Larimore House Plantation

4.7
Flexibility
Private User
Recently Married

Everything about our wedding day was perfect! We could not have asked for a better venue on a better day. From start to finish, I did not have to worry about anything. Dena and her staff had everything taken care of for me. I think the perfect touch was at the end of the night when we were exhausted, her staff without even asking volunteered to help us clean up and take our things out to the car. This was very thoughtful and very appreciated! I would highly recommend having your event at Larimore!!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Officiant, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Trisha
10/18/2014

Dena did an amazing job on making my wedding day special.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Wedding Cake
Stephanie
09/06/2014

My husband and I got married here last month and it was just perfect. The ceremony, the reception, the DJ, everything was perfect. Dena and Allen were amazing to work with and very helpful with planning our special day.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Kim
06/28/2014

Dena is friendly and easy to work with.
The banquet center is elegant and provides a romantic ambiance. We had a blast at our reception as the food was delicious and the DJ listened to our song requests. I definatly reccomd this location for a reception.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Transportation, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

I cannot say enough about Dena and Allen and Larimore House Plantation. They coordinated everything for us. From the DJ to the cake to the bar service to the hotel, everything was exemplary. It may seem like it's "too far north", but it's truly a perfect location for a wedding. The grounds are beautifully kept and the banquet hall is perfect. The food is wonderful and everything went off without a hitch. Perfect is just what it was.

Ryan
06/06/2014

I have absolutely no complaints. I contacted them 6 months before I wanted to get married and they were so easy to work with and made my wedding planning extremely easy. The day of, I was a stressful bride but Dena and Alan made the day amazing. It was a beautiful wedding.

Private User
1+ year ago

They worked with Lori and I on everything and were very helpful. It was like having a wedding planner at no
additional charge. Everyone said the venue, food and service were great!!!! I would advise any bride wanting
a beautiful garden wedding to choose Larimore House. I would also advise the mothers of future brides to use Larimore House, there were a couple of goofs on the part of a vender and family member, I was quite upset
until I spoke with Deena who had me calmed down and the situations handled with a great deal of tact .
Due to their efforts, I got to enjoy my daughters wedding. Thanks Larimore House!!!

Shannon
09/14/2013

My husband and I were married September 14th of this year at the Larimore House Plantation. This venue truly gave me a fairy tale wedding. The grounds are beautiful, the service from Dena and Alan is prompt and professional, and I can't imagine getting married anywhere else in St. Louis. If you are looking for something 'outside' of the box go check them out-it's worth it!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Augst 3, 2013 was a very special day for our family as our youngest daughter was getting married. She did not have a lot of time to plan everything as she was in her Masters program at college. Dena and everyone at the Larimore House made that day one to remember. Everything just flowed together and our guests kept coming to us to compliment us on the venue, the food and the beauty of the location. We as her parents were able to relax and enjoy the day along with everyone else because of Dena taking care of seeing that all was right for the day. Absolutely the BEST!!! Thank you to the Larimore House. Randy and Colleen Bode

Brenna
06/15/2013

Dena and Allen were fantastic! I didn't have to worry about a thing, even though it kept raining! When we decided to have the ceremony outside, their staff dried off the seats and the ceremony went on! I couldn't have asked for a better venue!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I am so happy my fiancé and I chose to get married and celebrate at the Laromore House! It was the perfect venue to hold our vintage ceremony and reception. Our day went off without a hitch and our guests were so pleased with the Larimore House's grounds and amenities. Dena allowed me to be creative as I wanted to be while being so flexible and accommodating. If you are the less creative type, Dena is there to assist you in every detail! I highly recommend the Larimore House!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

ABSOLUTELY have your wedding and/or reception here!! I suppose I would like to start by saying "THANK YOU!" From the time I met Dena, I thought she was great! She is always smiling and cheerful. Through every twist and turn of the planning process, she was there answering my questions quickly by either email or a pleasant phone call. Anytime we stopped by to go over details or to just take a look around, her and her husband, Allen, would take time to chat with us, tell us about their beautiful historical property, or just talk to us about marriage, kids and life. We have grown to respect them for what they do for their clients and who they are as people. As far as the actual day went, I could not have asked for anything better!!! We started off our reception (our wedding was held at a Cathedral, due to Catholic rules) by greeting our guests in front of the beautiful house with hors d'oeuvres and punch. Our guests kept telling us how beautiful the property was and they were so impressed that St. Louis offered such a unique venue. Allen and Dena also worked with us and allowed us to set up croquet, bag toss and washers for our guests to entertain themselves with if they so chose (they also let my mom put up a snack table in the bar area filled with homemade treats!). The grounds also provided a stunning backdrop for many of our cherished wedding photos. Once we were announced into the reception, our guests were served a spinach salad (we have had multiple requests by guests to see if we can get a hold of the dressing recipe!) followed by apricot chicken or sliced beef with new potatoes and vegetable medley. We are still receiving compliments about the food, all saying it was the best wedding food they had ever experienced!! The cake was amazing as well, made by Wedding Wonderland (Cherry Chip, Marble & Lemon). Even the DJ (All About Music) was fantastic! He ended the reception with "American Pie" to which all the guests sang along! It was perfect!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Kristen
09/02/2012

Amazing! From start to finish Dena made me feel comfortable, answered all questions, and went above and beyond to make our wedding perfect. They did everything possible so that we could have our ceremony outside, which the weather cooperated for just long enough for some pictures and the ceremony itself! The grounds are gorgeous for photos, the indoor and outdoor ceremony locations are beautiful, and their staff was very professional. Our guests were so impressed by the location and couldn't stop gushing about how great the food was. Thank you for everything!!!
-Kristen and Brad Conard

Anonymous
2+ years ago

Larimore House Plantation provided an idyllic setting for my August 4th wedding. As an out-of-town bride, Dena worked within my schedule and was able to complete the majority of the arrangements over the phone or through e-mail. If I had any question or request, she and her staff promptly responded. Despite raining all morning on my wedding day, Larimore made sure that everything ran smoothly, so I could have the outdoor wedding of my dreams. My guests constantly commented on how beautiful everything looked and how smoothly everything ran. When it came time for the reception, I didn't really have to think about anything other than enjoying their delicious food and greeting my guests. I would recommend this venue to both my friends and family because of how easy and well-run everything is.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

Our wedding was on the day of the horrible hail storm in st. louis! Larimore had dried off all the chairs for a garden wedding but when it looked like it was going to rain again at wedding time....we conveniently moved into their wedding chapel with no worries. The ceremony and reception were all the fun we had expected and more! The owner even helped to get some of us back to the Hotel at West Port when the taxi never showed up after all was over. The bad part was all the lost windshields from the hail.....but our wedding was great and one that we will remember forever !

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My new wife and I found this venue and loved every bit of it. The ceremony was beautiful and our reception was a ton of fun! We even had Dippin Dots instead of cake and everyone seemed to enjoy that non-traditional bit of celebration. The staff, especially Dena the wedding coordinator, were very helpful with every need. We highly recommend this venue to any bride and groom!