just dinner!

1+ year ago

Larkin’s was an absolute joy to work with, both in facility rental and catering. The Wyche Pavilion is gorgeous and provided the perfect location for my overall vision. Jessica was so good that it was like having a second wedding planner. Everything I needed she took care of and was super nice throughout us working together. She went above and beyond many times to make sure everything was just right. We chose the Greenville menu and it was amazing! All my guests are still talking about how great the shrimp and grits were and the best part is most of them don’t like grits! I was very lucky in that all the construction was completed so I was able to use the amphitheater as well. The only issue I will point out was wedding crashers but this is no fault of Larkin’s. Overall it was an amazing experience that I want to do all over again! Thank you Larkin’s and Jessica for making my wedding the most magical day ever!

Services Used: Catering

Wonderful all around! Billy is amazing! The whole team made me feel like my wedding was the most important event ever but with the polish so years and years of practice!

Services Used: Catering

We requested appetizers and an open bar cocktail hour, a seated dinner for 207 guests with an open bar and wine/champagne service during dinner, as well as assistance with serving the cake. The food was perfectly cooked and the right temperature. I don't know how they delivered this with a seated dinner of that size, but I can't imagine the food being any better. Guests have been raving to me about how it was the best wedding steak they have ever had. I would recommend them to anyone. Very professional and on top of it. Expensive but worth it for the best.

Services Used: Catering

Larkin's was absolutely wonderful to work with. Not only were they always able to meet with us when we needed/wanted to prior to the wedding but our reception was incredible because of their staff and the service we were provided. The food was delicious and we could not have been any happier with how we were treated!

Services Used: Catering

We chose Larkins and worked with Kristina. Kristina managed to meet our expectations. Some of things are being customized. The food was delicious! I would recommend Larkins.

Services Used: Catering

We are out-of-towners, so it was extremely important for us to have a reliable and professional venue, that would just take charge of any situation. We had a wonderful experience with Kimberly, and others as they led us through every step of the process. We learned that not all venues in Greenville are as professional as you might expect, so it was a real relief to work with such real pros. Once our side of the planning was done, all the ideas, table arrangements, and rental item decisions were made, we knew that they would just make it happen and they did! Our wedding was a complete success, and we didn't have to worry about a thing on our wedding day. Thanks to Kimberly, Christina, Michelle, and all the staff who made our cocktail hour and reception absolutely unforgettable for us and our guests!!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Loved this place. Not only for planning purposes was this venue agreeable, they were able to be so flexible with my situation! The staff was professional from the beginning. They followed up with email and phone conversations. The day of my reception they were gracious enough to stay on the phone with me for almost an hour as I navigated downtown greenville. I totally told everyone south main instead of north main. They made me little nightmare go away! They vale parking was the BEST THING EVER! The food was great, the staff that night at my reception dinner was hospitable and helped the night flow. Thank you Larkins on the River for being amazing!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Larkins on the River helped to make my special day one to remember. My guests are still raving about the wonderful food. The staff were so nice and very accommodating on my wedding day!