Jock in the Box Entertainment

Jock in the Box Entertainment

Dj's with Personality and Professionalism

Durham, CT 06422 | map
Genres: 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, Acoustic, Big Band, Classic...
Liability Insurance: Yes

Value:
Flexibility:
(5.0 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Matt was our Dj for our wedding and we found him to be approachable, professional and very flexible and understanding with all of questions, needs and desires. Our phone/Skype meeting was very easy and could really not have asked for much more. He helped make our day wonderful.

• Wedding: 11/02/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Todd from Jock in the Box was simply amazing!!! He made us feel as though we were the only wedding he had on the books with the passion he had with every meeting we had. Was very understanding, collaborative, easy to work with and reasonably priced. His personalized remix of a favorite song of ours spliced with quotes from the maid of honor and best man were an amazing touch. If you are looking for someone to make your wedding special, look no further than Todd and Jock in the Box!

• Wedding: 11/02/2014
Services Used: DJ, Lighting & Decor
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Todd, I don’t even know where to begin. I knew from the second we had our first meeting that I HAD to have you as our DJ. I cant thank you enough for being a part of our special day. Our guest loved you, and you had the dance floor packed all night. Most importantly I want to thank you for our live edit, I have watched it again and again and it was worth every penny. I cannot recommend you enough to other brides, and I hope we will attend more weddings in the future and see you behind the DJ booth. Thank you, Mr. and Mrs. Mark Ricardo

• Wedding: 10/24/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We can't believe it's been over a month already, but we just had to take a moment to write about the amazing job Todd did at our wedding! It was raining the morning of our wedding, and the ceremony was to take place outside at a b&b. Todd arrived and it was unclear if the weather would cooperate. I will always remember (and be thankful for) Todd taking it upon himself to figure out where the ceremony was going to happen. He started by asking my father and husband (fiancé at the time), and my husband wisely deferred to me. Haha Todd offered to be the one to go up to the bridal suite to talk to me, and he was totally cool with me saying I wanted it outside! Even though it was sprinkling. We loved our misty vows, walking down the aisle to Todd's music. And of course, Todd did an incredibly fantastic job at the reception. Sure, people loved the music, but they liked "the dj" even more! Todd did such a great person, and we're so lucky to have had him to share our special day with us!

• Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My wife and I were married recently - despite our wedding reception being during the day, Jock in the Box made our wedding an AWESOME party.

When we were choosing a DJ, the process felt out of our hands. We were unsure how to choose, and had no certainty that a DJ that we picked would be any good. Enter Jock in the Box: Todd Powers met with us personally for an information session first. There was no pressure, he was incredibly personable, flexible, and made us feel very comfortable on our first meeting. There are plans for every budget (see: daytime reception), and he assured us that he is flexible to any request. We decided to hire him for our wedding, and we couldn't have been happier with the decision.

Over a week later - I still have guests commenting to me on how fantastic the DJ was. At a relatively modest wedding of 100 people, I am sure that EVERYONE was dancing, and dancing a lot. We trusted Jock in the Box to play a variety of music and 'read the crowd,' and Todd nailed it. There was popular music that was appropriate for all guests, and he played a good mix for both young and old. In addition, he sprinkled in our requests nicely, and stayed away from anything we did not want to listen to. Additionally, he had appropriate (and funny) rapport with us and with the guests. In short - the service was PERFECT.

Most importantly, the process was easy - it was clear that Jock in the Box was organized, professional, and flexible. I had confidence throughout the planning process. It was one less thing to worry about.

Jock in the Box truly lived up to a whimsical sign hanging in the office, "..and if the music is good, you dance..." I cannot recommend Jock in the Box highly enough - especially for a wedding. He made our special day the party of our lives, and I would hire Jock in the Box again without a second thought.

PS - Ask about the 'live edit' - it is my favorite keepsake of the wedding.

• Wedding: 09/20/2014
Zachary
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jock in the box is the best DJ. He MADE our wedding.

• Wedding: 08/02/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Todd at Jock in the Box Entertainment in Durham, CT was our disc jockey two weeks ago for our wedding. He is a preferred vendor by The CT Wedding Group and I am so happy that we chose him to be our DJ! I don’t know much about music except I like to sing along and have a good time! I was looking for a DJ who would read the crowd, who would use what he knows about us, and keep the partying going from start to finish. Todd did exactly that! The dance floor always had people on it! About 2 weeks before our wedding, we met with Todd to finalize the plan for the day. My husband and I were feeling a little stressed with all the wedding stuff, but when we walked out of our meeting we were pumped! Todd was so enthusiastic about our wedding that he put us at ease and got us so excited! It was then we knew we would have the most amazing wedding! And we did! Our friends and family have been telling us what a great time they had and always mention how fun the music and entertainment was--- especially our LIVE EDIT!

Working with our photographers from Russell’s Photography Studio in North Haven, during dinner Todd put together a slideshow of photographs and sound bites from the toasts to one of my favorite songs--Lady Antebellum’s Love I Found In You—and created a slideshow presentation that made us laugh, cry, and just really stop and savor the moment of our wedding day. We knew it was coming, but our guests didn’t, so they were so surprised and impressed! After our wedding, Todd gave me the Live Edit and the other picture slideshow he created and played during the reception on a thumb drive for us to take home and forever enjoy. I have watched the Live Edit over and over reliving our amazing wedding day! It is a treasure to have and I am so grateful we have it for us and to share with our family and friends.

By choosing Todd at Jock in the Box Entertainment, you’ll be certain to have a fun, energetic, people up and

• Wedding: 07/26/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had seen Todd at our friend's wedding, and knew that we wanted to have him dj our wedding. Once we talked with Todd, we knew that we made the right decision. He was enthusiastic, fun, professional, and we knew that we were in good hands. He plays great music and gets everyone on the floor. He worked within our price range and went way above and beyond to make our day special. We couldn't have asked for a better DJ!

• Wedding: 06/28/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Todd was outstanding! Better than we could have ever dreamed! Todd was professional on all accounts and a joy to work with. He got all of our guests up and dancing all night long! He knew exactly what songs to play and played something for everyone to make sure everyone enjoyed themselves and was out on that dance floor. He was personable, funny and truly a special part of our wedding day. Jock in the box entertainment was the best decision we made for our wedding hands down!!

• Wedding: 06/06/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Scott C. Was our DJ and we was amazing!!!! He was professional and fun. He was flexible since we had a backyard wedding but also included all the formalities we wanted!!! I would and have in the last two weeks recommended him and the DJ company to everyone I know!!! My friends and family were well entertained and loved him too!!!

• Wedding: 05/31/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Todd was incredible to work with! My husband and I had so much fun when it came time to sit down with him and go over our play list. Todd is so positive and upbeat and can really get the crowd going and out on the dance floor. Even our family and friends who do not normally care to dance were out there having such a wonderful time. He did a beautiful job with the uplighting that my husband insisted we have and I am so glad we did. The lighting definitely added an extra element that brought the music and the feel of our wedding day all together. If I could do it all over again I would still have Todd as our DJ. I hope we run into him at future weddings and events!

• Wedding: 05/16/2014
Jennifer
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Todd did an amazing job at our wedding. We are still getting so many compliments on how fun the music was! We also had Todd do uplighting and the live edit, two things that I highly recommend. Our reception looked like nothing I had even seen with the lighting - it definitely added to how our pictures came out. The live edit is something that we'll cherish forever, a great reminder of the speeches. The music was on point the entire time and the dance floor was always full!

• Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Todd was an amazing DJ he made our night so fun and with the love edit it made it so special! If you can you should without a doubt hire jockinthebox they are worth every penny!!

• Wedding: 11/22/2013
Carla
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jock in the Box is a very professional and accommodating company. I was provided with solicited advise that was spot on. Many of my guests commented on how much of a great job my dj did and I couldn't agree more. They provide a variety of services, use the best equipment and have the best understanding of crowd flow/taste. They got everyone on the dance floor and made my reception the party that I wanted. This would be the ONLY dj I would recommend as I only use the best!!!!

• Wedding: 11/16/2013
Lori
  • Flexibility: 5.0

One thing was the anniversary dance, we were thinking that everyone would be on the dance floor and then years are announced (like a year or less, then 5 years etc. so then when you get to 50 plus their are few people on the floor to so people can see) and people then leave the dance floor, the way you did it was kind of backwards and people couldn't even hear the song.

And we did get some feedback from our guests about the transitions from song to song very abruptly when doing a medley or putting 2 songs together that don't.

Maybe include the vows and speeches, on the DVD

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We loved Todd! He's the best DJ and I am so glad we picked him to be a part of our special day!

• Wedding: 10/26/2013
203-235-0000
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards