Jay's Bridal & Special Occasions

Jay's Bridal & Special Occasions

3501 SW 2nd Avenue
Gainesville, FL 32607
The owner has indicated they are no longer in business.

3.9
Flexibility:
(3.5 / 5.0)
4.2/5.0
  • Flexibility: 1.0

As of writing this, Jay's Bridal has unfortunately gone out of business. I wanted to post this review, however, because Erica was phenomenal! After she saw a few of my selections to try on dresses, she could tell what my style was and provided a lot of good information. Erica was not pushy at all and was accommodating and very helpful. When I went back the second time for am additional appointment to try on wedding dresses, I was told that Jay's found out they had to go out of business at the end of the month (August 2012). Because of this, all of the sample dresses off the rack were at least 50% off. The dress I had in mind was actually my size, so I ended up buying it that day! I had a positive experience with Jay's, even though they went out of business during the process of me looking for a dress.

• Wedding: 06/09/2013
0.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 2.0
  • Professionalism: 1.0
  • Value: 1.0
  • Flexibility: 0.0

My two bridesmaids purchased (paid and placed orders) with Jay's Bridal. Unknown to us, they filed for BANKRUPTCY and the store is scheduled to close on 30 August. They never placed the orders with designers (they cited that the designer ran out of the fabric) and my bridesmaids paid back in mid-May. They never called me when they have all my contact information or my bridesmaids. ALWAYS look for reviews on anyone you are contracting with for your wedding.

• Flexibility: 5.0

We would like to thank Jays Bridal for the Wedding shopping, service and delivery of my daughters Wedding Dress. Your shop was the ONLY shop where Christina felt like a Bride...you all gave her the attention, help and dedication that she needed in selecting her Gown. We just got her gown in; and it is BEAUTIFUL! Only minor alterations need done, if that! I would like to Thank You for everything. Kim and Christina

• Wedding: 10/20/2012
0.0/5.0
  • Value: 0.0
  • Flexibility: 0.0

THEY FAILED TO EVEN CALL AND LET ME KNOW THAT THEY WERE CLOSING N HERE IT IS AUGUST 21 N I GET MARRIED OCTOBER 20! ALL 6 OF MY GIRLS PAID FOR THE DRESSES N NOW WHAT AM I GOING TO DO!

0.0/5.0
  • Value: 0.0
  • Flexibility: 0.0

It is very sad that after that many years of service in a great community along with great business and hard working partners/vendors someone is forced to close a store leaving behind a legacy completely tarnished by the lack of sincerity, compassion for the faithful business partners and above all by a complete lack of humility! Pride and vanity is a sin of all ages! Shame just simply shame!!

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Services Used: Unique Services (Other)
1.0/5.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 1.0

I ordered a dress for my flower girl from Jays Bridal in January, assuming this would be early enough for my August wedding - not the case. The dress I had ordered was discontinued, but the company neglected to inform me of this. I called after 4 months (to allow for the 16 weeks max shipping time), at which point I was told that it was discontinued. They offered to replace the dress with a replacement and ship it in time for the wedding, which I agreed to. That was the last I heard from anyone at the company, as they never responded to my emails or phone calls to check the status of the order. The wedding is next week, so I had to buy another dress in a store to replace it. Very very disappointing and stressful.

3.1/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 2.5
  • Responsiveness: 2.0
  • Professionalism: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 3.0

I bought my Maggie Sottero Elya dress online from Jay's Bridal. It took a little over 6 months before the dress arrived so thank goodness I ordered it well in advance. They need improvement on the communication side. After you place an order, you have to talk to different people than if you just call the store. That number always went to voicemail for me. No one ever responded until I finally called the store and begged them to give me someone's direct line or promise someone would call me. Finally I talked to someone and they said they had a tracking number and my dress would be there in 2 weeks. (I was getting worried by this point because we were well past their SLA and my wedding was getting close and I needed time for alterations). My dress finally did come so everything was ok. Definitely good to order online from here if your dress is expensive enough to qualify for free shipping, because you avoid sales tax and if you catch one of their promo codes you can get a free veil and shoes.

• Wedding: 05/12/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Amazing service from Michelle! Thank you so much!!!

• Wedding: 10/29/2011
4.7/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.0

The girls at Jay's Bridal were great to work with, both for my wedding dress and my MoH's dress. And the store often has sales! I tried my dress on in the store (they happened to have my size, it was meant to be), after trying on several others that my friends and Ashley (who helped me nearly every time I was in the store) recommended. After stalling for a few months (as my wedding was almost two years away), we bought my dress over the phone, and I went into the store for sizing.

Any questions I had, they were very helpful with, and everyone I worked with in the store was very professional, knowledgeable, and great to work with.

• Wedding: 10/22/2011
4.9/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Thank you Thank you Thank you for helping me find the dress of my dreams and making my BIG day so wonderful! I was so impressed with the service through out the whole process and loved that I was able to get not only my dress but also my bridesmaids dresses, tuxedos and even my mother's and mother-in-laws dresses. Jay's is the BEST!!

• Wedding: 10/10/2010
1.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 1.0
  • Responsiveness: 1.0
  • Professionalism: 1.0
  • Value: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 1.0

DO NOT BUY YOUR DRESS HERE! TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. IF YOU CALL THE STORE, YOU NEVER RECIEVE CALLS BACK, AND WHEN YOU GET SOMEBODY ON THE PHONE THEY HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION. YOU DON'T RECIEVE CONFIRMATION THAT THE DRESS HAS BEEN ORDERED. THEY HAVE DIFFERENT ONLINE PROMOTIONS GOING ON AND HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY ARE OFFERING! DRESSES ARE RIPPED, TORN, AND DIRTY. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL AND I WOULD NOT RECOMEND ANYONE TO COME HERE. SPEND A LITTLE BIT MORE AND GO TO SOLUTIONS BRIDAL!!!!

-UNSATISFIED CUSTOMER

• Wedding: 09/14/2010
3.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 2.5
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 2.5

Jay's Bridal has been the unrivaled moderately-priced wedding boutique in Gainesville for years. Recently, David's Bridal opened a store in G-ville, so it will be interesting to see if they can compete. On the upside, they have an adequate selection of gowns from different designers at moderate prices. On the downside, I never really felt like they were engaged in helping us. Only when they found out that the groom was the brother of a former co-worker did they seem very interested at all. Also, they have NO in-house alterations, which is disappointing and somewhat bothersome. In the end, we did take a floor-sample that fit perfectly and was just this side of Heaven for beautiful; but the "cash and carry" feel of the experience wasn't exactly what dreams are made of.

• Wedding: 08/15/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I was really really nervous about buying my dress online but after speaking to people at Jay's I was comfortable. They were very responsive by email. They had the BEST price anywhere. I found the dress in my area but paid almost $300 less at Jay's. PLUS i got a free veil and shoes. It came in time and was PERFECT. I HIGHLY recommend Jay's to anyone.

• Wedding: 05/22/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The ladies at Jay's bridal were so helpful with the task of picking out my dress. They were very mindful of my budget and did not try to push anything on me that was too expensive or that I didn't need. They even helped me order a petite size dress when I didn't even know that was an option. Thanks to them I avoided a lot of costly alterations!

• Wedding: 04/24/2010
4.7/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

The staff was very attentive while helping me pick out my dress. My dress was beautiful and there were no delays getting thru the store. :)

• Wedding: 11/07/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

After looking everywhere for my dress, Jay's Bridal and Special Occasion had the best price. I was concerned with buying my dress online, but after reading the reviews, I decided to just do it.

They were very responsive and precise with when the dress would be delivered. They always got back to me in e-mails fairly quickly.

The dress was shipped promptly and arrived right on time with when they said it would, in perfect condition.

If you are looking to buy your dress online (since it is usually a good deal cheaper than a boutique), I would DEFINITELY recommend them.

• Wedding: 05/30/2009
352-377-9548
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
3.9