Jeff Simpson Photography

Value
Flexibility
Becca
10/12/2014

We hired Tara and Jeff a year in advance to photograph our wedding in October. They were absolutely fantastic. First, their price point is great for what you get--two photographers, an engagement session, and complete access to your photos. We had lots of compliments on our photos--people said they were really crisp, but also had an artistic quality to some of them (you don't get that from all photographers). Here are the two things that stand out for me: They really know wedding photography. They are pros and they will organize your wedding party and make sure that you have a very complete set of photos. I was in a wedding this summer and the photographer barely helped organize the shots. At our wedding, Tara and Jeff were constantly moving us around, giving us suggested poses, giving us directions about where to stand and who to face. They told us how to organize our hotel room and showcase the "details" in advance so that it would look better for the photos. Trust me, this is worth it. Our shots look very coordinated. They may seem quiet at first, but they were very good about giving us directions or calling one of us out and saying "Look here for a second!" They even pulled us out of our cocktail hour for just 4 minutes so they could take an epic shot outside our wedding venue. Secondly, they were everywhere during our wedding. This might seem obvious, but I've been to weddings where this wasn't the case. At every moment they were kneeling, bending, standing on chairs just to get the shot they wanted. We have pictures from every single moment in our wedding, often from two angles. I highly recommend this pair!

Private User
Recently Married

The moment we came across Tara and Jeff's work we had to have them. Their creative eye is unlike anyone else we saw, just look at their websites! At frist we weren't sure on all the wedding details but they assured us they were flexible and would be happy to cover our needs. On the wedding day they were very professional, seamlessly blending in, and appeared to have a fun time with the rest of us! The photos came out UNBELIEVABLY good! We were speechless and still cannot stop looking at them.
We highly recommend these two to anyone looking for the best in Washington DC!!!
Thanks Tara and Jeff!

Services Used: Photography

We used Jeff for both our engagement photos and wedding day. His partner, Tara, was there on our wedding day as well. I'm so glad we had two very skilled photographers there because they were able to perfectly capture every aspect of the wedding day. Worth every penny.
The pictures are absolutely stunning and I can't wait to recommend them to my friends!

Jenn & Brian
Recently Married

Words cannot express how happy and impressed we are with Jeff Simpson Photography and Tara Parekh Photography. We hired both Jeff and Tara to do the photos for our May 2014 wedding. They are an extremely talented, dynamic, and professional team, and we cannot recommend them enough. It was a pleasure working with them every step of the way. At our initial meeting, we were immediately comfortable with Jeff and Tara. They were great about answering questions about their services promptly and frankly, which was very important to us. Their organization in the days leading up to the wedding was very helpful in making sure we got our group pictures done as orderly as possible on the big day. On our big day, they were both very professional and handled the crowds well. They were able to get all of our requests in and went the extra mile to get those special shots. Most importantly, Jeff and Tara did an excellent job capturing our day creatively and beautifully, and that is exactly what we wanted. We knew from looking at their work that we would have amazing pictures, but we were still blown away when we got the photographs. The photographs were not only beautiful and downright stunning, but they looked natural. We felt so comfortable and happy that day, and I think that really comes through in the pictures. We continue to get many rave reviews and compliments from friends and families who see their pictures. We would highly recommend them to anyone who wants exceptional photos for their wedding or engagement session. Thank you, Jeff and Tara!

Services Used: Photography

OUTSTANDING!!! We worked with Jeff and Tara as a team and are so happy with no only their work on the day of the wedding but with the photographs themselves. They captured ALL the important moments and the photographs turned out STUNNING! They kept us on track in terms of timing events the day of the wedding -we did not mean to utilize them this way, but it seemed natural since they were so easy to work with. There were other times however, we didn't even notice that they were snapping away at times because they were so unintrusive. It was the perfect balance of being there of when we needed them and not even noticing that they were there. We were so surprised at how many moments we missed during the wedding because we were so in the moment or not around at the time, but Jeff and Tara captured those moments for us making the reveal of the photos a few weeks later so much more special. Their technical skills and professionalism are spot on all the while feeling like you are working with an old friend. They were punctual, completed editing the pictures and shared them with us in a timely manner, and offered very competitive prices for the high quality and number of photos we acquired. We were so happy that we chose Tara and Jeff as our photographers. We chose them based on the recommendation of a friend after viewing his wedding photos.

Services Used: Photography

I have only got some sneak previews of my photos so far but Jeff was wonderful to work with and the intial photos look AMAZING!

Anonymous
1+ year ago

I've been so impressed with Jeff and Tara. I originally heard about Jeff from a message board where he was suggested, nearly 14 months before my wedding. I actually made sure Jeff was available for our possible wedding dates before confirming with the venue. His work is just incredible. He mostly captures moments with lighting rather than post-editing photoshop. We decided not to do engagement pics or anything so we didn't meet Jeff and Tara until the day of our wedding. They both were so friendly and professional. I must have OOhed and Ahhed 100 times over the preview pics they showed me on their cameras. They were smiling and having fun too. That made me happy!

I've seen some teaser pics from the wedding and I'm so excited to see more. its WORTH IT. Both Tara and Jeff have great vision. They even got my husband to smile for pics which is no easy feat! haha

Services Used: Photography

Great team photographer with Tara... Very Friendly and took great picture was very accommodating to Asian customs for pictures that we needed. Did excellent work couldn't have asked for a better photographers.

Services Used: Photography

Jeff Simpson and his co-photographer, Tara, who also shot our wedding, were an absolute dream to work with--extremely professional, great, easy-going personalities, and best of all, the images they captured were crystal clear, dramatic and beautiful! My husband and I found Jeff's website online after looking at dozens and dozens of DC-area photographer websites, and checking out numerous recommendations from friends and colleages. Until we came across Jeff's work, nothing had really stood out--the photography samples we saw looked good, but nothing extraordinary. Jeff's work is uniformly stunning, especially his use of lighting to create dramatic, magazine-worthy photos. Jeff and Tara were unobtrusive but did an excellent job of capturing the intimate moments for our engagement shoot, first look, wedding and reception. So many of our guests have commented on how amazing our photos turned out and have specifically commented on how incredible the color and lighting look in the photos. I loved our venue already, but Jeff's photography made the place look like a storybook! Choosing a great photographer was a top priority for us, and we are so glad we went with Jeff Simpson. His prices are extremely reasonable and frankly he could charge a lot more than he does, and we even got to keep the CD with all of our images, which isn't too common. If you want truly memorable pictures that have that "something extra", I would definitely recommend that you go with Jeff and Tara!

Services Used: Photography

Have you seen his pictures? They’re awesome. Just book him. And Tara! Jeff shot our engagement, wedding, and day-after shoot. Money well spent. Jeff is friendly, personable, fun to be around, and overall just a really great guy. To top it all off, we have incredible photos and not enough wall space! First, Jeff came to Maine for our engagement shoot. Despite being unfamiliar with the sites, Jeff still captured some of his typically epic shots. http://jeffsimpsonphoto.com/blog/portland-engagement-photographer-wedding-destination-melinda-pat/. For our wedding, Jeff stayed with the bride/bridesmaids, while his partner Tara was with the groom/groomsmen. During the ceremony, they were inconspicuous while getting all the major moments on film. Didn’t notice them at all. During the bride/groom portraits, Jeff and Tara worked incredibly well together to set up unique shots. Although Jeff had us write a list of shots we wanted ahead of time, bring a copy with you on the day of. We got most, but not all. Definitely have them show up for the pre-wedding activities. They both did a beautiful job of capturing the whole story of our wedding day. http://jeffsimpsonphoto.com/blog/mount-vernon-wedding-photography-marriott-residence-inn-old-town-melinda-pat/. We wanted some classic D.C. shots without being rushed on our wedding day, so we did a day-after shoot in the city. Jeff captured gorgeous shots of us at the Lincoln Memorial and the Capitol. We were so happy to get the outdoor shots we couldn’t get on our cold, rainy wedding day and get some get classic photos: http://jeffsimpsonphoto.com/blog/modern-dc-bridal-day-after-shoot-jefferson-memorial-melinda-pat/. Above all else, Jeff loves photography and it shines through his beautiful images. All of his equipment is top-of-the-line, he promptly put up previews of some pictures and the overall turnaround was reasonable. Sometimes he takes a while to respond to emails, but seriously, just look at his pictures. You'll be convinced.

Services Used: Photography

Wow. I can't believe how amazing Jeff and Tara were. Their level of professionalism and enthusiasm is unparalleled. We knew that our photos were the one thing that we would not cut cost on and Jeff and Tara have given us the most beautiful memories. This was especially important because we had a destination wedding, and not all of our friends and family could go. The photos we got make every person feel as if they were in California with us. They were so much fun to work with and they did a great job of catching every moment while not attracting attention to their work. They truly enjoy what they do and that makes the event much more fun. I honestly have never seen better photos anywhere, its mind blowing. I can't recommend Jeff Simpson photography enough, it was the single best decision we made for our wedding and I can't thank him and Tara enough.

Anonymous
2+ years ago

Jeff is a fantastic photographer. Numerous friends and family who have seen pictures of our wedding and engagement shots have said "those look like they should be in a magazine." He especially excels at any kind of landscape shot. I really liked that he posted pictures from our wedding on his blog, so that we could share highlights with friends and family. He also posts all of the pictures on a separate section of his website, which we shared with those who wanted to see more. His rate was great and significantly less than others that we looked at in the D.C. area. He posted our pictures within a month, which we thought was impressive. We highly recommend him.

Services Used: Photography

Jeff (and Tara) was amazing to work with... it turned out to be one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. Words cannot even begin to describe the outstanding service and immaculate photographs Jeff took on our special day. I would have no hesitations what-so-ever in recommending Jeff Simpson Photography to anyone looking for a photographer for their wedding or ANY other special event. From the moment you meet Jeff, you know you have discovered and unique gentleman with an incredible gift, and will be in terrific hands. The level of professionalism, care, charm, creativity, and imagination that Jeff brought to us on our day exceeded every expectation we had. We consider ourselves lucky to have had the chance to work with him - Jeff is the best, hands down!

Services Used: Photography

For us a good photographer was a top priority for our wedding. We were looking for professionalism, creativity, quality and a good connection; we wanted to feel comfortable with them, after all, they were going to be with us for several hours on the most important day of our lives.

When we met Jeff Simpson and Tara Parekh, we found everything we were looking for and more. We were very impressed with their work and creative eye. We did our engagement pictures with them, it was a cold and windy day in Georgetown, but they made it fun and got us comfortable in front of the camera. The pictures turned out amazing. The day of the wedding they arrived early, they were there from the beginning until the very end capturing every detail and special moment. We would HIGHLY recommend them!!

Services Used: Photography

We found Jeff on a random Google search and were incredibly lucky to find him! I'm sure a lot of people who like their vendors just rate 5 out of 5 without thinking about them, but Jeff truly was just that good.

Jeff not only gave us stunning photos at a great rate, but added to our overall wedding experience. We utilized Jeff as well as his associate photographer Tara Parekh, who worked very well with Jeff, playing off of each other and making the day fun, and the shots amazing. We strongly recommend both Jeff and Tara to enhance your special day.

Also - we took advantage of Jeff's package to include an engagement session, which turned out wonderfully. He not only gave us great shots, but managed time very well, and was very realistic about how much time we'd need to get the shots we wanted.

Services Used: Photography

My pictures were amazing. Jeff did a great job. I barely noticed that he was there but he got some really unique shots. His rates are VERY reasonable for the DC metro area also. Friends and family keep telling my how great my pictures look.