Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort & Spa

Professionalism
4.7
Value
Flexibility

Laguna Cliffs was the PERFECT venue to get married. Sandy Chiu was our venue coordinator and she was fantastic with helping us plan the perfect day. And it was better than perfect! Our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception were all on the Vue lawn outside with the beautiful view. Everything ran smoothly and everyone was happy. The food was great, the service was great and we are so thankful for the staff's hard work!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Hands down the best place to get married in Orange County! We got married and had our reception all out doors on the Vue Lawn and it was everything and more! Nicole Whittam was our go to girl and she was fantastic! Best day of my life at the best venue possible! Thanks for everything Laguna Cliffs!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Place was very beautiful, we were very happy with all the staff, perfect venue for a wedding!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

This was the perfect wedding venue! The on site wedding coordinator (Sandy Chiu) was wonderful. She stayed on top of things and was always available when my husband and I had questions. The florist on site was also wonderful. She coordinated with our florist, Lynne Lucente (Flowers by Lynne), and the flowers turned out wonderful. The food was delicious - hats off to the chefs. The Salon did a great job with hair, make-up, and nails. Overall, having our wedding here made our day super special. Memories will be cherished forever!

Services Used: Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor

We choose to have both our ceremony and reception outdoors on the Vue Lawn and we couldn't be happier. I can't say enough positive things about Laguna Cliffs. Every single person there treated us wonderfully throughout the whole planning process. The staff was responsive and flexible. Everyone treated us like we were the only ones there from our coordinator, Rachel, to the bellhops. Rachel worked hard to make everything happen and we are so appreciative. There were other brides getting married on the same day, but no one even saw them. The florist made beautiful flower arrangements for the ceremony. The food was phenomenal- It's nearly 3 weeks later and my guests are still talking about the great food and great wait staff. When my autistic cousin refused to eat his meal the waiter, Adam (I believe), saw there was a problem and offered to substitute his meal. My cousin was thrilled to have a full plate of fries instead of steak. Small things like that are what makes this venue so amazing. They always go above and beyond. We truly could not ask for more. We look forward to coming back to stay again and again in the years to come.

Private User
2+ years ago

I was very happy with my hair & makeup here. I met the girls at the bridal fair about a year before my wedding. I went in for a few times for hair coloring and trials. They were quick efficent, and I looked beautiful on my wedding day. My husband was very happy with my makeup & hair. The girls were very nice and freindly, and it worked out great since i was getting married at he mission bascilica. It was the perfect spot for everything to take place.

Services Used: Beauty & Health
Kristianna
02/12/2011

We had our wedding on 02/12/11 at the Laguna Cliffs Marriott! Our wedding was absolutely AMAZING!!! Sandy Chiu was so helpful! When I met with her and we were given a tour of the venue, we fell in love with it!!! We were originally considering the Surf and Sand Resort, but the Laguna Cliffs exceeded our expectations!! The Cliffs just remodeled the hotel and it is stunning!! We were married on the Vue Lawn and used the Richard Henry Ballroom for our reception! It was so convenient to have both the ceremony and the reception at the same site!! Sandy was very responsive. She got back to me very quickly with the MILLIONS of questions that I had! The hotel was extremely flexible! Whenever I had an idea, I would ask Sandy about it and she made it happen!! The food was amazing!! I wish the portions had been a little bigger, because it was sooo good!!! They were flexible with the menu choices. For example, I did not care for the salmon so Sandy suggested we choose the Mediterranean sole and it was a hit!! The reception room was gorgeous!!! Truly amazing!!! Everyone at the hotel was so nice and friendly to our guests and us!! The honeymoon suite was to die for!!! They made the room so romantic for us!! It was the perfect touch after a longgg day!!! The view of the resort is absolutely breath taking!!! If you are considering having your wedding here, you def. should!!! You will not regret it!!!
The only downfall that I would have to say is the parking situation. You can either choose to host parking or have the guests pay. Valet is the only option here and for the guests to valet their car it is 15.00 per car and if they are staying over night, it is 30.00 yikes! As I mentioned, this is the only downfall that I experienced. The resort IS in Dana Point and it is a classy resort, which probably explains it!! :) The Laguna Cliffs was worth every penny! If you are on the fence, I would book it! Ask for Sandy Chiu!! She will take care of you and your wedding will be in GREAT hands!!!! :)

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

AMAZING! We had our wedding just after they finished remodeling. Our guests were blown away. Amazing views, amazing food, amazing rooms, amazing ballroom, amazing period. Sandy and Shanel are fabulous and professional. Whatever you need they help you in a second. Our day coordinator went MIA for a while and Sandy was there to help lead me into the ceremony. She goes above and beyond. Couldn't have asked for a better venue or caterer.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had a wedding dinner here and the patio on the other side of the pool and it was BEAUTIFUL. The servers took really good care of us, even when it got a little chilly after sunset. Sandy did a GREAT job working with my mother and I to get exactly what I wanted and having everything all set up for us. The servers also helped us collect our own decorations off the tables when they were taking everything down. The food was DELICIOUS and they were so helpful in preparing our specific menu. I will definitely go back here for anniversaries!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

AMAZING WEDDING SITE!!!!!! I absolutely loved getting married here!! Working with Rachel O'Neil at the Laguna Cliffs was a fabulous experience and the backdrop of the site for our ceremony was unmatched. Highly recommended to anyone looking for an elegant, classic, California wedding stie!

Jennifer
11/01/2014

Truly amazing spot to get married! We wanted a place to get married, have a reception but also host all our family and friends throughout the weekend and this place was perfect! The views, the service, the rooms, the location - nothing like it - viewing all of Dana Point Harbor and Doheny Beach. The Marriott is gorgeous and offers so much at any budget. I do wish there was a little more wiggle room knowing that you are bringing so much business to the facility that perhaps your guests got a little discount or a little something extra as everyone was eating and drinking at the hotel all weekend long but perhaps in the future. Otherwise, great place - indoors and outdoors!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My daughter had a beautiful wedding and reception out on the Vue Lawn Sept 6th, 2014. Everything was beautiful. Nicole the catering manager was wonderful, the food was delicious, Couldn't have picked a more beautiful setting.
Thanks, Nicole!

Private User
1+ year ago

The staff at Laguna Cliffs did an excellent job at going above and beyond and making sure that our special day was indeed special. They did little things that just made everything perfect.

4.3

For our wedding, we could probably not have picked a better venue than Laguna Cliffs. All of the staff was extremely friendly and courteous to us and all of our guests. The entire wedding day went smoothly and the weather was perfect -- we received many compliments on our beautiful venue and ceremony and reception spaces. Our ceremony was on the Vue Lawn, the largest and most picturesque of the three outdoor ceremony locations at Laguna Cliffs. While it was beautiful overlooking the park and ocean, there was another wedding nearby at the park (though off to the side from ours) whose audio occasionally could be heard during our ceremony. Although Laguna Cliffs tries to prevent people from walking around behind the ceremony through the park, it is a public park and they cannot prevent people from using it. What is very nice is that the package includes a floral arch or floral pedestals as well as the wedding cake and chiavari chairs which aren't usually included in packages for other locations. We were provided with bridal and groom changing rooms for the day of the wedding as well as a honeymoon suite for the night. Although it can be pricey for guests to stay there, it is a beautiful venue and guests of your wedding can get a discounted rate. The resort took care of most of the organization with our different vendors and coordinated setup and arrival times so we didn't have to. One thing to note is that there is a food and beverage minimum of $27,000. We ended up having to add on open bar options and late night snacks in order to meet our minimum for our 175 guests. All in all, I would definitely recommend this venue for weddings and think that we chose perfectly for our needs!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Laguna Cliffs is beautiful - their three outdoor locations all have ocean views. The indoor ballrooms are standard hotel ballrooms - nothing special - so we did the whole thing (ceremony and reception) outside. The wedding staff at the time was a little difficult to work with - they didn't always respond right away and one time forgot that we had scheduled a meeting. But the day of the wedding, everything was perfect. Also, I think some of the staff had only been there a month or so when we started working with them, so I'm sure they had to work out the kinks.

They really worked with us on the price and gave us some great deals to fit our budget. A lot is included with the package as well - cake, flowers for the ceremony, champagne toast, plus more - so it really helps keep the cost down.

Brooke
04/20/2013
3.9

The Laguna Cliffs Marriott is a stunningly gorgeous place to get married. After we saw it, every other venue we visited just paled in comparison. But, you do pay for that beauty. I think it is good value for what you get, but it's definitely expensive. If you want to get married with an ocean view in Orange County though, it's hands-down the best value around.

Everything was perfect and the staff really strove to give us every detail we wanted. When we had one guest show up unexpectedly, they easily added a spot for her. I have very few complaints. But just things to be aware of:

--You will get TONS of attention and quick responses in the three-four months leading up to your wedding. Before and after that, not as much.

--They sell you on only hosting one wedding per day. This was true BUT there was another event going on in the ballroom next door at the same time as our wedding. This would typically not bother me, but it was the end of a business conference and was a "Tacky Tourist" party. Not exactly the group I wanted to be sharing a bathroom with during my wedding. Plus a couple of them crashed our wedding.

--The vegetarian dinner served was not the one we had selected. Of course, no one except me noticed this.

The Laguna Cliffs was perfect for us and I would have our wedding there all over again. It was a perfect day!