Just Desserts

Just Desserts

The Pinnacle of Good Taste.

Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948 | map
Desserts: Groom's Cake, Pastries
Additional services: Consultations, On-site Delivery, On-site Setup, Pick...
Health license: Yes
Value:
(4.8 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My wife and I were married in the Outer Banks in October of 1999. Planning a wedding down there was not as convenient as it is now, but we are glad we chose Just Desserts.

Melinda made the best cake we’ve ever had in our lives, the guests at the wedding still talk about the cake. It was supposed to serve 90-100, we had 30 guests and had to hide the top tier or it would have disappeared.

We had the eclair cake on one layer with raspberry on another and we're ordering a small cake from her this year when we go back down in December to celebrate the 16th anniversary of the planning.

• Wedding: 12/31/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Melinda made us a great wedding cake. It was the hit of our wedding, plus we get to say our cake was make by someone famous!

1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

With all the worries and details that may be forgotten, if you choose Melinda at Just Desserts there is no need to worry about the cake. She is amazing at creating a masterpiece to steal the show. It is unbelievable how no two cakes are the same and how she can with a few questions know exactly how to include the cake into the reception. She along with her husband, personally set the cake up and even prepares a sealed box with your 1st year anniversary cake. So many people said this cake was too beautiful to cut, but once cut, its taste exceeded it beauty. Our guest were raving this was the best cake they have ever eaten. Overall rating of 5 does not do Just Desserts of OBX justice. Melinda's cakes are off the chart and I rate them a perfect 10

• Wedding: 10/18/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Melinda is a true artist her cakes are a work of art and they taste better than they look!!! Everybody is still raving about the cake!

• Wedding: 10/17/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

OH MYYYY GOOODNESS!!! If you want the BEST...and I mean BEST cake in the world on your wedding day....every Bride and Groom should be running to Melinda at Just Desserts. She made the most amazing cake for our big day! We expressed we loved Tiramisu and ....she made that flavor happen in part of our cake! Any flavor you want or desire....I am confident Melinda will make it happen...and it will taste even better! Our guests are STILLL RAVING....STILL RAVING....about the cake. It was so moist and just....beyond delicious. Thank you for making, HANDS DOWN, the most phenomenal tasting cake we've ever ate in our life! THANK YOU!

• Wedding: 10/04/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

FANTASTIC! Malinda was very easy to work with and the cake was beautiful and absolutely delicious. It was so heavy and the crème layers between the cakes was scrumptious! My daughter showed her a picture of the cake she wanted and Malinda copied it perfectly, down to every detail!

• Flexibility: 5.0

I have known Larry and Melinda with jJust Desserts for a few years and they are very kind, very professional, unbelievably hard working people! It was fun for me to see their brochures were the only ones at select vendors locations, because they make the most delicious and beautiful cakes on this beach! Melinda even handmade my flowers!!! Truly I have her a picture and then saw it come to life! And not a single one from that wedding and those who were lucky enough to get leftovers, didn't say "that's the best wedding cake I've ever had!"

• Wedding: 09/06/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Melinda is a magician! We couldn't even speak when we tasted the eclair... the decision was easily made for the large layer. We chose the traditional white with raspberry filling for the 2nd layer and it was just as amazing. We were pleasantly surprised with the anniversary cake bonus all wrapped up for us. Melinda and our florist worked well together to match the flowers on the cake and it was gorgeous. It was a cake our family will talk about for quite a while!

• Wedding: 09/05/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Melinda Gregory's cakes are, bar none, the best cakes in the OBX. We had the pleasure of sampling many cakes at the OBX Wedding Association's 2014 Expo, but truly none compared to Ms. Gregory's! Not only was our cake beautiful, and fitting for our beach wedding, but it was also amazingly delicious. Our cake was made of eclair and key lime flavors, and our guests loved it.

• Wedding: 07/26/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Everything you could ask for and more. We tried a bunch of cakes but many locals told us about the infamous "eclair cake" at Just Desserts---we did this with a custom design that had to be airbrushed (all they had was a inspiration photo) and it came out perfectly!!! Everyone was so accommodating and helpful and the cake was out of this world..and I am not a big cake person. Thank you so much!!!

• Wedding: 07/26/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our cake came out absolutely perfect and was soooo yummy too! Everyone loved the cake. Melinda was so easy to work with, and the details in the cake just came to life when I finally got to see it!

• Wedding: 07/23/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Melinda has magic baking skills! I'm so tempted to disguise myself just to have another consultation/tasting with her! I'm tempted to hire her to make me a birthday cake, and it's not my birthday!!

• Flexibility: 5.0

If you want the best, then there is ONLY Melinda. From the ease of looking for a cake to fit us, then to be able to choose a flavor(s). There was no stress, it was made so easy, she is the consumate professional. There is such an ease with her that all your worries are put aside, you know that what you pick out is going to be delivered, and set up beautifully, and on time. That is the business person of Melinda, now there is the creative person. Whatever you want, she can deliver. Her cakes are all made from scratch, so moist and filled with the most delightful fillings. I have attended 3 weddings where she made the cakes, so when it came time for my own wedding, there was no one else I would choose. Her talents go beyond just a baker, she is a true craftman of the art. I would not go anywhere else for your cake. She is truely AMAZING and your cake will be AMAZING also.

• Wedding: 05/24/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My cake was absolutely amazing! Everyone LOVED the look and the Flavors were AMAZING!!! I did the Key Lime and the Chocolate Chocolate Mousse!! I could not have asked for a better cake!!!

• Wedding: 05/10/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The cake was beautiful. Tasted as good as it looked. Exactly what the bride wanted. Delivered promptly and set up beautifully. Completely happy with the cake. Would definitely recommend them to anyone!!

• Wedding: 05/10/2014
Emmett
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Absolutely perfect! Guests couldn't stop raving!

• Wedding: 05/03/2014
Jen
252-441-2931
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards