Kelly Guenther Studio

Capturing the True Spirit of the Wedding Day

1133 Broadway Suite 1308
New York, NY 10010 | map
Style: Photojournalism
Packages: Albums, Digital Files, High Resolution Images, Negat...
Liability Insurance: Yes

Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I am an Australian Citizen who recently eloped in New York City. I had to arrange everything online and some would think that this could be a challenge. But it wasn't! Kelly made the process so easy for us and involved us in the process of organising a run for the day. It was a pleasure to have her as our photographer and would highly recommend her to anyone that needs a fabulous photographer!

Can't rate her and her work high enough!

Daniella and Michael

• Wedding: 09/19/2012
Profile Picture
Daniella
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I learned a lot from the wedding planning process. And one big lesson is that when it comes to wedding priorities, your photographer is as important as your dress. You have to pick a dress that makes you feel comfortable while making you look more spectacular than you have ever looked. Same thing with your photographer. You must trust her to be with you as you experience and express a huge spectrum of emotions, and she has to know how to find the beauty and the art in each moment. I picked the right dress and I picked the right photographer: Kelly Guenther, Wedding Photojournalist.

From the moment we met her, Kelly impressed us with her professionalism, extraordinary attention to composition and detail, and commitment to maintaining an honest, photojournalistic approach to her work. We met her at a wedding exposition at the Brooklyn Academy of Music, and before the end of her presentation, we had decided to hire her.

Kelly is just a consummate creative professional. Not only is she exceptional at what she does, she runs her business well: she is an excellent communicator, and she and her assistants are so prepared for their work that Kelly ended up making our wedding logistics run more smoothly than they would have without her.

I felt pure, unadulterated joy when I looked at our wedding photos. You can feel the crisp, cold, December day of our wedding when you look at our outdoor shots. You can hear the chatter of our ring bearers before the processional, and the bass line of the incredible Motown band we hired to keep us dancing the night away.

Our wedding was even more emotionally heavy than most: my grandmother, whose anticipated attendance at the wedding had determined the date of it, died just four days before. We ended up feeling her presence even more strongly throughout the wedding day. We were honoring her amazing spirit while we were surging with joy and exuberance at finally celebrating our wedding day. Kelly captured this vast range of emotions, and she *never* did anything to influence how we felt or what we did. She was emotionally objective while being photographically in sync with everything that was going on.

It doesn't matter where in the world your wedding is taking place. My husband and I live in Brooklyn, and held our wedding in Detroit, my hometown. This made our wedding a destination wedding, because neither of us live there full-time. Booking Kelly and her team to fly in from New York was one of the *easiest* elements of the wedding planning process. Like I said, she and her crew are always prepared. They have it all figured out. Just tell them the date and the location, and the arrangements will be in place without much work. So don't hesitate to bring her with you wherever your wedding takes place!

Also, ask for the photo booth/studio!!! We LOVED it, and our guests LOVED it. We got even more amazing shots of our family and friends that way.

Kelly is the consummate creative professional. You will be lucky to have her by your side at your wedding. Hire her NOW!

• Wedding: 12/11/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Not just a wedding photographer...Kelly photographed our daughter's Bat Mitzvah. The pictures are wonderful. Kelly captured the day perfectly. She was great with my daughter and her friends. We have pictures of the silliness and the touching speeches...the candids are terrific. We never knew she there, but she got all the shots. A true professional, with an incredible eye for great pictures.

• Wedding: 12/04/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We were lucky to catch Kelly on her last available weekend of the Fall. The weather forecast went back and forth all day, and she stayed completely flexible throughout. Even when we hopped a boat in the driving rain, Kelly jumped on board too, clicking away. Great sport. She was everywhere, got shots of everyone, yet was completely unobtrusive. You can't overestimate the significance of having great documentation of the wedding. The bride is running around and can't fully enjoy it all. Being able to relax later and reminisce, and discover all that you never knew, is so incredible. You wouldn't want to risk losing that moment by hiring someone with less talent, taste, experience or innate ability.

• Wedding: 10/24/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We couldn't have asked for more.

• Wedding: 09/29/2007
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Great to deal with. Did everything within timelines. NO PROBLEMS AT ALL!

• Wedding: 10/19/2003
347-683-1867
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards