Larimore House Plantation

Larimore House Plantation

A Private, Historic Estate - Designed exclusively for Garden or Chapel Weddings & Elegant Receptions

11475 Lilac Avenue

(4.6 / 5.0)
4.6/5.0
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 3.5

Beautiful venue and excellent service

• Flexibility: 5.0

Everything about our wedding day was perfect! We could not have asked for a better venue on a better day. From start to finish, I did not have to worry about anything. Dena and her staff had everything taken care of for me. I think the perfect touch was at the end of the night when we were exhausted, her staff without even asking volunteered to help us clean up and take our things out to the car. This was very thoughtful and very appreciated! I would highly recommend having your event at Larimore!!

• Wedding: Recently Married
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Officiant, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Dena did an amazing job on making my wedding day special.

• Wedding: 10/18/2014
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Wedding Cake
Trisha
4.0/5.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 1.0

The house was beautiful! However the owners made the day a little stressful. They were very controlling and had to oversee, approve and be involved in every little detail. My wedding planner who has been doing weddings for 20 years had even made a comment saying "they were they most difficult venue she has ever worked with". It was beautiful location, the food was wonderful and my guest had no idea that the owners were so intrusive however for me, the groom and the wedding party it made the day more stressful then it needed to be. Just something to think about when booking there.

Larimore House Plantation responded with the following comments:

Elisa, we were absolutely shocked to see that you gave us a 1.0 for Flexibility when you showed up and practically begged us to have the ceremony outside after you told us that morning that you definitely wanted to be in the inside chapel because of the cool temperature. We and all our staff dropped everything to work with your wedding assistant to make that happen in such short notice...& we were happy to go to such lengths to have the ceremony you wanted. Since you had a wedding assistant that met with us for planning, we were never able to get to know each other better....and we're sure that if we had that opportunity, you would have realized our friendliness & that our wedding day supervision of the countless details was for you & your guests benefit. We pride ourselves in attentiveness and attention to details, and that hard work is reflected in the vast majority of brides who give us complimentary reviews. Thanks again for trusting us with this important day and we wish you guys the best !!

4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Larimore House Plantation was absolutely perfect for our September 2014 wedding. We were looking for a unique/elegant/romantic/vintage venue for our wedding and the Larimore House Plantation was like a dream! It was also important to us to have the ceremony and reception at the same location. Walking onto the property you will feel like you have stepped back in time- the property is gorgeous! The grounds are immaculate and the plantation is just beautiful. Having a ceremony in front of the plantation really is a WOW factor. Dena and Allen were fantastic to work with- I definitely wanted to customize my wedding day and they happily worked with me so that I could have everything the way that I wanted it to be. Dena was so amazing and answered questions and really paid attention to detail for me as I planned a wedding from out of town. Seriously, our wedding day was perfect Dena and Allen really did take care of everything for us. All of their recommended vendors were flawless and so easy to work with. They are top tier wedding vendors. Our wedding day was perfect so many guests came up and said they had no idea a venue like this existed in St. Louis and that they felt like that had witnessed a fairy tale wedding. We had a cocktail hour with appetizers and beverages after the wedding which our guests loved. Dinner and dancing followed in the reception venue which from the outside looks like a bar but is elegant on the inside. We served Chicken Piccata and Prime Rib- guests have commented and said the food was great! We had a great dance party with our guests along with a photo booth, cold stone catering, and an additional out door tent with a bar and cigar bar. I would recommend this venue and Dena and Allen to anyone. This was an extremely classy event that had a vintage/elegant feel and was all that we could have wanted. This venue is a gem!

• Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I got married here last month and it was just perfect. The ceremony, the reception, the DJ, everything was perfect. Dena and Allen were amazing to work with and very helpful with planning our special day.

• Wedding: 09/06/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Stephanie
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Dena is friendly and easy to work with.
The banquet center is elegant and provides a romantic ambiance. We had a blast at our reception as the food was delicious and the DJ listened to our song requests. I definatly reccomd this location for a reception.

• Wedding: 06/28/2014
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Transportation, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Kim
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I cannot say enough about Dena and Allen and Larimore House Plantation. They coordinated everything for us. From the DJ to the cake to the bar service to the hotel, everything was exemplary. It may seem like it's "too far north", but it's truly a perfect location for a wedding. The grounds are beautifully kept and the banquet hall is perfect. The food is wonderful and everything went off without a hitch. Perfect is just what it was.

• Wedding: 06/06/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I have absolutely no complaints. I contacted them 6 months before I wanted to get married and they were so easy to work with and made my wedding planning extremely easy. The day of, I was a stressful bride but Dena and Alan made the day amazing. It was a beautiful wedding.

• Wedding: 06/06/2014
Ryan
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Beautiful venue and great food. Dena and Alan did a great job making sure all our needs were met.

• Flexibility: 5.0

They worked with Lori and I on everything and were very helpful. It was like having a wedding planner at no
additional charge. Everyone said the venue, food and service were great!!!! I would advise any bride wanting
a beautiful garden wedding to choose Larimore House. I would also advise the mothers of future brides to use Larimore House, there were a couple of goofs on the part of a vender and family member, I was quite upset
until I spoke with Deena who had me calmed down and the situations handled with a great deal of tact .
Due to their efforts, I got to enjoy my daughters wedding. Thanks Larimore House!!!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
4.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

Although we had well over a year to plan for this event, it really went fast. Everything was handled just the way we wanted. The setting was beautiful. Just as the guest were beginning to arrive, so did the storm clouds. It was mentioned that we should start early so we could be done before it started raining. I felt this was unacceptable and unfair to our guest. We finally decided to move inside to the chapel. It was disappointing, but the right move for everyone. In the end everything was just perfect.

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
4.8/5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

Beautiful. The facility is equipped for indoor or outdoor simultaneously. The indoor chapel was beautiful. The grounds were immaculate. Vendor selection was constricting but very professional and economical.

• Wedding: 10/05/2013
michael
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I were married September 14th of this year at the Larimore House Plantation. This venue truly gave me a fairy tale wedding. The grounds are beautiful, the service from Dena and Alan is prompt and professional, and I can't imagine getting married anywhere else in St. Louis. If you are looking for something 'outside' of the box go check them out-it's worth it!

• Wedding: 09/14/2013
Shannon
4.7/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

We were married here 2 weeks ago and had an amazing day! We were able to come 2 hours early to get ready and take pictures and both of the owners were very helpful in all of our special requests. Dena is the wedding coordinator and she saved the day with a couple things that I forgot to prepare (There is So much to remember on your wedding day!!) We had two ministers and Allen was able to put cordless microphones on both of them for the ceremony. The parmesian chicken was delicious and even some picky guests gushed about how good it was. We used their House vendors for dj, cake and flowers and had absolutely no regrets with any of them. My only complaint was 4 or 5 guests who RSVP'd but didn't show up.....oh well. I hope this place is still around when My kids get married!

• Wedding: 08/11/2013
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Augst 3, 2013 was a very special day for our family as our youngest daughter was getting married. She did not have a lot of time to plan everything as she was in her Masters program at college. Dena and everyone at the Larimore House made that day one to remember. Everything just flowed together and our guests kept coming to us to compliment us on the venue, the food and the beauty of the location. We as her parents were able to relax and enjoy the day along with everyone else because of Dena taking care of seeing that all was right for the day. Absolutely the BEST!!! Thank you to the Larimore House. Randy and Colleen Bode

• Wedding: 08/03/2013
314-868-8009
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards