Kelly Guenther Studio

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Kelly Guenther is amazing and a award winning photographer who captures the pure essence of a person. She is a joy to work with, she is a very professional as well fun to work with. I can tell you I see the world a little differently through Kelly's photos, she see what you do not, which is breathe taking. I would highly recommend her, i guarantee you will not be disappointed.

Sophie
01/31/2015

I thought Kelly was warm, personable and easy to talk with, which were all qualities I found very important.

At my wedding she somehow magically blended in and became part of the landscape, allowing us to relax and not pose so I especially loved the shots she took when I had no idea she was there!

She managed to capture some extremely touching and beautiful moments which we'll now have forever and I'm extremely grateful to her!!!
Serious thumbs up!

Brian
05/25/2014

Kelly was a delight to work with from the moment we met her, and her photos of the entire wedding weekend are spectacular. The moments she and her associate caught, and the emotions that come through, could only have been photographed by a true photojournalist. All of our family and friends continue to be awed by our pictures, and several of them will be family "classics" for the rest of our lives, we are confident. My only regret is that I wasn't more firm about my ask that we get photos of our guests at each and every table. Kelly convinced us we shouldn't do that, and because of that, there were guests who didn't make it into even one single photo. Outside of that, though, we couldn't have been happier with our photos, and with working with Kelly.

1+ year ago

Kelly and her staff were wonderful throughout the entire process, from conception of how we wanted the wedding covered to making sure our guests were having a great time at the "photo booth" we had arranged at the reception. Being that the wedding took place on Fire Island the logistics of getting the photographers and their equipment out to the beach was a challenge but they pulled it off without a hitch.

2+ years ago

Kelly is incredibly talented. Our wedding pictures are just what we wanted. We wanted a photographer to tell a story with candid shots and unexpected moments instead of your run of the mill portraits and silly staged shots. Kelly captured a warm and loving wedding story for us! Our wedding was long distance in Texas and Kelly was very professional in coordinating details with us over the phone and by email. There was no hassle at all with her being long distance and I recommend her for any event no matter the location.

2+ years ago

Kelly and her team are fantastic! Her talent and photojournalism background speaks for itself - our photos are a beautiful collection of moments including both formal portraits and honest candids. Professional from start to finish, she and her team wonderfully handled our entire event. Her business is smartly managed and contracts and payment were all clear and easy to implement. Kelly is attentive, detail oriented, and honest to work with. I'm thrilled that from now on we have her images to take us back to our wedding day.

Jaspreet
09/30/2012

Kelly was a pleasure to have as our wedding photographer. We clicked from the moment we met her at a backyard party in Brooklyn. She had a special vibe and we really liked her personality. Then when we saw samples of her work, we discovered how good a photographer she was, and decided to go with her for our wedding. She took amazing pictures, capturing the pre-wedding chaos and energy, the wedding itself, the walk we took in West Village where she followed us around and took some really cool pictures, and finally the hours of dancing and fun. She even joined us on the dance floor for a little bit which was awesome. It was an amazing day and is made even more special by the memories she captured.

Daniella
09/19/2012

I am an Australian Citizen who recently eloped in New York City. I had to arrange everything online and some would think that this could be a challenge. But it wasn't! Kelly made the process so easy for us and involved us in the process of organising a run for the day. It was a pleasure to have her as our photographer and would highly recommend her to anyone that needs a fabulous photographer!

Can't rate her and her work high enough!

Daniella and Michael

Services Used: Photography

Kelly Guenther Studios took wonderful photos of our wedding, June 2, 2012.
They were able to capture the dramatic arc of that day, from our preparations at home,our ride to the venue, the arrival of guests, the ceremony, the dinner, and the dancing as the festivities moved from the bright day into the moonlit night.
We have portraits of us and our family that we still cherish.
They were a warm presence t through all of this, yet were completely unobtrusive.
We’ve recommended them to our friends and will continue to do so.

Jennifer
11/01/2011
4.7

Kelly was very true to her pledge that she would use a photojournalistic approach to our wedding photography. She did not interrupt the ceremony or reception at all, but worked around all the wedding day chaos to create beautiful images of our special day. She arrived early, provided us with an abbreviated version of the photos almost as soon as we returned from our honeymoon, and gave us all the edited photos when she said she would (if I remember correctly, it was about 3 months later). While she was not the cheapest option we found, she was extremely reliable and reassuring and delivered everything she promised.

Rick
08/16/2011

Kelly was an absolute dream to work with. Ridiculously professional, super fun to be around, and talented beyond belief. Kelly also has a high EQ and was able to tap into the emotions of the day and capture it on film.

We developed a plan with Kelly for how the day would unfold, and as things always seem to go, we had to adapt to unplanned traffic, a rain shower, and crowds. Kelly went with the flow, had new ideas for how to proceed, and made us smile all the way through. We ended up having an amazing day together and memories that will last a lifetime.

We cannot recommend Kelly more enthusiastically; she is fantastic in every way!

Services Used: Photography

I learned a lot from the wedding planning process. And one big lesson is that when it comes to wedding priorities, your photographer is as important as your dress. You have to pick a dress that makes you feel comfortable while making you look more spectacular than you have ever looked. Same thing with your photographer. You must trust her to be with you as you experience and express a huge spectrum of emotions, and she has to know how to find the beauty and the art in each moment. I picked the right dress and I picked the right photographer: Kelly Guenther, Wedding Photojournalist.

From the moment we met her, Kelly impressed us with her professionalism, extraordinary attention to composition and detail, and commitment to maintaining an honest, photojournalistic approach to her work. We met her at a wedding exposition at the Brooklyn Academy of Music, and before the end of her presentation, we had decided to hire her.

Kelly is just a consummate creative professional. Not only is she exceptional at what she does, she runs her business well: she is an excellent communicator, and she and her assistants are so prepared for their work that Kelly ended up making our wedding logistics run more smoothly than they would have without her.

I felt pure, unadulterated joy when I looked at our wedding photos. You can feel the crisp, cold, December day of our wedding when you look at our outdoor shots. You can hear the chatter of our ring bearers before the processional, and the bass line of the incredible Motown band we hired to keep us dancing the night away.

Our wedding was even more emotionally heavy than most: my grandmother, whose anticipated attendance at the wedding had determined the date of it, died just four days before. We ended up feeling her presence even more strongly throughout the wedding day. We were honoring her amazing spirit while we were surging with joy and exuberance at finally celebrating our wedding day. Kelly captured this vast range of emotions, and she *never* did anything to influence how we felt or what we did. She was emotionally objective while being photographically in sync with everything that was going on.

It doesn't matter where in the world your wedding is taking place. My husband and I live in Brooklyn, and held our wedding in Detroit, my hometown. This made our wedding a destination wedding, because neither of us live there full-time. Booking Kelly and her team to fly in from New York was one of the *easiest* elements of the wedding planning process. Like I said, she and her crew are always prepared. They have it all figured out. Just tell them the date and the location, and the arrangements will be in place without much work. So don't hesitate to bring her with you wherever your wedding takes place!

Also, ask for the photo booth/studio!!! We LOVED it, and our guests LOVED it. We got even more amazing shots of our family and friends that way.

Kelly is the consummate creative professional. You will be lucky to have her by your side at your wedding. Hire her NOW!

Services Used: Photography

Not just a wedding photographer...Kelly photographed our daughter's Bat Mitzvah. The pictures are wonderful. Kelly captured the day perfectly. She was great with my daughter and her friends. We have pictures of the silliness and the touching speeches...the candids are terrific. We never knew she there, but she got all the shots. A true professional, with an incredible eye for great pictures.

Services Used: Photography

We were lucky to catch Kelly on her last available weekend of the Fall. The weather forecast went back and forth all day, and she stayed completely flexible throughout. Even when we hopped a boat in the driving rain, Kelly jumped on board too, clicking away. Great sport. She was everywhere, got shots of everyone, yet was completely unobtrusive. You can't overestimate the significance of having great documentation of the wedding. The bride is running around and can't fully enjoy it all. Being able to relax later and reminisce, and discover all that you never knew, is so incredible. You wouldn't want to risk losing that moment by hiring someone with less talent, taste, experience or innate ability.

Services Used: Photography

We couldn't have asked for more.

Services Used: Photography

Great to deal with. Did everything within timelines. NO PROBLEMS AT ALL!