Lansdowne Resort

(4.7 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(4.8 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Great value, awesome service! Christina and Hugo were amazing! This is the place to have your wedding.

• Wedding: 11/01/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We cannot say enough great things. Our coordinator Leslie Eyster was FANTASTIC and the whole process was awesome. They were always available to answer our questions, and we had plenty. The food was delicious!! The staff was VERY friendly! We give them a 6 out of 5 and can't say enough nice things. Again, Leslie was a HUGE help and asset to our whole event!

• Wedding: 10/25/2014
Ben
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I got married at Lansdowne Resort in October and couldn't have picked a better venue. Everything from the food to the ceremony space was amazing. I really enjoyed working with Whitney - She was very responsive and ensured that every detail was perfectly executed!

• Wedding: 10/25/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Christina Gibson, Catering Manager, was absolutely great. She worked on every single detail to assure the success of our wedding. From day one, Christina showed a great level of professionalism and experience. She was very patient with us and provided us with solutions to our needs without hesitation. In addition, Nicole Anderson, worked with us on our overnight accommodations without flaws. She was very very responsive to our needs. Christina and Nicole are two great assets for Lansdowne Resort.

• Wedding: 09/27/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Christina Gibson was very helpful and flexible. She made sure my husband and I met our expectations. I asked her last minute changes and se didn't let me down, which is very important to a bride.

• Wedding: 09/21/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

So I will start with this- we planned our wedding in 4.5 months. We got engaged in late April and decided to try and make a fall wedding happen. We went to tour Lansdowne and immediately know that this was our venue- their outdoor ceremony space overlooking the mountains was exactly what we wanted! Fortunately, Lansdowne had an opening September 20, so we took it! I know there is no way we could have pulled this off without Lansdowne, and catering manager Christina Gibson.

Christina is AMAZING! She was 100% on top of everything, answered all our questions, was very responsive through the entire process, and was a rockstar the day of the wedding. She answered all my crazy, freaked-out bride questions with a smile. Lansdowne took care of so many things for our wedding, and anything they didn't cover was taken care of by one of the amazing vendors recommended by Christina.

We owe our amazing wedding, and our sanity, to Christina!

• Wedding: 09/20/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had an absolutely amazing wedding weekend at Lansdowne Resort. From the moment we pulled up to the moment we left, everything was perfect. I would like to recognize Leslie and Nicole for their outstanding service during the planning process - they were responsive and extremely helpful! It was also wonderful to have Leslie by our side at every event throughout the weekend. The bellmen, front desk agents, event staff (MILLIE), etc all over-delivered and allowed us to relax and enjoy the weekend. Millie was exceptional all weekend and made sure my husband and I were taken care of and happy. I would highly recommend Lansdowne to anyone looking for a beautiful, relaxing, destination wedding! Thank you to the entire staff for making our wedding weekend a memorable one! Our family and friends all raved about the resort as well!

• Wedding: 08/16/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Fun to work with, honest and straight forward, good communication back and forth.

• Wedding: 07/19/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Landsdowne was absolutely a beautiful venue for a wedding and reception. Our ceremony was on the Potomac terrace with a gorgeous backdrop of the golf course, Potomac River and mountains. The Clubhouse ballroom was great because it was separate from the main hotel. It was a perfect size for a 110 people reception and having the terrace in the back provided guest with options to be outside also. The food was fantastic (the tasting was one of the best parts about planning our wedding here)

We loved working with Christina Gibson, catering manager, who helped us with our menu and customized our reception to fit our budget. Christina’s quick responses to emails, timeliness, professionalism and easy going personality made the planning stages and end results for our wedding day perfect. Christina worked well with our wedding coordinator and was present at our ceremony and reception.

Christina thanks for the extra special touches that you provided at the ceremony and the reception. Thanks to all staff that assisted in making our day memorable.

• Wedding: 07/13/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

the resort and christina were the best. she worked very had to make our special day the best.

• Wedding: 06/29/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Fantastic venue and the employees made my night better than I ever expected!! They made a stressful event and planning go off without a hitch.

• Wedding: 06/28/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Lansdowne Resort and their wedding coordinator Christina Gibson were absolutely amazing! I couldn’t have imagined my wedding day any other way. It was beautiful and well run. The food was also amazing! Thank you so much for making my day so perfect 

• Wedding: 06/22/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Lansdowne Resort is beautiful and amazing on its own, but my coordinator Leslie Eyster was really the one who made my dream a reality. I had to plan my wedding from Texas, so we communicated via e-mail and phone and she was incredibly helpful and super detail oriented which is incredibly important to me. Even though we had to hold the ceremony indoors due to rain, the entire day and night were beautiful and flawless. I would have gone crazy with stress if it wasn't for Leslie's guidance and support and she took care of every last detial so that I was able to relax and finally enjoy all of the time and planning that went into my wedding. Everybody had an amazing time, and the dance floor was packed the entire night. The guests raved about the food, service, resort and especially how lovely and fun the event was. She even packed up the zillion items I brought for the ceremony and reception and had it all in my room organized and ready to go. She even helped coordinate my dress change for the reception and my ceremony line-up which was a great help to me. I could easily list a hundred different things she was able to help me with and I would highly recommend requesting her to be your event coordinator. She was amazing for my wedding (which was mostly planned though email and over the phone) so I'm sure she would be equally flawless for those living nearby. I am still on cloud nine after having the best day of my life at the Lansdowne Resort. I can't wait to come back for our anniversary stay, and I only wish we could have stayed in town longer. Our wedding was awesome and I wouldn't have changed a thing! :)

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We selected Lansdowne Resort in Leesburg as the primary hotel for our wedding guests. Our ceremony and reception venues were nearby, and Lansdowne provided and good central location for our guests. We worked with Miranda to plan our wedding room block, and she was very helpful in terms of advising how many rooms we should reserve. Note that in the contract with Lansdowne, you are committing to a minimum number of rooms based on the size of your room block. Miranda was helpful in making sure we did not over-commit. Lansdowne provided weekly e-mails with updates on reservations against the room block which helped us ensure that our wedding party and out of town guests got rooms before the hotel filled up. We put together gift bags for our guests, and Lansdowne handled them very professionally (this is important given there were at least three other wedding groups at Lansdowne that weekend). The guest rooms were very nice, and we also used the Presidential Suite for bridal party preparations the morning of the wedding. The room was perfect, and despite the size of the bridal party (seven bridesmaids, two juniors, and three flower girls), everyone was comfortable. After the reception, we kept the party going at the hotel bar, which gave us a nice opportunity to continue mingling with our guests.

• Wedding: 05/10/2014
Services Used: Travel
Chris and Kellie
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Christina Gibson went above and beyond!!!! she made the whole expirence stress free. The whole day went perfect!!!

• Wedding: 05/09/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Lansdowne was an amazing venue. After a very relaxed year of planning (relaxed because Lansdowne's wonderful staff - specifically our wedding planner Christina Gibson - made it seem easy and smooth) we had the most fantastic day. From the moment of our walk through to the moment we said "I do" the staff were top notch, friendly, professional, and knowledgeable. Christina was wonderful to work with and not only kept me (the bride) calm, but worked secretly with my family to plan a few fun surprises. The day of the wedding she walked us through each step of the day so we didn't have to think. Additionally she and her staff did a wonderful job executing my vision for the wedding. I provided Christina with an overwhelming pile of homemade decorations to accompany Lansdowne fantastic decor and she put them in place without pause.

Our guests ranted and raved about the comfort the hotel, the beautiful facilities and grounds, and the amazing personal ad open feel of the wedding. We couldn't have asked for a better day! A special thinks to Christina and her attentive staff. I would highly recommend having your wedding here!!

• Wedding: 05/09/2014
877-423-8400
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards