Kentucky Pro DJ

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Working with Russell and KY Pro DJ for our wedding was absolutely amazing. As every bride is I was worried about everything going smoothly on our wedding day and Russell was a big help to ease my mind. He listened to every idea/ question I had and helped me plan my big day. Even the day of and during the reception if I had to change the order of things all I had to do was let Russell know once and it was taken care of right away. Our guest had a blast dancing to the music all night long! Could not think of a better DJ for my wedding day!!

Recently Married

Jason, at KY Pro DJ, went to the moon and back for our wedding. From the moment I met him at a bridal show, he was friendly and respectable. We talked on the phone shortly after and he explained his company. I was shocked when we had been on the phone for an hr with him generously answering my millions of questions about his experience w/ SO MANY different venues-all before I ever even said I was booking him! As time went on, Jason truly became a good friend, which is exactly what you want in the guy in charge of your ENTIRE wedding! He told me he friends all brides he works with on FB to continue to get a better feel of what music/style they like. He really takes it seriously. He even provided a wonderful timeline suggestion for the reception as a guideline & why it works best. I trust his years upon years of experience... and he was right!Our reception went so smoothly! We had over 300 ppl & he kept them ALL entertained & dancing without a single a boring moment. He suggested we play 'the shoe game' while guests finished eating (which is needed for that many guests and a buffet!). He also provided beautiful uplighting which really transformed the room. I was able to pick the exact shades of colors of the lighting because he came out to the venue with me a month out to show his set up and provide his insurance. We changed the colors between cutting cake, first dances, intros, and etc - then he had some that went to the beat of the music for later in the night! So fun! Lastly-A week out from my wedding I realized I THOUGHT I had a photobooth booked, but I didn't. He turned a very stressful situation into no big deal in seconds when he offered to bring his photobooth instead. As with every wedding, there were a hand full of things that went 'wrong' that were related to other factors (not DJ at all). but with him there, not a single guest noticed! He dealt with so many (difficult) people with such class. My mom calls him the wedding MVP - and I couldn't agree more!

Services Used: DJ, Entertainer, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other)
Eric
05/30/2015

I will start this review with “YES! I would hire them again and I would tell my friends to do the same!” I married my partner and friend of 13 years, Jason, on May 30, 2015. We were in a bit of a rush on the wedding plans due to a short time frame. We got our venue in January of 2015 purely by luck (someone had just moved their wedding earlier). The next big thing was to find a DJ. We were told by our florist to contact Kentucky Pro DJ and talk to Jason Henninger. Jason was a delight to work with and listened to each and every one of our needs and the short notice didn’t faze him! We decided on TJ as our DJ / MC for the evening. I sent my song selections and the day’s itinerary to Jason H. and he forwarded the information on to TJ. Our venue was only available the day of the wedding so we didn’t have a walk through the day before but we set one up 2 hours before – we had a dress rehearsal! TJ and his assistant John took everything in stride, accommodated the outdoor ceremony, the indoor reception and indoor dancing! I was apprehensive because we only walked through everything two times before everyone arrived. I had an officiant that needed a microphone and duet singers. The entire evening was perfect! TJ and John were the best! We didn’t have one issue and it felt like it was rehearsed for weeks. We are so pleased with the service and attention to detail! Thank you TJ, John, Jason H. and Kentucky Pro DJ!!

Services Used: DJ

All I can say is AMAZING! Being as this was our first time planning a wedding, we were completely lost when it came to selecting our DJ. Through a recommendation and research, we found a Gem! We can honestly say that Jason and his team at Kentucky Pro DJ made our wedding the "party" we were wanting. Not only did he work with us from the very beginning with song selection, timeline ideas, and stress relief (mainly on my part! Hehe), but he also made our reception breathtaking with the addition of up lighting. In the beginning I wasn't really sure what this would look like in our venue and was very nervous that it would look too tacky.... That feeling didn't last long. In our very first face to face meeting Jason had us meet him at a venue he was preparing for an event that was also using up lighting. He demonstrated the different colors, made suggestions on what would look best with the colors of our venue, and even gave us a demonstration of the lights changing colors in sync with the music!!!! Needless to say I was speechless, but nothing could prepare me for the final product. Jason and his team were so professional, fun, and easygoing. Jason also did an amazing job at keeping the reception and events on time while keeping the guests entertained! If you are looking for a person/team to take your wedding day from ordinary to extraordinary, then you must have Kentucky Pro DJ booked!!!

1 Review
Recently Married

We loved KYPro! TJ was my DJ for my wedding, and he did an incredible job of working with me to determine my music lineup! He even found an obscure song that I wanted to walk down the aisle to and made it work! He did an incredible job of ensuring that the night ran smoothly and my guests were entertained. I really enjoyed having them there - very professional and fun!

Services Used: DJ

I can not say enough good things about working with Jason. Not only did he exceed all of our expectations but he was so helpful through out the whole wedding process. Before meeting Jason, we were worried that our DJ would not play the kind of music that we enjoy and that we like dancing to. Not only did Jason listen to what we wanted, but he was even able to suggest other ideas that we had not thought about. Both of our families are normally reserved, so we were concerned about people being willing to get out on the dance floor. However, thanks to Jason our dance floor was packed the entire night! We could not have asked for a better DJ.

Ashley
Recently Married

They did a superb job for us! They ask for input prior to the wedding and used our in put to provide quality music. Would definitely recommend them to others. Additionally, they traveled from Richmond to Ashland and that was no problem whatsoever. Very pleased!

Services Used: DJ

As a bride that just got married, I can't speak enough about Jason and his service at our wedding. I kept telling my husband the next day how in shock I was with how smooth everything went all night and how great Jason and his crew were. They kept checking in to make sure we were happy and kept us on track so we would have plenty of time to enjoy the night. NOTHING went wrong, or at least nobody told me or my husband,....flawless and an absolute blast! When deciding to choose a DJ, we had no idea how involved, detailed and helpful Jason/Kentucky Pro DJ would be with our wedding. I didn't do a wedding planner and I'm so glad I didn't because I didn't need one with Jason giving us tips on every aspect of the wedding planning process to him keeping in touch with us from our first meeting in January until we got married in November. We can't thank Jason and his crew enough for how memorable, easy and fun they made our wedding day! Thank you!!

Services Used: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths
1 Review
1+ year ago

Jason and his team were wonderful to work with! We also used his photo booth which was a hit and I love the pictures! He was recommended to us by the hotel coordinator where we had the wedding reception. A friend had also used him at her wedding and was very happy with his work. The flow of the events of the evening was very smooth and the guests had a great time!

Services Used: DJ

Sam Tyree did a beautiful job keeping the flow of the reception on point! My husband and I couldn't be more pleased with our choice to use Ky Pro Dj. We were torn between having a band or DJ, we are so thankful we chose Sam. Our guests are still talking about how much fun they had on the dance floor. Every detail or concern I had was addressed, including a birthday song for my guest to tweaking the length of our first dance. Sam and Jason also were in constant communication with my wedding planner to make sure the entire evening went off without a hitch. Wouldn't change a thing about our DJ!

Services Used: DJ

Jason from KY Pro DJ was absolutely amazing as our DJ. He was professional, friendly, and his expertise was apparent from the first time I chatted with him. Jason was highly recommended to me by a wedding planning resource company and his name kept popping up when I spoke to other vendors about needing a DJ. Because I decided not to hire a wedding planner, I was super nervous about the pace of the reception and if everything was going to run smoothly. Jason made sure that our wedding reception was perfect! He was the glue that stuck everything together for our reception because he constantly checked in with me to make sure the night was going the way I wanted it to and to make sure we were staying on the schedule I wanted. When we began to run a little behind schedule, Jason checked in with me and helped push everything back so that I wasn't rushed. I immensely appreciated Jason organization and expertise in helping make sure the night was perfect. Not only was Jason super helpful with the flow of the night, his music selection and DJ skills were outstanding! We had young guests, middle aged guests, and older guests and he made sure there was a wide variation in music so that everyone was happy and having fun. One of our family friends brought salsa music to play on a jump drive and Jason and his staff were able to play a few of the songs from the jump drive! The night was perfect! Several of our friends and family members commented on how great our DJ was after the wedding and that they had a blast dancing the night away! At the front planning end, Jason sent me several planning resources months before my wedding so that I could begin to think about music and song selections and his resources were super helpful in picking out music for our reception. Overall, if you need a DJ service in and around Lexington, I enthusiastically recommend Jason from KY Pro DJ. You will be extremely impressed by him and will not be disappointed with his services!!

Services Used: DJ

My husband and I hired Jason for our June 7th wedding. From our first meeting with him via phone we knew we couldn't go wrong with his company. He was personable, funny and organized. Prior to our wedding he sent us music request sheets where we told him all the songs we wished to hear on our wedding day. He organized the songs and made sure they were all played. Throughout the night I received numerous compliments regarding how wonderful our DJ was. Jason kept the entire night on schedule and didn't miss a beat. The crowd kept dancing until the very end of the night.

Services Used: DJ

We got married at the Ashley Inn outside of Lexington and we were EXTREMELY pleased that we chose Kentucky ProDJ! We live in Alabama, so we were planning our wedding from a different state and Jason did a great job staying in touch with us. He sent us forms way in advance so that we could take care of musical selections and other details before the last-minute wedding stress that can often occur. He was flexible in setting up times for us to talk on the phone and he was very helpful as we planned our ceremony and reception. As far as our actual wedding day, Sam was our DJ and we thought he was wonderful! All of our friends raved about the dance music and how much fun it was! And even with a few last-minute changes in the order of the reception, Sam handled everything with composure and made sure everything still went off without a hitch. All in all, we were thrilled with Kentucky ProDJ and would happily recommend them to anyone!

Services Used: DJ

Jason, of Kentucky Pro DJ, was so wonderful to work with! We loved how attentive he was to all the details of our wedding from the very first time that we met with him. On the day of the wedding he was very precise and made everything flow smoothly and perfectly. Our wedding day was exactly as we had planned and envisioned thanks to Jason's hard work. Not only did he MC and help keep our wedding on time, but he was also an amazing DJ that played a great variety of music and kept our guests on the dance floor all night long! Our guests, young and old, complimented us on the great selection of music that was played. I would definitely recommend him for a wedding or any event!

Services Used: DJ

KentuckyProDJ was amazing! I can't tell you how many people said the dance floor was the funniest dance floor they had ever been on!!! Jason is truly wonderful at not only the music side of things, but also at keeping the night on schedule, consistently checking in with the bride and groom, setting up our beautiful monogram lighting and room lighting, and making sure the night runs smoothly. If you go with KYProDJ, you will be sure to have an amazing reception that your friends and family will talk about forever!!! Not to mention Jason is one of the kindest people you will ever meet!

Services Used: DJ

They were fantastic! We were a little lost when it came to picking our music but Jason guided us through and really made it a fun experience for us. He set the mood for the night and kept the party going! The photobooth was a HUGE hit! Everyone loved it and I still see the photo strips on everyone's fridge.

Services Used: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths