Jeffrey Scott Entertainment: Professional Disc Jockey Services
Making Weddings Fabulous since 1996!
Schenectady, NY 12305

Value:
Flexibility:

Sort By:

Private User 1 Reviews
This man was the most unprofessional person I have ever met. Please don't go by the reviews rated highly. I found out that he pays people to write positive things about him. He arrived at our wedding venue intoxicated and was slurring his words. He got names of the wedding party wrong and spoke very inappropriately to people. Please don't even meet with this person! Stay away!
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Jeffrey Scott did the music for our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception at the Gideon Putnam in Saratoga Springs.

Jeff arrived with plenty of time to set up for the reception, and queued up our requests for our processional and recessional perfectly (our recessional even required a custom edit!)

The cocktail hour music was understated and well suited for the vibe, nothing better could have been done here.

For the reception we teed off with special requests for introductions and then transitioned into our intros and first dance. Everything went great and was hilariously fun.

Would I recommend Jeffrey Scott? Absolutely.

Not sure what the earlier reviews are going on about, but I can assure you they really miss the mark.
Wedding: 10/05/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Jeffrey is the BEST!! My husband and I had no idea what we were doing at all and he helped us through the whole process and made sure everything was ready for the wedding day. The day of he did and awesome job at keeping the party going. He made sure to keep the party going and played into the crowd. We couldn't have asked for anything better. He really made the wedding.
Wedding: 09/29/2013

Private User 1 Reviews
Can't give rating because he didn't show. If it was possible to give negative stars I would. Didn't follow through with anything he said. He emailed the morning of the wedding saying he "hoped" he could make it. Sent fill-in DJ who thankfully did an OK job. Don't even waste time looking into this guy-- more trouble than you need.

Private User 1 Reviews
In reading some of the other reviews, I'm tempted to simply copy and paste, because it seems like other people have experienced just what we have been through (and are continuing to go through) with Jeffrey Scott and his LACK of service and professionalism. The day before our wedding, we received an email from Jeffrey explaining to us that he had "come down with strep throat" and would be bringing an assistant along-- the idea being that the assistant could make announcements while Jeffrey played the music. Five minutes before our cocktail hour began, we were introduced to the assistant, but Jeffrey was nowhere to be found. Also MIA was the high-quality Bose sound system we were promised and paid for. In Jeffrey's place: a DJ who had no clue what we wanted for our wedding, despite us having spent the last 8 months discussing in detail with Jeffrey. In the sound system's place: Two PA speakers and a laptop.

The assistant completely messed up the order of dances, the announcements to be made, and loads of other things. He played our top 15 songs nearly back to back at the BEGINNING of the night, which we obviously would have rather heard throughout the night-- you know, basic DJ stuff. A 7th grader with an iPod could have pulled it off better.

Now on to the post-wedding nightmare... We brought up these issues to Jeffrey, who offered us a PARTIAL refund. Have we seen it? Nope. The "first check" (in " " because it never existed) got "lost in the mail". Jeffrey claimed his bank was "charging him a fee" to look into the matter (no bank, ever) and finally, after more prodding, the check was cancelled and another sent in its place. Well, it's been nearly a month and we haven't received that check, either. We probably never will.

This guy is a lying, pathetic excuse for a professional DJ. He treats his customers like a joke. He doesn't show up to events he is booked for. He makes excuses for everything. Take your business and money elsewhere.
0.1/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  0.5
  • Flexibility:  0.0
I am not normally blindsided by much, but this one took me by surprise. I spoke and texted Jeff the night before my wedding asking him what type of meal he wanted (chicken or beef) and he told me. He never showed up to my wedding. I found out minitues before going into my ceremony. The DJ he sent, (Who didn't have all of my edits with him) said that Jeffrey was never planning on attending my wedding. Jeffrey said that he had something come up last minute. Turns out I found out where he was, and which wedding he was working, and he was contracted to this person for 8 months prior. Be VERY careful, and read your contract thouroughly if booking him, and make edits. He gave me some speech where he apparently hasn't missed an event in 9 years. Doubtful. When confronting him, he said- he wasn't exactly sure how to handle the situation. He said he wasn't sure if he should have told me before the wedding or after the wedding that he wasn't going to make it! Seriously???? Once we bardered for a full refund, it miraculously got lost in the mail. We had to go back and forth with him for several weeks after the event through email (as I live out of state) to get the refund. When I finally did- he shorted us the money by $50.00. Wow. Since then, he has even promised us the remaining balance but we have yet to see that. Save yourself for having to deal with the worst possibly situation, and book with someone else. This guy is going to put himself out of business. It now makes sense that back when I was originally booking him, he had another wedding on the same day- so he wasnt originally available. He called me about a month later saying that he had a "cancellation." Who knows? I probably was the reason he didn't show up to someone else's big day. If he did it to me, he will do it to you. Also, ask the vendors that you are using for other things. Word has it- he has been taken off several preferred vendor lists.
Wedding: 06/22/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Jeffrey went above and beyond to exceed all of our expectations, and he did so in SUCH a warm, professional, and seamless manner. We can not thank him enough for providing us with the perfect wedding night. Guests were on the dance floor all night long, and he succeeded in making sure everyone was happy. He tackled everything so flawlessly: ceremony music outside, the cocktail hour on the patio, the introductions, toasts, cake cutting, and the party itself. I had a dream wedding thanks to our awesome team, and Jeffrey was a core contribution to it. 10 stars ;)
Wedding: 06/21/2013
0.9/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  1.0
  • Responsiveness:  1.0
  • Professionalism:  0.5
  • Value:  1.0
  • Flexibility:  1.0

Private User 3 Reviews
I can't fully review Jeffrey Scott Entertainment because he didn't show up to our wedding like promised. His assistant was the only one to show up to do the work, after my parents paid for their 2 dinners. The day before the wedding he told me that he was going to be there, along with his assistant. At the reception, his assistant told our awesome videographer that Jeffrey was working at another wedding. What made it worse was that he was responsible for bringing a projector for the slideshow that I made. Since he didn't show up, we couldn't show the slideshow, which really irritated me. I was expecting to have a voicemail message or an email from him explaining why he never showed up, but there wasn't one. It's been almost a couple of months since our wedding and we still have not received an apology. As for his assistant, he did not play the music my mom wanted for the cocktail hour and he didn't play the music we requested for the reception until I asked him to. He started our requests so late in the reception, only a few of our 15 requests were played. Instead I had to hear the traditional wedding music I hate, like Bob Seger. I'm a huge fan of music and I was really pissed off that our music was not what we wanted. There's so much going on during a reception and I put trust into the DJ to play what we like, but he didn't deliver. Also, during the bridal party introductions, he left out the names of our ring bearer and our flower girls. There was no audience interaction and it barely felt like there was even a DJ there. In the end, the service was not worth the price we paid. To tell someone the day before your wedding to not worry and that everything will be great, and then to blow the wedding off. I just can't understand how someone could do something like that and then to not even apologize. Other than the terrible and unreliable DJ service of Jeffrey Scott Entertainment, our wedding day turned out awesome!
0.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  0.5
  • Responsiveness:  0.5
  • Professionalism:  0.5
  • Value:  0.5
  • Flexibility:  0.5

Private User 1 Reviews
What can I say about Jeffrey Scott? I'm not sure what to say about a DJ that doesn't show up at your wedding. That's right, he ditched our wedding, apparently he had a bigger gig at the last minute. No phone call, no email, no text, no show. WOW awesome man thanks. He was to provide us with a projector for our slide show, so we didn't get to have a slide show. The day before, he called and said that everything was set and he looked forward to our wedding. Instead, we got his assistant, who had the personality of a wet mop. No crowd interaction at all, he didn't even say the names of our ring bearer or flower girls during introductions. They were introduced simply as "the ring bearer and flower girls". What Jeffrey Scott did was very unprofessional and we were extremely disappointed. His assistant did not provide all the music we requested, he pretty much just sat there and did what anyone there could've done, sit there and play music. Overall our wedding was awesome except for the DJ. I would not recommend Jeffrey Scott to anyone, we did not get what we paid for.
2.9/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  2.0
  • Professionalism:  1.0
  • Value:  1.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Jeff is a very nice person and I hate to say anything negative....maybe it was just his fatigue from working late the day before my wedding but I was not at all satisfied with him as *OUR* DJ. Maybe we just didn't have that personal click with him like other couples might.
Quality: I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that my memory might not be the best considering everything that was going on that day but from what my husband and i recall, the music for the first 3/4 of the reception was pretty terrible. Someone actually called me a few days later and jokingly asked "what was that 50's style music crap all about?" This was playing from appetizers onward, with songs that no one could really dance to. Now I can't remember the details here but we remember not seeing him for an hour (long dinner break?) or so and two family members also asked where he went so that "the music could finally start." Perhaps the most upsetting part was when i danced over to him to say hello,he asked **" why isn't anyone on the dance floor? Your guests seriously suck."** I know that wasn't a personal statement, but i definitely took it as such and it almost brought me to tears. Perhaps if there was dance-able music playing, my guests could dance. He didn't start playing songs from our requested list until the last 30 mins or so.
Most unprofessional statement: "I wish you had told me you were working with (wedding coordinator). when brides tell me they're working with (her) i never agree to DJ the wedding b/c her girls get in the way of my job." I was floored when he said that. Perhaps the most unprofessional thing he could have said aside from "your guests suck.".
We asked for feedback about vendors from family and the least impressive aspect seemed to be the music earlier in the night. Many negative reviews especially from my parents who paid for the DJ...never a good sign. It should have clicked when all other vendors told me the DJ was a "DIVA."
Wedding: 05/26/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Our wedding was absolutely AMAZING! We had so many people tell us what a great time they had and how awesome our DJ was. Everyone kept raving about how great the music was that they played. They did such an awesome job at playing music that everyone there would enjoy. So many people were able to get up and dance and the dance floor was packed the whole night.

Our wedding was perfect thanks to Jeffrey Scott. Not only was his music phenomenal, but he was very efficient at getting back to me with any question I may have had. He did an excellent job MCing as well! Words cannot describe how incredibly impressed my guests were with Jeff and Wade. Very professional!

Of course without a doubt, we would HIGHLY recommend Jeffrey Scott Entertainment!
Wedding: 05/25/2013

Private User 1 Reviews
Don't ever use this person as a DJ. He doesn't show return calls or show up to events. He did not come to the actual wedding! We had no music or anyone to introduce the bridal party and the bride and groom. We had to ask our venue to assist and do the best they could. Please nobody call this man! He is awful! You don't need this stress on your wedding day!
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Jeffrey was an incredible DJ! He was always very responsive during the planning phase, creating an experience uniquely tailored to our wedding. So many people asked us about him during/after because they were so impressed!
Wedding: 04/20/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We absolutely loved working with Jeffrey! We had attended a wedding of a friend and knew then that we wanted him to be the DJ for our wedding. Jeffrey had, and played, all of the music we wanted to hear, even some ceremony music that I thought he might not have (but he did)! He played music that all of our guests could dance to and enjoy. He was a wonderful MC as well, and our wedding ran so smoothly! We had a great time and so did our guests! I would highly recommend Jeffrey Scott Entertainment!
Wedding: 04/14/2013

Anonymous 1 Reviews
Jeffrey was an absolute joy to work with. His music selection was top notch and he did an excellent job MCing the event as well. Our wedding was perfect thanks to him.
Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Jeffrey makes sure that you are taken care of. He is so much more than just a Dj. He makes sure your entire night runs smoothly and always puts you first. He is meticulous about pronunciation and makes sure to get your ok before doing anything you might not like. From the moment he greeted us at the door to the last dance, Jeffrey kept the party rocking and my guests happy!!!
Wedding: 09/29/2012
 518-596-6181
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire