Jennifer Laura Design

Jennifer Laura Design

Where weddings meet design.

By appointment only

(5.0 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(4.8 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I absolutely loved working with Jennifer for our wedding! She's definitely a wedding/event planner that loves what she does and she has really great ideas. We gave her an idea of what our ideal wedding scene looked like, and she came back with a design that truly matched our vision. She was very professional and responsive. After one year of planning, we had our dream wedding, and I have to give major kudos to Jennifer for being amazing at her craft. She definitely worked with us and was patient while guiding us through everything that needed to be done to make our day perfect. I would highly recommend Jennifer Laura Design!

• Wedding: 11/08/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

As the Mother of the Bride, Jennifer made the whole experience easy and enjoyable. I really didn't worry about anything. I would definitely recommend Jennifer Laura Design.

• Wedding: 03/08/2014
Becky
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I fell in love with Jennifer the day I met her! She is an amazing wedding planner. She really pays attention to what you are looking for and then makes it happen. She is happy to do as much or as little as you want and need. I had an absolutely perfect wedding thanks to Jennifer and her husband Kris who helped out on the wedding day. Kris was really awesome too! He was all over the place taking care of a hundred different things on the wedding day. With the two of them taking care of everything I didn't have to worry about one thing! I definitely, definitely recommend Jennifer and Kris Harrup with Jennifer Laura Design!!!

• Wedding: 03/08/2014
Paige
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jennifer Laura is AMAZING! I came in with a vision for how I wanted our wedding day, and she took that and ran with it. It could not have been a more perfect day. Each element of our wedding was spot on with my vision, and then some. Also, she made the planning process fun and easy and was able to keep my mind at ease throughout. She is very cool, calm and collected at all times. She was very professional but at the same time she felt like a friend. She definitely has a talent and I highly recommend her!!!!!

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jennifer is simply the best. She is pleasant to work with, totally gets your vision and then pulls it off while remaining calm and cool under immense pressure to bring all the tiniest details to life. She really brought to life my daughter and her now husband's dream wedding. And then to add to this, I got married a month prior and at the last minute she pulled together a beautiful wedding cake, flowers, vases and candles AND delivered them the day of wedding setting up the room to be perfect! She is simply amazing!

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My wife and I were getting married in another state, working full time jobs and Jennifer was awesome in helping us prepare, get ready, and designing a beautiful wedding and making our wedding day the best day of our lives. Thank you so much.

• Wedding: 02/22/2014
Ryan
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jennifer is so amazing! Couldn't have done it without her

• Wedding: 02/22/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My wife and I made a last minute decision to hire Jennifer just weeks prior to the wedding. We have insane work schedules; my wife cares for your people in their homes, some with disabilities. I work for the fire department and have a 12 hour rotating schedule.

We'd gotten so far as to pay for a venue and lock down an officiant. My spouse and I couldn't seem to get time enough together to be productive.

Jennifer Laura Design was my last ditch effort to provide an amazing day for my then fiancé. In just a couple short weeks JLD had our wedding planned.

She made making payments, virtually painless, minus watching your money disappear. JLD was organized and short of everything she needed for our inspiration...kept the decision making to a minimum and very UN-stressful.

I recommend Jennifer and her husband to ANYONE!!!!! I cannot recommend them highly enough. Jennifer's husband kept me calm, cool & collected the entire evening. Jennifer kept the evening on schedule, they made sure we had food & accomplished everything we wanted to.

AMAZING job! Best decision I made in the entire wedding planning process!

• Wedding: 11/30/2013
Matt
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Everything was absolutely perfect! Jennifer made everything so wonderful, and on such short notice! Everyone complimented my husband and I on how smoothly the wedding went. She helped me make my dreams come true!

• Wedding: 11/30/2013
Services Used: Catering, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Favors & Gifts, Flowers, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Lillian
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Words cannot express how amazing Jennifer was throughout the entire wedding planning process. At first, I resisted the idea of a wedding planner (I'm not great at delegating), but when I met Jennifer I realized that she was exactly what we needed. She has such a clear vision and can put even our weird, half-cooked ideas ("could it be, like, sort of herbal-ish?") into a clear plan of action. Her design skills are amazing - I watched her turn a bare-bones lodge into the most gorgeous lakeside cabin you can imagine.

She's also a MACHINE. She and her husband Kris worked their BUTTS off making our wedding day amazing; they were unstoppable forces of heavy lifting and beautifying during the weekend of the wedding. I am in awe of their stamina and speed!

But I think the best part about finding Jennifer is that I feel like I've found a friend. And the really good kind of friend, too; the type of friend who will kindly tell you when you need to stop procrastinating and just make a decision already and the kind of friend who knows to make decisions for you when you're too overwhelmed with life-stress to think. She's kind, compassionate, easy-going and friendly (my entire family fell in love with her and I think they want to adopt her) but she also knows when to draw a line in the sand and protect her clients' vision and wishes. I'm waiting for the day that she starts offering Life Coach services, because I'm going to be her first client!

• Wedding: 11/16/2013
Erin
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I contracted Jennifer of JLD for 'day-of' wedding coordination for my wedding. She (and her hubby) did a fantastic job!
Leading up to the big day Jennifer was very responsive to, and professional in regard to, all my emails and questions I had. She made sure to meet with me a couple of times prior to the wedding to go through details and iron out any kinks in the plans and made me feel like everything was under control.
She also lead and coordinated our rehearsal which was priceless seeing as we had a lot of folks ‘in’ the wedding, and she was able to streamline and instruct everyone as I had wanted.
The day of the wedding, from my point of view, went without a hitch. Having said that, I’m sure there were things that happened behind the scenes that Jenn and Kris had to take care of on the fly and make executive decisions to keep the day moving to plan and most importantly- I didn’t know about any of the hiccups!

I would recommend Jenn to anyone needing someone with knowledge of the wedding industry, knowledge of Houston and someone who can help make your day stress free and easy breezy. Again, Jenn was so great and we couldn’t have done it without her!

• Wedding: 11/02/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jennifer was absolutely wonderful throughout our wedding planning process. She was so helpful and always available when we had questions or concerns. She made a point to be at almost every vendor meeting we had, which was so helpful. I would recommend her services to any and all of my family and friends.

• Wedding: 09/21/2013
Jordan
  • Flexibility: 5.0

As the Mother of the Bride for this event, I couldn't have been more pleased with how the whole planning process and most importantly the Wedding day went. When my daughter and I first met with Jennifer, we had a good idea of what we wanted, but were at a loss on how to pull it all together.
Jennifer and Kris were wonderful to work with. Jennifer's recommendations on florists and other vendors helped tremendously and she did a great job of bringing my daughter's dream wedding to life!
We have had so many rave reviews from friends and family for the event. With Jennifer's help we were able to throw a spectacular wedding and party and have a wonderful time ourselves, because EVERYTHING else was being handled.
Would highly recommend JLD for any bride ( and or Mother of the Bride ) looking for design help, ideas and expertise and making sure the important day goes as planned!

• Wedding: 09/21/2013
Deidre
2.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.0
  • Professionalism: 1.0
  • Flexibility: 1.0

I was not at all happy with her service. The day of the event she was no where to be found on several occasions. The MC had to make an announcement to get her attention. I asked her to ship my bouquet, and she told me she didn\'t feel comfortable with that task...what a headache.

• Wedding: 06/22/2013
Services Used: Flowers
Ashley
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I was very happy with Jennifer. I was worried through the process because I didn't know what to expect. The design ideas were great and I was hopeful that they would meet my expectations. In the end they were greatly exceeded.

• Wedding: 03/30/2013
Paul
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jennifer decorated our wedding soooo perfect for us. She listened well to our ideas and inspiration and turned it into such a beautiful wedding. Everyone commented on how crafty and beautiful our wedding was. Thank you soo much Jennifer. I had my fairy tale wedding i dreamed of :)!

• Wedding: 03/30/2013
Services Used: Favors & Gifts, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning
Casey