Jacob Henry Mansion Estate

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
4.7

Absolutely the most beautiful place I've ever been too!! My husband and I had a few locations in mind for our ceremony and this was the first place we went. As soon as we left there, I told him we do not need to go anywhere else this is 100% the place I want to be married at!! Amanda is one of the most easiest people to work with, she knows her stuff and is very available any time you need her. I had a great experience there and would not trade any moment at Jacob Henry for another idea! She helped with back up plans in case it rained and did amazing with the decorations I supplied her with. They also set up extra chairs once way more guests showed up than expected!! They're customer service and responsiveness was enough for me to give them all 5's but the grounds, and value made it the most beautiful wedding ever!! I would recommend this place to anyone!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Jacob Henry Mansion Estate is a beautiful wedding venue! Everyone was so helpful and worked with our budget. Thanks to the staff at the Jacob Henry Mansion Estate our wedding day was perfect! The food was delicious and everyone had a great time at the reception.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Family owned and completely hands on. My wedding day went perfectly (November 2014). PROFESSIONALS! Attention to detail and my complete satisfaction with every step of the process. They held my hand all the way. I had my ceremony in the church onsite, followed by cocktail hour, then our reception. Jacob Henry is the ONLY option for weddings or special events. The amount of TLC they put into my wedding was outstanding. I truly wish more people were like this family in the world. They hold a special place in my heart and all the gratitude I can express.

melissa
09/19/2014

This venue is what we called our secret diamond. Located in Joliet, it was unbelievably amazing and beautiful. We had our wedding here as well as our ceremony. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!! The staff here went what seemed like above and beyond. Amanda, was my coordinator, I would have been lost without her, she helped me in so many ways and levels. Could not have pulled this wedding off in such a short time if it was not or her. The knowledge, the help, everything, truely amazing. Even the night of, her mom, Sue, helped me with my dress when my dress started coming undone. She had a drawer in the bathroom that was basically an emergency drawer. Anything you could think of, plus more, she came to my rescue. Shes done this for awhile, and it shows. They seemed to be an entire team of people there to help out in any way possible. It's a family owned business, and that is exactly how myself and my entire family felt with them, like family. You can do everything here, there are so many possibilities. We had the garden reserved for our ceremony, but had the church as back up if weather was bad. Seperate room for cocktail hour and the reception hall, exquisite. This is definitely by far one of the best places I have gone to for a wedding, and I have been to my fare share. Check this place out, you will not be sorry!!!!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Officiant, Wedding Planning

From start to finish it was all excellent. Amanda helped us plan, and Sue saw to the execution, and everything went perfectly. My expectations were far exceeded by the service and care of the staff. Amanda and Sue treated us like their family! Everything went off without a hitch, and the whole day turned out perfectly.

Hannah
08/16/2014

The ladies at JHM are literally one big family. It's mom Sue and her daughters running the show. Amanda was our consultant and they were all so amazing! I got stressed out about plenty of things throughout my wedding planning process, but I had very little stress when it came to things that fell under the JHM umbrella. Amanda is so organized and on top of things, I felt very safe trusting her to keep me on the right timeline.
I think where they really knocked it out of the park was day of. They decorated the ballroom beautifully! The food was amazing. Service was quick and friendly. All of my guests raved about the food, servers and bartenders. And Sue and Amanda kept me at ease the whole day. I never had to worry about anything, I could just enjoy the day. At one point, I got particularly emotional (my husband and I took a photo on opposite sides of a door, holding hands, just minutes before the ceremony) and Sue brought me over to stand on top of an A/C vent to cool off and help me regain my composure.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

I was beyond impressed with this venue. Amanda was great to work with, and knew all of the answers to my questions. I have and will continue recommending this venue to others.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We loved having our ceremony and reception at the Jacob Henry Mansion. The Old Central Church was a gorgeous place for our ceremony, and we had our reception in the Mansion, which was beautiful and unique. We also used the courtyard for the cocktail hour and dancing, and the lawn for lawn games! Everything was lovely and went perfectly.

We worked with Sarah, Jenn, and Amanda and they were amazing. They answered all of our questions and accommodated every request we had, including a gluten free menu. They set up and took down everything, including centerpiece items we brought in ourselves. They made or day so special and stress free and were a pleasure to work with.

Our wedding was on a Sunday and the prices were so reasonable, even with lots of menu switches. I can't speak highly enough of the Jacob Henry Mansion for a wedding venue.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I owe our perfect wedding to the staff at the Jacob Henry Mansion! From the first phone call to book the date to the end of the wedding night they were amazing. They were so organized and helped with every little detail along the way. They were always available for my many questions and provided suggestions for all of the many decisions we had to make.

We had a great time, and our guests can't stop raving about how beautiful the venue was, how amazing the food, and the service was. We wouldnt have changed a thing!

Amanda
09/14/2013

When my now husband and I booked an appointment with Amanda back in July 2011, we were merely starting our "shopping" of venue locations. Upon meeting Amanda, we were welcomed with a very professional, yet personable personality. She let us explore the mansion, lawn & gardens, and ballroom. She answered all of our questions, keeping it very black and white. The last part she showed us was Old Central Church, were we ended up having our Ceremony. We were blown away by the beauty of the church. At that point, Kevin whispered to me, "This is it! This is where it will be!" We didn't book right away. I was missing one thing. My ring! Although after he proposed in February 2012, we went back in March and booked our date.
We are beyond pleased with Amanda, her family, and the amazing staff at Jacob Henry. Everyone loved the all-in-one location, the food, and their overall experience.
On a personal note, my grandpa ended up becoming very ill during the Ceremony. Right after, he was transported to a near by hospital due to Cardiac complications. I, however, did not know what was going on until dinner time but very little even then. They ran a smooth ship and kept everything high in spirits. I can not express how happy I am with everything!! They went above and beyond with what I was expecting. Future brides, TRUST ME!! You will not be disappointed!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue is absolutely fabulous in all areas - outdoor space, banquet facilities quality of service and overall perfection in expediting all wants and needs. My niece's wedding was so beautiful due to the expertise of all involved at this site. They are exceptional at "details" and keeping a close eye on everything the day of the wedding which is extremely necessary. We couldn't be happier with the professionalism and service-oriented personnel at Jacob Henry Mansion. The outdoor and indoor photos tell the real story of a very beautiful wedding.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had my wedding ceremony and reception at the Jabob Henry Mansion in August and I had the pleasure of working with Amanda. This venue was excellent. They offered me much more than just a ceremony and reception spot, it was like having my own personal wedding planner provided as well. The mansion helped me through every step of the way while planning my wedding day! Each and every person was professional and helpful throughout all of the planning and the big night. The food was fabulous and not having to have an outside caterer was so convenient! I can't say enough wonderful things about the service Amanda provided us with. I could not have done it without her or the rest of the staff. She made my wedding day go so smoothly. I knew that everything would be perfect on my big day because they had it all covered and it allowed me to just relax and enjoy my wedding! I absolutely recommend this venue!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Everything about the Jacob Henry Mansion Estate is wonderful! The grounds and buildings are gorgeous, and my husband and I knew as soon as we saw it that we wanted to get married there. You must visit to get a true feel for the beauty and elegance of this place! We used the church for our ceremony and the ballroom for our reception, and our wedding felt so classy and romantic. Our guests were taken aback by how unique this place is. Even our photographers were excited about having the opportunity to shoot at this location! This is a family owned and operated business, and everyone who works there is kind, fun, and professional. We had Sarah as our personal coordinator, and she went above and beyond to make our wedding exactly what we wanted it to be! She tolerated all of my family's emails and phone calls and still greeted us with a smile and hug every time we met with her. They work with you every step of the way and offer great tips on any aspect of wedding planning. If you have unique ideas, they are excited to make them happen. Our friends and family raved about our wedding, and we would highly recommend the Jacob Henry Mansion Estate!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

It is with great pleasure that I recommend the Jacob Henry Mansion Estate to all of you newly engaged couples out there! My husband and I had our wedding ceremony in the Old Central Church and it was breathtakingly beautiful with the aisle candelabras and the gorgeous stained-glass windows and pipe organ. Our reception was held in the elegant Victorian Ballroom which was also very stunning. The delicious food and the beauty of the Estate is what our guests kept raving about. Our guests were amazed as they stepped out from the ballroom to the charming veranda outdoors to see the enchanting grounds. Furthermore, the Bornhofen’s welcomed us as if we were part of their own family. Sue and her daughters were there for us the moment our wedding planning began and throughout those final touches on our big day. Sue is attentive, organized, and cared for me as if I was her own daughter. The Bornhofen’s went “above and beyond” to make our wedding a true success and we cannot thank them enough!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I will never be able to thank Kelly Baltas and the Jacob Henry Mansion team enough for all they did to make my daughter's wedding perfect. The venue is so beautiful and unique. Countless people told me that this was one of the best weddings they had ever attended. The gardens were gorgeous for our summer wedding and outside ceremony. Even if the weather hadn't cooperated, the Jacob Henry Mansion has a church onsite and would have easily moved the ceremony inside. This is always a concern for a Chicago wedding, and it is wonderful to be able to have a back up plan. Kelly helped us plan this wedding from start to finish. So even if you have never planned a wedding before, you are in great hands. She has lots of experience and can help you with the smallest of details, without going over budget. Kelly even helped us plan our tea party bridal shower in the mansion. A particular theme they had never done before but were happy to plan with us! In case I forgot to mention it, the food was fantastic and there is plenty of parking. Not an easy task with over 200 people! I would definitely recommend this venue to any bride wanting to do something different from the usual banquet hall boredom. It is a little bit of a drive from Chicago, but well worth it. Do yourself a favor and just have a look!
Donna Davis

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

As a florist, I find the venue and staff at Jacob Henry Mansion true Professionals. They do everything possible to make the Bride and her Party and guests comfortable, relaxed and are always available so every Bride can enjoy Her Wedding Day to the fullest.
As a vendor, they are always helpful to me and my Staff.
5 of 5 for Jacob Henry