Katie O' Weddings & Events, LLC

Flexibility
Lisa
12/13/2014
4.7

When we first got engaged in NYC, a family friend strongly suggested that we hire someone to help us plan our Saratoga wedding. As soon as we sat down with Katie O’, her energy and enthusiasm were apparent. Katie's excitement about us, our story, our plans and ideas gave me permission to be un-self-consciously excited to be a bride. We really felt like she 'got' us, and her suggestions of vendors were always on point.
We started working with Katie 16 months before our wedding. There was an initial flurry of activity, followed by many laid-back monthly calls, and finally, a big stressful, frenetic push at the end. My anxiety definitely got the best of me at times - and because I had lost my mom the year before, I often felt like I was performing on a highwire of emotion without a net. Jason and I took on a lot of creative control over the details, but as the pace of planning ramped up in the last three months, I needed more help, or at least reassurance. Katie's increased involvement at the end was invaluable. At one point, she (and her lovely, patient husband) even drove out to my dad's house to show us linen samples and help us decide on some final details. Even though planning got tense at times, Katie stepped up when I needed her and got things done.
Katie really sparkled during the weekend of the wedding. She and her team were our right hand (wo)men at the last meeting at the Casino, made our welcome bags and delivered them to the hotels, coordinated our rehearsal on Friday night, brought lunch on the morning of the wedding, helped us get from the mansion to the Casino and made sure we looked perfect as Katie herself sent us down the aisle to start the show. My background is in theater and the best compliment I can pay Katie is that she was an incredible stage manager: everything happened on time, exactly as we had planned it, and if anything went wrong, I don't even know about it. I cannot imagine things running as smoothly without her.

Recently Married

Katie and her team were exceptional. My daughter's wedding day was fun and relaxing due to them being "in charge" and taking care of every little detail! Katie and her team took care of business while being personable, organized and efficient. We'll worth the expense, you will not be disappointed.

Services Used: Wedding Planning

I am so happy that I was able to have someone from Katie O' Weddings and Events, LLC at my October wedding . Katie is personable, knowledgeable, professional and so very helpful during the planning process. She truly made me feel at ease that everything would go smoothly. I was fortunate enough to have Jillian and Casey at my wedding, all day. Jillian and Casey helped me beyond belief. I never had to worry about a thing that day and I know that it went so smoothly because of them. They planned for everything! I honestly felt as though they cared about me, my husband, my wedding party and our guests. Some of the things I appreciated the most: setting up the venue, getting me into my dress, blowing bubbles with my flower girl, letting a baby crawl around them, constantly bustling me, making sure I was having fun, changing my shoes, making sure I ate, and having fun themselves! My mom mentioned to me the day after our wedding that she realized she had not worried about anything either. We had a shuttle that must have been easily accessible to our guests because of Jillian and Casey. My mom realized the next day that all our guests got back from the venue safely and she appreciated that. Throughout the entire day and night I felt as though they cared and were genuinely happy for us. By the end of the night they both felt like friends and I LOVE that.

Services Used: Wedding Planning

We used Katio O' for "day of" wedding services and it was the best money we could have spent for our special day. Her team was so prepared, professional and timely. They took all the worry off the bride and groom. I don't ever remember looking at a clock and worrying about the time. My bussel broke at the reception and her team was fixing it before I knew it happened. I would recmend their services to anyone who wants to have a stress-free wedding day!!

Services Used: Wedding Planning

I'm not sure how we could have planned our wedding without the help of Katie and her team. Living in Denver and planning a wedding in Saratoga, NY was a bit of a challenge. Luckily we immediately started working with Katie who helped us identify the perfect vendors for our reception and also give us advice on the crazy little things we were trying to fit in. We felt like we were working with a lifelong friend throughout the whole process. Her experience and her creativity allowed us to incorporate both a traditional and 80s wedding theme into one. It was EPIC!!!

On the day of the wedding we were in good hands with Megan and Annie on her team, who made sure that all we had to worry about was getting married and having fun. All of the random drama that happens at a wedding was kept out of sight and Katie's team handled it all without any question.

Hiring Katie and her team was the best decision we made to ensure our wedding was one to remember and completely stress free. Her team went over and beyond our expectations. We HIGHLY recommend Katie O' to anyone looking to ensure their wedding is the best!!!

Recently Married

The other brides were not kidding when they said Katie O was the greatest investment they made during the wedding process. As a super "Type A" individual I thought I had wedding planning down. I had no trouble picking vendors, budgeting, etc.- it wasn't until I was set to figure out the logistics of organizing a bridal party of 20 that I realized I need a professional. I knew Katie was the answer to my prayers (as well as my mom's and fiancés') from the day I met her. She is warm, kind, and on top of her game! Chelsea was the day of coordinator for our August wedding and was absolutely awesome to work with. She was quick to respond to any and all of my emails no matter how detailed the question. For the last month and especially the last week I didn't have to worry about anything. I was able to enjoy the week leading up to my wedding in the company of my bridesmaids, as I knew all the vendor details were taken care of. At the rehearsal Chelsea, Katie, and Nate kept us on schedule and assisted in ironing out the last minute kinks. On the day of the wedding Chelsea and Katie were there making sure every detail had been addressed. I was able to enjoy every second of my wedding day, knowing all the details were taken care of and the pros were making sure we were on time (and early!). Hiring Katie O and her amazing team was the best decision I made. No matter the size of your wedding being able to relinquish control and enjoy the wedding is the greatest gift a bride can give herself!

Services Used: Wedding Planning

Every bride needs Katie and her team the day of their wedding! Katie and team stay the entire time during your wedding and bring energy and professionalism that helps you truly enjoy your day and realize you're in good hands.

Services Used: Wedding Planning

I didn't think that I would need a wedding planner, but as soon as I booked KOWE, I was far more grateful that I did, than I ever thought! My husband and I moved to Florida in the middle of planning an Albany NY wedding! Katie O made me feel like I was home the entire time! We Skyped for our initial meeting and she emailed me constantly to keep me up to date with everything. When I was in town for my shower she made sure to meet with me in person. Since Katie herself was already booked on my day I was assigned her Sr. Executive Chelsea. The team of these two pre-wedding and during couldn't have been more perfect. Chelsea was with me in the bridal suite until the last guest left our venue. Assistant Kailee was on-site all day. My family and friends actually got to enjoy the getting ready process and wedding instead of having to worry about details. KOWE was fantastic at that...so much so that we were AHEAD of schedule at some points! No request was too big or too difficult. They allowed me to just drift through the day as a bride! They truly made us "sparkle" all day long. I highly recommend KOWE and her team!

06/07/2014

Katie and her team are amazing!! We could not of been happier with the outstanding service they provided. Thank you so much for everything. You truly helped our day become perfection.

Highly recommend KOWE!

Services Used: Wedding Planning

I had the pleasure of working with Katie and her fabulous team specifically Jillian and Norah on the day of my wedding. This was well worth the investment to have peace of mind on the actual day and throughout the last few weeks before. The morning of the wedding one of my vendors called to inform me that the venue was locked and asked me what to do. Without Jillian there my response would have involved panic and tears (it's an emotional day) but instead I was able to calmly hand my phone off to Jillian who took care of everything and I went on sipping my delicious Starbucks coffee (that she brought to the hotel). That's just one example of how amazing it was to have someone there to take care of all the last minute details and disasters. Everyone was extremely professional and friendly. I felt like they really cared about me and my day. I think the best part of the service was the itinerary that was drafted and provided for all involved so that our day flowed perfectly and no one ever felt stressed or rushed. The day really does fly by so fast and I'm so thankful that I didn't have to waste a single moment worrying or problem solving.

Services Used: Wedding Planning

Hiring Katie O to do our day of coordination was the single best choice I made in the entire wedding process (other than saying yes when my sweetheart proposed).

From the first moment of our wedding day when Katie arrived with coffee, through getting ready, managing the photos, keeping everything running smoothly through the reception to the end of the night, Katie and Nate were perfect in every way and kept the details out of my head so my husband and I (and our families) could just enjoy the night.
Someone had rented golf carts and left them right out front where we were supposed to walk in, and Nate literally moved them by hand so that our photos wouldn't be disrupted. Katie was there every time I needed something before I even realized that I needed it - lipstick touch-up? there was Katie. My bustle broke? Katie had a safety pin. One of our tables was set for 10 but supposed to seat 12? Katie fixed it before anyone even sat down.
What a perfect night it was! It was literally the best day of my life - and Katie O was a huge part of making it so.

Services Used: Wedding Planning

Katie and her team were such a HUGE help planning our wedding,we loved every process and every step that much more cause we had her help. Katie makes you feel like you're the only couple shes working with (even though she has a ton of couples who use her). The day of our wedding went so smoothly thanks to Katie and her team and it was so nice knowing if something did go wrong I would'nt have had to deal with the stress of it!! The quality of work and professionalism with Katie and her team is above and beyond,shes worth every penny and she makes me want to get married again just so I can work with them again :)

Lisa
10/19/2013

Katie and her team were always readily available and easy to contact via email or phone. Most emails had responses that day, sometimes within the hour. She always had multiple suggestions for vendors and did so much behind the scenes to work with them on our behalf. Our entire wedding day we never once looked around and asked, "what are we doing next?" The entire day moved effortlessly for us, but make no mistake that was 100% due to Katie and her team working extremely hard to give us that.

1+ year ago

Katie O and team were very professional, helpful and great at providing piece of mind in the days leading up to the wedding. Not having to worry about the timeline and where everyone would need to be throughout the night really let us kick back and enjoy everything we had planned.

Allison
10/05/2013

Katie and Jillian were amazing to work with. They were on top of everything and fixed any issues before I even knew about them. There is no question, we had the best wedding planner out there and I would recommend Katie O' and her team to everyone! I was able to relax the entire wedding night because I knew Jillian was handling everything exactly how I would.Thank you for an awesome worry free night of fun!

Marissa
09/28/2013

I could never have gotten through the wedding process without Katie! Everyone I had spoken with up until the day of my wedding told me to "expect mishaps" and "something will go wrong", but not with KOWE!! My day was perfection! Thank- you Katie!!