Karson Butler Events

Karson Butler Events

(formerly Amber Karson Events)

Washington, DC 20003 | map
Weddings: Civil, Destination, Double Weddings, Eco-Friendly / ...
Services: Day-of Coordinator, Full Planning, Partial Planning

Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
(4.9 / 5.0)
Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Karson Butler Events made our wedding a truly unforgettable day, and working with them was a pleasure to boot!

While they were planning our wedding in Washington, DC, I was living abroad and my husband was attending graduate school in Boston, so we needed people who were creative, flexible, and had extensive experience planning weddings in long-distance situations.

Emily and Amber exceeded our expectations at every turn - they agreed to periodically provide us updates via Skype conversations at times that worked for our hectic schedules, and they were incredibly pleasant and upbeat the whole time, effectively ameliorating all of our wedding planning concerns.

In addition, we were on a tight budget for a wedding in Washington, DC, and they secured us deal after deal with a variety of vendors to fit our budget, which was key to our whole wedding plan.

To sum it up, Emily and Amber's "can do" attitude saved us money, time, and peace of mind, and ensured that we had a wonderful wedding. We highly recommend them to anyone looking for an amazing, hassle-free wedding that won't break the bank but will be the most beautiful occasion imaginable!

• Wedding: 10/12/2013
Kate
4.6/5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

Very helpful in coordinating, scheduling, recommending and wrangling vendors. I can't imagine us pulling of our camping weekend wedding without them! These ladies are very busy, so expect to get frequent auto-replies from them as they're working on or traveling for other weddings. But when they're yours, they're 100% yours!

• Wedding: 10/05/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Amber and Emily are miracle workers! I was engaged for three months and they still managed to pull off the wedding of my dreams. They are responsive and incredibly easy to work with. They made the process fun, relaxed and listen to what is important to you. They knew exactly the vendors to work with and I couldn't be more happy with them. The smartest thing I did was use Karson Butler Events. My only regret with them is that I should have used them more!

• Wedding: 09/28/2013
Sarah
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Amber and Emily are so easy to work with and have amazing ideas that made our vision go beyond what I ever thought it could be. Even living on opposite ends of the country, it was so easy to comminucate and "meet" via Skype or phone and they even made the effort to travel to my venue in months prior to the wedding to check it out. They were just so fun to work with and bounce ideas off of and really understood the wants and needs for our big day.

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Emily and Amber at Karson Butler Events were an invaluable help in planning our wedding. Not only did they help keep us on track and make sure everything was organized, but their relationships with vendors made sure we got the best available prices and service. They were particularly helpful in the last few days leading up to the event, as that's both when everything is coming together and when you (as the couple) have the least amount of time to handle it all.

We would recommend them to anyone without hesitation.

The only slight issue we had was responsiveness via email. This is understandable, as their busy and often out of town for events, but we found setting up in-person or Skype meetings a lot more productive than trying to sort things out over email.

• Wedding: 07/27/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Very helpful and took care of so many details that would've been stressful the day of the wedding. We did most of the planning and they helped execute day of the wedding and were very helpful carrying everything out and offering helpful suggestions. So friendly and great to work with!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We think about our day and both agree it was our single favorite day ever. From start to finish, there isn't a thing we would change. Amber and Emily were simply wonderful to work with. They are experts at listening and collaborating so every detail of our wedding reflected who we are as a couple. We are sincerely grateful they were a part of this special and joyful day.

• Wedding: 06/22/2013
Elizabeth
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We absolutely loved our wedding and we loved Emily and Amber. They thought of so many wonderful little details and were just a joy to work with. We couldn't have been happier with the entire experience.

• Wedding: 06/22/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I cannot express how lovely it was to work with Amber and Emily...again. They also helped to prepare my sister's wedding last September. We hired them again for month-of consultation for my wedding, despite having someone to work with at the Park Hyatt in DC. Having the girls there was an irreplaceable benefit. Not only did they help me to visualize a beautiful escort table, they also had so many wonderful contacts whom we used as well (Meant to Be Calligraphy, Laura Hooper map designs, etc). All of these elements really came together to make a perfect day. For our family, since we are always running behind, it was awesome that they did things such as deliver all of our welcome bags (after assembling them), stepped up immediately to call people (such as our photog when he was slow in responding), and were there to help lead people during the rehearsal. Having them there on the actual day was priceless. Not only do they have such calm, collected demeanors, they really help create that atmosphere on the day and keep you from freaking out! Having them as a team works so well: Amber will be off gathering guests onto the shuttles while Emily was up helping me and my family, or vice versa. They helped with so many little things on my day that you don't even think about: who is going to bustle the dress, etc? I threw my bouquet during some photos, and almost died laughing when Emily pulled out some floral wire from her purse to help fix it! If that is not an indication of their preparation, I'm not sure what else could be. They helped throughout my ceremony as well, grabbing my other shoes from my room, helping to pin something in my dress, taking down the escort table and setting up the thank you gift table....an innumerable amount of things, half of which I'm sure I don't even know about! Now I just wish I could get married again so I can work with them again... maybe a nice party at least :)

• Wedding: 06/01/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I were so grateful for all of the work Amber and Emily put into our wedding in May. The Karson Butler team is super organized, responsive and always has a solution to any problem you have relating to your wedding! The end result was amazing and the team of vendors recommended by Amber and Emily were excellent. We had a family emergency the week of our wedding and truly wouldn't have made it through that week without their support.

Aaron and I both had amazing time during our wedding and didn't worry about a thing thanks to Karson Butler Events. The sister duo also has a wonderful design aesthetic and regularly went above and beyond the call of duty! KBE can take your ideas and turn them into a reality for your big day. I'd highly recommend Amber and Emily to any brides or grooms to be!

• Wedding: 05/11/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Karson Butler Events is absolutely stellar! I could not have organized my wedding without them. They have vision, style and an excellent skill for details and creativity. I am a very busy person, and we were overwhelmed at first with the thought of organizing our wedding. When we chose Karson Butler Events, Amber and Emily were immediately with me every step of the way, helping me make the right decisions for my budget. And, it paid off. My wedding day was flawless. My now husband and I fully agree that the best investment we made during the wedding planning process was our planners - Emily & Amber at Karson Butler Events! We adore them and have recommended them to many of our friends!

• Wedding: 04/06/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Amber and Emily are the absolute best wedding planners we could have possibly asked for! When we started planning our wedding we originally did not intend to hire a wedding planner but we are SO very glad we did! Amber and Emily made everything we envisioned for our wedding come to life. They listened to our plan and ensured all of our other vendors adhered to it so everything went smoothly and our entire wedding weekend was as perfect as could be. On the wedding day we were both totally relaxed and truly enjoyed every moment because we knew we didn't have to worry about a thing with them there. We could not be more grateful to them for all of their help throughout the planning process all the way through the wedding weekend. They are also wonderful to spend time with and help make wedding planning fun :) Could not recommend them more highly!

• Wedding: 12/01/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Karson Butler Events is hands down the best decision I made when planning my wedding. Amber and Emily are the hardest working gals in the event business. They really went far beyond anything I could have ever imagined. My wedding day turned out to be a freak cold stormy day and my venue was a beautiful outdoor garden. Amber and Emily took all my decoration for the garden and made it work for the indoor plan b venue. No one even noticed that the wedding wasn't suppose to happen indoors, it was just perfect. When I needed to make those hard choices they were there to help guide me through what needed to be done and then made it all happen. On my wedding day I just had to worry about looking beautiful and getting married. I had no worries at all of the how the day would play out. All of my other vendors LOVED working with Amber and Emily. Every time I told another vendor that I had Karson Butler Events working my wedding the rush of relief and instant praise was expressed on how professional these ladies truly are. I can't express enough how hard working they are. Amber and Emily really deserve 10 stars of of 5. Amber and Emily have great ideas, great style, know the best of the best in the business, and they are worth every penny plus some in quality/value.

• Wedding: 10/07/2012
Jodi
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Amber Karson and Emily Butler, the duo behind Karson Butler Events are just amazing people to work with. I wanted a wedding planner that I felt comfortable with and that had great style. We did not have a big budget but they were willing to work with us to give us the wedding we dreamed of. They were very creative in coming up with solutions, including DIY wedding decorative pieces, to fit our budget. They were honest with us in terms of what we could and could not afford and tried to find another alternative if it was beyond our budget. On the day of, they coordinated the wedding flawlessly. It was such a beautiful ceremony and night for us!

• Wedding: 10/05/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Amber and Emily are unbelievably amazing, both as wedding planners and as people. Christopher and I had a long engagement, and A & E were there every step of the way, with inspiring ideas, encouragement through the crazy moments, and totally fun wedding related activities. I know they work with multiple brides at a time, but they have a way of making you feel as though you are the center of the universe.
For each vendor category, A & E provided wonderful recommendations. They have so many connections in the business, which is very helpful. And they also have an insane talent for connecting their brides with vendors who share the same style and aesthetic. A & E listened to what we liked, what we loved, and what we absolutely did not want. The result was a wedding that exceeded our wildest dreams. Yes it was lovely, but more than that, it was true to us.
A & E are total professionals, and now (lucky for us), dear friends.

• Wedding: 09/15/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We live in Southern California and were planning our Washington DC wedding from across the country. We had decided to organize everything as a couple and spare the cost of a planner, which we eventually learned was a huge mistake, haha! As the date was quickly approaching, we were both totally overwhelmed with all of the vendors left to hire and details to coordinate. Luckily, we found Amber Karson and Emily Butler through a referral from our florist, who insisted they were the perfect duo to make our vision of an elegant event into a reality. They were an absolute delight to work with, and were instrumental in making every last detail perfect for our wedding day. Not only were they cheerful, outgoing, and creative, but they went way above and beyond getting to know us as a couple so the reception would be a perfect reflection of our passions and personalities. They expertly coordinated every part of the day and gently kept all of the timing running smoothly, so the entire wedding party was stress free and on schedule with everything we needed! All of our guests commented that it was the most amazing wedding they had ever been to, and even our Verger dubbed them the "best planners in the business". There is no way we could have had such an enjoyable time without their hard work, and thanks to Karson Butler Events, we will always remember our wedding as the perfect beginning to our life together as husband and wife.

• Wedding: 09/08/2012
Laura
202-525-3881
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards