JS Photography

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
[Private]

beautiful pictures wonderful people to have photograph my wedding

[Private]

AMAZING! Jason took some amazing shots for our engagement pictures and is awesome to work with. Cannot wait to see how our wedding photos turn out!

Services Used: Photography

For Jason, we have nothing but praise. He was not only the most professional, competent, efficient, responsive, flexible, unobtrusive and calm photographer but also came to coordinate the event, stepping in where other contributors failed. It was the best value for money not just in Michigan but, dare I as a New York bride say, anywhere in the country. We do not know how to thank Jason enough. Wish we could give him ten stars out of five!

Services Used: Photography

Jason was amazing! He came about 10:30 am to take pictures of me getting dressed and stayed until after midnight! He was creative in his photos and kept everything moving. Photos were up on his website within 48 hours and we had our proof album within one week. I would highly recommend Jason to everyone!

Services Used: Photography

Jason of JS Photography was absolutely amazing! I would recommend him to any bride/groom looking to capture their wedding day perfectly. Jason took our engagement photo's as well. He's professional and more importantly he knows what he's doing and can handle any situation! I found so much comfort in his expertise when things were going crazy on my big day. He had no fears and knew exactly what to do! Jason is seriously the best.

Services Used: Photography

Jason was amazing! We are so pleased with our decision to have him photograph our fall wedding.

Not only was Jason efficient, professional, and candid, he was so extremely helpful on what turned into a semi-hectic morning of the wedding. He took matters into his own hands, getting photos of my dress and jewelry ahead of time, and helped coordinate the bridesmaids and family members for photos in a efficient manner.

Not only was he a photographer, but he knows weddings like the back of his hand. He helped pin boutonnieres on the groomsmen. He helped my husband and I through the wedding party entrance at the reception to the cake cutting, helping us even with tips to cut the cake. I am so glad he was there for our day, I don't think I would have felt more comfortable with another photographer. He made such a fast-moving day seem stress-free, and I loved that.

He had great suggestions of places for photos between the ceremony and the reception, and knew all the little spots at each place that would make for memorable pictures. He was quick, fast-paced with our bridal party photos, which I think the guys appreciated, and so did the girls. He was funny too, which helped the awkwardness of posing in the middle of a packed Rochester park.

He has been very responsive and professional after the wedding as well, and made sure our proofs arrived the day we came back from our honeymoon. He has always responded to emails quickly and answered all of our questions.

If I could recommend only one of our vendors to friends/family/strangers for their wedding, it would be Jason. You will not be disappointed!

Services Used: Photography

Do yourself a favor and book JS Photography. They are helpful, professional and incredible at what they do. Brandy shot our wedding and she is wonderful to work with. She always encouraged me to reach out to her with any wedding questions I had and walked me through my day of timeline on a couple separate occasions. She's energetic, confident and is great at directing a group. If somebody is missing for a picture, she has a plan B, C, and D and will come back to that photo later. If you're behind she makes arrangements and moves on without stressing anyone out. All of that AND our pictures are amazing. Jason has also done many of my family members weddings and has the same cool, calm demeanor making him a pleasure to work with too.

Services Used: Photography

I think that our decision to use JS photography and have Jason photograph our wedding is and will be one of the best decisions that we made. Jason is extremely professional. Though he is constantly on the go with his job, he makes himself very available to meet with you and/or answer any questions that you have. He is so quick with his camera that he does NOT miss one moment of your day. The pictures are just absolutely beautiful and Jason has a great style of photography. Most of all, Jason felt like part of our wedding party! He helped get the guys situated in their suites and had to help my girls figure out the corset on my dress. He keeps you running on time and helps to make sure you are on schedule with the day. It was like we had a bonus wedding planner with Jason around. Our best man is from Florida and said he wants Jason as his photographer at his wedding and will pay whatever it costs for him to get down there to do it. Jason has a great positive energy that is contagious. I would not recommend anyone else other than JS photography to other couples!

Services Used: Photography

Jason was an amazing photographer to work with. He was incredibly flexible when we were choosing the photo package we wanted and helped us customize it when there were some options we didn't want to include. He was easy to get in touch with leading up to the wedding and answered any questions we had.

On the wedding day he was on time and so much fun to work with. He was very upbeat and light-hearted which helped us all stay calm and have fun! His ideas for how to use my mom's house for pictures were amazing. He was so creative and the pictures look incredible. He captured some beautiful moments that we weren't even aware of, which was such a great surprise when we looked through our pictures.

We received the CD containing all of our pictures one week after the wedding and we were able to view them online after only 5 days! I am extremely glad we went with Jason as our photographer, I would definitely recommend him. His work is fantastic, and I cannot wait to see what our album looks like after it's done. It's going to be difficult to narrow down which pictures to use!

Services Used: Photography

My husband and I had a multicultural wedding event. I'm Indian-Hindu and he is Ukrainian-Catholic, so we had a 2 day event to accommodate both of our cultures. Friday June 27th was our Indian ceremony and our photographer Toni had never shot an Indian wedding before. She was great beforehand, and met with my parents to go over what kind of experience it would be for her. Sure enough, she took AMAZING photos! You could never tell that she had never shot an Indian wedding before. She captured every moment perfectly! She was just as great on Saturday the 28th for our Catholic ceremony, not to mention what a trooper she was having 2 long days with us (and she was pregnant!) There was an assistant on Saturday who was awesome as well. We were so pleased with our results. Beautiful photos, and the fact that we had over a thousand photos with both days combined and had the rights to them ALL made us even happier! We got beautiful photography, made a new friend, and all for an amazing price! Toni will be shooting our photos for years to come!

Services Used: Photography

I can't rave about Jason enough! After having a wedding nightmare ( Our photographer we picked out a year before our wedding took our deposit and went missing after our engagement photos.) 6 months before our wedding I had to go on a photographer hunt again. I am so glad this nightmare happened because I found Jason and JS photography. He goes above and beyond as a photographer. Arrived early and stayed well into the night capturing a lot of great moments on the dance floor. He gives great direction to capture the day. I have been in many wedding parties and most photographers just stand around snapping pictures with no direction. Jason had great ideas for photos and knew how to tell everyone his ideas to get that perfect pintrest worthy photo! My family and friends raved to me about what a good photographer we had. Now the proof of an amazing photographer is in the pictures and my pictures are beyond amazing!! He captured every moment from classic posed shots, to candid moments, to beautiful bridal magazine worthy shots. Not to mention our wedding was on a friday. Our pictures were up online by that following wednesday and a photo album with all the photos and cd with all the photos delivered to us by the next friday. ONE WEEK AFTER!! What photographer has that kind of timing. I could not ask or wanted anything more in a wedding photographer!

Services Used: Photography

Jason did an outstanding job capturing our wedding day! He also did our engagement pictures in downtown Detroit and he was AMAZING! He is efficient, professional, and a great resource about anything wedding related! He also is incredibly quick. We had all of our proofs less than a week after the wedding! I would recommend him to any of my friends. He is definitely worth the money!!!

Services Used: Photography

JS Photography (Jason) was my photographer for my wedding in June 2014. He was amazing! Everything about him and his work was perfect. Communication was quick and easy so that was great for a busy bride like myself. I don't know the proper way to say this but Jason gets things done! He doesn't waste time and gets the shots he wants. He is aware of everything/one around and every available shot so that helps on the timing side. For my wedding, Jason captured moments that melt my heart to this day and that is what I love most. I love ALL my photos!

Recently Married

The best in town!!! Efficient and very professional!!

Services Used: Photography

Jason is absolutely amazing! From the day we met him we knew he was the right photographer for us. He is so honest and goes out of his way to make sure you have a great experience. Our engagement shoot was the first time we got to work with Jason and he was incredible. He was quick and got great shots. He knew exactly where we needed to stand and where we needed to go to get the best lighting. When we got our engagement pictures back we were amazed at how beautiful they turned out. On the days coming up to the wedding every time I talked to Jason he would always give have great advice for me and he knew how to calm my nerves. The day of the wedding he was amazing! Everyone was telling us after how great they thought he was. He got great shots but he never got in the way. I’ve been to so many weddings where the photographer blocks your view. Jason never did that. He was always behind the scenes but still getting great shots! Our pictures were amazing! Everyone that has seen them so far has complemented us on how beautiful they turned out. I couldn’t be more pleased with everything. Booking Jason as our photographer was one of the best decisions we could’ve ever made.

05/17/2014

It's the day after your wedding….and your head is still spinning! Whether you're hopping on a plane for a Honeymoon or just trying to figure out how the day went by SO FAST - ultimately, you're thinking about how your decisions before the wedding played out on the big day. Some of those decisions were good ones and others….not so much. :-)

When it came to wedding photos, we wanted to have someone we were not only comfortable with, but someone who was passionate about their work. After going online and requesting pricing from multiple other vendors, we were told about Jason Samkowiak through a good friend. Jason shot their wedding 6 months earlier and they were gushing - not only about the quality of the images, but also about the level of customer service and professionalism. This peaked our interest, we had a strong lead and we knew we had to set up a meeting to meet him.

At the initial meeting, we clicked with Jason on a personal level and were excited to see his portfolio. We dived into some of his work and we were very impressed. After finalizing our meeting, we drove away from the meeting and basically said he was hired. We didn't want to explore any other options and felt Jason was "our guy." He had the passion, desire, expertise and communication level we were looking for. We hired Jason soon after and locked him in for our date.

All of the photos turned out amazing for the ceremony and reception. They were artistic and gorgeous!! We would STRONGLY recommend Jason for your wedding! Going back to the first paragraph….and thinking about what we would do differently. When it comes to photography…nothing! We knew from our initial meeting we hired the correct person and our images prove that! We're so glad we chose someone who is passionate, professional, willing to go the extra step and AVAILABLE! Kudos Jason and thanks for beautifully capturing our special day!!