Lago Giuseppe Winery and Event Site

Lago Giuseppe Winery and Event Site

Our Dream, is to make your dreams come true

8345 Highway 46 West

(4.9 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(4.7 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We held our wedding here in Early October, everything ran so smoothly. Janine and Joe were incredibly helpful and accommodating. The day / evening was truly magical, and this site is so beautiful! Our photographer was able to capture photos that look like they belong in a magazine!!

• Wedding: Recently Married
Profile Picture
Jen Smith
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We knew from the first time we visited Lago Giuseppe Winery that this was the place we would get married, and we were so happy with our decision! Not only is the venue gorgeous with the giant oak trees, lake and vineyards in the background, but the owners, Joe and Jeanine, are fabulous to work with. They are very responsive and are meticulous with the upkeep of their venue (not to mention, just great people!). We had our perfect wedding and i could not thank Lago Guiseppe enough for making that possible!

• Wedding: 08/09/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Joe & Jeanine are amazing! From the moment I set foot onto their property they were so helpful and encouraging. The event space is absolutely gorgeous. I had my heart set on a southern inspired wedding and my dreams came to life at Lago. My guests were amazed at the beauty that surrounded them. You can really see how much time and effort they put into taking care of their property. From start to finish the experience here was wonderful.

• Wedding: 06/21/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Most beautiful wedding venue and the most amazing family to work with! Joe and his wife are so helpful and are there for you every step of the way! Our guests are still talking about how beautiful the venue and night was! Our pictures are beautiful! After the wedding we went back to the gatehouse and they had set up candles, flowers, and our wedding cake for us to enjoy! So thoughtful! Living on the central coast you have many different venues to choose from and without a doubt I am so happy we chose Lago Giuseppe for our wedding day!

• Wedding: 07/13/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This site is gorgeous and the people that run it even better! If you want an outdoor beautiful vineyard style wedding this is it. We looked at a couple of places but this site was the most flexible and genuine. They are honest and up front. They ask that you buy 3 cases of their wine which is awesome red wine! We actually had a couple of guests asking to buy their wine during the wedding. They have worked with most of the vendors in the San Luis Obispo area so it became easy when scheduling other vendors. I never was stressed out or worried about my wedding day. They had it handled! Thank you so much for everything!

• Wedding: 05/18/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Choosing your venue is probably the scariest but most exciting step in the wedding planning process and I am so happy we chose Lago Giuseppe. My now husband and I knew it fit the two of us to a T after we toured it. Most counties have a strict ordinance where amplified music must be shut off at 10pm, meaning most vendors want you and your guests gone right at 10pm or even before. But that is where Lago Giuseppe differed. Amplified music still had to be off, but they didn't kick us out. Instead they welcomed us to hang around, lit their awesome fire pit and allowed us to stay on property until midnight. After our sparkler exit at 10pm, my new husband and I were delighted to see so many of our friends and family sitting around the fire. We made s'mores, drank some more, and just continued to enjoy such an amazing day. It doesn't get much better than that.

Choosing Lago means you add a few more members to your family. Working with Joe and Jeanine Mistretta, the owners, was truly like working with family. We visited on three separate occasions leading up to the wedding and each time, either Joe, Jeanine, or the both of them were on hand to answer any questions we had. The second visit was by far the most fun, tasting their wine and just enjoying ourselves and the beautiful surroundings.

We hired Jeanine to do our day-of coordination and between her and her amazing daughter, the wedding ran so smoothly. They went above and beyond to figure out solutions for things I missed in the planning process and they really have their operation running like a well-oiled machine.

My husband and I stayed at the gatehouse the night of our wedding and I'm so happy we did. When we walked into the house after the wedding, there was a bottle of champagne on ice, a sweet note to the two of us, a cheese and cracker platter, and a bunch of our desserts that they had packaged up and saved for us. It was so fun waking up the next morning and still being on the property where we got married. We were able to walk around the next morning and watch as everything was taken down. And once again, there were Joe and Jeanine, hanging around. It was so fun to relive the night before with them.

Lago Giuseppe will forever be one of the most special places for my husband and me and we can’t wait to visit in the years to come, celebrate anniversaries, and visit with our new “family members”.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
  • Professionalism: 1.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 3.0

Magical Wedding
We had an amazing wedding at Lago Giuseppe, it was truly spectacular. Our pictures were breathtaking and our guests loved it.
While gorgeous, this venue is completely outside, so it require a lot of planning and rentals. Bathrooms must be brought in, and including the bathroom trailer, the rentals alone were well over $6,000. We used Trumpet Vine Catering– they were amazing. Jeanine and Rhiannon (very sweet) were day-of coordinators and they ensured our wedding rehearsal and ceremony went off without a hitch. The Mistretta family was kind to our guests and in general, they seemed to do their utmost to make sure the event went great. If you do not hire an outside coordinator, be sure to create your own detailed wedding schedule and coordinate with all the vendors on every detail well in advance. Be sure to get everything in writing.
We did have a couple of surprises and one disappointment. First, we were never told up front that we had to provide a dumpster (trash, really?), nor was it in our contract, but it was suddenly required two months before. Trumpet Vine was not supposed to, but they graciously agreed to provide it. Second, 3 weeks prior we told Jeanine we wanted to have a sparkler exit (listed in the contract price list as $2 per piece), but on the day of the wedding, she denied that Lago provided them at all. Interesting misunderstanding. Third, while 3 cases of Lago wine are required to be bought ($1000), Joe agreed when we booked the wedding that we could serve what we wanted at the wedding. We were very clear that guests would be served a different red wine, and we would save Lago for our home. We re-confirmed this with Jeanine 3 weeks before the wedding, but unfortunately they opened the Lago cases and served the wine anyway. We didn't notice given we were a little busy. My husband was pretty upset when he later found out, he felt Lago was not honest or careless, or both. Later they denied they made the agreement.
Lighting – The site can get windy and dark at night. The more hurricane candles you have on the tables and everywhere, the more amazing it will look.
Our guests told us they had to feel their way in the dark down a dirt hill to get to the restroom trailer. Candles in mason jars in those areas are a good idea.
Despite that no wedding is perfect, we loved our wedding there and with good planning and vendors, you should have a lovely event!

• Wedding: 08/06/2011
805-237-7300
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
4.7