Lansdowne Resort

Professionalism
Value
4.7
Flexibility

The staff at Lansdowne Resort is incredible! Christina Gibson was our wedding coordinator and made everything so easy and stress free, she gave great recommendations on everything; vendors, food, music, linens. It was so helpful having her opinion and when we made a final decision she made it happen with NO hassle. Millie is amazing at what she does and made everything go so smoothly during the whole ceremony and celebration. Hugo was a fantastic bartender and also waited on us during our tasting, such a sweetheart! Laura made the most beautiful, jaw-dropping, delicious cake I have ever seen, I was honestly speechless when I saw it and tasted it! We honestly feel like these people are a part of our family now, they made us feel so special. This venue is a MUST, it's beautiful inside and out and we will be reminiscing forever about it, it was absolutely our dream come true wedding.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The Lansdowne Staff did amazing things in preparing and hosting our wedding ceremony and reception. Christina Gibson, Catering Manager, was a dream to work with from day one. She always had suggestions available and always had a back-up plan for when things were not quite how we wanted it to be. She was very responsive in emails and was available to meet in person anytime we requested. She went above and beyond to make our event a very special one. Amanda Vassar, Director of Spa, was also fantastic in organizing the saloon and spa pre-ceremony events. Since we were having the ceremony and reception at Lansdowne, we also wanted to have the Bridal Party get prepared there. Amanda was able to accommodate all our needs in a very short time frame and worked with our group to make sure they could all get up-dos, make-up, nail services, and massages coordinated for the big day. Thanks to all the staff at Lansdowne for your superb effort!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Great value, awesome service! Christina and Hugo were amazing! This is the place to have your wedding.

Profile Picture
Ben
10/25/2014

We cannot say enough great things. Our coordinator Leslie Eyster was FANTASTIC and the whole process was awesome. They were always available to answer our questions, and we had plenty. The food was delicious!! The staff was VERY friendly! We give them a 6 out of 5 and can't say enough nice things. Again, Leslie was a HUGE help and asset to our whole event!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I got married at Lansdowne Resort in October and couldn't have picked a better venue. Everything from the food to the ceremony space was amazing. I really enjoyed working with Whitney - She was very responsive and ensured that every detail was perfectly executed!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This was our wedding reception venue for our October 12, 2014 wedding. Our wedding was held on a Sunday as there was a pretty hefty price difference between Saturday/Sunday weddings, however the price for Lansdowne is totally worth it. After planning the reception, I was concerned about the smaller details: How would the gifts get picked up after the reception? Do I need to bring buckets of water for the sparklers? What about all of my decorations? Everything was taken care of by the Lansdowne staff. My mom was thrilled that she really didn't lift a finger after the reception. In fact, after the sparkler exit, everything was nearly packed up. It was like magic. Now the food: OMG. We selected the BBQ bar and I don't think I have ever tasted better pulled pork. Our biggest concern was not having enough food. We worked with our coordinator Christina and were ensured there would be plenty and there was. I was the bride and I was stuffed with amazing food! The view off of the clubhouse balcony is to die for and they even set up heaters for when it became chilly out (also free of charge). The whole experience was wonderful!

1 person found this review helpful

Christina Gibson, Catering Manager, was absolutely great. She worked on every single detail to assure the success of our wedding. From day one, Christina showed a great level of professionalism and experience. She was very patient with us and provided us with solutions to our needs without hesitation. In addition, Nicole Anderson, worked with us on our overnight accommodations without flaws. She was very very responsive to our needs. Christina and Nicole are two great assets for Lansdowne Resort.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Christina Gibson was very helpful and flexible. She made sure my husband and I met our expectations. I asked her last minute changes and se didn't let me down, which is very important to a bride.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

So I will start with this- we planned our wedding in 4.5 months. We got engaged in late April and decided to try and make a fall wedding happen. We went to tour Lansdowne and immediately know that this was our venue- their outdoor ceremony space overlooking the mountains was exactly what we wanted! Fortunately, Lansdowne had an opening September 20, so we took it! I know there is no way we could have pulled this off without Lansdowne, and catering manager Christina Gibson.

Christina is AMAZING! She was 100% on top of everything, answered all our questions, was very responsive through the entire process, and was a rockstar the day of the wedding. She answered all my crazy, freaked-out bride questions with a smile. Lansdowne took care of so many things for our wedding, and anything they didn't cover was taken care of by one of the amazing vendors recommended by Christina.

We owe our amazing wedding, and our sanity, to Christina!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had an absolutely amazing wedding weekend at Lansdowne Resort. From the moment we pulled up to the moment we left, everything was perfect. I would like to recognize Leslie and Nicole for their outstanding service during the planning process - they were responsive and extremely helpful! It was also wonderful to have Leslie by our side at every event throughout the weekend. The bellmen, front desk agents, event staff (MILLIE), etc all over-delivered and allowed us to relax and enjoy the weekend. Millie was exceptional all weekend and made sure my husband and I were taken care of and happy. I would highly recommend Lansdowne to anyone looking for a beautiful, relaxing, destination wedding! Thank you to the entire staff for making our wedding weekend a memorable one! Our family and friends all raved about the resort as well!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Fun to work with, honest and straight forward, good communication back and forth.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Landsdowne was absolutely a beautiful venue for a wedding and reception. Our ceremony was on the Potomac terrace with a gorgeous backdrop of the golf course, Potomac River and mountains. The Clubhouse ballroom was great because it was separate from the main hotel. It was a perfect size for a 110 people reception and having the terrace in the back provided guest with options to be outside also. The food was fantastic (the tasting was one of the best parts about planning our wedding here)

We loved working with Christina Gibson, catering manager, who helped us with our menu and customized our reception to fit our budget. Christina’s quick responses to emails, timeliness, professionalism and easy going personality made the planning stages and end results for our wedding day perfect. Christina worked well with our wedding coordinator and was present at our ceremony and reception.

Christina thanks for the extra special touches that you provided at the ceremony and the reception. Thanks to all staff that assisted in making our day memorable.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

the resort and christina were the best. she worked very had to make our special day the best.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Fantastic venue and the employees made my night better than I ever expected!! They made a stressful event and planning go off without a hitch.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Lansdowne Resort and their wedding coordinator Christina Gibson were absolutely amazing! I couldn’t have imagined my wedding day any other way. It was beautiful and well run. The food was also amazing! Thank you so much for making my day so perfect 

Profile Picture
Private User
1+ year ago

The Lansdowne Resort is beautiful and amazing on its own, but my coordinator Leslie Eyster was really the one who made my dream a reality. I had to plan my wedding from Texas, so we communicated via e-mail and phone and she was incredibly helpful and super detail oriented which is incredibly important to me. Even though we had to hold the ceremony indoors due to rain, the entire day and night were beautiful and flawless. I would have gone crazy with stress if it wasn't for Leslie's guidance and support and she took care of every last detial so that I was able to relax and finally enjoy all of the time and planning that went into my wedding. Everybody had an amazing time, and the dance floor was packed the entire night. The guests raved about the food, service, resort and especially how lovely and fun the event was. She even packed up the zillion items I brought for the ceremony and reception and had it all in my room organized and ready to go. She even helped coordinate my dress change for the reception and my ceremony line-up which was a great help to me. I could easily list a hundred different things she was able to help me with and I would highly recommend requesting her to be your event coordinator. She was amazing for my wedding (which was mostly planned though email and over the phone) so I'm sure she would be equally flawless for those living nearby. I am still on cloud nine after having the best day of my life at the Lansdowne Resort. I can't wait to come back for our anniversary stay, and I only wish we could have stayed in town longer. Our wedding was awesome and I wouldn't have changed a thing! :)